Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Auro »

In post 620, Almost50 wrote:If we KNEW someone to be a WW we would have lynched them.
In post 611, Almost50 wrote:If the lynch is on WW though (which is good for Town) the remaining Wold is forced to hunt for the Seer, because if the catch him the WW are eliminated. This in turn helps Mafia greatly and puts them in pole position.
So you're arguing that a Wolf lynch is good for town, and also beneficial to Mafia greatly and also that you'd lynch a WW if you knew one...
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:26 am

Post by Auro »

In post 519, Almost50 wrote:So, obviously what's best is if we lynch a WW, followed by NO LYNCH, followed by lynching a Mafioso, and the worst thing is -naturally- to mislynch a townie.
In post 600, Almost50 wrote:Your push on WWs in particular is also a Mafia claim.
By your logic, WW>NL>Mafia lynch.
I'm saying WW>NL, let's wolfhunt.
I'm town; if I'm opposed to a No Lynch, and WW lynch is superior but Mafia lynch is inferior, obviously I would be particular about a WW push, right?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:31 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 626, Auro wrote:
In post 519, Almost50 wrote:So, obviously what's best is if we lynch a WW, followed by NO LYNCH, followed by lynching a Mafioso, and the worst thing is -naturally- to mislynch a townie.
In post 600, Almost50 wrote:Your push on WWs in particular is also a Mafia claim.
By your logic, WW>NL>Mafia lynch.
I'm saying WW>NL, let's wolfhunt.
I'm town; if I'm opposed to a No Lynch, and WW lynch is superior but Mafia lynch is inferior, obviously I would be particular about a WW push, right?
Okay, I think I've got this figured out, assuming this is TvT, which I believe it is.

1) Both of you agree a WW lynch is best.
2) Both agree a No lynch is the second best option
3) Auro has done some voodoo math that I don't get involved in to say he's got a 1/3 chance to be right
4) A50 disagrees with the math, probably using some wiccan math which I don't understand
5) Auro is confident that McQueen is WW
6) A50 is not.

I think this just comes down to the voodoo math versus the wiccan math.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Auro »

I also assert again that McQueen has a lot of scum equity, I've made a case approaching it from a few different angles - and looks like at least 3 others agree on it, so I'd like to see you comment on that as well, A50.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 622, brassherald wrote:
In post 621, Almost50 wrote:
In post 619, brassherald wrote:I feel like I need A50 to clarify a bit more
I can't clarify unless you tell me exactly what you need me to clarify
Where did Auro make claims of being Mafia?
That I did clarify, I gave 3 reasons why he's Mafia. But because you are a good friend I'll reiterate:

1- Avoiding Bambi (a claimed Mafia if we choose to believe that). The fact that he is excluding Bambi from being a WW and accepting his claim as Mafia is reason enough to think they're both Mafia.

2- His manipulation of the game status and pushing for a lynch at all costs. A mislynch is beneficial to both scum, but he is excluding a lynch on Mafia too, so a mislynch or a WW lynch. >>> MAFIA

3- I forgot what the third was, but go back to the very post where I said that and read it and my subsequent post. Either that or ISO Auro since the start of D2 and see for yourself.

There's ONLY ONE other possibility, which is Bambi+Auro IS the WW team, but I don't see that as probable, because Bambi is a much better player than to do this and expose the whole team. I thus believe him to be Mafia indeed, and Auro is certainly on his team.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Auro »

In post 627, brassherald wrote:Auro has done some voodoo math that I don't get involved in to say he's got a 1/3 chance to be right
It's not voodoo math.

1. Bambi's claimed Mafia
2. Bambi wouldn't bus his partner in this situation cause it's a really, really really stupid strategy for Mafia
3. That brings the lynch pool to 7; a seer would claim at L-1 so brings it to 6
4. 2 wolves; so 2/6 = 1/3 chances of hitting a wolf.

I don't disagree with A50's math, I disagree on his conclusions from the math. His math basically says 1/3 chance of 5-2-2 tomorrow and 2/3 chance of 4-3-2 tomorrow, and there's a greater chance of regaining town majority than if we lynch; my counter-argument is that a majority doesn't make sense with both wolves alive and isn't worth sacrificing a chance to lynch wolves for.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:38 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 629, Almost50 wrote: 1- Avoiding Bambi (a claimed Mafia if we choose to believe that). The fact that he is excluding Bambi from being a WW and accepting his claim as Mafia is reason enough to think they're both Mafia.

There's ONLY ONE other possibility, which is Bambi+Auro IS the WW team, but I don't see that as probable, because Bambi is a much better player than to do this and expose the whole team. I thus believe him to be Mafia indeed, and Auro is certainly on his team.
Isn't this you doing the same thing you are saying he's doing?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:39 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 630, Auro wrote:
In post 627, brassherald wrote:Auro has done some voodoo math that I don't get involved in to say he's got a 1/3 chance to be right
It's not voodoo math.

