Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 227, the worst wrote:he's made no effort to appear artifically towny or pocket anyone, i get the feeling he was pushing yyotta's slot quite genuinely as well.

his responses wrt playstyle conflicts have been really strong too. like i've thrown a few curly questions at him and i liked the haste & conviction of what he threw back.
isn't this exactly why I was trying to tell you that I townread him like 4 days ago
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 239, the worst wrote:GL why are you still voting Yyotta out of RVS? :( I felt like you had like the starts of some pretty interesting insights when you were here.
it was still the leading wagon IIRC and I didn't want to take it down when I didn't townread the slot

you're right that that vote is doing nothing now though
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 243, YellowSnow wrote:One could also say that you are defending your lurking scum buddy.
SCUMPOST ALERT
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 248, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 247, the worst wrote:@Junko, do you townread Nineja?
I noticed your comment about "good non invasive logic" (sorry if i'm miswording here). do you think that's town indicative & could you talk me thru what about his posts you found towny?
sorry for overquestioning, i'm just not seeing it. i think it's one of those things where it's easy to see his long posts and go "wow he's playing the game" but the more i'm reading them the more i'm just...not seeing a town mindset there...
can we do the opposite? you tell me what screams scum about them? let me be the phicologist for once
TOWNPOST ALERT
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 277, northsidegal wrote:[4] GrandWazoo : computerfan0 87, brassherald 223, YyottaCat 256, JunkoChan 270
I think GW is town and there's highly likely a scum in here, semi likely between computerfan/Yyotta slots given that I'm townreading brass/Junko by play

which means other scum in Nineja/the worst/yellowsnow

my D1 lynch preference is Nineja if we can't get a Yellow wagon going, a little worried that the worst could be scum driving it but ICs usually wind up sorted by night actions or being killed
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

and is a pretty townie casepost

I don't know if I remember actually ever seeing the worst's scumgame so maybe he's capable of tryharding that much thought into it but eh not worth barking up that tree, especially since there's not really time anymore
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay I kinda skimmed over the last couple pages and I know I just posted a bunch of probably useless scattershot hot takes but here's where I'm at

GW is town and it sucks that he claimed. Junko in the future please do not
ever
ask for a claim if you're already on the wagon. Only a player giving intent to hammer should ask for a claim. There are by my count
people who want to lynch GW, not
, and it's very likely scum just got a free VT claim out of a slot we don't wind up lynching.

I'm happy with a Nineja lynch. the worst makes some good points, it's a counterwagon to town, and that slot's been useless
VOTE: Nineja

as for my general game state view, I kinda covered it in but just to lay it out explicitly
town club: {Junko, brass, GrandWazoo}
granted a temporary visit to the town club: {the worst}
who even are you: {Yyotta, Nineja, computerfan}
crafty scum trying to break into the town club: {YellowSnow}

I'll call out some more on YellowSnow in a sec
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

So I already said a few days ago how YellowSnow accusing GrandWazoo of "trying to prey on newer players" was a complete stretch to paint him as scummy, and he never defended himself on this point. Scum's fundamental objective is to make town slots look bad, and that's exactly what this was, there's no genuine townie approach to understanding him and I basically see it as pretty much a straight up lie. Here's the post again:
In post 114, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 113, GrandWazoo wrote:If I had to classify my playstyle it would be impatient and frustrated. This is generally a town trait though not necessarily AI. If I were scum I'd probably be sitting back and twirling my mustache while watching town spin its wheels.
In post 109, YellowSnow wrote:Actually since everyone "knows that they're town" 100% of players are of known.alignments.
I mean from each town players POV. I only know my own alignment. That leaves 8 unknowns. Scum obviously know who's town.

My point is that everyone will say that they are town. You saying you are town says nothing and moves the game nowhere. And your assertation is incorrect and if anything, preys on new players unability to think critically.
how is GrandWazoo
preying
on anybody by saying that from his point of view, he's town and there are 8 unknown alignments D1? Anyone can follow how if he's town then that logically holds, and anyone can also hypothesize that if he's scum then he's lying. There's nobody being mislead here, nobody is being preyed on. YellowSnow just wants to make GW look as bad as possible. That's scumplay.

