Micro 865 Discussion Thread.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Korina »

Also, preliminary thoughts on the scumteam before page 2:
Spoiler:
Ausuka and Brie

I also don't wanna know if this is right or not, (I really don't want access to the scum pt, I'd have to actually try to be helpful then), when I can do it in here for everyone to see!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Korina »

Also pageget
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 21, TemporalLich wrote:Alright that makes sense I guess.

Shotgun Readlist (don't trust this as we're still in the random stage)

Townlean
: Buki (town leader-esque in )
NAIlean
: Clemency ( isn't even a RVS vote), podoboq (was mainly SRed for which is unfair)
Scumlean
: Ausuka ( is forced AF), TheBrie ( isn't that scummy which makes look scummy)

The rest are neutral of course.
Honestly, I agree with this readlist atm.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 21, TemporalLich wrote:
Scumlean
: Ausuka
rethink this
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 23, Buki wrote:
In post 21, TemporalLich wrote:
Scumlean
: TheBrie ( isn't that scummy which makes look scummy)
I know it's a RVS list but like, do you think that Brie voting Clemency for not having voted on anyone in their post is actually something negative?

I feel like it can go really either way, and if it's to think of the negative side, a better argument would be that she could be trying to look townie with an attempt to get out of RVS
--------------------

By the way I've been thinking. This game has a pretty interesting but confusing concept.

You may think it would be better for us to be able to consult more people to base our reads on, however as people disagree there in the MD thread, you end up thinking:

"But who of they is the best in reading X player?"

"But should I consider their read more important than mine just because looking in the past, they have read X better than me?"

And in the end...I think I'll not rely in the MD thread as much as I thought I would, except for cases where X person has a creative and fresh perspective about something or X person can read X player very well. In that case I might entertain it a bit.

Anyway, I recommend everyone to do more or less the same. It's not ignoring the MD but yeah, it can get confusing if we begin considering every little thing that happens there.
My biggest thing is that I'm kinda gonna ignore everyone else in the thread, unless someone posts something I really find of note. Otherwise, I'm gonna avoid just talking to others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 20, Creature wrote:Hopefully NMSA doesn't throw the game again.
Was just kidding about this ^_^
Sigh
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 24, Buki wrote:
In post 29, Korina wrote: My biggest thing is that I'm kinda gonna ignore everyone else in the thread, unless someone posts something I really find of note. Otherwise, I'm gonna avoid just talking to others.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Actually screw what I just said

After Korina made the above post quoting me, I'm finding fun the fact that you can pseudo talk with non-players

I'm not sure how much balanced that is, but it's fun
I agree, it's honestly really fun to be able to pseduo-talk with people in the game. It's probably not really that balanced over all, however, I feel like if you get enough people in here, it'll ultimately balance itself out. There will be some people who'll act purely as a pro-town player, some who'll act as a mixed bag, and some who'll act as a pro-scum player. I feel like the game will create a second game of mafia in here without roles as people kinda debate what side everyone is trying to help.

My other thing is that I'm waiting on seeing if DDL says that players can join the scum PT and forsake the ability to post in here. If that becomes a thing, then I'd assume that it's probably a bit safer to trust stuff coming in here as being from people looking at the game from a pro-town pov. I feel like most of the people who'd want to help the scum would join the scum PT and then they wouldn't be posting in here.

However, if that becomes a thing, then it's probably more worthwhile to go with what you said unless someone proves to be totally on town's side. If that's the case, and someone does, then I'd say it's worth taking their POV into account on certain things as well, but not letting it become everything you focus on. I also agree with the point of using people who bring an interesting perspective to the table, but I'd urge caution that it could be someone trying to help scum.

That's all I gotta say on the matter unless someone wants to post more about it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Korina »

I also agree with your point on the MD in general Buki, however, I'd say once again, players who prove to be trying to help town in general, should have perspectives taken into account. Otherwise, basically ignoring the MD is really a good idea IMO.

I personally would take a look to see what people are thinking about the game and see where that goes every once in a while unless there's players who can honestly be a really great addition for town.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Buki’s probably a PR
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by ofrhz »

NMSA is town!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

finally a game I can give my thoughts on without judgement for how useless I am
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3, podoboq wrote:I’m sheeping Dannflor and RC
VOTE: TheBrie
In post 4, Buki wrote:Hm
there's some new faces here
VOTE: Umlaut
Scum.
In post 5, TemporalLich wrote:If by land this post exists, we're still in the random stage.
VOTE: YyottaCat
If I'm wrong about one of the two, this would be the partner.
In post 7, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: podoboq
In post 12, NotMySpamAccount wrote:VOTE: TL even when you're town, you're scum
In post 13, Clemency wrote:howdy cowboys and cowgirls
Town.
In post 17, TheBrie wrote:
In post 6, podoboq wrote:
In post 4, Buki wrote:there's some new faces here
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
Long ago experience. Unless you have an alt I don't know about. But it was one of my best games.
Clemency only said Howdy.
VOTE: Clemency
Off to work now. Much work.
Town, but going to be mislynched before the end of the game. :shifty:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You see, I came here from the ToS Forum Mafia section. For about a year I played Mafia on that forum, and by the end I was without a doubt the most skilled active player there. Eventually the disparity was so vast that I had to be banned to keep things fair for the rest of the players (officially it was for abrasiveness, as many of their players suffer from SSS and my personality conflicted with that).

