Micro 864 | The Newsroom | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by apthet »

I want to see the case on me!
sometimes i want to rest
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

most of it's stuff that would mean nothing to anyone besides me

but GL did try to derail the lynch on you and your associations with him aren't great either
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1501, RadiantCowbells wrote:most of it's stuff that would mean nothing to anyone besides me
So, in other words -- not an amazing case?
Either way I'm perfectly willing to vote either Skygazer or Enigma.
sometimes i want to rest
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:49 pm

doesn't make it not an amazing case. some of the best cases are the ones that don't make sense to anyone but me.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by apthet »

Fair enough.
sometimes i want to rest
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1443, Something_Smart wrote:VOTE: Enigma
whats this for?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1453, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1452, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1442, Enigma wrote:im not expecting the claim to clear me, im just pre-empting a possible l-1 claim and theres not much downside to not revealing it

my poe scum list is probably in ss>rc/sky
@Enigma, can you explain this?
because i tr you and apnet
oka is town

RC's hopping around eod1 (and choice of wagons) + false ascetic claim is a bit iffy
sky is a residue from d1 read

SS im still thinking
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Nimueh »

VOTE: Something_Smart

I think this is the last scum. Enigma’s town.

Single doesn’t cop anyone in his towncore, as was proved by him copping Oka, so scum isn’t in that group, nor RC who he wasn’t sr.

Single’s POE was Oka, apthet and SS, so scum has to be within those two and SS’ wanting to leash Single and his overreation to RC hammer majorly pinged me.

Plus, there was RC’s early case on him, which I was far too pocketed to ignore.

Why does scum!Enigma kill the slot who had him as his #1 townread and was likely never copping him? Makes no sense.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1506, Enigma wrote:
In post 1453, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1452, Nimueh wrote:
In post 1442, Enigma wrote:im not expecting the claim to clear me, im just pre-empting a possible l-1 claim and theres not much downside to not revealing it

my poe scum list is probably in ss>rc/sky
@Enigma, can you explain this?
because i tr you and apnet

oka is town

RC's hopping around eod1 (and choice of wagons) + false ascetic claim is a bit iffy
sky is a residue from d1 read

SS im still thinking
Yeah, I think she’s town as well, which is why I think lynching SS probably wins us the game. He already knew that Single was sr Lion, yet he comes up with the bs leashing thing, which Oka called him out on. And his paranoia on RC seemed fake. Compared with MD game, where it was actually believable.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 550, RadiantCowbells wrote:Okay, time to case Something_Smart.

Quick couple notes regarding predecessor:
@Oka
How do you think you'll play differently with respect to apthet this game?
Seemed like a weirdly specific question to a specific player.

Also, I belong to a neighbourhood with S_S and their predecessor immediately called me town for... apparently thinking I was the one who posted that post.
It seemed like a really easy townread, some of the stuff that they posted really seemed off, and like I hate to call the replace out Alignment Indicative but I kinda feel that it was.
In post 198, Something_Smart wrote:Nice to meet you too apthet.

Please stop scumreading my playstyle.
This is both 1) way too forward in assuming that apthet is scumreading him for playstyle and 2) essentially assumes good intentions on the part of apthet. Also just the engagement is... weird. idk.
A lot of this is more gut but I think the logic of him just saying that being scummy also applies.
In post 200, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 199, apthet wrote:What's your playstyle?
What you almost certainly just scumread me for.

I'm a very logic-oriented, passive, and reactive player. I try to understand reasons for everything and to keep people from jumping to unjustified conclusions. I townhunt much more often and effectively than I scumhunt, especially early on.

What specifically did you not like?
Again there's a certain artificialness to just stating oh you're scumreading me for my playstyle.
In post 202, Something_Smart wrote:For the record, my response to RC there is because I'm extremely easy to read for someone who knows me well enough (and RC does).

And the thing about RC is that he is both a strong town player and a VERY strong scum player. People unfamiliar with him will tend to townread him regardless of his alignment, and that's dangerous.
Just saying 'thats dangerous' feels more likely to come from scum in a way that's hard to express.
In post 244, Something_Smart wrote:Literally everything I had done up until that point was indicative only of my playstyle.
again saying this so bluntly sounds more like a scum perspective than a town one.
In post 306, Something_Smart wrote:(Also apthet is obvtown.)
error: citation needed. etc. feels too strong a read at the time and fake.
In post 313, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 308, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hey SS if we lynched Apthet and they flipped scum should we immediately lynch you for calling her obvtown?
Should? No. Will? Probably. To be honest if apthet is scum I would be very grateful for whoever managed to strongarm a lynch through on her.