1. Bambi's claimed Mafia
2. Bambi wouldn't bus his partner in this situation cause it's a really, really really stupid strategy for Mafia
3. That brings the lynch pool to 7; a seer would claim at L-1 so brings it to 6
4. 2 wolves; so 2/6 = 1/3 chances of hitting a wolf.

I don't disagree with A50's math, I disagree on his conclusions from the math. His math basically says 1/3 chance of 5-2-2 tomorrow and 2/3 chance of 4-3-2 tomorrow, and there's a greater chance of regaining town majority than if we lynch; my counter-argument is that a majority doesn't make sense with both wolves alive and isn't worth sacrificing a chance to lynch wolves for.
But, we don't need Bambi to bus a partner to get a lynch on the partner?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 624, Auro wrote:
In post 519, Almost50 wrote:so I'm gonna shut up and play along with whatever you guys decide
Also not able to reconcile this with the attitude you portray in your recent posts, with McQueen at L-1.
The "you" was directed @TOWN, not claimed scum. :wink:

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Auro »

In post 629, Almost50 wrote:1- Avoiding Bambi (a claimed Mafia if we choose to believe that). The fact that he is excluding Bambi from being a WW and accepting his claim as Mafia is reason enough to think they're both Mafia.

2- His manipulation of the game status and pushing for a lynch at all costs. A mislynch is beneficial to both scum, but he is excluding a lynch on Mafia too, so a mislynch or a WW lynch. >>> MAFIA

3- I forgot what the third was, but go back to the very post where I said that and read it and my subsequent post. Either that or ISO Auro since the start of D2 and see for yourself.
1. Bambi could be a WW, sure. I'm lynching that slot anyway later. However, it's most likely he IS Mafia claiming Mafia, and even then, suspicion that he's a WW won't prevent me from lynching McQueen.

2. *You* seem to be manipulating the game status. I specifically stated multiple times that I want a WW lynch, and if you believe it's a mislynch, argue against the case? ALSO, your no-lynch from your pure mechanics logic favors Mafia more than it favors town -> Because with a NL, there's a 5/8 chance of scum hitting a town slot. If from town PoV, a 1/3 chance of 1 less Mafia is favorable, then from a Maf PoV, a 2/3 chance of 1 less villa is even better, no?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Auro »

In post 632, brassherald wrote:But, we don't need Bambi to bus a partner to get a lynch on the partner?
Bambi gave the a-OK to lynch McQueen.
I was expecting him to refuse and continue tunnelling the hydra (or) argue in favor of a no lynch if McQueen was Mafia.

Do you think Bambi would so readily bus his buddy?
We don't need Bambi to bus his partner; but that he readily voted is indicative that the partner isn't Mafia -> leading to the 1/3 number.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 624, Auro wrote:A 1/3 chance of hitting a Wolf, versus a ~2/3 chance of a guaranteed no-wolf-hit and Villa kill.
See? THIS is a misleading statement. WHO says it will be a VILLA kill all the time? It's a 5:3 at random, and assuming WWs don't want to hit Mafia at this point is stupid.

Let's do the math..

If we mislynch we are 4-3-2, and WWs don't want the kill is on Villa = 3-3-2. By this point the town has lost already, and I suspect the Mafia become too powerful to overcome by TOWN & WWs COMBINED (unless WWs open wolf and the whole Town is willing to give them the win)

If we No Lynch, and the kill hits "Villa" it is 4-3-2 tomorrow, and by sheer numbers we are likely to lynch "not-town". Not to mention it becomes "odd numbers by day" a game, which is ALSO
statistically proven
pro-town in games with single NKs.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:48 am

Post by brassherald »

Oh, shit, I just realized why my math has not been working out at all. I was reading the living players as the starting player list.

Still, Bambi is not needed to kill Mafia.
Auro wrote:
In post 632, brassherald wrote:But, we don't need Bambi to bus a partner to get a lynch on the partner?
Bambi gave the a-OK to lynch McQueen.
I was expecting him to refuse and continue tunnelling the hydra (or) argue in favor of a no lynch if McQueen was Mafia.

Do you think Bambi would so readily bus his buddy?
We don't need Bambi to bus his partner; but that he readily voted is indicative that the partner isn't Mafia -> leading to the 1/3 number.
I think it is more likely to be indicative that they are not partnered, but I can think of reasons for her to vote there if they were mafia partners. It could be to throw off Vote Count Analysis later, counting on our losing interest in an early Day 2 lynch and moving on to someone else, etc. I'm going to give you more than 50% that they are not aligned, but its not impossible.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Auro »

In post 568, Auro wrote:
@A50 correct me if I'm wrong.

