Newbie 1920: North America [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 125, scum reading wrote:At this point, I believe the scum-team is formed of 1 inactive player (Seka is the most sus for this slot) and then the other would be a somewhat active player.
Why are you making this assumption btw?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 108, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 101, Zeito wrote:Slightly suspicious of GrandWazoo also, but I don't think scum would have the audacity to pull this:
In post 45, teacher wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.
first in-game town read awarded.
and then both lynch the same player on day 1. (chennisden)
FTR my vote on chennisden was RVS. It remains because I don't care for his halfhearted push on ASC, or for that wagon in general.
@scum he is not, he said it was now an intentional vote. Why are you pushing off Chennis (me and Wazoo)?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by scum reading »

Most of the people talking rn look town to me, I just like to poke people so I get a response. I wanted to tunnel you for a bit because I don’t know how you play. You kind of sound like me when defending and while you look suspicious for your reads, your messages don’t seem scummy to me. You didn’t try to force the game hostage until either one of us gets lynched and you town read me despite me accusing you hard for something that you consider perfectly normal from your point of view. That would generally make people really mad, but you handled my pressure well.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 151, teacher wrote:
In post 108, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 101, Zeito wrote:Slightly suspicious of GrandWazoo also, but I don't think scum would have the audacity to pull this:
In post 45, teacher wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.
first in-game town read awarded.
and then both lynch the same player on day 1. (chennisden)
FTR my vote on chennisden was RVS. It remains because I don't care for his halfhearted push on ASC, or for that wagon in general.
@scum he is not, he said it was now an intentional vote. Why are you pushing off Chennis (me and Wazoo)?
Pushing off chenis? You mean why I don’t want him lynched?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by scum reading »

Wazoo and teacher, are you guys fine with a pressure vote on persivul?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 143, scum reading wrote: game?
I didn’t know if I should mention it or not because this reason is influenced on Teacher’s alignment.[/quote]
Having trouble parsing this sentence. What difference does his alignment make on your observation? Sharing it might help the rest of us sort teacher, and given the pace of the game and likely replacements the more info the better.
But, again, his reads feel forced, I don’t know how to word them. It’s so unnatural, I’ve never seen a town read based on someone mocking and playing with someone’s words, have you?
TBH I thought he was being facetious at first about townreading me, and mockery is NAI from my perspective. Not knowing his playstyle this may be his natural game. In any case I think this is a molehill not a mountain.
@Wazoo are you going to move your rvs vote or are you comfortable with it being on chennis?
I haven't liked anything I've seen from chennisden. Not overtly wolfy but not townish either.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

fucked up formatting somehow sorry
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by scum reading »

So basically, the reason that I’m not advocating for a chennis lynch is because he plays scum EXACTLY as he plays town, he is extra suspicious, lurking (like he is right now) and so I’d rather have an investigative on them because there’s legit no way to read this dude
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by scum reading »

Lynching chennisden day one gives zero information, trust me, he’s one of those players. He’s so suspicious that he would be a safe vote for mafs to jump on his wagon and lynch him and people won’t suspect a thing because he’s that suspicious. That’s why I’d go for someone else
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by scum reading »

This is my new townblock:

Wazoo, teacher, me, asc and zeito, although I’d like more posts from both of them
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by scum reading »

I’m waiting for a few reads from Skell when she has the chance to provide them, until then, I’ll re-read some ISOs and come up with a name to start a wagon on, for now it’s persi though, just so you know
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 157, scum reading wrote:So basically, the reason that I’m not advocating for a chennis lynch is because he plays scum EXACTLY as he plays town, he is extra suspicious, lurking (like he is right now) and so I’d rather have an investigative on them because there’s legit no way to read this dude
We might not have an investigative (jk/doc) and a person like that shouldn’t survive til lylo. Jus sayin.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by scum reading »

You’re right, it’s just that I feel like the day will be wasted if we lynch him lol

VOTE: chennisden
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by chennisden »

thoughts:

scum reading is town

teacher actually leans town for me, but this is very subject to change

skellen is obvtown, but dangerous if scum - i recommend we pay attention to this slot

I don't like Wazoo's slot, he seems to know a lot more than he should
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by chennisden »

Sorry for the lurking - I have the AIME I to prep for on Wed, which is why I haven't really been as active
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 158, scum reading wrote:Lynching chennisden day one gives zero information, trust me, he’s one of those players. He’s so suspicious that he would be a safe vote for mafs to jump on his wagon and lynch him and people won’t suspect a thing because he’s that suspicious. That’s why I’d go for someone else
Scumreading seems like he wants to prevent my mislynch, but then he switches to voting me very fast.

