Newbie 1908 [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Nikk »

I'll pop in an intent to hammer here.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Yeah.. do wait for Komodo to claim first. I have no problem with this but we can’t be lynching cop or something.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Nauci »

UNVOTE:

I'll wait until he actually has time to post, now that he's said
something
in thread.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 491, Flavor Leaf wrote:Apparently I play drastically different on each of my accounts, though.
Every time you say this

I imagine that one day we'll unmask Not_Mafia, scooby doo style, and it'll just be you underneath
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Nikk »

Yeah I am giving him and others time, of course.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Nauci »

Nikk, do you have other thoughts on the game?

If Komodo isn't scum, who would your read pivot to?

Can you state why you scum read komodo?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Nauci »

Komoooooooodoooooooo

where aaarre yoooouuuu
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And I’m so sorry
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 2.2
komodo (2)
- flavor leaf, rosterfoster

Not Voting (5)
- nikk, Komodo, pvturist, xwing, nauci

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-01-10 23:00:00)

mod notes:

- xwing is vla on weekends
- :)
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 507, Flavor Leaf wrote:And I’m so sorry
what
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm going to vote Komodo tonight if he doesn't turn up because the game has ground to a halt
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 506, Nauci wrote:Komoooooooodoooooooo

where aaarre yoooouuuu
I cannot sleep. I cannot dream tonight.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 505, Nauci wrote:Nikk, do you have other thoughts on the game?

If Komodo isn't scum, who would your read pivot to?

Can you state why you scum read komodo?
Whole lot of nulls and confusion tbh. I'm holding off to see what Komodo says.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 511, Flavor Leaf wrote:

where aaarre yoooouuuu
I need somebody and always
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Komodo »

where aaarre yoooouuuu
I'm going on a posting spree tonight dw.
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Komodo »

In post 464, Flavor Leaf wrote: It’s probably Komodo based on the wagonomics.
Can you explain this in more detail please? I'm afraid I don't understand how me voting for you with two other townies classifies me as scum?
In post 470, rosterfoster wrote:And Komodo when you return if you can please tell me why in 309 you kept your vote on Null scum (Flavour) rather than Scum (Pvt/Vivit) I would be happy.
Oh lol bc as I was writing it I was at my parents house for the holidays and realized I was about to be late to catch the bus back to my city which is like a 4 hour drive and I knew I wouldn't have the energy to post. That's why the last 5 people ended up just being reads with no reasonings. I knew that if I waited until after the bus I wouldn't feel like finishing it up until the next day. Kinda slipped my mind after writing it though.
In post 469, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 31, Komodo wrote:
In post 28, vivit wrote:Honestly, Salamander's post seem scummier than anybody else's with the counteraccusations. It's natural to get defensive but it's not necessarily natural to counteraccuse. I'll vote
salamander
I agree with Roster. It feels like nooby defense more than anything. I wouldn't think scum would be that defensive off the bat. Not wiping all suspicion on him, but I'm not going to hard push him just yet.
In post 136, Komodo wrote:
In post 135, vivit wrote:What makes you say Munch is a town lean? I'm not getting any scum reads on her, but I'm not getting any town reads either.
I second this question.
In post 163, Komodo wrote:Also I saw the new Spiderman movie and HOT DAMN it was so amazing. One of the few movies that almost made me cry
In post 309, Komodo wrote:
In post 157, vivit wrote:I've been getting scum reads on Jim all game, and with Salamander's more recent posts my suspicions of him have weakened a bit; his posts seem more scrubby than scummy (though that could be exactly what he wants us to think, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now).

VOTE: Jim Hawkins should explain himself or walk the plank.
In post 158, Nauci wrote:
In post 157, vivit wrote:should explain himself
What do you want him to explain
Okay so like, I could honestly see scum!vivit here. I could see a scum slip of someone just blindly following a wagon while adding a "reason", even if the reason doesn't make sense. Yeah, she expanded on it in the next post, but that's some suspicious wording...

That being said

In post 308, xwing wrote:im not comfortable sheeping nauci based on "not crumbling in real time" as a town read..for all we know pvt is already experienced enough not to crumble under pressure..the scum read on nauci slot based on nauci's early posts seems forced to me..
I want to second this as well. Even if she was town, I don't think a pure noob could do everything she did. Regardless if this is her first game here or not, you have to give some appreciation to her skill and not use her skill to justify a read.
In post 307, Munchmellow wrote:@Komodo, nice to see you are back. Could you give us your readlist?
Absolutely!

Flavor Leaf: Null scum. Almost everything he says feels like a response to someone else that doesn't move the game forward. Not to mention that he has 44 posts by now. That doesn't look good for him.
Munchmellow: I get a strong town read here. First off, everything you've said flows together in a stream of thought and comes with mostly solid reasons.
Nauci: Pretty town. She's dropped from my top town read but still up there.
Roster/Xwing: Both rather town.
Sal/Pvt/Vivit: Null scum/scum/scum.

I'll expand more tomorrow. I didn't realize how long this post would take to type and I need to get ready. I have a hot date tonight :D
These are all the times Komodo brought up Vivit. The first time it’s to agree with Roster whilst pushing the same agenda as Vivit, but bringing up Roster as the “mastermind”. I like to call that technique Warlocking. It happens subconsciously a lot of times.

The next time Vivit is brought up it is to emphasize that Komodo seconds a question made my Vivit.

