RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i have too many scumreads right now

think that there's decent odds all 4 of {rc/auro/volxen/irrelephant} are scum, confidence in order
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 pm

err

town
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by volxen »

UNVOTE:
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 276, RadiantCowbells wrote:err

town
I lold
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:21 pm

i actively think all of

shoshin, dt, clemency, scum reading are more likely than null to be scum.

everyone else is nul lfor now
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I strongly disagree that I'm more likely scum than null. Please explain.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Irrelephant
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 274, Irrelephant11 wrote:Oh I’m voting who’s left, nice
Yeah SR still not towny in retrospect. Joining a push on Auro because he disappeared at a “convenient” time?? Lol
Yeah, applying pressure is good for town, we get reactions from people. It’s not like my vote is going to stay there anyway, I just wanted to get a response from Auro, as he wasn’t answering to two people voting him. As a town, I like to be aggressive. Honestly, those accusations between rc and dt filled up with like 6 pages, which I don’t like. It allows for scummies to hide under the radar. If I were up, I would’ve intervined and asked for reads from other people that are not that active, or people that were and then they stopped talking once rc and dt were accusing each other. I’ll be posting my town reads in a bit, looking through people’s iso’s really quick just to make sure I didn’t miss anything relevant
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by scum reading »

Town reads :

Fus and irrelephant (I put both of you on the same line because I am strongly townreading you guys.) Reason why they’re here is because elephant gave townreads way early on, several times if I’m not mistaken, overall town behavior. As for fus, I townread him because of his 257, 260 , 261 which I find town-indicative.

DT - this comes next, if this were to be a rainbow read, but I am not that good with forum stuff, so just imagine this is a scale. DT, despite clogging this thread, his accusations were fine and if we are being objective, there’s no discrepancy in what he says and whom he accused. He had good reasoning to push RC.

I’ll be updating this as information comes along, but for now, this is all I’ve got. I don’t town read volxen nor auro at the moment because I’m really skeptic with “I rolled town” posts. Auro’s posting seems townie, but I’m not willing to place my town read on him yet just because his posts look townie.

That being said, I’m interested in Shoshin’s reads at the moment, as well as grand’s because he has just confirmed
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 279, RadiantCowbells wrote:i actively think all of

shoshin, dt, clemency, scum reading are more likely than null to be scum.

everyone else is nul lfor now
I disagree, is my attempt at pressuring regarded as scum? I think as a town we should get as much information as we can. My vote was well-placed at that time and it was used to gain information, not to lead someone to a potential lynch. Hence why I said no hammer until I come back.

UNVOTE:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 284, scum reading wrote:My vote was well-placed at that time and it was used to gain information
In post 283, scum reading wrote:Auro’s posting seems townie, but I’m not willing to place my town read on him yet just because his posts look townie.
:neutral:
What information did you gain from my reaction(s)?
You find Fus/Irrelephant's posts townie, therefore townread them - why does that not apply to me?
What's the difference in your mind?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 273, Irrelephant11 wrote:I lost my light townread on DT for a bit while reading the argument with RC, but it sorta came back in the past couple pages
Was there anything specific in those pages that got you to townread DT again?
Walk me through your townread, please :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 37, Shoshin wrote:VOTE: Auro
In post 56, Shoshin wrote:Irrelephant's excited for this game. What do you think that means about his alignment, Auro?
In post 281, Shoshin wrote:VOTE: Irrelephant
Why the naked votes, sans explanation?
Is it Irre's excitement that makes you think he's scum?
If not, what is?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by ejjinami »

What a strong start

Clemenc‬y seems to be ruffling his feathers.

DoubtingThomas and RadiantCowbells are staring at each other intensely.

Hurry up my dearies
Let the feathers fly
Let the fun begin!

Vote Count 1.5

DoubtingThomas:
(2) Auro, RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells:
(2) DoubtingThomas, Clemenc‬y
volxen:
(1) Fuscosco
scum reading:
(1) Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11:
(1) Shoshin

Not Voting:
Demonlord, ‪GrandWazoo‬‬‬‬, volxen, scum reading

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-12 18:02:08)
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 285, Auro wrote:
In post 284, scum reading wrote:My vote was well-placed at that time and it was used to gain information
In post 283, scum reading wrote:Auro’s posting seems townie, but I’m not willing to place my town read on him yet just because his posts look townie.
:neutral:
What information did you gain from my reaction(s)?
You find Fus/Irrelephant's posts townie, therefore townread them - why does that not apply to me?
What's the difference in your mind?
Nothing relevant as the push didn't feel like a push at all given the fact that dt and rc clogged 6 pages of the thread, so there wouldn't be a reason for you to feel pressured. I was hoping to see how you'd reply, instead you just acted like nothing happened. So my attempt at pressuring was a failure and with nobody backing it up, can't get information.

