Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Official Vote Count 1.05

Melbourne comedy festival: comedians pick their own best jokes of 2019 - surprisingly, some are funny. The jokes that is. Maybe the people are as well.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Exilon
(2): Not_Mafia, wilky
Moomn
(2): Voted, Exilon
Voted
(2): Gimm1ck, Moomn
wilky
(1): PvtUrist

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Baezu

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes:

Nothing that I post is necessarily something Plotinus found online, but they could be, and that's what matters.
Baezu1 has been prodded. She has (expired on 2019-04-17 23:40:00) to post before I start looking for a replacement.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Baezu »

Will read this game in the morning!
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Froce »

From what I have so far I don't protest a wilky lynch, we should see if he has any sort of defense he can pull up. He has to start doing it soon.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Plotinus »

wilky1.5 has been prodded. They have (expired on 2019-04-18 06:48:21) to post before we start looking for a replacement.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:16 am

Post by Froce »

Anyone know what the small numbers mean?
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:20 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

What small numbers? You mean the lynches?
Regarding Froce, I agree in this sense. Voted is reacting decently (not all that scummy).
I’ll elaborate on this when I get home.
But for now UNVOTE: Voted VOTE: Wilky
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Plotinus »

The small numbers in the OP and in the notices that someone has been prodded indicates the number of times they've been prodded. A person who has been prodded 3 times will be replaced. People who are on Vacation/Leave of Absence (V/LA) are nudged periodically, which counts as half a prod.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 am

Post by wilky »

Sorry guys been frantically busy. Lets get this thread moving now there hasn't been enough activity this game so far.
In post 105, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 103, wilky wrote:My reason is because every post you make sounds like it's coming from scum. You have a scummy aura around you....

Call it but I guess
At this point you should have information to lynch someone more than ‘he has a scummy aura’. I also agree with Exilon on the point of elaborating/explaining your reads and why. (Pardon I cant think of better words).

Keep in mind that agreement =/= townread and disagreement =/= scumread.

Not_Mafia, any comments? Like at all?
Do you regularly have concrete reads before page 10? Gut is a perfectly reasonable read at this point in time.

In post 114, Voted wrote:Moomn, Not_Mafia, wilky. Very few posts. Only votes in their posts, almost no reasoning, reading.
How about this? After cca 48h I am pushing town to lynch person with fewest posts. Unless the person posts relevant reads/ tries to scum hunt.
Care to post now?
This isn't a good way to play. Real life happens and takes priority.

In post 116, Voted wrote:Wilky, could you find the most scummy part in Exilon's posts?
In post 121, Exilon wrote:
In post 119, Froce wrote:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?
Not posting so little, maybe?
That's a good point, actually. Is that, in itself and in this case, inherently scummy?
Nope, it's not. Literally the only case on me is activity and my activity has been the same site wide so if youre pushing this mislynch pick a less scummy reason :roll:
In post 123, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 120, Lycanfire wrote:
Hello everybody. I am Lycanfire, the backup mod for this game. Until further notice I will be processing and resolving everything related to this game. Please send me a private message if you have any concerns.

Thank you.
Howdy Lycanfire

I'll restate my reads and see how people react. Specifically, who I think is town, who I think isn't D1 lynch candidates, and who are.

Town; {Voted, Exilon, Gimm}

I get N_M's point, but Exilon isn't the best D1 lynch candidate. If he's scum (which I don't believe so), he can be mech-cleared or be left at a later date. If he's town, a mislynch on him would get rid of one of the more active and contributing players.

Voted and Gimm are town because tone.

Null/Mixed; {N_M, Froce, Baezu}

N_M and Froce town tone, but also because there's better lynch candidates.

D1 Lynch Candidates; {Wilky, Moomn}

Bad tone reads from both (forced intros, poorly reasoned interactions)

Wilky's attempt at D1 mislynch (Moomn had 2 votes on his wagon at this point);
In post 100, wilky wrote:VOTE: Exillon

Something seems off here.
I want the D1 lynch to be Wilky, unless anyone manages to come up with a better idea.
Pvt im sure we've played before so you probably know that my first post is similarish in most games.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: wilky
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 am

Post by wilky »

Reading isos now.

Baezu has one post promising to catch up in the morning.

Can't remember why I gut read Exilon as scum reading his iso now reads pretty town. A few posts that I would need to reread the whole thread for context to understand but feeling better about the slot.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 am

Post by wilky »

:left:
In post 53, Froce wrote:Oh this started way early. Well hello I guess. It's good that you've started to but heads already, I'll probably stay out of it.
Wait does this count as newb!scum tell? I'll need to check context around this post after isos to see if we were still in rvs then I'll elaborate...
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest. I don't really expect your ambush on Voted to last but if it does that's where we may have a problem.

I agree it looks as if Voted contradicted himself regarding the true meaning of some of his posts and was pointed out by Exilon so that's something to take note of.
Can you explain what you mean here?

