dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:35 am

Post by dcorbe »

jtdyer wrote:
The Seawolf Bandit wrote:
Vote: Max
because this bandwagon looks like fun = ).
There is only one vote on Max, so there isn't a bandwagon that could be fun. Do you mean that starting a bandwagon would be fun?
Mafioso trying to get ahead of the game and start a bandwagon?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:38 am

Post by dcorbe »

Unvote: Avinyl

Vote: The Seawolf Bandit

:)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Unvote

Vote farside22
for being replaced in Open 60
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by dcorbe »

I think everyone should vote at least 5 times on day 1 :)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Mon May 19, 2008 10:39 am

Post by dcorbe »

jtdyer wrote:Dude, dcorbe, you've switched your vote around so many times. Whats with all the moving around?
First-day randomness?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:05 am

Post by dcorbe »

Nobody has really said anything of substance yet, besides the fact that a couple people have pointed out that I basically randomly targeted 4 different people on page 1.

The whole point (in my n00bish opinion) is to stir up some conversation and to prod people to see how they react.
farsid22 wrote:I say we should vote those not trying to promote activity.

unvote:
vote: alvinz95
In all seriousness, I would like to figure out a good lynching target for day 1. In the absence of real substantive conversation, what's the appropriate action to take? Lynch the lurkers?

Unvote
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 am

Post by dcorbe »

We're going nowhere, fast.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #8) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:16 am

Post by dcorbe »

Mod,

It's been almost 24 hours since the last post. Can we put a time limit on the day please?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #9) » Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Sorry,

but nowhere did I imply that I wanted a no-lynch. That's very counter-productive for the town. I didn't know that I could ask the mod to prod everyone. It was a rookie mistake on my part.

This thread has ground to a complete halt. Some of the other games I recently joined are well into their 5th and 6th pages by now.

I'm just trying to spur discussion.

-Daniel
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Fri May 23, 2008 11:24 am

Post by dcorbe »

jtdyer wrote:
Vote: dcorbe
. Sorry dude, your explanation seemed lacking to me. Randomness isn't a bad idea, but switching between all these people to get them to post, when some of them are posting, doesn't make the most sense.
That's just it though, nobody is posting. If the only feeler you've got on me is that I keep changing my vote, or that I went from lurking to being an active poster, I'll just go back to lurking and allow myself to be lynched.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #11) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Claim: Townie

But it almost doesn't mater what I claim at this point. I learned that last game
*wink at armix*

I really was just scum hunting. I hope that when I get lynched you guys will start to look at those who pushed my wagon.

Farewell!
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #12) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Avinyl was on the wagon first, jtdyer and farside22 quickly followed, perhaps interested in a quick lynch there, scum?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Mon May 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by dcorbe »

In post 22 where farside says: "I say we should vote those not trying to promote activity." sounds a little like scum not trying to sound like scum to me. Nothing around that post seems to warrant her saying that.

Vote: farside22
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #14) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:Just wondering, why is this game called 2 of 4 when there are only 3 possible power roles?
It's a borg designation, not a gameplay style.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #15) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:06 am

Post by dcorbe »

Avinyl wrote:
Vote: dcorbe
. He still hasn't explained the contradiction in posts 8 and 14.
There's not much for me to explain there.

Post 8 was a random vote with a lame excuse (bandwagoning, meaning I was bandwagoning)

Post 14 was me simply trying to get a reaction by calling another user on their bandwagoning -- if you could call it that at all. When that really didn't work I decided not to stick with it.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #16) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 am

Post by dcorbe »

Max wrote:What I have is purely gut feeling, but my gut feeling is right most of the time. I wouldn't be willing to lynch yet, but when I find out what it is I find scummy I'll tell you. Farside was oddly protective of avinyl, but he did not consider he might be scum, it is quite revealing, is he scum protecting an innocent townie?
Dcorbe, Does anyone actually care about a contradiction in the first page of the game? No, but what we do care about is why didn't you "stick with it"
jtdyer, has said nothing of concequence. I think he isn't mafia
Seriously, if I were pushing a wagon for no reason that would give everyone an excuse to FoS me and push my wagon faster. If I can't come up with a good reason to push someone's wagon, I'm not going to force myself to come up with a bad one.