The difference is, as I've mentioned, I look at posts like "I rolled town" with skepticism. Call it being closed-minded, but I don't usually buy that stuff. Rarely have I met people that say "I rolled town" in their first post, and you saying "I hope you guys did too!" is making me feel even more skeptical about you being actually town.

As for your vote on DT, do you think he's scum? If so, what indicates towards that? What are your clues on him?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 289, scum reading wrote:I was hoping to see how you'd reply, instead you just acted like nothing happened.
I responded to your vote, by explaining my then irregular posting.
I identified a bad vote on my wagon (Clemency) and stated it.
The other two votes were RVS. How is my response not adequate?
scum reading wrote: The difference is, as I've mentioned, I look at posts like "I rolled town" with skepticism. Call it being closed-minded, but I don't usually buy that stuff.
So - you're skeptical of my
RVS
post - which I later explained had some background to it (which Volx/Irre can attest to), to such an extent that even though my later posts feel townie to you, you still don't think I deserve a townread. Correct?
scum reading wrote:As for your vote on DT, do you think he's scum? If so, what indicates towards that? What are your clues on him?
Yes, ATM I think he's likely scum - I've explained in part. I'm not able to place his reaction to from a town perspective and it looks inconsistent with his later explanations. His constant misrep of both mine and RC's arguments seems scummy. I don't find his other posts in his exchange with RC towny either, whereas others seem to - which I'm curious to hear about.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by scum reading »

I responded to your vote, by explaining my then irregular posting.
I identified a bad vote on my wagon (Clemency) and stated it.
The other two votes were RVS. How is my response not adequate?
When I voted you up, you mentioned you were in the airport. I understood your situation, that's not a reaction that I was expecting. Then, when Clemency voted you up for pressure, once again, it was only then when you said you felt Clemency's push was unjustified. Regarding the other "2 rvs votes", the first was indeed an rvs vote without any clues, but by the time Volxen voted you, he was already suspecting you, at least that's what I got from his post saying "let me guess, you flipped scum like you always do 95% of the games", I didn't really take it as an random vote. I took into account what he said and then I proceeded to vote you up to see if you'd react as scum or as town. Volxen claiming he has played games with you before and he was always in your scum games, wouldn't it make sense for me to push you to help him town read you or not? After all, he has the most experience with you. Is my logic flawed?
So - you're skeptical of my RVS post - which I later explained had some background to it (which Volx/Irre can attest to), to such an extent that even though my later posts feel townie to you, you still don't think I deserve a townread. Correct?
Correct. I'll have to analyse voting patterns with you. It will be hard town reading / scum reading you just by your posts. I can't completely disregard your initial post and be claiming you are town with conviction. You're on my radar. As for another reason why I don't town read you yet, I'll explain in the following response...:
Yes, ATM I think he's likely scum - I've explained in part. I'm not able to place his reaction to 91 from a town perspective and it looks inconsistent with his later explanations. His constant misrep of both mine and RC's arguments seems scummy. I don't find his other posts in his exchange with RC towny either, whereas others seem to - which I'm curios to hear about.
DT has addressed that there's no way he would know how town Volxen would posts, because he doesn't know him. Which makes sense, doesn't it? He's pushing people according to their actions in this particular game, and in his point of view, the claiming town early on are scummy. How would he know that town volxen posts like this all the time? Your 91 isn't a solid excuse to get a vote on him. Him and RC have talked a lot until now, don't you think we should vote inactive players / active lurking players? I don't see a reason to vote DT at the moment, I have a town read on them and your accusation on him is his reaction in regards to your 91 post, which I've explained earlier that it makes no sense. Just because Volxen's gameplay is the same as town volxen in other games that DT was not in but you were, does that automatically result in DT being scum because you had access to information that DT didn't have access to? Please explain.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Shoshin, you understand why after you pulled the wool over my eyes last game I have to hold you to a pretty high standard here. Explain your vote on me. I have no reason to townread you right now. In fact, I’m tempted to think you’re only voting me because you know this.

Re: me read on DT
I thought his early posts looked like eager town
I thought his argument posts included a lot of weird moments, like getting offended that you tried to affect his volxen read with meta, or getting offended that RC called him bad. One post in particular felt like a post I’ve made as scum (will quote soon).
Then I felt his most recent posts acknowledged some of how his reactions might have been overreactions. The sheer number of words he’s written in trying to explain himself also felt a little towny. As I write it out, though, it actually feels more like I’m describing someone I should be nullscum-reading...
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 186, DoubtingThomas wrote:are you guys seeing this?

