Newbie 1925 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:55 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 304, TTTT wrote:lynchpool:
Clarity
Noodle
ASC
Sash

those top two should be priority wagons/sorts rn
@teacher
to what extent do you agree with this pool?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 am

Post by TTTT »

unofficial VC
zeebu (2) -
wilky, Schiavetto
TTTT (2) -
zeebu, ClearlyClairty
Sashaddin (2) -
JPD, teacher
ClearlyClariry (1) -
TTTT

Not Voting (2) -
TheASC, Sashaddin

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-04-15 17:35:00).

3 days left and it feels like nobody is even pushing anything
ASC and Sash not voting = BAD
Schiav still on zeebu wagon but not pushing that lynch = BAD
Zeebu and Clarity voting me when I'm obv not the lynch today = BAD
*BAD means anti-town not necessarily scum so let's not start an argument about the above plz

the current game-state is hugely advantageous to scum
as they will get to guide a EoD consensus lynch
town starts the game with an info disadvantage and we failed to lessen that gap due to inactivity
town needs to step up
re-read
move votes
do SOMETHING
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 am

Post by TTTT »

I have some time this morning so here goes...
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 326, TTTT wrote:zeebu (2) - wilky, Schiavetto
@Schiav
is this still your top Scumread?
you voted Zeebu in
but haven't pushed Zeebu at all
or advocated for that lynch
in fact, you interacted twice with Zeebu ( & ) in ways that don't look like you SR him
then asked everyone who wasn't voting Zeebu to make a case on their preferred counterwagon () ???
then haven't said anything about Zeebu since
while starting to latch on others' low-key shade on me
if you flip scum it looks like Zeebu is your partner
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:28 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 326, TTTT wrote:TTTT (2) - zeebu, ClearlyClairty
@Zeebu
your vote on me is from (reasons given in )
but you never try to push my lynch directly
was weird coming from town who isn't really pushing his SR
in you say you are "sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt"
other than that nothing pushing others to vote for me
or any re-evaluations of your read on me
like I've posted a billion times this game but you aren't replying to me like you think I'm scum
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:29 am

Post by TTTT »

a billion times = 79/329 posts in this game
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:30 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 200, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 184, zeebu wrote:even though tttt had been the loudest voice in my favor, i think he also stands the most to gain if i am mislynched on day 1
That's true — no matter what alignment TTTT is, he gets towncred for opposing your lynch. Do you read him as scum or town, then?
@teacher
you see how this is likely scum right?
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 am

Post by zeebu »

In post 329, TTTT wrote:
@Zeebu
like I've posted a billion times this game but you aren't replying to me like you think I'm scum
i sort of assumed others would start to hop on the votes once everyone started finding you on the scummier end of their totem poles.

i liked your previous post on schiavetto though, especially pointing to the part about vetto (trying out a new nick) asking everyone to choose someone else. now that you said it i can see how you can push the final part of that narrative about schiavetto and i working together. its not accurate, but i can see it.

as far as reevaluating my original read on you, maybe a little. the fact that youve come up on the scum radar with so many but still with little game progression as a whole is a point in your favor i think.

we need to hear more from asc and we definitely need to hear... literally anything... from wilky.

sasha hasnt done anything of substance since unvoting me and even then still holding on to the cryptic response. i think he needs to spill the beans since it can only help town at this point.

clearlyclarity has probably leapfrogged to my strongest scumread. aside from not posting for a bit for personal reasons, the last real post had a 'pissed off' vibe to it.

so far i havent found anything particularly scummy about jpd and teacher. JPDs has had a vote on sash for a while and teacher just threw a vote on wilky for a push for activity i guess.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:11 am

Post by teacher »

In post 325, TTTT wrote:
Clarity
Noodle
ASC
Sash

@teacher
to what extent do you agree with this pool?
Pretty good. As you know, I would add one and change the order, but I I think my own views right now are less important than momentum, given the deadline and Gamestayed and weekend.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:36 am

Post by zeebu »

bah, sorry teacher, inability to read. your vote is on shasha now.

