Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 295, TTTT wrote:MaryJo if you are town
and I think you prob are
can you stop acting scummy plz
thx
How can a town-aligned player make a post like #191?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 300, Elements wrote:
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:This might be my inexperience talking, but does this sound like a cop or something? Or is he just talking about the night kill or the lynch?
couple of things:
1) try as much as possible not to disscuss power roles at all day one. It's the same concept behind not claiming VT straight away. It gives mafia more idea as to who the PRs are and therefore who they should kill. The only rlly acceptable time is if you're going to get lynched.
2) i highly doubt whatever TTTT is waiting for is lynch related or night action related purely because of how the original post was phrased. "later" implies this day phase and if not, that is possibly the most scummy play i've ever seen.
My guess is they're waiting for someone to post something to do with reads or maybe a reaction from a less active player or even anything from the DR slot.

I did a similar thing with my vote on skitter. The original reason i was going to vote them was to see if MJL followed my vote. (which she did)
@MJL if you could explain why that would be much appreciated.
but I didnt want to put something like "ill explain later" and then sit around waiting so i re read salami and skitter's ISO's and found acctual reason to change my vote which is what it became.
Probably not a good idea to speculate on behalf of someone you have as a townread?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 am

Post by northsidegal »

VC 1.10

votes
[3] MaryJoLisa2
:
BBmolla , NotMySpamAccount , cbynumber
[2] skitter30
:
Elements , MaryJoLisa2
[2] Dick Richards
:
skitter30 , TTTT
[1] TTTT
:
Salami

[1] Not Voting
:
Dick Richards

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-10 15:56:59)

Mod Notes
: skitter30 is V/LA until Tuesday the 5th.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 am

Post by cbynumber »

In post 306, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 303, Elements wrote:It's such a blasé reaction, almost to a point of not caring about the game. I rlly don't know what to make of it
I'm legitimately starting to have some difficulty with the length of the day phase and the inability to make progress. I'd like my side to win, but as I said in a previous post, we're going nowhere and scum is actively collaborating against us and gathering information on our weaknesses. We're just spinning our wheels and feeding info to scum. Scum has a higher chance of hitting a more valuable target during the nightkill with each post that is made. Elements, I'm not sure why you think we should continue on this path of dragging the day phase out.

I think our best chance to win is to take the hit and let town reevaluate the past conversations in light of the new information that will come from the lynch and night kill.
I don't want to start a discussion on powerroles, so I'll just point out that mafia already have the information advantage, 'dragging the day out' works to town's benefit, especially given we still have DR/Tall1s slot who still hasn't posted yet.

That said, this post and #297 are making me doubt my read on you.
I just can't see how someone with a townie mentality makes a slip like #191?
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:57 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 328, cbynumber wrote: That said, this post and #297 are making me doubt my read on you.
I just can't see how someone with a townie mentality makes a slip like #191?
It's a newbie game and I am a newbie. I made an error and I acknowledged the error. It's my first game here.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I promised justification on my vote toward Skitter, so here it is:

Skitter is our ic and as such, it’s her responsibility to keep the game moving and answer questions. She’s done a good job of that, but I don’t see her actually doing any scum hunting herself. She’s covered a little for Spam and she’s covered a little for Salami. I haven’t noticed her covering for me. I’m a newbie and there’s a 7/9 chance I’m town just like the rest of us. Salami and Spam can’t both be scum if she’s also scum, but I see a difference in the way she handles us. She's perhaps overly critical of Elements when TTTT and I were both picking up on the same thing from Spam. Maybe that’s just because I’m coming at it from within my own headspace, but I see a difference in the way she's handling us.

Skitter is not actually offering defenses and doing any scum hunting. She’s turning the tables and asking questions back to various accusers regardless of where their fingers are pointed. She defended Salami and Spam, possibly distancing herself from being seen as jumping on town wagons and her criticism of Elements in particular gives her cover if he is her scum partner. I’m not saying he is, btw. I initially took her behavior to be part of her role as ic, but now I think it's a strategy.

