Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Auro »

VOTE: Clemency

Would prefer Demonlord, but only slightly.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

Mod: can we have a VC?
Been several hundred posts since the last one.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Shoshin »

What's your read on Fusco?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

It's not fair that I have to try to decide whether clearly bad faith scumreads on me are town or scum every game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

That's how I feel too.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 702, Shoshin wrote:What's your read on Fusco?
Volxen have you rolled scum yet

If so link
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 705, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Volxen have you rolled scum yet

If so link
Yes

Open 735: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=77119
Newbie 1900: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=77781
Open 740: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=77755
Newbie 1905: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=77949
Micro 842 (on The Great Wall hydra): viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78192
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by ejjinami »

Vote Count 1.8
Clemenc‬y:
(3) Irrelephant11, RadiantCowbells, Auro
RadiantCowbells:
(2) Clemenc‬y, GrandWazoo
DoubtingThomas:
(1) Shoshin
Shoshin:
(1) DoubtingThomas
scum reading:
(1) volxen

Not Voting:
Demonlord, scum reading, Fuscosco

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-12 18:02:08)
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:41 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 703, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's not fair that I have to try to decide whether clearly bad faith scumreads on me are town or scum every game
Bad faith? You've done some scummy shit this game my dude. Others may buy into your pity party routine, not me.
In post 704, Shoshin wrote:That's how I feel too.
Aww look, Harry and Sally are back together.
In post 590, Shoshin wrote:Fuck you, RC.
In post 591, Shoshin wrote:You're a massive dick sometimes.
This from the player constantly complaining about lack of decorum in this game.

Loath as I am to let RC get away with his emotionally manipulative shenanigans, his wagon's stalled. Congrats RC, you're unlynchable again...

VOTE: shoshin
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:52 am

Post by scum reading »

Damn, with all this confusion, I’ll keep in check people that are active lurking. Fus, can you post some reads? By the way, can we get over the rc theatre and try to scum hunt and not engage in stupid conversations, thanks
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Auro »

Nullscum. :wink:

Seriously though, I don't have any solid impression of him either way - kinda get the feeling he's coasting by.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Auro »

I'm liking GrandWazoo for town.

Volxen, what's your read on me?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Auro »

In post 709, scum reading wrote:Damn, with all this confusion, I’ll keep in check people that are active lurking. Fus, can you post some reads? By the way, can we get over the rc theatre and try to scum hunt and not engage in stupid conversations, thanks
This looks like active lurking.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:24 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

Auro: given your and the extended 1v1 that followed, I'm surprised you've dropped your push on Shoshin. Has she said or done anything that makes her town from your pov? Clemency otoh doesn't inspire confidence but hasn't done much that I'd call scummy. You've barely engaged with him yet voting him. Why?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:33 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 712, Auro wrote:
In post 709, scum reading wrote:Damn, with all this confusion, I’ll keep in check people that are active lurking. Fus, can you post some reads? By the way, can we get over the rc theatre and try to scum hunt and not engage in stupid conversations, thanks
Call it lurking or trying to look for clues with this clogged thread that legit has no information except that RC is being extra AtE and not helping town. I asked if he finally decided to play his role but it seems like he doesn’t know how his role should be played. I’m asking fus of reads because i townread him by the way, and given this whole theatre, I want to see his view on it and the people that are likely to be scum.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:37 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 712, Auro wrote:
Should I check myself? Give me a second.

I wasn’t implying scums are active lurkers, I just said I’d like to keep everyone on check to hear somebody’s else opinion rather than RC’s (I saw your reads RC, it’s good, you can calm down now)
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:37 am

Post by scum reading »

On the contrary, I believe a few scums were quite active
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Auro »

In post 713, GrandWazoo wrote:Auro: given your and the extended 1v1 that followed, I'm surprised you've dropped your push on Shoshin. Has she said or done anything that makes her town from your pov? Clemency otoh doesn't inspire confidence but hasn't done much that I'd call scummy. You've barely engaged with him yet voting him. Why?
I'm not perfectly satisfied with her response to my push, but I stated I'll revisit that later, no? I think there are scummier slots to pursue at the moment, and I think I may be biased against her adopted playstyle - can you point out anything actively scummy you think she did?

It's untrue that I've barely engaged with Clemency. I have asked him questions earlier, I'm waiting for him to respond. However, I don't really expect a meaningful response - I've played with Clemency in the past, and his posts are noise to me, and I don't recall him ever making a good-faith attempt to engage as town.

For example,
Spoiler:
In post 491, Michael Scott wrote:I mean the answer isn't too hard to think about. Just wanna see you gamesolve, bud
In post 492, Clemency wrote:my methods are an enigma

A small list of things I find scummy, which Clemency did:
> His L-2 vote on me,
inspite
of townreading me, because "when was the last time you saw the first wagon on a >9 player game go through"
> Riling up RC - gamestate manipulation, considering he has history with RC and knows what would happen
> Misrepresentation of self-meta in and

Why do you not find these scummy?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 716, scum reading wrote:On the contrary, I believe a few scums were quite active
Then why aren't you voting any of them? You voted Auro, then unvoted without explanation.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 am

Post by scum reading »

There was an explanation, don’t misrepresent me. I said my vote was there for pressure, I wanted a reaction, but you can’t apply pressure with only one dude on a vote, everyone else took their vote back or ended up on other wagons for no reason when RC and Fus asked why we were voting someone that is “obv town”.