You're the one who hops around from wagon-to-wagon so much with little if any reason at all to do so, and your attempts to assign reason to your actions are starting to sound like straw-grasping to me.

For example, you're calling me out right now on something completely stupid and irrelevant.

Your attempts to grasp on to the smallest and most insignificant details makes you look pretty scummy.

FoS: Max
for the reasons listed above
FoS: avinyl
because max seems to puish avinyl's wagons so readily
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:By not voting him, if he turns up town, you distance yourself from the blame.

Also, claim please and
Unvote
so no one hammers before this occurs.

Also, self voting is 100% anti-town. Just saying.
Already claimed. Not unvoting myself. I have nothing else to say to you.
If you are that frustrated with the game, would you mind asking for replacement rather than going about your current course of action?
I'm frustrated with you. Get it right. I'm also not putting so poor person in my place to answer stupid questions that don't make you happy.
That's not very fair to whichever team you're a part of, mafia or scum. If you want to "take your ball and go home" that's fine, but don't put other people playing this game in that position.

It's not a very nice thing to do.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:28 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
Vote Farside

Also, no previous suspicion of max stated. Wagon much?
I think she had her vote on Max already before she unvoted and voted herself.

I'm sure if you go back far enough in the thread she at one point made a pretty small case against.

-Daniel
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:34 am

Post by dcorbe »

Post 109 for example.

Disclaimer: I'm not defending farside's actions, but I don't think we should lynch someone for ridiculous reasons.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:I understand that it looks scummy to throw what you all feel is a tantrum, but I really am annoyed with Armix play and reach of my words and misinterpurting them. I'm more annoyed on top of it because people are just voting and listening to him when he is just I find you scummy because you jumped off a scummy wagon. Then throw WIFOM logic that no one can defend without more WIFOM logic.
@Armix: I want to know have you ever actually pegged one person day one and been right, because the games I'ved played with you thus far you have not.
Threatening to abandon your role because someone is being a little too aggressive is a temper tantrum any way you look at it and temper tantrums are a scum tell. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here though because I just got lynched in a different game for a similar reason.

Why don't you try telling us why you think Armix has you wrong and what about his responses are twisted and distorted versions of your statements?

If you can satisfy some or most of the points or refute the majority of what Armix has claimed and he continues to push your wagon he's going to start to look very scummy instead of you.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by dcorbe »

What does WIFOM mean?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by dcorbe »

I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: Max
because everything you've posted so far has been mostly 1-liners not much in the way of useful responses.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:56 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Grimmy wrote:Why did armlx say he supports a max lynch, but not vote for him?
Max is at L-1 and I believe he is waiting for a claim at this point which would be a good thing for Max to do
Who is on the max wagon right now?
@Mod
: Can we get a vote count?

I've seen only a couple of useful posts out of max. Most of the content of his posts seem to be things like:
Max wrote:Grimmy, you really think I am scum with Farside... What are you on. I want some!!!
Your lack of participation makes you look scummy on top of everything else, so why shouldn't we drop the hammer?

@Town: it's not safe to leave him at L-1 until he claims. All it takes is one over zealous person to drop the hammer.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:58 am

Post by dcorbe »

I'd also like to hear if anyone has anything positive to say about max. Speak up now or forever hold your piece
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:54 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
dcorbe wrote:I'd also like to hear if anyone has anything positive to say about max. Speak up now or forever hold your piece
How about we wait for a claim before we do anything rash.
If you read my posts before the one you quoted, you'll see I said the same exact thing.

And it's dangerous to leave Max at L-1 before a claim so I'm going to
Unvote
for now.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 am

Post by dcorbe »

Oh, and BTW he apparently has been sitting at L-1 for a while and nobody has rushed to hit the hammer yet, which tells me the scum is already on the Max wagon. All the more reason to listen to what he has to say.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am

Post by dcorbe »

Avinyl wrote:
I don't think the fact that Max hasn't been hammered yet suggests that scum are on the wagon already, as lynching Max without a claim now would be incredibly suspicious.
Point taken.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Grimmy wrote:
dcorbe wrote:I'd also like to hear if anyone has anything positive to say about max. Speak up now or forever hold your piece
Grimmy wrote:
But Im still not gonna be the one who drops the hammer. I would also like to see his defense.

as for the scum being on the wagon already, there is a chance the scum are people who havent even responded yet since Max hit l-1

Check also for who hasnt posted since the latest vote(s)

Grimmy
doing a quick check in
There's no hammer to drop right now. He's at L-2. I unvoted because leaving him at L-1 before a claim would be counter productive.

