Newbie 1927 | Stuff I Found Online Xi | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Official Vote Count 1.06

On this day in history...

Harald III of Denmark dies aged 39 or 40. His rule was relatively peaceful.
The last ruler of the Bavandid Dynasty, claimed to be descended from the Sasanids, Hasan II is assassinated.
Virginia secedes from the United States.
Yugoslavia surrenders to Nazi Germany.
The Bay of Pigs invasion begins.
The assassination of Mir Akbar Khyber, leading to the April Revolution in Afghanistan.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Moomn
(3): Exilon, wilky, Not_Mafia
wilky
(2): PvtUrist, Gimm1ck
Voted
(1): Moomn
Not_Mafia
(1): Voted

Not Voting
(2): Froce, Baezu

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-04-22 12:30:00).

Mod notes: :D
Last edited by Lycanfire on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 123, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 120, Lycanfire wrote:
Hello everybody. I am Lycanfire, the backup mod for this game. Until further notice I will be processing and resolving everything related to this game. Please send me a private message if you have any concerns.

Thank you.
Howdy Lycanfire

I'll restate my reads and see how people react. Specifically, who I think is town, who I think isn't D1 lynch candidates, and who are.

Town; {Voted, Exilon, Gimm}

I get N_M's point, but Exilon isn't the best D1 lynch candidate. If he's scum (which I don't believe so), he can be mech-cleared or be left at a later date. If he's town, a mislynch on him would get rid of one of the more active and contributing players.

Voted and Gimm are town because tone.

Null/Mixed; {N_M, Froce, Baezu}

N_M and Froce town tone, but also because there's better lynch candidates.

D1 Lynch Candidates; {Wilky, Moomn}

Bad tone reads from both (forced intros, poorly reasoned interactions)

Wilky's attempt at D1 mislynch (Moomn had 2 votes on his wagon at this point);
In post 100, wilky wrote:VOTE: Exillon

Something seems off here.
I want the D1 lynch to be Wilky, unless anyone manages to come up with a better idea.
Ok, you’re town...and I agree with your townreads. NM still null in my book atm, moomn I think is scum. Can you explain what made wilky’s Play scummy?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Baezu »

I’m FoSing moomn, but waiting for his response
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Exilon »

Can you explain why Moomn is scum in your eyes? Thanks

For reference, I think there's scummier players than Moomn atm (e.g. Froce).
inb4 "why arent you voting for someone else" because pressure.
Feels like I've been here before.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Moomn »

Hey guys I am responding from the prod and still present in game. I apologize again for my inactivity. Notable week irl for me.

I do not feel the need to defend myself in response to the votes as they simply come from those I would accuse and those wanting more. They are response to my vote, in my opinion, and not about the actual game as a whole. I see no one has naturally agreed with my read, which is why I wasn't saying it out front to begin with, I will catch up on why this was at this time.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 153, Exilon wrote:Can you explain why Moomn is scum in your eyes? Thanks

For reference, I think there's scummier players than Moomn atm (e.g. Froce).
inb4 "why arent you voting for someone else" because pressure.
I really didn’t like this post:
In post 54, Moomn wrote:Hello friends. Down with the other faction, i say!

Let me familiarize myself with the codes and i shall join this random voting stage
I mean why not just say, “go town!” Why be vague? Again, scummy not necessarily scum that’s why I’m waiting for him to explain
Show

Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Moomn »

I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 156, Moomn wrote:I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
This is filler, plain and simple.
Please contribute.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Moomn »

In post 157, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 156, Moomn wrote:I was referencing a small meme among my own mafia friend group. It was from a game in which there was no role claiming of any kind at all. It was to be fun and a bit obtuse, further supported by my stating I intended to follow it up with some nonsense non contribution in my first post on the site.
Please contribute.
It was an exact response to a specific question actually.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Moomn »

I am still dissatisfied with the relationship between Voted and Exilon. It felt quite forced at the beginning and despite their splitting of opinion later they don't seem to be looking at eachother. Feels like a lot of talk. This follows with how people are debating Exilon wanting to be town leader or not. He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive. Voted Froce and Wilky all respond to this a bit. Baezu puts some odd energy into the room but idk that it is exactly telling of anything.

