He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:01 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

lol

I could have just lynched him or w/e

I'm not scum I doubt I do that reversal as scum since it'll only get me scumread

But if I did I certainly got the claim first ;)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I don't see any scum anywhere in this game. :(

If the scum could please just indicate who they are with some kind of identifying avatar or sign signifying their alliance, that would be great. K THX.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 am

I am not scum bb
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 64, Demigodrick wrote:Formerfish - some gentle poking, null read maybe town so far.
Above is the first mention of me.
Below is the second.
In post 163, Demigodrick wrote:
In post 108, Formerfish wrote:
Hearthstone
Demi: Ditto to what I said about MaryJo here as well.

Not loving this slot and its mkm tunnel. The reaction to RC is suspect to me as well, feels timid. And a reads list on page 3 is try hard. Scummy.
I will touch on try harding in the next bit. For now, lets look at the MKM tunnel.
In post 115, Formerfish wrote: Votes mkm. I can dig it.
Not sure i like how quickly you back off mkm when he openly stated he got nervous about what to say because when you start to unravel things that dont make sense they look like scum. He's right. Thats the whole point of this game is to unravel the string of lynches in our favor. I also can't be mad at you for jumping onto Demi, I just wonder why when they seem fine to link themselves together almost. Are you not suspicious of mkm anymore?

Townlean.
So, you question GuiltyLion for backing off MKM quickly, and give a small overview of what you would expect him to be doing, i.e unravelling the string, and yet when
I
do this,
I
am scummy? This seems a contradiction in what you are saying, and I am accused as scummy while GuiltyLion is town for backing off and switching his vote? Hmm. I don't like this at all.

In post 116, Formerfish wrote: High scum equity based off personal replacement stats, among other things, and I want to see something.
I literally have no idea what you mean by this above sentence. You put me at L-1 here for personal stats and "other things"? Just seems scummy now.
Im not getting what equivalence you are trying to create between my read on you and on GL. Can you lay that our fuller so I can understand what you are talking about?

And with the vote sentence you could have asked what it meant, you didnt, if you didnt understand it. I do appreciate the attempt to discredit my reasons by misstating them though, thats refreshing.

I find it funny that between his absurdly early read of me as town and his scum read of me later on there was no thought progression on my slot. I was town and then I was scum. I wonder what happened in the middle that might have done that? Oh yeah, probably me scum reading him.
In post 345, Demigodrick wrote:my two scummiest reads (FF, GL)
You dedicated a whole wall post to explaining why you think GL is scum, yet you threw in half a post towards me and most of it was aTe. And this post ends with you saying the scum team is Me and GL, or Maryjo, or CC.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 347, ThatOneMedic wrote:I don't think I said that "even if you posted something town, I could see it being scum POV". I believe I said that there was a block of four posts you made a while back that I didn't like overall but had a couple of points that came off as super townie, so it threw my read off.
I read that line too and it felt off to me, obviously after that explanation I know why. At least I'm not the only one hes misrepping.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 351, MaryJoLisa wrote:I don't see any scum anywhere in this game. :(

If the scum could please just indicate who they are with some kind of identifying avatar or sign signifying their alliance, that would be great. K THX.
If you are v/la i would hope to see you use your limited time to make better posts than this.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
redMeow
redMeow
Townie
redMeow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 am

Post by redMeow »

In post 348, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I was scum I'd have 180ed after we got the claim ftr
Does someone mind to translate this for me?
What's ftr and which claim are you referring to?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 356, redMeow wrote:
In post 348, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I was scum I'd have 180ed after we got the claim ftr
Does someone mind to translate this for me?
What's ftr and which claim are you referring to?
RC is on somewhere, im sure he could elaborate. If he doesnt want to I think I have a good grasp on it.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:47 am

I'm busy I'll do this tomorrow
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:31 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.12Image

MaryJoLisa (1)
Demigodrick (3)

RadiantCowbells (2)
, ,
GuiltyLion (2)
, ,
Not Voting (1)

Day one deadline is Sunday March 24, 9 PM PST. (expired on 2019-03-24 21:00:00)

Prodding GuiltyLion

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
redMeow
redMeow
Townie
redMeow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am

Post by redMeow »

What bugs me is MJL's reaction lately:

I can't get over how you want(ed) to give away the responsibility as easily. (rephrased: "I'll wait and follow you")
Yes, following an experienced player might be a good choice. But this is too easy and way to passive for me.
After you weren't satisfied with RC's analysis of me and him admitting not knowing what's going on, you basically pointed fingers towards him.

Other than that I'm getting insecure with my vote again aswell because RC is plain out admitting insecurity.
He's now swaying around (yet again)… I dunno what I think of that? Pointing fingers at the experienced players now, kind of giving up his leads, that we've been waiting for?
Or giving away the lead in general?

RC being quite jumpy there with his reads on people which apparently suddenly re-developed goes perfectly with my very early impression of RC: claiming "xx is town/scummy" but not adding too much reasoning again.
Basically he's doing the same again, basically I have no idea what to think about it - again.

I'm tempted though to change my vote to MJL, although she's kinda agreeing with me on what I said about RC in #344, but in the very same the post in general she's so demanding. Like expecting RC to solve it all on page 3, only relying on his impressions, giving away responsibility while expressing disappointment into RC's read… I don't feel good about that.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 360, redMeow wrote:What bugs me is MJL's reaction lately:

I can't get over how you want(ed) to give away the responsibility as easily. (rephrased: "I'll wait and follow you")
Yes, following an experienced player might be a good choice. But this is too easy and way to passive for me.
After you weren't satisfied with RC's analysis of me and him admitting not knowing what's going on, you basically pointed fingers towards him.