He hasn't posted for more than 36 hours; though, so I'm starting to get the feeling that he's intentionally lurking to drag this out hoping that some of us will lose interest.

Or maybe he just got frustrated and quit.

@mod: Prod, please? KTHNX
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:49 am

Post by dcorbe »

Well there you have it folks. A claim with absolutely no explanation. Indicative of his posting style anyways.

@Max: Part of the point of getting you to claim was to explain to us why we shouldn't lynch you.

Confirm Vote: Max

We're barely 9 pages into D1 here so there's a good chance we're wrong, but if he's simply not going to mount a defense here, I wouldn't blame someone for dropping the hammer.

-Daniel
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:09 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Grimmy wrote:My list of suspects consist of those who voted for MAX's lynch. But because max was...well...Max...it is not nearly enough to cast a vote.

Ill reread and come up with a suspect later

Grimmy
we are down by 2 now...dammit
I dislike when people make this comment. Look at everyone who voted against max because he was town. Oh look I didn't vote I'm a good guy for not voting him.
FOS Grimmy

I need to do a read through before I vote.
Agreed. Max was acting very scummy. His wagon won't tell us much about alignment.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:19 am

Post by dcorbe »

@ShadowGirl: You sure are joining a lot of games :)

At any rate, welcome!
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:I'm trying to figure out who would have killed Mr. Blonde in this scenario

Not liking that last Grimmy post, on top of what farside said there the "oh no, 2 dead townies" thing.
Rereading that guy is going to be tough because he never quoted posts with names in them, just quoted the posts themselves.

Anyone who would want him killed off on N1 would be someone who he was either A) pushing on or B) refuting regularly. I don't know who that would be at this point, but I do find this to be a bit suspicious:
Avinyl wrote: Vote: Mr. Blonde. He feels decidedly odd to me. Several of his posts are just posts telling us that he is here, and I feel that he is trying harder to look protown than he is trying to be protown
Most of Blonde's posts up until that point did actually contain some useful analysis. You would think Avinyl could have found a better reason to vote for Blonde.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #33) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
armlx wrote:I'm trying to figure out who would have killed Mr. Blonde in this scenario

Not liking that last Grimmy post, on top of what farside said there the "oh no, 2 dead townies" thing.
Rereading that guy is going to be tough because he never quoted posts with names in them, just quoted the posts themselves.

Anyone who would want him killed off on N1 would be someone who he was either A) pushing on or B) refuting regularly. I don't know who that would be at this point, but I do find this to be a bit suspicious:
Avinyl wrote: Vote: Mr. Blonde. He feels decidedly odd to me. Several of his posts are just posts telling us that he is here, and I feel that he is trying harder to look protown than he is trying to be protown
Most of Blonde's posts up until that point did actually contain some useful analysis. You would think Avinyl could have found a better reason to vote for Blonde.
Not to give all my trade secrets but not everyone who dies at night died because of what they say. Some scum kill those who aren't suspicious. I wouldn't say Mr. Blonde was a great choice (usually a more pro town player is targeted) so I suspect someone who hasn't played as much mafia if I were to pick anyone as scum.
It's actually good advice. Do you mind entertaining a question from me on that basis?

What you just said seems to go along with my thoughts on the situation. I was getting pro-town vibes from Blonde and I don't think I'd be alone in saying that. Since he was so pro-town looking (to me) I figured the scum was someone he interacted with that said he specifically looked anti-town.

I didn't intentionally link Avinyl to that because as I indicated its hard at this point to tell who Blonde was talking to because he never quoted names in his posts.

Am I still jumping to the wrong conclusion?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by dcorbe »

I can't believe it's been 5 days since I posted.

There's not much of anything to go on since day 2 started, but I don't like these alignment lists that everyone is putting together, and here's why:

Max's lynch was totally unproductive. There's next to nothing to go on because he was oozing scum tells. The list of people who were on Max's wagon and the order in which they joined are totally irrelevant to scum hunting and I think at this point anyone who would even attempt to link someone to the mob using Max's lynch is reaching for a case.