Post #55
She should know very well why that reeks of scumminess. It was beyond LAMIST and Spam was rightly called to account for his actions. In this post, I dismissed her actions as being ic. I presumed that she was trying to prod us into thinking things through, but I read the IC guide on the wiki page and it instructs ic’s to be present and helpful (which she has been), but it says not to keep kid gloves on. I'm now operating with the expectation that her kid-gloves have been off from the beginning.

Post #73
The push was definitely not bad and it was not based on Spam’s choice of username. The push was based entirely on his behavior in the game. I’m not sure how she could have missed this, but we can see from post 55 to 73 that she has read it and understood our protests. Why the cover for Spam?

Post #101 Now she's acknowledging that Spam’s post “god-awful”, just not in a scummy way. Well what is it exactly then? It feels like she's prodding us to think things out but she's an experienced player in the game so if she's town, a little direction might have been helpful.

As I get to posts #251 and #252 , it’s becoming increasingly clear to me that Skitter’s entire strategy seems to be making us second guess ourselves rather than put forth an earnest effort of scum-hunting.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 318, TTTT wrote:
In post 316, Salami wrote:TTTT: Well I'm getting increasingly scummy vibes from you, you hopped onto my wagon, said you'd explain later then didn't which tends to be a scumtell from games I've seen.
what else looks scummy besides me jumping on your wagon without explanation?
You just hopped onto the Dick Richards wagon when the slot is completely inactive, it's a scummy pointless vote
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by TTTT »

I voted dick after you said "increasingly scummy vibes"
so what did you think was scummy other than "pocketing maryjo"?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 325, cbynumber wrote:
In post 295, TTTT wrote:MaryJo if you are town
and I think you prob are
can you stop acting scummy plz
thx
How can a town-aligned player make a post like #191?
most "scumslips" come from town
and it's not the first mistake she's made
her loose unfiltered posting style is one reason I think she's likely town
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by TTTT »

@Salami - plz explain why my Dick vote is pointless
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 324, cbynumber wrote: [cut]
While you're pushing MaryJo for some reads, how about providing some of yours?
Specifically, I'm interested in your thoughts on skitter, TTTT and BBmolla.
I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
TTTT is a bit scummy, but he says that's his playstyle. After the explanation (finally) of his vote earlier, I'm leaning town, but only slightly. Not sure what it is, but something just doesn't sit right, so he's close to null.
BBmolla appears to be scumhunting, so he's probablly town to me.
Salami wrote:[cut]
You just hopped onto the Dick
[cut]
I'm too immature for the internet.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

Salami and Dick.

Really should have made my account name Fish Tacos
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Salami »

lol
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 334, TTTT wrote:@Salami - plz explain why my Dick vote is pointless
What is your motivation for doing it? The slot isn't active so won't respond and there is no information to say if it is scum or town yet
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 336, MaryJoLisa wrote:Salami and Dick.

Really should have made my account name Fish Tacos
I did not see this coming.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 324, cbynumber wrote: [cut]
While you're pushing MaryJo for some reads, how about providing some of yours?
Specifically, I'm interested in your thoughts on skitter, TTTT and BBmolla.
I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
TTTT is a bit scummy, but he says that's his playstyle. After the explanation (finally) of his vote earlier, I'm leaning town, but only slightly. Not sure what it is, but something just doesn't sit right, so he's close to null.
BBmolla appears to be scumhunting, so he's probablly town to me.
Cool.