I have conflicting thoughts on who I should vote. I don’t want a mislynch.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:11 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 717, Auro wrote:
In post 713, GrandWazoo wrote:Auro: given your and the extended 1v1 that followed, I'm surprised you've dropped your push on Shoshin. Has she said or done anything that makes her town from your pov? Clemency otoh doesn't inspire confidence but hasn't done much that I'd call scummy. You've barely engaged with him yet voting him. Why?
I'm not perfectly satisfied with her response to my push, but I stated I'll revisit that later, no? I think there are scummier slots to pursue at the moment, and I think I may be biased against her adopted playstyle - can you point out anything actively scummy you think she did?/quote]
In post 473, Shoshin wrote:If RC's scum, he knows with 100% certainty that I don't let him get lynched on D1 if I townread him.
In post 501, Shoshin wrote:
In post 0, ejjinami wrote:Playing agressively =/= being rude. Be respectful please.
For the record, I would be okay with a modkill on DT. Or a forced replacement.
Someone who's against policy-lynch on one player shouldn't be advocating policy-lynching another.
In post 520, Shoshin wrote:RC's the worst possible lynch on D1 because he's going to be nominated. Why would we ever waste an odd-lynch on RC when we can do it on an even one? He's also the worst possible lynch on D1 because he's one of the strongest townies on this site, meaning it would be a massive windfall for the scum to lynch town him on D1 (especially since he won't have time to catch the scum for us, plus it causes his to become self-destructive), whereas saving a lynch on scum RC for D2 doesn't hurt town at all because we still have the opportunity to lynch his partners.
In post 545, Shoshin wrote:
In post 537, GrandWazoo wrote:This is nonsense. If a player's worth lynching D2, he's worth lynching D1.
Scum choose the lynch on D2 through nominations so it's optimal to lynch RC on D2 when our options are limited.
Only scum would know who's being nominated.
In post 578, Shoshin wrote:Look,
if you want to push my lynch I'm going to push a lynch on you, for obvious reasons.
If you want to work with me instead and see if we can lynch scum together, then I think the outcome is going to be a lot better, regardless of your alignment. I also think your alignment will become clearer to me in that way.
This might be the scummiest post of the game.

It's untrue that I've barely engaged with Clemency. I have asked him questions earlier, I'm waiting for him to respond. However, I don't really expect a meaningful response - I've played with Clemency in the past, and his posts are noise to me, and I don't recall him ever making a good-faith attempt to engage as town.

For example,
Spoiler:
In post 491, Michael Scott wrote:I mean the answer isn't too hard to think about. Just wanna see you gamesolve, bud
In post 492, Clemency wrote:my methods are an enigma

A small list of things I find scummy, which Clemency did:
> His L-2 vote on me,
inspite
of townreading me, because "when was the last time you saw the first wagon on a >9 player game go through"
> Riling up RC - gamestate manipulation, considering he has history with RC and knows what would happen
> Misrepresentation of self-meta in and

Why do you not find these scummy?
Clemency's YOLO playstyle defies logic. I wouldn't use his reads against him since they don't make sense anyway. If you don't expect a meaningful response it's unlikely you'll get one. I've had Clem in my scumlean file for awhile. I wouldn't oppose his lynch I think there are better candidates. By which I mean Shoshin.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

This is a weird game
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 684, Shoshin wrote:Irrel shouldn't have stoked RC's paranoia about me. Irrel should have had me as null or town, not "ick."
In post 689, Shoshin wrote:Nullscum isn't acceptable for doing nothing. And besides, I'm extremely towny, Auro. I never said I did nothing towny. Why are you making all this crap up about me?
I had you as null, time passed, and it started to feel like you were avoiding the thread. Given your history with both myself and RC, I started to wonder if that was calculated. Thus, “ick”.
In post 695, Auro wrote:
In post 641, Irrelephant11 wrote:I think Shoshin is town
What do you make of her push on you?
What makes you feel she's town?
I believe everything she said in her argument with RC, and like i said I think Shoshin and DT were paranoid about each other being partners with RC with appropriate timing, meaning they’re actually experiencing paranoia. I’ve seen Shoshin’s playstyle and refusal to allow scumreads on her come from town!her, so I don’t scumread those things like other players are. RC scumreading Shoshin is the main thing giving me pause, since he also has familiarity with those parts of her play
In post 699, Shoshin wrote: You're also missing the point, Auro. Irrel isn't confident reading me anymore because last time I was scum he wrongly read me as town (and not only him, everyone in the game basically thought I was the most towny player for the entire game). The point is, Irrel lacks confidence in reading me so his response of calling me "ick" doesn't make any sense. He knows I'm more than capable of towning my slot up as scum so the "ick" thing felt like an attempt to stoke RC's paranoia about me into a potential death tunnel.
Or maybe you make me paranoid now and that’s all there is to it
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Someone who townreads SR, please make a towncase. The slot feels overly self-conscious
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 711, Auro wrote:I'm liking GrandWazoo for town.

Volxen, what's your read on me?
Yeah what are volxen’s reads On anyone?

VOTE: volxen

Return to “Completed Open Games”