I literally come into thread, thread has 4 pages, I read the posts, I point out couple posts I think is scummy, and just lightly vote in a still rvs-fested situation in the game

then auro says, "volxen just posts that all the time"

i am like ok, but i can do stuff without taking your meta of another player as a scripture in the bible and still vote when nobody else is saying shit?

and then RC comes out of nowhere attacking about how i am double downing and overreactingly defending myself on my "case" on volxen (except i was clearly just going off of a couple posts, as those were the only things I had)

and how I am scummy for not givng his reads "enough respect" based on games i played with him in the past, but which is just purely an atrocious thinking because he is expecting me to blindly sheep him every game then?

and then twisting this to make it seem like i am attacking his reads for no reason? even though he was the one who mentioned how from my previous experiences with him, i should know his town game enough or something to just sheep him? i dont understand the logic of this argument at all

and then he goes onto talk about how i should stop and it's better for me to just die if i am not gonna 'cooperate' with town or whatever lol even though the past 3 pages have just been all him and auro attacking me for a 4 page read on volxen and just refusing to take in volxen's "meta" fo rthe time being because it's really early in the game

RC complains about someone saying someone has a weak presence 4 pages in in the game, but is pushing me for trying to make content over only 4 pages, it's like me just voting a single player 4 pages in in the game should be forbidden?
This post felt very scummy
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:59 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

Almost half this thread has been RC vs. DT so I'll focus on them. There's almost no chance this is TvT. Proceeding from this premise, once you filter out the ad hom stuff RC comes off much scummier.

This seems like a town reaction:
In post 234, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 231, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 228, DoubtingThomas wrote:you are constantly saying dumb stuff and contradicting yourself with ' i didn't push you/vote you', 'you should have more respect to my town game and just sheep me', 'if i didn't see you scum in brides, i would scum read you'
No contradictions.

When I said that, it was true.
When I said you should respect my town game enough that when I tell you that your reason for scumreading someone is garbage, you don't double down on it, yeah, true.
The only reason I considered you as potential town ever this game is because I've already seen you game throw level perform as town. This is already several tiers below PB
no you pushed me for numerous pages. you dont just constantly interact with me to one post before voting me and pretend to not have pushed me

having respect for your town game, again, has nothing to do with this game and you were using that to try to influence my scum read on volxen. that's asinine that you think i should just sheep you because you played well as town previously

i also asked you what you thought of my first scum game against you in merchant's. were you disappointed? is it similar to here? why aren't you using all the meta you know to judge my game here?
This does not:
In post 135, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 133, Fuscosco wrote:The hallmark of rvs is wagons based on nothing. Defending it is . . . counterproductive?
I would prefer votes not be placed at all
In post 157, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 154, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 152, RadiantCowbells wrote:And there's a difference between being wrong and being belligerent and obnoxious and wrong.

Sure. When people keep telling you your read is bad your reaction shouldn't be to double down.
keep pushing me. i am just gonna wait until someone else posts something of value
I'm not voting you. I'm not pushing you. I'm telling you to stop.
In post 163, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think you're actually reading as opposed to just saying what reactions you think make you look townier

VOTE: doubting Thomas

Now I'm voting you
Having never played with these two (or anyone else this game for that matter), it's possible from their history that they don't like each other and that these exchanges would happen regardless of alignment. It's also possible that they're both scum, engaging in an extended choreographed drama to distract town. Unlikely, but possible.

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

ETA: sorry for the wall, my attempts to put quotes inside spoiler tags didn't work.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Waxoo, I agree some of RC’s posts about how many votes should be placed are unusual
What about them is scummy
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 277, volxen wrote:UNVOTE:
What are your reads
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 283, scum reading wrote:Town reads :

Fus and irrelephant (I put both of you on the same line because I am strongly townreading you guys.) Reason why they’re here is because elephant gave townreads way early on, several times if I’m not mistaken, overall town behavior. As for fus, I townread him because of his 257, 260 , 261 which I find town-indicative.

DT - this comes next, if this were to be a rainbow read, but I am not that good with forum stuff, so just imagine this is a scale. DT, despite clogging this thread, his accusations were fine and if we are being objective, there’s no discrepancy in what he says and whom he accused. He had good reasoning to push RC.
Why is my giving out townreads a reason to townread me?

What are the good reasons DT had to push RC?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:29 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 295, Irrelephant11 wrote:Waxoo, I agree some of RC’s posts about how many votes should be placed are unusual
What about them is scummy
To insist that you're not voting or pushing a player, then vote them almost immediately thereafter, pinged me big time. Again, assuming DT and RC are neither both town or both scum, RC is displaying more traits I associate with scum.
In post 296, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 277, volxen wrote:UNVOTE:
What are your reads
Aside from the two I've mentioned, I get slight town vibes from Aero, Fusco, SR. Volxen shoshin and you are null. Scumlean Clemency but I gather his erratic play is something of a strategy so IDK. Then there's demonlord who hasn't posted.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Auro »

Return to “Completed Open Games”