In post 61, Froce wrote:I'm still taking things slow waiting to see how the game unfolds. You won't really see me putting a vote on anyone unless I'm up to something.

Alas guess I been caught in the vote roulette. You're really not out to make friends here huh? Calling out everyone you can immediately. That sounds like a good maf plan if I say so.
This is not a good way to play forum mafia. Towns biggest weapon is there vote.
In post 80, Froce wrote:All not_mafia done so far is "silent-voting". However the fact he voted Exilon (who nobody else was voting before) is interesting and makes me think he actually read the game and fos Exilon.
Yeah that's NM for you we can read him later on VCA.

In post 109, Froce wrote:
In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch Exilon, he's artificially trying to insert himself into the town leader position
If he actually is trying to do that then he's doing a bad job. I never caught him ordering others around and I don't feel he's trying to command anything. It feels more like he's helping other people get involved.
A Town leader doesn't "order others around" though they're more a trusted town player with good reads that people are willing to sheep and trust.
In post 119, Froce wrote:
In post 112, Exilon wrote:For example, what is Wilky guilty of that Froce or Moomn aren't?
Not posting so little, maybe?
Is that scummy? If so, why?
In post 127, Froce wrote:From what I have so far I don't protest a wilky lynch, we should see if he has any sort of defense he can pull up. He has to start doing it soon.
Defend what? I've been busy. What else is there to say and does that constitute a defence to you?
In post 129, Froce wrote:Anyone know what the small numbers mean?
How many prods a players had.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 am

Post by wilky »

In post 71, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 70, Voted wrote:
In post 59, Exilon wrote:
In post 49, Voted wrote:
In post 27, Voted wrote:
In post 24, Exilon wrote:why
Because he is behaving like overrelaxed mafia. Or as a troll.
I was actually talking about myself in 3rd person. I though it was more or less obvious.
It really wasn't. Thanks for clearing it up.

In post 52, Voted wrote:You asked me for reads so I will post you samething. Nevertheless, its really soon to do same judgements and I am likely to change my mind. Only two people posted samething relevant to game.

Gimm1ck - pushing me, but reasoning makes sense. Not scummy.

Exilon - defensive and offensive. Either town trying to scum hunt or scum trying to lynch town. Further investigation necessary.
I guess the same read goes on me too and we are going to pressure each other for a long time. Do you wish to start with it or let me have servis, Exilon?
Your read of me amounts to "I got nothing".

Your read of Gimm1ck seems to imply you believe he's town because his reasoning is valid. Is my understanding correct? [...]
Yes. I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum. About Gimm - I can not see anything scummy about him. Yet.
Are you implying that any person who places somewhat valid reasoning for a lynch is town?

Furthermore, ‘I can see you behaving like you are behaving as town and as scum’ is a pointless statement. What is useful is having a lean on someone for one reason or another, over making useless statements like that.

I still support my semi-rvs pressure lynch on Voted at the moment.
In post 78, Gimm1ck wrote:I don’t find it scummy nor townie; it seems just randomly placed with no reason.

Not mafia could you please explain it?

Also, on another thought, both scum and town can come up with a valid reason to lynch someone; for future referance, having an actual reason to lynch someone is neither scummy nor townie; what that reason is, and what that reason was based off, is where we define who is scummy and who isn’t.
In post 130, Gimm1ck wrote:What small numbers? You mean the lynches?
Regarding Froce, I agree in this sense. Voted is reacting decently (not all that scummy).
I’ll elaborate on this when I get home.
But for now UNVOTE: Voted VOTE: Wilky
@gimmick why is someone saying they could see something done as either alignment a pointless statement?

Why did you hop on the wagon gaining traction with no reason or questioning?

Forgot who said that Exillon was artificially trying to place themselves as town leader but I think it would be more appropriate to say that about Exillon than anyone else.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 am

Post by wilky »

In post 54, Moomn wrote:Hello friends. Down with the other faction, i say!

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
This is newb!scum tell.

I missed this at first read. Moomn also hasn't done anything since.

VOTE: moomm
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Exilon »

I really disagree with this bandwagon on Wilky.

Just to tack on Wilky's analysis RE: froce (which isn't super far from mine):
My thing with Froce is that while I'm leaning scum for the reasons I've stated in my previous posts (not voting, talking a lot and not acting in accordance to what he proclaims, etc.), I have some doubts an experienced scum would so blatantly stay out of the discussion, without savagely trying to defend doing so.

Oh. I think I just answered my own question.
Feels like I've been here before.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:39 am

Post by wilky »

In post 11, PvtUrist wrote:also what are your mafia experience and why is green the firsr colour to come to mind?
Played some, won some, lost some.
In post 90, PvtUrist wrote:VOTE: Moomn caught scam
In post 107, PvtUrist wrote:Teh readlist;

{Gimmie, Voted, Exi} Town
{N_M, Froce, Moomn, Baezu} Null
{Wilky} Scam

N_M's a slot to be mech-cleared. Not scum based on interactions through other players, not D1 priority.

