micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ok
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

@mastina why did you give to meph
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:10 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

honestly i want to think mastina is town

we know skitter was given an ability by mafia

we know meph was given an ability not necessarily by mafia

i think surface level the odds that those are two mafia are low
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Slaxx »

We don’t know that technically.

I mean that’s only not true if they’re both scum and lying, which I doubt, but we don’t KNOW that’s not the case.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Slaxx »

Really we don’t know if Skitter is telling the truth but I’m really not going down that rabbit hole, if this was all orchestrated, then good grief take the w
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Slaxx »

To be completely unambiguous: Skitter is town and I’m not budging on that.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:19 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

yeah skitters always v lol
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

lmao i wish i could i pull something off like this as scum

i'm not really around on weekends; i'd prefer if the day didn't end before i get back
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1898, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1876, Pink Ball wrote:Giving you a townread was pretty much "I'm going to pocket the shit out of skitter 'cause she's the cop", 'cause yes, of course I knew you were the cop. I read the guilty and acted like I didn't in order to get your attention.
like i guess i'm a little nervous that it's the same scenario here
but i'm not sure you'd purposefully do that again
The difference is that I think I would've tried to pocket you on D1 instead of the start of D2? Did you feel pocketed back in D1? Do you feel pocketed right now? 'Cause I don't I'm pocketing you. I wasn't even townreading you and I never had the chance to townread you either; I gave you the town status because of duck's read on you and now I believe your claim, so I think it's different. But yeah I really understand you and I think I would be as paranoic as you are right now if I was in your position.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Slaxx »

Alright Sheep, if Mastina is town who are we looking at for a pair?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I think you could solve your read on me on other interactions instead of us two in specific, if you wish to sort me, but I think I got plenty of towncred on D1 because of interactions, reactions, good reads and overall playing for a town win. I mean, if I knew you were the tracker, or know that there was a tracker at all, I don't know if mastina would've made the kill instead of me, for instance. I was a solid townread, why let the second highest wagon to make the kill?

I think that's the only reason I could believe mastina's claim also; why did mastina did the kill and not her partner? Was sheep more suspicious than mastina? Maybe mastina's partner is LolWagons and they were afraid you would follow duck's final interaction with him to track instead of mastina.

Either way, lynching mastina today is a good alternative.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 1882, podoboq wrote:
In post 1878, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1869, podoboq wrote:
In post 1868, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1865, podoboq wrote:
@everyone:
If anyone (other than mastina) has an idea as to where Meph got her power at the beginning of night one, please say something?
Read my post, I'm pretty much convinced of what I'm saying.
Unless I'm reading you incorrectly, you think that both skitter and Meph received new abilities from scum, and that all town roles at the beginning of the game were VT.

I'm fine with that interpretation, except that both Meph and skitter received their powers at the beginning of the night phase, which means it's not a night action, that scum would have to hand out two different abilities to two different players, and that both of those players are bulletproof (at least the night of).
Yeah yeah my point still stands, I meant that the scum had to give these powers to town and they couldn't nightkill them, so they give the powers and then make the kill at night.
Theoretically, I can see all those things being true also. But it has issues since Meph and skitter's claims mismatch in a lot of ways. Primarily, that skitter apparently knows that her ability came from scum, and Meph doesn't seem to have that info.
I’ve already said that my ability doesn’t benefit Mastina in anyway, so if she was the one to give me the rolechange, it makes sense that she doesn’t know what it is.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pm

In post 1811, podoboq wrote:Mastina, since apparently you are omnipresent in all games of mafia ever played and have a perfect memory of all of them, please verify for the class that this is, in fact, the most toxic game I have ever been a part of.

Spoiler:
In post 1482, mastina wrote:
In post 1350, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I can’t help get the feeling that Mastina has somehow set up a situation with an artificial 1v1 between tw and myself. Having us as her #1 townread and the worst, as her #1 scumread.
You apparently haven't been paying attention
if you think the worst is my #1 scumread; that'd be podoboq.

You also apparently haven't been reading my
fucking
posts, because.
She approaches this in a deliberately scummy way
I already
fucking
answered this. I did no such thing so stop
fucking
saying I did.
Neither Mastina’s #1 townread on us or #1 scumread on the worst are ever explained
Also false.