A simplification of your idea... [snip]

If I haven't articulated this properly, please do tell me.
"Manipulation of game state"
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Auro »

In post 637, brassherald wrote:I think it is more likely to be indicative that they are not partnered, but I can think of reasons for her to vote there if they were mafia partners. It could be to throw off Vote Count Analysis later, counting on our losing interest in an early Day 2 lynch and moving on to someone else, etc. I'm going to give you more than 50% that they are not aligned, but its not impossible.
1 Mafia dead, 1 Mafia claimed (guaranteed lynch), 1 remaining.
With both wolves remaining with their NKs.
It's a surefire way to lose as Mafia.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:50 am

Post by brassherald »

Yeah, we are off odds right now. I want an odd number.

I don't want to hammer a no lynch by mistake, how we looking on that front?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:51 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 639, Auro wrote:
In post 637, brassherald wrote:I think it is more likely to be indicative that they are not partnered, but I can think of reasons for her to vote there if they were mafia partners. It could be to throw off Vote Count Analysis later, counting on our losing interest in an early Day 2 lynch and moving on to someone else, etc. I'm going to give you more than 50% that they are not aligned, but its not impossible.
1 Mafia dead, 1 Mafia claimed (guaranteed lynch), 1 remaining.
With both wolves remaining with their NKs.
It's a surefire way to lose as Mafia.
IF the lynch goes through.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Auro »

In post 636, Almost50 wrote:See? THIS is a misleading statement. WHO says it will be a VILLA kill all the time? It's a 5:3 at random, and assuming WWs don't want to hit Mafia at this point is stupid.

Let's do the math..

If we mislynch we are 4-3-2, and WWs don't want the kill is on Villa = 3-3-2. By this point the town has lost already, and I suspect the Mafia become too powerful to overcome by TOWN & WWs COMBINED (unless WWs open wolf and the whole Town is willing to give them the win)

If we No Lynch, and the kill hits "Villa" it is 4-3-2 tomorrow, and by sheer numbers we are likely to lynch "not-town". Not to mention it becomes "odd numbers by day" a game, which is ALSO statistically proven pro-town in games with single NKs.
It won't be a villa kill *all* the time. 5/8 = 62.5% which is 4% away from 2/3.
Mafia isn't too powerful to overcome even if we mislynch, but WW will get incrementally more powerful to lynch if we don't lynch them.

Risk(Not lynching WW) > Risk(Mislynching) IMO.

Lynching Mafia after a No-Lynch today with Villa-kill is still bad, it means WW are even more incrementally powerful!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Auro »

In post 640, brassherald wrote:Yeah, we are off odds right now. I want an odd number.
Dude, I really doubt the odd-evens logic works for Multiball...
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Auro »

In post 636, Almost50 wrote:Mafia become too powerful to overcome by TOWN & WWs COMBINED (unless WWs open wolf and the whole Town is willing to give them the win)
WWs have a night kill. We have claimed Mafia.

The NK makes WWs very dangerous, significantly more than Mafia.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Auro »

In post 643, Auro wrote:
In post 640, brassherald wrote:Yeah, we are off odds right now. I want an odd number.
Dude, I really doubt the odd-evens logic works for Multiball...
Ok if you just consider this "Wolf/NotWolf" then odds/evens makes more sense but with this number of players I think it's a slightly greater chance, and I'm asserting yet again that lynches are the ONLY tool we have to get rid of Wolves. They do have shots at night; that might help us clear Mafia, and in any case once we get one wolf down we can Mafia-hunt.

BuJaber, please see what I'm seeing here. :shifty:
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm honestly not sure why evens are bad anymore, but I know people keep telling me they are, so I like things to be not bad.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Auro »

In post 646, brassherald wrote:I'm honestly not sure why evens are bad anymore, but I know people keep telling me they are, so I like things to be not bad.

Say 3 town, 1 maf. MyLo.
If you lynch you're supposed to pick from 3; if you NL you pick from 2 in LyLo, 33% chance of scum lynch vs 50%.

I think it's a general extension of this idea; however I think the benefits of no lynching specifically in these terms reduce a lot as you increase the number of players.

And in a multiball game where the NK can hit either Maf or Villa with different win-cons, I doubt the "odds > evens" argument even holds significant validity.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Auro »

Also @A50:
If we follow your plan and NL, and the NK is a VT, you want to lynch Bambi tomorrow? Meaning they get another NK?

Can you see how your plan probably makes it muuuuuch more beneficial for Wolves?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

Odd numbers require "relatively" less votes to lynch. As -say- aa needs 6 to lynch, yet 10 ALSO needs 6 to lynch.

In THIS GAME, we are talking about that extra vote being TOWN, so I don't want to risk a MISLYNCH. Ot also had to do with the TOWN controlling the MAJORITY of votes. RIGHT NOW, if we ALL TRUTHFULLY CLAIMED, the TOWN cannot lynch without the help of either scum side. We just CAN'T because we do not control the MAJORITY.

Return to “Completed Open Games”