Anyway, I always claim day one (and yes it was serious, for those that didn't understand that), and press others for their claims. I do this for the purpose of analyzing the behavior of others to determine if they are scum or town. Already I'm picking apart your posts and those of others for a level of analysis that is probably higher than you could comprehend.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 16, Irrelephant11 wrote:I have a feeling nobody will take me up on my offer
they should!
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 am

Post by Dr Worm »

In post 37, RadiantCowbells wrote:You see, I came here from the ToS Forum Mafia section. For about a year I played Mafia on that forum, and by the end I was without a doubt the most skilled active player there. Eventually the disparity was so vast that I had to be banned to keep things fair for the rest of the players (officially it was for abrasiveness, as many of their players suffer from SSS and my personality conflicted with that).

Anyway, I always claim day one (and yes it was serious, for those that didn't understand that), and press others for their claims. I do this for the purpose of analyzing the behavior of others to determine if they are scum or town. Already I'm picking apart your posts and those of others for a level of analysis that is probably higher than you could comprehend.
COWBALLS IS A JAMES ALT!! DR WORM KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!
Dr Worm
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
Dr Worm
NOT A REAL DOCTOR
NOT A REAL DOCTOR

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Dr Worm »

SCRUMTEM is TEMPORARYLEACH and THEBREAD!!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I hard claim jester
VOTE: mhsmith0
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 35, Chemist1422 wrote:finally a game I can give my thoughts on without judgement for how useless I am
:P
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 31, Korina wrote:I agree, it's honestly really fun to be able to pseduo-talk with people in the game. It's probably not really that balanced over all, however, I feel like if you get enough people in here, it'll ultimately balance itself out. There will be some people who'll act purely as a pro-town player, some who'll act as a mixed bag, and some who'll act as a pro-scum player. I feel like the game will create a second game of mafia in here without roles as people kinda debate what side everyone is trying to help.

My other thing is that I'm waiting on seeing if DDL says that players can join the scum PT and forsake the ability to post in here. If that becomes a thing, then I'd assume that it's probably a bit safer to trust stuff coming in here as being from people looking at the game from a pro-town pov. I feel like most of the people who'd want to help the scum would join the scum PT and then they wouldn't be posting in here.

However, if that becomes a thing, then it's probably more worthwhile to go with what you said unless someone proves to be totally on town's side. If that's the case, and someone does, then I'd say it's worth taking their POV into account on certain things as well, but not letting it become everything you focus on. I also agree with the point of using people who bring an interesting perspective to the table, but I'd urge caution that it could be someone trying to help scum.

That's all I gotta say on the matter unless someone wants to post more about it.
This is a post just to be posting
VOTE: Korina
I feel good about this push
join me sheeple
Show
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

lowkey dislike 44/45 in the game thread

When a vote feels like an afterthought it’s not a good sign
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 37, RadiantCowbells wrote:You see, I came here from the ToS Forum Mafia section. For about a year I played Mafia on that forum, and by the end I was without a doubt the most skilled active player there. Eventually the disparity was so vast that I had to be banned to keep things fair for the rest of the players (officially it was for abrasiveness, as many of their players suffer from SSS and my personality conflicted with that).

is this a copy pasta
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:36 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Everyone tryharding on page 2 of this thread is a wolf :shifty:

also
In post 45, Dannflor wrote:

is this a copy pasta
is a fake busywork question
Show
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:38 am

Post by schadd_ »

In post 44, Chemist1422 wrote:lowkey dislike 44/45 in the game thread

When a vote feels like an afterthought it’s not a good sign
shes town
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Korina »

In post 27, YyottaCat wrote:Because that loks like an excuse(#25)……………VOTE: Clemency
???
This vote doesn't make sense to me. I could see it being RVS, but... even then... like... wtf?
In post 29, Clemency wrote:hey discussion thread
you smell lol
I actually do lol. I need to take a shower.
In post 30, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 28, Clemency wrote:an excuse for what lol
Guess.
This feels scummy af to me, and I don't like it!
In post 34, TheBrie wrote:It's funny to see the wildly different reads in the discussion thread. They're probably unbiased, but also not subject to in game pressure, so they don't have to temper anything or be serious.
Compare Mastina and Korina.
What about us?
In post 38, podoboq wrote:
In post 24, Korina wrote:
In post 6, podoboq wrote:
In post 4, Buki wrote:there's some new faces here
The only players I have any experience with in here are TemporalLich, Umlaut, and TheBrie.
What does this mean for the people in the game/us in the discussion thread?
Meta. It informs how I read certain people. I see people rely on metagame a lot of the time here, and it's just something I don't do, because I don't play enough with people to have the ability to do it. I like to clarify that at the start, because it has a tendency to make me an odd one out.
Ah, that's fair then.
In post 41, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, YyottaCat wrote:Because that loks like an excuse(#25)……………VOTE: Clemency
This looks so transparently scummy that I think it's probably town.
Why?
In post 48, Buki wrote:It's not really no reason but yeah, kind of a slippery rope.

VOTE: NMSA

I think this is the true most scum equity slot right now, he came to the thread and even with all this early discussion he simply goes off to make a fluff post
Honestly agreeing on this.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:25 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I continue to feel excellent about my vote, anyone who wishes to join me for GREATER GLORY should do so
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”