Read my
fucking
posts because
literally nothing you're saying about me is true
The way you talk to players, supposedly your teammates, is not conducive to us playing a game together. You aren't the only one, but you seem to have the strongest ego, and you are the loudest, so I'm directing this at you. You make this game toxic, and unfun to play.
In post 1807, podoboq wrote:I would be posting this stuff in the dead thread, but I don't have the good fortune of being dead, so I'm gonna post it here. This isn't AI content, and it's not discussing AI content. I just need to say it.

Spoiler:
In post 1721, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1714, Slaxx wrote:Maybe if you focused on talking about this game and weren’t a hysterical basket case you’d know that
You watch it. Another crack like that and I’m reporting you.
Jesus, get a thicker skin or stop playing mafia for a while.

Lobbing an insult here or there isn't against site or game rules.
In post 1005, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:I never fake my emotions, therefore nothing I do is ever forced, sloppy, possibly but forced? never.
In post 1311, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:A) I never fake my emotions.
This is pretty flagrantly playing with the line of trust tell, though, which is explicitly against site rules. Watch it or I might report you :roll:
In post 1327, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1324, the worst wrote:Basically like you've got a pretty broad scumrange wrt emotions + selfmeta cognisance so I wanna see the back side of that. what part of your play here do you think should be making sheep and/or me go "oh yeah ok Nancy is town"?
In post 1323, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1321, the worst wrote:Nancy I scumread your predecessor and don't townread your contributions so far... what do you think has been outside your scumrange?
If you think I would ever tell you to fuck off as scum, then our friendship has been an absolute sham.
You clearly think I fucking care more about winning a stupid game more than our friendship?

You honestly think that little of me?
Whether or not you consider the "
faking emotions
" thing a trust tell, this is unacceptable. While it's not against site rules, you are holding your relationships with other players hostage, telling them that scumreading you means that they care more about the game than your friendship. How dare you do that to another player. Insults are happening within the context of a game, and can be handwaved and ignored. You're the one making things personal.
In post 1398, skitter30 wrote:whatever i'll just say my bit now because this is really starting to upset me; sorry if i cause another outburst

nancy, you respond to normal criticism within the scope of the game - ie like people scumreading you or saying you may be within your scum meta - by lashing out at people: swearing at them, calling them names, threatening to not talk to people, threatening to rep-out, attacking their character, attacking your friendship with them etc

it's at best disruptive and distasteful and at worst toxic and emotionally manipulative to get people to say what you want to hear (or at least to stop saying what you don't like)

it's making me upset and uncomfortable to read interactions like this; i really don't like it and it kinda fucks with my head to read this sort of thing. and the game is rather small so i feel like i can't just ignore you altogether.

(i'm aware i'm playing a game that's inherently about manipulation but i feel like this sort of thing crosses the line)
Thanks, skitter.
Disagree and I 100% WILL report ANYONE who insults me in such a way. I would strongly advise you not to volunteer. :]

Your bs psychobabble analysis is not appreciated btw.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 pm

In post 1886, Slaxx wrote:Someone mentioned a mass claim. I think we can afford to wait one more day. Kirby, Me, Podo, and Skitter are all onboard with how the others are thinking, so I think the only thing I want revealed at this point is Meph’s gifted ability.
It serves no town purpose for us to do that so no.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 pm

In post 1913, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1886, Slaxx wrote:Someone mentioned a mass claim. I think we can afford to wait one more day. Kirby, Me, Podo, and Skitter are all onboard with how the others are thinking, so I think the only thing I want revealed at this point is Meph’s gifted ability.
If we do do a mass claim tomorrow, I’m okay with that.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm

In post 1910, Pink Ball wrote:I think you could solve your read on me on other interactions instead of us two in specific, if you wish to sort me, but I think I got plenty of towncred on D1 because of interactions, reactions, good reads and overall playing for a town win. I mean, if I knew you were the tracker, or know that there was a tracker at all, I don't know if mastina would've made the kill instead of me, for instance. I was a solid townread, why let the second highest wagon to make the kill?

I think that's the only reason I could believe mastina's claim also; why did mastina did the kill and not her partner? Was sheep more suspicious than mastina? Maybe mastina's partner is LolWagons and they were afraid you would follow duck's final interaction with him to track instead of mastina.