Other than that I'm getting insecure with my vote again aswell because RC is plain out admitting insecurity.
He's now swaying around (yet again)… I dunno what I think of that? Pointing fingers at the experienced players now, kind of giving up his leads, that we've been waiting for?
Or giving away the lead in general?

RC being quite jumpy there with his reads on people which apparently suddenly re-developed goes perfectly with my very early impression of RC: claiming "xx is town/scummy" but not adding too much reasoning again.
Basically he's doing the same again, basically I have no idea what to think about it - again.

I'm tempted though to change my vote to MJL, although she's kinda agreeing with me on what I said about RC in #344, but in the very same the post in general she's so demanding. Like expecting RC to solve it all on page 3, only relying on his impressions, giving away responsibility while expressing disappointment into RC's read… I don't feel good about that.
RC is not, in my experience, a wavy kind of person. Maybe someone who knows good examples of his game style as town or mafia can direct me to some reading material. From my limited exposure, RC strikes me as the kind of person who puts their money where their mouth is and I'm not seeing that here.

He's got tons of experience so I was like, yeah, I'll wait for RC to wave his hands and make redMeow crumble, but all that happened was that he discovered that you've got a mild language barrier.

We're almost 8 days into a 10 day phase and I've got nothing. I think we need to make *a* lynch, any lynch, and RC doesn't feel like he's RC'ing it up this game. I see no recognizable radiance nor any cowbells in his play. Clearly Clarity and MKM are coasting under the radar, but I don't know their game style to know if this is just how they play or if one or both of them aren't chatting it up in the mafia thread.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:40 pm

:(
ThatOneMedic
ThatOneMedic
Goon
ThatOneMedic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by ThatOneMedic »

Went and read some of MJL's past games and at least her passive style seems to be pretty consistent.

But yeah. This game needs to speed up. There's been a lack of any sort of contention so far and I'm not sure whether or not that's a result of who's currently being voted
or just the fact that half of the player list hasn't been consistently talking.

Going to pose some questions to the general group.
I want everyone here to answer these in your next post
no exceptions
I don't mean to discourage people from posting with a homework assignment but people need to come out of the woodwork with some real opinions
SO

1. What have you been paying the most attention to this game?
2. Why should I believe that you're town?
3. What's the scummiest thing that your top townread has done?
4. What's the towniest thing that your top scumread has done?
5. What have you noticed so far this game that nobody else has mentioned?
6. How do you feel about your play overall this game?

Also this is a bit of a nitpick but I'd prefer if someone other than RC answered these first.
ThatOneMedic
ThatOneMedic
Goon
ThatOneMedic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by ThatOneMedic »

I want everyone to answer those in your next post

singling it out because it was kind of missable
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:38 pm

I don't scumread MJLs vote on me.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 363, ThatOneMedic wrote:Went and read some of MJL's past games and at least her passive style seems to be pretty consistent.

But yeah. This game needs to speed up. There's been a lack of any sort of contention so far and I'm not sure whether or not that's a result of who's currently being voted
or just the fact that half of the player list hasn't been consistently talking.

Going to pose some questions to the general group.
I want everyone here to answer these in your next post
no exceptions
I don't mean to discourage people from posting with a homework assignment but people need to come out of the woodwork with some real opinions
SO

Also this is a bit of a nitpick but I'd prefer if someone other than RC answered these first.
Uh fuck yeah exceptions! You don't actually get to assign homework assignments. You may ask me if I would mind answering those questions, or you may suggest to me that it would be great if I would do that, but you don't really get to order me around. :mad:
ThatOneMedic
ThatOneMedic
Goon
ThatOneMedic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by ThatOneMedic »

alright then
I believe it would be immensely helpful if everyone could make an effort to answer those questions in their next post
but obviously I can't directly control that
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:51 pm

MJL I'll say something to you soon
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm

I'll say more, but

I'm inconsistent. I have some of the highest highs of any mafia player but I also have lows. I can link you tons of games where I've struggled as town. If anything I'm less likely to play like this as scum because as scum I just need a mislynch to happen. This isn't scum indicative for me
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 367, ThatOneMedic wrote:alright then
I believe it would be immensely helpful if everyone could make an effort to answer those questions in their next post
but obviously I can't directly control that
Thank you. I appreciate that.

RadiantCowbells.

You shouldn't believe anyone is town and objectively speaking, I haven't done anything townish this game.

Offer me his pinkies. The next scummiest thing he did was weak read everyone else when I know his skill level is much better than that.

Offer me his pinkies. What kind of scum does that? The next towniest thing he did was stop me from hammering Godrick when he could have been like, "MJL! This is the time! Do it!" The heat would have gone on me any which way you look at it.

Godrick's entrance was a little scummy. newb scummy, tmi stuff. Yours too.

My play sucks this game!
ThatOneMedic
ThatOneMedic
Goon
ThatOneMedic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by ThatOneMedic »

Thanks. Sorry if the initial post came across as pushy.
People are kind of drifting in and out, so I wanted to make sure everyone who stops by at least tries to address it while they're here.
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Miss Kobayashi Maru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Miss Kobayashi Maru »

I'll be on V/LA until the 25th, my apologies.

I'm on a short trip and thought I'd be more available during it than a normal workweek, and it's turning out to be the opposite. Catching up now and should be somewhat available in evenings at least.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:07 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa :(
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry about the prod, I am here and catching up now
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”