I brought the Spider-Man movie up because like...go see it. It’s fantastic. YOURE MY SUNFLOWER!!!

Komodo starts to turn onto Vivit when suspicion spikes up, however they stay in the neutral zone while going “i could see Vivit as scum, but...” paraphrasing, but yeah.

Komodo then goes on to state multiple scum/null scum reads. I am a null scum, along with Salamander.

Pvt and Vivit are both labeled as Scum and Scum, which is convenient because they were in the 1v1 however their vote was on me.

This is a scum slot.

VOTE: Komodo
Your vote in me can be summed up easily by one post that was rushed. I don't stand by how I wrote the post, but I do stand by the content of it. You're criticizing me for keeping the vote on you, but wouldn't it be better for me as scum to vote for Vivit's opposition instead? Wouldn't it be better for me, as scum, to go after my scumbuddy's opponent? How does it benifit me as scum to keep a vote on a dead wagon? It doesn't. I hate that I'm moving around a lot but there's not that much on me for reasoning to be scum.
In post 482, Nauci wrote:
In post 92, Komodo wrote:
In post 91, Nauci wrote:This is a good batch we have right here

Happy holidays everybody

I'm baking cookies and cooking the rest of the day

But not before doing this VOTE: FLAVOR LEAF
VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Wait really is this honestly the last vote Komodo cast this game
Yeah, I don't like vote hopping that much.
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Post by Komodo »

In post 455, Flavor Leaf wrote:Vivit doesn’t get lynched as my partner yesterday, Roster. I had opportunities to push other wagons, and I’m pretty good at pushing a wagon when I get in the groove of things.
In post 478, Flavor Leaf wrote:That’s kind of my style. I don’t participate much in Day 1’s unless it starts to drag on or I get in some kind of 1v1.
Can we talk about how these two statements literally contradict each other?

Also!
In post 476, Nauci wrote:I'm basically town reading him because I don't think scum flavor would be so apathetic nonchalant
Do not do this! Literally because:
In post 90, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m generally pretty straight forward in newbie games. I like to think I hit all the right marks as an IC. I have pretty strong newbie retention.
In post 98, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 95, Nauci wrote:@Flavor Leaf: Since you play so many newbie games, can you link a couple of town and a couple of scum games you think would represent your play style?
From newbie games? Because I have a drastically different playstyle in newbie games.

I’ve also played in newbie games throughout the past year and a half and have never rolled scum in a newbie.
I mean, you could interpret what he's saying as "I play differently in newbie games than I do in other games", but that answer was in response to "Show me other newbie games you do". He literally contradicted himself in the span of 8 posts. I don't trust this kind of posting, and now that I think about it, his wagon should have been pushed harder. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Komodo
Komodo
Townie
Komodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Post by Komodo »

In post 511, Flavor Leaf wrote:I cannot sleep. I cannot dream tonight.
Bitch me too. The fuck.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:43 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

VOTE: FL I'm convinced.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 515, Komodo wrote:Oh lol bc as I was writing it I was at my parents house for the holidays and realized I was about to be late to catch the bus back to my city which is like a 4 hour drive and I knew I wouldn't have the energy to post. That's why the last 5 people ended up just being reads with no reasonings. I knew that if I waited until after the bus I wouldn't feel like finishing it up until the next day. Kinda slipped my mind after writing it though.
Fair enough.
Your vote in me can be summed up easily by one post that was rushed. I don't stand by how I wrote the post, but I do stand by the content of it. You're criticizing me for keeping the vote on you, but wouldn't it be better for me as scum to vote for Vivit's opposition instead? Wouldn't it be better for me, as scum, to go after my scumbuddy's opponent? How does it benifit me as scum to keep a vote on a dead wagon? It doesn't. I hate that I'm moving around a lot but there's not that much on me for reasoning to be scum.
Well clearly it would be better to for Scum you to vote Salamander or PvtUrist. But since (I assume) you forgot to place your vote then were unable to post for a couple of days, I'm not really sure how this makes you more townie, given the information you gave us above. Out of interest, who would you have voted yesterday if you had remembered?

Flavour is not conf town in my book (like PvtUrist, Nauci, Nikk level), but his more recent posts have felt townie to me for the first time in this game.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:00 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 513, Nikk wrote:
In post 511, Flavor Leaf wrote:

where aaarre yoooouuuu
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 494, PvtUrist wrote:I'll save the juicy stuff for until komodo/his replacement chimes in.
In post 518, PvtUrist wrote:VOTE: FL I'm convinced.
:( Does this mean that you won't be posting the scum case of me after all? I was so looking forward to it.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 515, Komodo wrote:Oh lol bc as I was writing it I was at my parents house for the holidays and realized I was about to be late to catch the bus back to my city which is like a 4 hour drive and I knew I wouldn't have the energy to post. That's why the last 5 people ended up just being reads with no reasonings. I knew that if I waited until after the bus I wouldn't feel like finishing it up until the next day. Kinda slipped my mind after writing it though.
I read this section as the exact same sort of over-explanation that Vivit was doing, tbh
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Nah, I thought that about the next section.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:05 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 515, Komodo wrote:Yeah, I don't like vote hopping that much.
There's vote-hopping, and then there's never voting again after hopping onto a vote I made in a joke post.

The latter is a pretty good indicator of not being able to fake scum-hunting. In combination with the fact that you said you strongly scum read there without even thinking to move your vote, it seems like you weren't sincere about your read.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”