Therefore,

Vote: Grimmy

Grimmy wrote: My list of suspects consist of those who voted for MAX's lynch. But because max was...well...Max...it is not nearly enough to cast a vote.

Ill reread and come up with a suspect later
I don't know what you're going to be able to come up with. Obviously nothing, because you've promised us a PBPA at least twice now.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by dcorbe »

@Mod: Can we get some prods for the people who haven't posted since your last vote count?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 am

Post by dcorbe »

@Grimmy: thanks for the PBPA. I didn't necessarily oppose a max lynch, but I did have some reservations about it. When this game is over I'm going to link to it in the future as a meta on why lynching someone for lack of useful contributions is a bad thing. In hindsight max was trying. He wasn't really helping the town but he wasn't hurting it either.

Hindsight is always 20/20 though. At least I learned not to be so quick to condem someone for play style tells.

You've accused me of following the town around. For what it's worth, I'm going to stick by the notion that Max's lynch isn't going to give us anything useful to go on. Do you still think you can link scum tells to his lynch? If so: who and why?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by dcorbe »

ShadowGirl wrote:I seem to be forgetting which threads I need to reread and which I've already done so. o_o;

My third would be alvinz then.
If you're in too many games it might help a little for you to keep a little note book by your computer with a few pages in it set aside for each game that you can reference, keep point logs and vote counts in, etc.

It has helped me out a good deal.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

ShadowGirl wrote:And I agree that alvinz needs to post more. Saying that you're here doesn't help the town.
You've also posted to avoid being prodded. If it's a scum tell for alvinz, should it be a scum tell for you as well?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by dcorbe »

THERE IS MY PRETTY USELESS ANALYSIS OF ARMLX WHICH I LITERALLY GOT NOTHING.

So why did you post the PBPA if you got nothing from it? It's just a waste of space and it means things are going to get lost in the signal:noise ratio later. You're simply trying to look like you're contributing usefully to avoid being called out by the rest of us and you're posting "hey I'm here guys" messages to avoid being prodded by the mod.

All in all I think those that have mentioned the fact that you're actively trying to lay low in this game are 100% on the mark.

FoS: alvinz95
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:01 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:2) I assume you more likely scum then dcorbe, but it was dcorbe's defense of you against alvinz that clicked my brain. After the way you kept on saying how scummy he was then saying it wasn't worth it 2 pages later also clicked my brain.
It wasn't running defense on armix, I was running offesne on alvinz for a completely useless post, because it seems like he's playing to stay alive and not doing any real scum hunting but rather making himself look busy here.

We'll see what his replacement has to say.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
@farside/armix – I have a game where dcorbe flipped scum that I can point you at, but it is still in progress
I do as well, though its probably a flawed example as he replaced in at L-1 late game (TinVision's new C9). However, what I also have is a game where a lynched Dcorbe flipped town with similar behavior (ongoing), which sorta nullifies his actions.
I know which games you and LlamaFluff are talking about and I've taken lessons away from both of them. This is the first official game I ever joined and it even got started before my newbie game did, so I made a hell of a lot of mistakes here early on.

If you guys want to lynch me for those mistakes, then I probably deserve it, meta reads aside.

I have preached in other running games that meta reads are a horrible way to build a case on someone and I still believe that. By that notion, inverse is also true: meta defenses don't amount to shit.

The point of lynching someone on policy, because of their behavior or because they're just plain stupid is to correct that behavior and hopefully turn him or her into a more effective player in the future.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:07 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
I have preached in other running games that meta reads are a horrible way to build a case on someone and I still believe that. By that notion, inverse is also true: meta defenses don't amount to shit.
Why?
I went on to explain why if you would have kept reading.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:20 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:My problem is that alvinz tried to make a case. I think dcorbe attack on him was shaddy at best. It was obvious that alvinz was a newb trying to work things out.
My
suspects are still
Armix (1)
dcorbe (2)
Shadowgirl (3)
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.

This goes back in part to my comments on metas. If a meta defense doesn't hold up then a clueless noob defense shouldn't hold up either. At any rate you don't seem to cutting me the same slack as you're cutting alivnz and he's been a member of the site a lot longer than I have.