I think Froce is the safest lynch of the people surrounding the Exilon divide at this time.

UNVOTE: Voted
VOTE: Froce

(also it has been years since I played with an entirely new roster of people, knowing nothing about anyone is wild!)
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Exilon »

Please contribute.
In total agreement.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 160, Exilon wrote:
Please contribute.
In total agreement.
Must have not noticed the exact question I answered. lol. It was a "Filler" answer about a post that was entirely filler itself. Studding I know! Respond to my other post maybe.

Also. What is site meta for a d1 lynch? I am super pro lynch as a standard, even if it were myself.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Moomn »

Stunning*
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 159, Moomn wrote:I am still dissatisfied with the relationship between Voted and Exilon. It felt quite forced at the beginning and despite their splitting of opinion later they don't seem to be looking at eachother. Feels like a lot of talk. This follows with how people are debating Exilon wanting to be town leader or not. He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive. Voted Froce and Wilky all respond to this a bit. Baezu puts some odd energy into the room but idk that it is exactly telling of anything.

I think Froce is the safest lynch of the people surrounding the Exilon divide at this time.

(also it has been years since I played with an entirely new roster of people, knowing nothing about anyone is wild!)
It is wild! Mega fun.
He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive.
I don't think that's what I claimed. try again

so to focus on productive things
In your post 94, you said "my read included detail I don't wish to put into the conversation so i'll be waiting to do so. My vote on you is fully real though".

I believe you if you tell me this "detail" is what you talked about in your most recent post.
But is Voted not scummy anymore?

Also, is what you mentioned (the great Exilon divide) the only reason why Froce is the safest lynch?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 161, Moomn wrote:
In post 160, Exilon wrote:
Please contribute.
In total agreement.
Must have not noticed the exact question I answered. lol. It was a "Filler" answer about a post that was entirely filler itself. Studding I know! Respond to my other post maybe.

Oh I did I just thought it was more filler and still completely unusable.

Also. What is site meta for a d1 lynch? I am super pro lynch as a standard, even if it were myself.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Exilon »

Ah crap it's inside the quote
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by Exilon »

Before this gets lost
In post 141, wilky wrote:Before elaborating who in this thread already knew about the RVS tell prior to this game?
I have absolutely no clue.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 163, Exilon wrote:
In post 159, Moomn wrote:I am still dissatisfied with the relationship between Voted and Exilon. It felt quite forced at the beginning and despite their splitting of opinion later they don't seem to be looking at eachother. Feels like a lot of talk. This follows with how people are debating Exilon wanting to be town leader or not. He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive. Voted Froce and Wilky all respond to this a bit. Baezu puts some odd energy into the room but idk that it is exactly telling of anything.

It is wild! Mega fun.
He is most definitely seeking that role as I see it, but claims to not want the position which comes across as worried and defensive.
I don't think that's what I claimed. try again

so to focus on productive things
In your post 94, you said "my read included detail I don't wish to put into the conversation so i'll be waiting to do so. My vote on you is fully real though".

I believe you if you tell me this "detail" is what you talked about in your most recent post.
But is Voted not scummy anymore?

Also, is what you mentioned (the great Exilon divide) the only reason why Froce is the safest lynch?
You specifically claimed the opposite, despite your actions wanting the role. You'll note I said "as I see it" because my read of you is in opposition to your words. *touches temple *

I don't know any of you yet, so I wanted to see how people would respond to the idea without leading with a hard post. I actually mean this with a great deal of compliment as my previous site was.... ill prepared... to make a good case by themselves. I am hoping to find superior play which is why I am here and wanting to be observant - ergo I wanted to not put the detail out until I could read more on the topic from others. I got a bit from the "great exilon divide" and am roughly satisfied.

I was never happy with either of you, but was actually more unhappy with you, which is why Voted received my vote as I did not want to build anything against you myself at that time.