Shady shady

His point is quite valid though.
In post 161, teacher wrote:
In post 157, scum reading wrote:So basically, the reason that I’m not advocating for a chennis lynch is because he plays scum EXACTLY as he plays town, he is extra suspicious, lurking (like he is right now) and so I’d rather have an investigative on them because there’s legit no way to read this dude
We might not have an investigative (jk/doc) and a person like that shouldn’t survive til lylo. Jus sayin.
Trying to work on that - I'm a newish player so I have a couple kinks in my gameplay to figure out as town.

And also I might be an easy mislynch during D1 but keep in mind I'm also an easy mislynch during LyLo

If you're gonna lynch me, do it when it has least bad impact and reveals the most information
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by scum reading »

That wasn’t fast. I have gathered information for this day, I don’t know how it could progress further. I have estabilished my town block already. A lynch on you is the safest one and let me tell you why:

1. If you are scum, we lynch scum (200iq plays)
2. If you are town, we get rid of you now so that you won’t be an easy mislynch in a 3v2 situation. I’ve noticed you tend to be more confident in your reads late-game, but for today, we have to get rid of you for the reasons I mentioned. I’ve seen this post in a game of mine which I find interesting “Town has to get rid of the scummiest townies and scum have to get rid of the towniest townies” . That no lynch followed by a vote is suspicious though, so at least we aren’t lynching you for nothing. Plus, how convenient you come here rn as I’m pushing you, were you active lurking?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by chennisden »

no, I just went on this thread
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by scum reading »

It’s not shady, I’m just a really indecisive person and I like to be as transparent as possible. I advocated for you not getting lynched in my first posts as well, I still stand by it, but regardless of the flip, I think this is the most beneficial lynch at the moment. Sorry, chennis :(
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by chennisden »

VOTE: scum reading

Advocating policy is something scum does.

Finding and lynching scum is something town does.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by chennisden »

Also scum, regardless of your alignment, no offense taken.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by scum reading »

Well, your no-lynch followed by a stacked up vote in rvs is considered scum hunting, isn’t it?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by scum reading »

Although, I’m interested to see some reads from you and I’ll give it a thought if I have enough energy to lead a wagon on lurkers given that there are only 3 active people at the moment
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 154, scum reading wrote:Wazoo and teacher, are you guys fine with a pressure vote on persivul?
Announcing a pressure vote ahead of time kinda defeats the purpose. Vote or vote not.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Skellen »

Good lord, so much to catch up.
In post 112, teacher wrote: As I stated, I kinda liked Sekaedy's imitation of Zeito's wording, which did seem off to me as well. The fact that it mirrored it so soon after made me feel Sekaedy was reading and paying attention. Its not a full townread, but the motives for that wording are +town.
As this thing has become an unexpected big issue: What seemed so off about Zeito's wording? I understood it that he wanted to position himself against you with his vote as he didn't liked your "Why not a joke?" post. And why would it be town-indicating that Sekaedy mirrored it? For all we know he might have just looked at the last vote before him and copied the statement without much thought. And what is the consequence out of it? Would it imply scum motivation behind Zeito's original statement, hence Seakedy would have noticed it and is mocking Zeito? I am actually lost at the meaning of the mocking part.

I am actually on this one with SR. I agree with you that single posts can be alignment indicative, but this particular post/statement is too far of a stretch in my eyes.

PEdit: What!? Page 7? Yeah, I am stuck in the past, just deal with it that I am not up to date yet, guys. I will just post in between.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”