VOTE: clearlyclarity

might as well back up what i said with a vote
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:40 am

Post by zeebu »

dont mind me, waffling on who to vote for. this is probably the best way to get a deeper explanation on what sasha was waiting for

VOTE: sasha
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.11
Sashaddin (3) -
JPD, teacher, zeebu
zeebu (2) -
wilky, Schiavetto
TTTT (1) -
ClearlyClairty
ClearlyClariry (1) -
TTTT

Not Voting (2) -
TheASC, Sashaddin

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-04-15 17:35:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:58 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 245, TTTT wrote:@ASC
why aren't you voting?
Not confident in any of my scum reads at the moment. I know I
should
vote
someone
for pressure, but I'm struggling to decide who to go for and feel like I need a large amount of evidence/reasoning before I feel comfortable voting now that we're out of RVS.

In post 247, JPD wrote:Aight, some real life stuff overran and I only just got home. Gonna spend an hour on here before I head to bed. I'll try to make my way through all that's been posted since I've been gone.

I'll answer Shiavetto's question first.
In post 189, Schiavetto wrote: If you had to build a counterwagon against zeebu, on a player other than the one you're currently lynching, who would it be? Please provide two details to support your thinking, and remember to explain your reasoning.
My read on Sasha isn't a particularly strong one, certainly not something I'd consider lynching him over at the moment but that could change.

1)
Sasha hasn't done any active scum hunting. Of his 38 posts he has asked only two questions ( and ) neither of which I would consider helpful for scumhunting. His other posts have reiterated something someone else has already said (, , , , and ).

2)
He said in post that he thought the scum was in the pool of lurkers. This feels like an excuse to not bother scumhunting, especially given he hadn't even made an attempt to pressure the active players before declaring this.

3)
His logic for jumping on the Zeebu bandwagon is inconsistent. When I pressured him on it he mentioned as special 'something' that he can't talk about. I'm not a fan of this. It derails discussion as suddenly we can't ask him (or anyone else who talks about the 'something') any questions about something they've done which was kind of suspect. He jumped on the bandwagon due to post which he described as "strong" but wasn't in my opnion. This 'something' better be bloody good for him to suddenly change his mind. Evidence

4)
He is very reluctant to share any information. He posted his reads list and Teacher and I both had to prod to twice to get him to share his reasoning ( and , and ). Even then his reasoning was either week, or still not revealed fully. It feels like he posted his reads and had to come up with reasons after the fact. This 'something' is another example of that.

Some of this is a bit of a stretch, or could just be interpeted differently but I think Sasha would be my best candidate for a lynch right now (if I wanted to lynch someone right now, which I don't). Possibly TTTT as an alternative but I don't have reasons for that beyond his play seeming off when compared to my metadive. I'll look into that a bit more and see if I can put the feeling in to words.
I agree RE: Sasha, the play reminds me very much of me in my scumgame. Admittedly I'm not playing too differently to that atm but hopefully I'll improve as the game continues.

In post 275, TTTT wrote:this game is way too inactive...

so plz answer a couple questions:
what time zone do you live in?
when are you most likely to be active?
do you usually phone post or computer post?
England, GMT+1
Usually ~7-8pm GMT
Almost always computer post.

In post 305, Schiavetto wrote:ZoL & I mod the same chat-based maf community, of which TheASC is a member
For people who read or were in my previous game, this is the same group that I knew Zeito from.

Clarity
Noodle
ASC
Sash

For the most part I agree with this. Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 55, ZestOfLife wrote:Ah I missed gamestart I blame timezones :neutral:

Reading through the game gives me conflicting thoughts in my head. I am seeing ASC either being paranoid town or him trying to make himself look townie (Schia mentions this in his ).

I just don't understand the people who oppose L-1 early game, is it bad to pressure someone this way?
In post 145, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 142, TTTT wrote:why do you dislike the wagon
I'm growing wary of one of the people on the wagon. It might not be 100% town. I know an all-town rarely happens anyways... but ...
I might have some free time at work to check this out further, I will have a clearer head than yesterday evening.
In post 218, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 202, ClearlyClarity wrote:Don't want to derail whatever this is, but fwiw I'm townreading both of you and I'm excited to see what answers would come from this.
Me too, but right now I'm not having the
something
I was waiting for so far. Which means my guesses might have been wrong...
In post 332, zeebu wrote:
In post 329, TTTT wrote:
@Zeebu

sasha hasnt done anything of substance since unvoting me and even then still holding on to the cryptic response. i think he needs to spill the beans since it can only help town at this point.[/url] had a 'pissed off' vibe to it.

so far i havent found anything particularly scummy about jpd and teacher. JPDs has had a vote on sash for a while and teacher just threw a vote on wilky for a push for activity i guess.
So my 'something' was me suspecting Zest would jump off the wagon. Unfortunately, he replaced immediately after so I couldn't verify if his logic was consistent. I thought the replacement would maybe take this path too, but it hasn't happened that way.