Froce also just isn't great otherwise, tbh, though I am not one to talk. I think his comments are all sort of shooting fish in a barrel, I don't think he has put many of his own thoughts into the game, yet he has made quite a few posts with a lot of words. Lots more filler and shallow contribution than it looks. However he did draw firm stance on the Exilon divide, which was nice to see him do.
Moomn
Moomn
Townie
Moomn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Moomn »

In post 165, Exilon wrote:Ah crap it's inside the quote
Gotcha. It is unusuable. All it is for is hoping Baezu doesn't read into nonsense .
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Exilon »

I was never happy with either of you, but was actually more unhappy with you, which is why Voted received my vote as I did not want to build anything against you myself at that time.
???????????????????????????????????
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by wilky »

Moomn can die that was honestly the most disappointing defence ive seen on site I think.

@baezu where do your reads lie after your catch up?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 143, Froce wrote:
In post 135, wilky wrote:
In post 58, Froce wrote:Well if you want my thoughts I think it's good to put people under pressure, but only on moderation as you don't wanna linger on one or two and forget about the rest. I don't really expect your ambush on Voted to last but if it does that's where we may have a problem.

I agree it looks as if Voted contradicted himself regarding the true meaning of some of his posts and was pointed out by Exilon so that's something to take note of.

Can you explain what you mean here?
After Gimmicks first voted Voted, this was said:
In post 27, Voted wrote:
In post 24, Exilon wrote:why
Because he is behaving like overrelaxed mafia. Or as a troll.
It appears Voted may have been referring to Gimmicks. He also doubles down here:
In post 32, Voted wrote:
In post 30, Exilon wrote:either way you're not voting for him, why is that?
I am wating for more posts to finish the pictute. Why aren't you voting him?
This kinda creates some confusion

And then he later clarifies he was referring to himself:
In post 49, Voted wrote:I was actually talking about myself in 3rd person. I though it was more or less obvious.
So my comment was in response to Gimmick as to what I had thought about that whole conversation, and this part stuck out to me as a slightly odd moment.

----
In post 135, wilky wrote:A Town leader doesn't "order others around" though they're more a trusted town player with good reads that people are willing to sheep and trust.
Well exactly that part, the "sheep" part. As far as I'm aware Exilon didn't particularly push for any lynch, like tell others that this is a good vote for example, or that other votes are wrong. I didn't see him try to insert himself in that type of position. I don't even tr him (I don't have a solid read yet) by the way. So that someone tried to argue he was trying to "lead"
has zero bases in reality to me. Of course I'm interested to here more from N_M and what he thinks, unfortunately he's not been the most cooperative so far.

Also as a last note, what's the rvs/tell/thing you keep mentioning? I do know random voting is pretty common but that's about it.

I actually really like this post. Town binning you for now. Lemme go grab the stats again then I'll come back to speak more on the tell.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by wilky »

Moomns newb!scum tell he did:
The theory is that newb scum will far more often than not address the whole thread I their opening post during the RVS stage. Moomn did it this game.

I collected stats over 5 newbie games in which I didn't differentiate between newbie and SE. I found that scum players did this 80% of the time and Town players did it 14.29% of the time.

TTTT also has some stats which he also I believe only did on newbie players.
TTTT found that new scum do it 64 % of the time with new town doing it 29% of the time.

So either way the stats look like it's more likely to come from scum.

Now of course that doesn't make it a definite the player is scum but moomn has done nothing to convince me otherwise that he is town.
Froce
Froce
Townie
Froce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Froce »

In post 167, Moomn wrote:I think his comments are all sort of shooting fish in a barrel, I don't think he has put many of his own thoughts into the game, yet he has made quite a few posts with a lot of words. Lots more filler and shallow contribution than it looks.
Well I heavily disagree with you, for one. How is my contribution any more shallow/less profound than other people? Note that I've been seldom asking questions in my posts, unlike Exilon or Gimmick who like to interrogate. It seems like you're saying I'm hiding behind a veil of long posts that are in fact of little substance. I don't know about that. Actually when I'm typing I omit quite a lot for clarity reasons and to avoid redundancy. I mean, it's your judgement in the end, and if you see something that no one else does, have it your way.

Also it appears you're focusing your attention on the active pool (me, Voted, Exilon) and haven't been impressed with any of them. I'm curious. Is there an advantage to lynching them D1? I'm open to ideas.

You are on L2 and was on L1 not too long ago by the way.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

-

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”