Froce's alright so far

Moomn's alright so far

Baezu still MIA

VOTE: Wilky D1 lynch
Why has your opinion on moomn changed so quickly?
In post 123, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 120, Lycanfire wrote:
Hello everybody. I am Lycanfire, the backup mod for this game. Until further notice I will be processing and resolving everything related to this game. Please send me a private message if you have any concerns.

Thank you.
Howdy Lycanfire

I'll restate my reads and see how people react. Specifically, who I think is town, who I think isn't D1 lynch candidates, and who are.

Town; {Voted, Exilon, Gimm}

I get N_M's point, but Exilon isn't the best D1 lynch candidate. If he's scum (which I don't believe so), he can be mech-cleared or be left at a later date. If he's town, a mislynch on him would get rid of one of the more active and contributing players.

Voted and Gimm are town because tone.

Null/Mixed; {N_M, Froce, Baezu}

N_M and Froce town tone, but also because there's better lynch candidates.

D1 Lynch Candidates; {Wilky, Moomn}

Bad tone reads from both (forced intros, poorly reasoned interactions)

Wilky's attempt at D1 mislynch (Moomn had 2 votes on his wagon at this point);
In post 100, wilky wrote:VOTE: Exillon

Something seems off here.
I want the D1 lynch to be Wilky, unless anyone manages to come up with a better idea.
Oh wait... Moomn is scum again.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 am

Post by wilky »

In post 114, Voted wrote:Moomn, Not_Mafia, wilky. Very few posts. Only votes in their posts, almost no reasoning, reading.
How about this? After cca 48h I am pushing town to lynch person with fewest posts. Unless the person posts relevant reads/ tries to scum hunt.
Care to post now?
You hadn't exactly provided much here yourself at this point.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

In post 116, Voted wrote:Wilky, could you find the most scummy part in Exilon's posts?
In a gut vote? The gut read didnt seem to be there looking back though either.

Your iso is very active lurky
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:17 am

Post by wilky »

In post 53, Froce wrote:Oh this started way early. Well hello I guess. It's good that you've started to but heads already, I'll probably stay out of it.
In post 11, PvtUrist wrote:also what are your mafia experience and why is green the firsr colour to come to mind?
Still getting used to quoting but I'm a seasoned epicmafia player which should set me up well for this, though I imagine maf or town tells will be harder to come by. To your second question, probably something to do with evolution as we still have some traits we never dropped from millions of years ago.
I still can't decide if this qualifies as the tell or not.

Before elaborating who in this thread already knew about the RVS tell prior to this game?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: moomm
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Froce »

In post 135, wilky wrote:
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest. I don't really expect your ambush on Voted to last but if it does that's where we may have a problem.

I agree it looks as if Voted contradicted himself regarding the true meaning of some of his posts and was pointed out by Exilon so that's something to take note of.

Can you explain what you mean here?
After Gimmicks first voted Voted, this was said:
In post 27, Voted wrote:
In post 24, Exilon wrote:why
Because he is behaving like overrelaxed mafia. Or as a troll.
It appears Voted may have been referring to Gimmicks. He also doubles down here:
In post 32, Voted wrote:
In post 30, Exilon wrote:either way you're not voting for him, why is that?
I am wating for more posts to finish the pictute. Why aren't you voting him?
This kinda creates some confusion

And then he later clarifies he was referring to himself:
In post 49, Voted wrote:I was actually talking about myself in 3rd person. I though it was more or less obvious.
So my comment was in response to Gimmick as to what I had thought about that whole conversation, and this part stuck out to me as a slightly odd moment.

----
In post 135, wilky wrote:A Town leader doesn't "order others around" though they're more a trusted town player with good reads that people are willing to sheep and trust.
Well exactly that part, the "sheep" part. As far as I'm aware Exilon didn't particularly push for any lynch, like tell others that this is a good vote for example, or that other votes are wrong. I didn't see him try to insert himself in that type of position. I don't even tr him (I don't have a solid read yet) by the way. So that someone tried to argue he was trying to "lead"
has zero bases in reality to me. Of course I'm interested to here more from N_M and what he thinks, unfortunately he's not been the most cooperative so far.

Also as a last note, what's the rvs/tell/thing you keep mentioning? I do know random voting is pretty common but that's about it.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Froce »

Also N_M you just put someone on L1 with almost no regard.

I advise no one to vote Moomn as it's still not even halfway through D1. He needs to talk more. If you end up hammering Moomn early I'm afraid that's a major scumtell so don't do it.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Voted »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Not_Mafia
Reason:
joined all wagoons
no reasoning
no reading
no reaction to posts (reacts only by voting)
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 36, Voted wrote:I suspect you of being scum, Exilon. Do you know why?
Exilon is town, move on
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Baezu »

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
Why so vague?
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 63, PvtUrist wrote:I claim loved mayor with 2 votes
Not helping town
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 62, PvtUrist wrote:ok

VOTE: froce
Why are you voting froce?
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”