I've seen people on MS who have signed up aftrer alvinz who seem to have a much better grip on the game; however, since replacing in LlamaFluff has done a much better job at holding up his role than alvinz has so I'm going to reserve judgement until later.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:25 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Did you read the quote that alivnz found? What were your thoughts and why did you think it was bad?
I think post 250 pretty well sums up my position on the matter.

Also:
dcorbe wrote:since replacing in LlamaFluff has done a much better job at holding up his role than alvinz has so I'm going to reserve judgement until later.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:You both voted for Grimmy at one point. Why is grimmy more scummy or alvinz scummy the Shadow or Armix. Do you think Armix hammer was scummy?
I don't like Grimmy in general. Mostly because he likes to take pot shots at me in most of the games we're in together, but I'm trying not to let it effect my opinion of his alignment. It at minimum owe him a reread in this game.

I want SG to be a little more active. She's awake enough to be a little more helpful so I wouldn't mind wagoning her a bit until she shows some more interest in us.

Armix did the right thing. He waited for a claim and he dropped the hammer in a calculated manner. I don't think he's scummy at all for doing so. Not one thing that max did the entire game was helpful and as I indicated earlier I don't think much of anything can be analyzed out of his interactions with anyone.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:26 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:I will be the first to admit Max did nothing to help. I've seen Armix hold back on hammers and I've seen him hammer without question. I don't know something about this just seemed off.
One of your favorite things to do is is remark about how odd everything seems to you. Why was his hammer so odd? Please explain.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:53 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:Why does dcorbe comment me and Armix follow?
Okay I don't think a discussion was over by any means. In fact looking at today do we have anything to go off of do to Armix lynch? Has Armix been helpful to this point in scum hunting?
If you two are not scum partners your echoing and helping is not in the best interest of this discussion.
What else do you think could have come out of keeping max alive longer? Please explain to the rest of the class how having a unanimous decision on a lynch could have possibly yielded anything useful by keeping him alive longer

I think you and Grimmy focusing on the circumstances surrounding Max's lynch is very scummy.

I'm happy with my vote on grimmy for today, and when he flips scum you're next to the gallows tomorrow.

If for some reason someone decides to start wagoning you, I'd probably hop right on.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
Don't tell me you are lining up lynches. Haven't you learned that is scummy?
Conversation is good. Looking for possible scum partners if Max had flipped scum. Do you see a lot of conversation taking place today?
He didn't flip scum, so I don't know how you expect to find the scum partner of someone who didn't flip scum. All you're doing is misleading us.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by dcorbe »

since Grimmy iis MIA I'll go ahead and
Unvote

Vote: Farside22
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farscum22 wrote: That is not the point.

Starts pounding head on desk

did you purposely misunderstand my point or are you dense?
Well why don't you explain your point to us retards?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
farside22 wrote:Why does dcorbe comment me and Armix follow?
Okay I don't think a discussion was over by any means. In fact looking at today do we have anything to go off of do to Armix lynch? Has Armix been helpful to this point in scum hunting?
If you two are not scum partners your echoing and helping is not in the best interest of this discussion.
What else do you think could have come out of keeping max alive longer? Please explain to the rest of the class how having a unanimous decision on a lynch could have possibly yielded anything useful by keeping him alive longer

I think you and Grimmy focusing on the circumstances surrounding Max's lynch is very scummy.

I'm happy with my vote on grimmy for today, and when he flips scum you're next to the gallows tomorrow.

If for some reason someone decides to start wagoning you, I'd probably hop right on.
In bold you asked me what it could have unfolded. I explain a possiblity. What part of that do you not understand?
I don't understand why you seem to be searching for Max's scum partner in hindsight. You haven't sufficiently explained why Max's lynch is a focus or a topic of conversation right now other than to derail any legitimate attempts at scum hunting.

Understanding of course that there's nobody in this game actually posting right now. We need a few prods to go out.

I'm all for productive conversation but really this is a totally unproductive subject. It amounts to idle chit chat.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farscum22 wrote:
Pinches nose

I stated that Armix hammer was off. You asked why and what it served. I stated why and what could have been learned from a bit of conversation before a quick hammer. I am not reaching or leaping to any conclusions. I saying how it could have helped. Now that I've explained myself you leap to vote against me and then call the conversation a waste of time.
Knowing you are very defensive about your own lynch I don't understand why you would be fighting me about Armix unless you were scum buddies at this point.