I thought this townread was unsatisfying and likely fake:
In post 228, YellowSnow wrote:I see nineja as town, if only because there are other players that are scummier.
he had nineja as a townread as early as , if he was full on townreading him earlier in the game then he should have reasons why he thinks nineja is town that are outside of "other players are scummier".
In post 233, YellowSnow wrote:GrandWazoo and Compufan0 is my current scum team.
says this while voting the L-4 wagon instead of the far more active GrandWazoo wagon. It also makes no sense as a team - compufan voted his partner early and then just peaced from the game for the rest of it?
In post 262, YellowSnow wrote:let's just say I am very iffy on GW. Not willing to hammer.
this is coming from a slot that has been shading him and calling him scum the whole day. now he doesn't want to get his hands dirty.
In post 271, YellowSnow wrote:Did you realize that's a lynch?
may be tunneling at this point, but if YellowSnow actually thought we just lynched GrandWazoo, who he claims to be iffy on (despite scumreading him earlier), what's the point of this post? he doesn't want to express any new reads, doesn't want to give any opinions on the lynch that just happened. I don't even know what his current read on JunkoChan is. Feels like a scumpost trying to glean some towncred from what he thought was a mislynch off of a turbohammer
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Your "points" are crap GL, stop trying to throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks. Opinions change in mafia, get used to it.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 am

Post by brassherald »

What's VC on nineja?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 am

Post by the worst »

In post 299, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 181, the worst wrote:VOTE: GuiltyLion
not preferred but I can work with this.
this is a pretty bad vote, on the other hand

you just called me a bad D1 lynch and you were right

so I don't see why you suddenly abandon that to wagon on an experienced player
Wagoning you with days left on the clock over a vanity vote? I'll always swing towards a wagon here. This doesn't mean I'm advocating for powerlynching you. :<

In post 302, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 243, YellowSnow wrote:One could also say that you are defending your lurking scum buddy.
SCUMPOST ALERT
do you think this is a valid scumpost in the newbie queue? I recall having the exact same sentiments towards experienced players defending other slots in my earlier days. I guess I can go see what meta YellowSnow has.

Just caught up and I think your points on yellow are probably alright. I owe it more thought.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 am

Post by the worst »

Nineja (3) ~ tw, gw, gl

ironically his entire scum PoE is voting him. I guess it checks out that slots he's positioning are willing to vote him.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:14 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 292, brassherald wrote:
@mod If nineja and Guilty Lion both get replaced out since they were prodded already and have not posted, do we get a time extension? I do not remember the newbie rules and cannot be bothered to read them
I will be giving a 48 hour extension if another replacement is necessary.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 am

Post by brassherald »

Okay, it looks like a GW lynch is not happening, just being pragmatic, I think YellowSnow would be a very acceptable lynch, and I do think that Nineja lynch could hit as well at this point, there have been good arguments made about Nineja.

VOTE: Nineja

L-1 here. Not sold on it, but I think this is the only realistic lynch occurring today.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:31 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I'm not sold on this one either, anyway not hammering or changing my vote until Nineja comes back

also @YyattoCat care to actually answer?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:32 am

Post by brassherald »

Quickhammering right now is a scum claim, by the way.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:40 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 315, brassherald wrote:Quickhammering right now is a scum claim, by the way.
ANd you say that because? (the reasoning is correct) but... why?

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:42 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 316, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 315, brassherald wrote:Quickhammering right now is a scum claim, by the way.
ANd you say that because? (the reasoning is correct) but... why?
PRs exist.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:46 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 317, brassherald wrote:
In post 316, JunkoChan wrote:PRs exist.
Ok

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Searching for a replacement for Nineja.

The deadline will be paused at 1 day, 11 hours until a replacement is found, whereupon I will add 48 hours to the deadline.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Junk replaces Nineja. New deadline as soon as I get back to a computer.

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by the worst »

heya junk

you town?
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Junk »

Hello
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Junk »

In post 321, the worst wrote:heya junk

you town?
Yep

I just saw I'm 1 vote away from getting lynched

Do you guys want me to claim?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by brassherald »

Quick replace.

Junk and Junko? This is so hard.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”