Will post detailed thoughts tonight once I'm home from work. Hopefully by then DR will have posted something, anything. (I'll settle for even a 'hi' at this point).
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
Why only a slight scum lean? you say she hasn't given much to push the day forward despite being fairly active, surely this is more than just slight scum?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 338, Salami wrote:
In post 334, TTTT wrote:@Salami - plz explain why my Dick vote is pointless
What is your motivation for doing it? The slot isn't active so won't respond and there is no information to say if it is scum or town yet
your mistake is thinking votes are only used to get information from the player being voted
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Elements »

^ town
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 341, Elements wrote:
In post 335, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I'm still not sure what to make of skitter, she hasn't posted much outside of ic help. The lack of solid info is giving me a slight scumlean, but I'm sure the read will develop more soon.
Why only a slight scum lean? you say she hasn't given much to push the day forward despite being fairly active, surely this is more than just slight scum?
Spoiler for my later detailed thoughts: it's because they're probably scumbuddies.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

UNVOTE: MaryJo1
VOTE: skitters
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by TTTT »

the skitters wagon is townie AF
and I have a feeling I may be joining it later
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 344, cbynumber wrote:
Spoiler for my later detailed thoughts: it's because they're probably scumbuddies.
You spoiled my big reveal. We are now bitter enemies.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 277, skitter30 wrote:Ok, why do you think that makes me latching onto something i know isnt there?

And i also basically called your salami push garbage, except more eloquently. Do you also think i dont have a decent explanation?
@maryjolisa can you answer these please?

==
In post 287, cbynumber wrote:It does feel fake to me, I think it has to do with just how quickly Maryjo gave up after getting called out. I mean, she didn't even try to pretend like that scumslip wasn't intentional.
i don't understand why it's a scumslip tbh
she's been scummy in quite a lot of ways, i don't think that is one of them

==
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:This might be my inexperience talking, but does this sound like a cop or something? Or is he just talking about the night kill or the lynch?
no, i think he means that something would happen or someone would say something that would justify/shed light on his salami vote; i don't think it has anything to do with night actions
(also it's not such a great idea to speculate about what cops may be planning on doing or to point out if you think you see a cop softing - if tttt really is a cop here and you noticed him softing/crumbing, suppose scum hadn't seen him soft - now you've spelled it out for them and they know who to kill tonight)

==
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:That kinda fleshes out what I was starting to think about her reaction, just total apathy towards her own imminent death.
yeah so i think the apathy is kinda lamist-y in a scummy kinda way, ngl

==
In post 306, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think our best chance to win i
s to take the hit
and let town reevaluate the past conversations in light of the new information that will come from the lynch and night kill.
are you saying that you think that lynching you soonish and curtailing discussion would put town in the best position going forward?
or am i misunderstanding this? (ie that you think *a* lynch should happen soon, but not one on you?)

==
In post 315, BBmolla wrote:I’m still content with a Mary lynch.

I could live with a skitter lynch too. I’m not getting any sort of townvibes.
what is scum doing rn in your opinion? (ie where are they voting? are they voting? do they like these wagons?)

==
In post 316, Salami wrote:BBmolla: He prefers brevity but I don't get much particular scum vibes from him. #282, #18 and #178 feel like town posts to me.
what do you think of ?

==

never mind, tttt is prob town; his salami vote is fine
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 348, skitter30 wrote:==

In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
This might be my inexperience talking, but does this sound like a cop or something? Or is he just talking about the night kill or the lynch?

no, i think he means that something would happen or someone would say something that would justify/shed light on his salami vote; i don't think it has anything to do with night actions
(also it's not such a great idea to speculate about what cops may be planning on doing or to point out if you think you see a cop softing - if tttt really is a cop here and you noticed him softing/crumbing, suppose scum hadn't seen him soft - now you've spelled it out for them and they know who to kill tonight)
why bring this back up after multiple people have covered it? you did a similar thing in your previous wall post, bring up something that had been discussed and resolved. It seems unnecessary.
In post 296, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
That kinda fleshes out what I was starting to think about her reaction, just total apathy towards her own imminent death.

yeah so i think the apathy is kinda lamist-y in a scummy kinda way, ngl
what changed your mind on this?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”