Either way, lynching mastina today is a good alternative.
I am extremely suspicious of Slaxx demanding ONLY we claim and not as part of a D3 mass claim. I don’t see that as anyway townie. So, rn they are my #1 scumread, followed by sheep. Mastina is ???

Having never actually played with town!Mastina and Labrynth doesn’t count (since Ank did most of the posting), I can say that she is way more annoying in this game then the 2 games I played with her as scum.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm

In post 1914, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1913, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
If we do do a mass claim tomorrow, I’m okay with that.
Who tf is Kirby?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:02 pm

Pretty confident that PB is town here.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:13 pm

In post 1808, podoboq wrote:LolWagons is still town to me for now. Maybe I'm blind by the fact that his approach to the game makes me comfortable, but I like to believe there's towny things coming from him. I don't the push on TW was good, but his claim was garbage, and I understand why he was lynched. When I came back to the thread to see that the day was over and he was lynched on a holiday, I was kind of furious, but catching up, I get it. He shouldn't have claimed a PR.

I don't know how to read sheep. Thought I did, but since our last game ended, and I was clearly wrong about his slot, the things that I thought were town AI from him are no longer town AI. I got nothing on that slot except for its associations, which aren't exceptionally bad based only on TW and Nibbui's flips.
Why does town ever single out the one player who town!tw has as his never lynching and while advocating a mass claim - for everyone else, D3. How is this even remotely townie?

If I honestly believed that there was some town benefit to doing so. unlike Skitter’s reveal, I would 100% do so but like I said, I’m fine with doing it along with everyone else in a D3 mass claim.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 pm

In post 1918, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 1808, podoboq wrote:LolWagons is still town to me for now. Maybe I'm blind by the fact that his approach to the game makes me comfortable, but I like to believe there's towny things coming from him. I don't the push on TW was good, but his claim was garbage, and I understand why he was lynched. When I came back to the thread to see that the day was over and he was lynched on a holiday, I was kind of furious, but catching up, I get it. He shouldn't have claimed a PR.

I don't know how to read sheep. Thought I did, but since our last game ended, and I was clearly wrong about his slot, the things that I thought were town AI from him are no longer town AI. I got nothing on that slot except for its associations, which aren't exceptionally bad based only on TW and Nibbui's flips.
Why does town ever single out the one player who town!tw has as his never lynching and while advocating a mass claim - for everyone else, D3. How is this even remotely townie?

If I honestly believed that there was some town benefit to doing so. unlike Skitter’s reveal, I would 100% do so but like I said,
I’m fine with doing it along with everyone else in a D3 mass claim

P.esit. What I mean is that our reveal isn’t helpful like Skitter’s obviously was. Otherwise, we would absolutely do it.

Really, really don’t care for Slaxx’s highly suspicious rollefishing and neither does Ari.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Lol so like, how about we not wagon obvtown mastina, ya?

Also if skitty is claiming tk be like a D3 IC they are off the table.

Slaxx and sheeo should be scum here and I'd ve really surprised if I'm wrong.

So uh ya. I guess I'll keep reading!

DrunknAri Out!
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol you literally said earlier it was a weak role, if I recall, basically unprompted. At that time I told you not to disclose anymore.

As the day progressed, it made more sense for you to claim after Skitter did.

Mastina isn’t obvtown here by any means.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm

In post 1921, Slaxx wrote:Lol you literally said earlier it was a weak role, if I recall, basically unprompted. At that time I told you not to disclose anymore.

As the day progressed, it made more sense for you to claim after Skitter did.

Mastina isn’t obvtown here by any means.
No, because

A) our info isn’t at all helpful like Skitter’s.

B) We are fine with doing that as part of a mass claim.

Mastina said she sent this during the day and receiving the rolechange occurred 3 minutes after TW flip, so it confirms that it indeed was a day action and like I’ve already stated more than once - the rolechange in no way benefits her and therefore, I totally believe that she has no idea what it is.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:00 pm

P.edit. I don’t understand why you’re rolefishing here. Again, for like the gazillionth time, we will reveal it, when we do the mass claim and not a moment sooner.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Why does “it doesn’t benefit her” lead you to “she doesn’t know what it is”?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”