Sorry about my inaction, it's a busy moment at work and I'm tired as hell this week, my brain has less power to compute mafia situations.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Sashaddin »

I think Zeebu's would be a good counter-wagon to mine.
VOTE: Zeebu
I still doubt the guy.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 181, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 180, teacher wrote:
I think Sasha and I have the same thing we are waiting
on Zeebu's wagon to see. If Im right, that would go along way to answering JPD's case on Sasha for me. But I agree
it cant be discussed at the moment
Can we know what was related to me and wagon now?
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 337, TheASC wrote:Not confident in any of my scum reads at the moment. I know I should vote someone for pressure, but I'm struggling to decide who to go for and feel like I need a large amount of evidence/reasoning before I feel comfortable voting now that we're out of RVS.
Zeebu for pressure.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 337, TheASC wrote:For the most part I agree with this. Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
What do you think towny about Zeebu?
TheASC
TheASC
Goon
TheASC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am

Post by TheASC »

In post 342, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 337, TheASC wrote:For the most part I agree with this. Teacher, zeebu and JPD are my strongest trs currently.
What do you think towny about Zeebu?
In post 182, zeebu wrote:is it something that i am supposed to do or someone else?
In post 215, zeebu wrote:is it fair to say that the general consensus is that one of either tttt or i are likely to be scum?
In post 238, zeebu wrote:alright, now im sensing some distancing between clarity and tttt. something about their interactions, unless just retaliatory, hit a chord with me. im still safely under the gun at the moment, so a vote on tttt is certainly a safe move and doubles as allowing cc to get a vote down (as asc pointed out) with little consequence since it doesnt really do anything for the game.
He reacted well despite spending multiple real life days at L-1 and has been constantly asking questions to advance the state of the game, as well as his knowledge of the game, since he subbed in.
No Setup:
Here are numerous abilities allowing you to deduce the numerous mafia members hidden among you and protect others.

TheASC:
hehe love <3
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:48 am

Post by wilky »

Been a really long day for me, worked 6am - 5.30 pm then done a 400 mile drive afterwards. I've quickly skimmed the thread and will do a more in depth post tomorrow morning.

Zeebu and the asc are town.

Jpd is probably my biggest scum read atm but I'm not voting until the morning when I can get a better read and properly collect my thoughts.

Sasha has looked scummy in some posts I skimmed through but I think Sasha is mislymch bait in general.

UNVOTE:
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Schiavetto »

In post 328, TTTT wrote:
In post 326, TTTT wrote:zeebu (2) - wilky, Schiavetto
@Schiav
is this still your top Scumread?
a

you voted Zeebu in
but haven't pushed Zeebu at all
or advocated for that lynch
in fact, you interacted twice with Zeebu ( & ) in ways that don't look like you SR him
then asked everyone who wasn't voting Zeebu to make a case on their preferred counterwagon () ???
then haven't said anything about Zeebu since
while starting to latch on others' low-key shade on me
b

if you flip scum it looks like Zeebu is your partner
c
a. He was never my top scumread, though I see how you could have gotten that impression.
b. I don't know what's been "low-key" about it (I'll also add that shade is thrown, not latched onto); I feel I've been pretty open. Is it too much to imagine, though, that multiple people could arrive at the opinion that your gameplay's been sus w/o one of those people being scum manufacturing a read? o:
c. The partner read is a stretch and, if I'm being honest, feels even more strained in the context of you fishing for Bostonians based on an avatar.

I'm fine hopping off of Zeeb here, though, if that's what you're getting at.
VOTE: TheASC
Rise & shine, pal.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 345, Schiavetto wrote:He was never my top scumread, though I see how you could have gotten that impression.
who was your top SR during the time you were voting zeebu
and why didn't you voice this top SR when zeebu was being wagoned?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 345, Schiavetto wrote:Is it too much to imagine, though, that multiple people could arrive at the opinion that your gameplay's been sus w/o one of those people being scum manufacturing a read? o:
I expect suspicion about my play
it's suspicious when someone isn't suspicious
not sure why you think I SR everyone who questions my gameplay
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by TTTT »

Schiav