FOS: Dcorbe

MOD: Can we get some prods
I know what transpired. I don't need you to recap it for me like I'm 12. I've asked this question 3 different ways so far and I don't know how to make it any clearer to you than this. You're being purposefully evasive.

HOW ON D2 DOES ANALYZING A UNANIMOUS LYNCH ON D1 PROVIDE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION

I can list several reasons why it doesn't along with several reasons you should by lynched right now.

1) It doesn't because the decision was unanimous. Sure, there was probably scum on that wagon but how can we tell?

2) Your little temper tantrum on D1 is what scum do when they get mad because they've been busted for stupid reasons.

3) You blast me for jumping on avlinz excusing his behavior as noobish behavior, yet you jump on me for committing some mistakes as well.

4) You like to comment on how bad my attitude is and then talk down to me like I'm 12 years old or that I don't grasp basic concepts.

5) You're being purposely evasive with my questions.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by dcorbe »

6) You just FoSed me because voting for me right now would amount to OMGUS
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farscum22 wrote: Knowing you are very defensive about your own lynch I don't understand why you would be fighting me about Armix unless you were scum buddies at this point.
If you're so convinced I'm scum buddies with Armix why FoS me instead of voting for me?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by dcorbe »

@farside22:
HOW ON D2 DOES ANALYZING A UNANIMOUS LYNCH ON D1 PROVIDE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION

All you have to do is answer that question. I don't understand why it's so difficult for you to answer that question.
farscum22 wrote: No everyone was voting against max. It takes 7 to lynch
Nobody spoke out in Max's defense, and who is going to vote after hammer anyways? Why? To prove a point?

That's why I sit here and say that the lynch was unanimous.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:By the way looking at who voted max is never a bad thing as sometimes voting town and driving a BW is what scum's live for.
There are many pro-town reasons to drive wagons too. In this case it's a null tell.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #57) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by dcorbe »

EBWOP: It's a null tell in this particular case due to the unanimity of the wagon.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by dcorbe »

I would like us to focus on something other than the max wagon mostly because we're going to tie ourselves up into WIOFMy knots trying to figure out anything from it.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:46 am

Post by dcorbe »

LlamaFluff wrote:The fact that dcorbe and SG both seem to want to ignore the history of this wagon is disturbing for me. There is information there, and going back and looking at it may lead you to a suspect that you previously had ignored, or strengthen a case against a top scum pick.
Nobody has been able to answer this question so far, so let's try this again with you:

What can be learned of relationships and scum tells from a wagon that was unanimous?

I would much rather spend some time mining for NEW information to go on, because anything at all that could come out of analyzing the max wagon is merely circumstantial evidence and it's going to lead us to another mis-lynch.

What's the best way to get information? Wagon someone.

That's why I'm
A) Clinging to weak scum tells
B) Dismissing the max wagon
C) attacking anyone who is trying to draw conclusions form his mislynch, which is now farside, grimmy and you, floating up to the top of my scum list.
LlamaFluff wrote: Also, please tell me

dcorbe wrote:
since Grimmy iis MIA I'll go ahead and Unvote
Vote: Farside22

is a joke

If grimmy came back today would you be voting him? What has farside done to pass him in suspicious behavior?
It's not a joke, and I think farside is now more suspicious than Grimmy only because she's questioning Armix's hammer. What armix did was not only appropriate but expected considering how many scum tells Max was dropping. At *WORST* what armix did is a null tell, and she's trying to run with it.

If grimmy were to wake up I would not be inclined to switch my vote back right now, unless he were wagoned for some reason or started dropping more scum tells.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 am

Post by dcorbe »

LlamaFluff wrote:
dcorbe wrote: What can be learned of relationships and scum tells from a wagon that was unanimous?
so my 269 is worthless?

my points brought up there should never be used to find scum?

Sure Max was lynched, by seven players. Now that we know he is town, we look through the reasons for voting, and how people acted during the wagon. Who showed aprehension, who voted for weak reaons, and who avoided the wagons as much as possible
At best it's going to lead us to a WIOFMy mis lynch. I'm concerned about the consequences of us mis-lynching a power role because we got some bad intelligence from the Max lynch.

7 people lynched, but there was not one person who spoke out against the lynch. He was oozing scum tells.

There's other ways for us to get some more solid base to go on for a D2 lynch.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:43 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:I wouldn't say its useless, but more that right now is not the optimal time to try and draw info from the max wagon. I mean, its pretty assured both scum were on it, but so was almost all the town.
There is no assurance that both scum were on the wagon as not everyone was voting him
(5) Max (Mr. Blonde, jtdyer, farside22, dcorbe, armlx)
(1) farside22 (Max)
(1) Mr. Blonde (Avinyl)
(0) alvinz95
(0) jtdyer
(0) dcorbe
(0) Avinyl
(0) Grimmy
(0) armlx

(2) Not Voting (Grimmy, alvinz95)
FOS: Armix
Me thinks someone slipped
How could all the town possibly be on the wagon? Voting after hammer is useless. Null tell.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:dcorbe missed the point. I will give anyone a cookie to tell me what it is that Armix did that was a slip
If you're seriously about to suggest that Armix knowing how many scum are present in the game therefore he must be scum, all you need to do is read page 1 to realize that fact has been revealed to everyone and not just scum
Page 1 wrote:2 Players will receive this Role PM (Mafia)
Mafia wrote: You are a member of the Mafia with XXXXXXXX. You may talk with your partner at night. Have one person from your partnership PM me the name of the player to be killed on behalf of the mafia. The named player will be killed.

You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent the same.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #63) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:Once again dcorbe misses, but thank you for playing. We have a lovely prize for you.
I wouldn't say its useless, but more that right now is not the optimal time to try and draw info from the max wagon. I mean,
its pretty assured both scum were on it,
but so was almost all the town
See bold. Why is he saying it is pretty assured both are on the wagon.
Why is that a tell?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Forgive me if I don't trust your judgement on that one because it's been so off in all the other games we've been in together. I'll wait for the rest of the town to comment before I decide to either jump on you for reaching or jump on him for dropping a tell.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by dcorbe »

LlamaFluff wrote:I will start by saying that this comment is stupid on many many levels. First of all, you are using meta, which you hate. But more importantly, I really dislike your move of waiting for everyone else to wiegh in more, which is why I like AIM based mafia, no time for people to wait and fabricate stories.
I'm reserving my judgement based on a meta. I'm not swayed one way or another by her "tell" on armix. There's a difference between meta influencing your decision and holding reservation until later because of a meta.

Now that I've had time to mull it over, it's not much of a tell at all.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by dcorbe »

LlamaFluff wrote:
armlx wrote:Did a full reread, and I still agree with my current course of action: Lynch Grimmy then move from there.
I still think we have better options in SG (who replaced jtyder) and strife (who replaced avinyl). What are your views on the other wagons that are appearing though (SG and farside), grimmy has to be scum buddies with someone.
I think I'm beginning to see why you're continually attacking me. You're mistakenly under the assumption that farside's wagon is some new phenomenon and it isn't
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by dcorbe »

LlamaFluff wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: I still think we have better options in SG (who replaced jtyder) and strife (who replaced avinyl). What are your views on the other wagons that are appearing though (SG and farside), grimmy has to be scum buddies with someone.
I think I'm beginning to see why you're continually attacking me. You're mistakenly under the assumption that farside's wagon is some new phenomenon and it isn't
That was directed at armix, hence me quoting armix before I wrote it. However I do differ from you on what I think about farside, looking around where you voted her, I really cant comprehend a good reason for the vote. It mainly seemed to center around the topic of - farside wants to look at Max voting history, I dont think we should, she keeps pushing it and I dont understand, scum.

From what I have seen so far, I would lynch SG, strife and grimmy over farside with little hesitation. I dont see enough of a case on farside to merit a lynch.

So please, lay out a detailed post on why farside is scum. Also what do you think of my vote on SG? Is that a good vote? What about Arimx's Grimmy vote?
I've already laid out plenty of justification for my vote.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #68) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Real life has gotten in the way over the last week or so, but I will be posting some thoughts here shortly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”