...But I also think her interactions, and resulting reads, on me and Nimueh read as extremely genuine. So unless she's an alt of a few specific people, I doubt she'd be capable of that as scum.
In post 310, RadiantCowbells wrote:

This is a really scummy post lol
Do I have to have literally the same conversation I just had with apthet again?

... Because you're doing it too.
This is just such a weird thing to say. He thinks that I can read him and yet he's getting salty at me for scumreading his playstyle. And just the phrasing of same conversation etc., feels off.
In post 321, Something_Smart wrote:The way apthet voted me, and then immediately reevaluated and pivoted to Nimueh, and then immediately reevaluated again, is something that is vastly more likely to come from town. That would be a weird and very advanced thought process to fake as scum, and it definitely shows that she is genuinely reacting to and analyzing what is happening.
Just the way he describes the read feels TMI. This really isn't the way that town describe reads, particularly wrt the "weird and very advanced thought process. The "definitely shows" is also super scum indicative.
In post 327, Something_Smart wrote:Not really. I had you as slightly south of null but I don't really think I know you enough to read you... and I'd like to think that RC would be able to read me better but he has pulled this shit before as town.
expects me to townread him then gives me an out when I errantly scumread him.
In post 455, Something_Smart wrote:definitely a reevaluation.
:igmeou:

excessive use of definitely and literally and ellipses in his iso is definitely and literally... a scumtell.
I might be doing this wrong like I did to RCE in GIF's game regarding his use of the word hmm excessively but I ALSO scumread SS for other reasons, so.
In post 458, Something_Smart wrote:but what I'm concerned about is that he's trying to strongarm a lynch on me before I can actually get into the game that much (and he knows full well that I am a stronger player lategame than early).
this is the kind of thing scum say a lot wrt the "but what I'm concerned about" and then even the content.

so yeah. scumz.
RC’s early case on SS, which as I said, I was too stupidly pocketed and ignored.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 512, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 509, singletonking wrote:
In post 474, RadiantCowbells wrote:why do you townread meeee
In post 475, Skygazer wrote:should i not be?

like i remember getting super paranoid about you in the past even tho u were acting like how i expected town u to act and im seeing u act like how town u would act so am not gonna be a paranoid ass again
^Posts like this is why Skygazer is town
Is this a meta read?
Single was never copping Sky.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 813, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 799, singletonking wrote:
SS have you done anything other than townread Apthet?
I mean, I've done a lot that didn't directly result in a read...

(I also townread Nimueh btw, but who's counting?)
But you weren’t whiteknighting me the way you were apthet.

Scum frequently picks a single townread to whiteknnight, so they get towncred when that slot flips.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1160, Something_Smart wrote:Actually I think we should let singleton pick whoever he wants and then lynch him if his target is town.
In post 1164, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1161, singletonking wrote:
In post 1159, Something_Smart wrote:Yes.

I still think you're scum.
What? How can you think so?
Roles are independent of alignment. Obviously I believe that your claim is true, but it doesn't prove anything about your alignment.
In post 1178, Something_Smart wrote:It's not a purely mechanical plan, it's a mechanical plan based on my scumread of you. Given that scumread, can you see how it makes sense?

After thinking about it the plan really only makes sense if we mislynch today, so I'm fine calling it off if we hit scum today. How confident are you in your ability to reveal scum, assuming a mislynch today?
In post 1184, Something_Smart wrote:Oka: "ama"
Me: *asks question*
Oka: "I don't want to answer that" :igmeou:

Seriously though, why not? Who singleton reveals depends on whether we're doing this plan, and we can only do the plan if a majority of people actually think he's scum.
In post 1225, Something_Smart wrote:I mean, if GL flips town and singleton checks me I'm going to be pushing him tomorrow. Same with apthet (unless apthet turns out to be scum).
In post 1226, Something_Smart wrote:I'm actually kinda annoyed about that hammer now, I don't think GL was the right wagon today at all.
In post 1293, Something_Smart wrote:RC can't live to endgame. {Me, Oka, Nimueh} + either Sky or apthet.

I keep going back and forth on apthet. It's pretty evident from today that she's a pretty experienced player and now I feel like there's a chance she was able to fake those posts I townread her for.
In post 1312, Something_Smart wrote:^

If you don't want to stay in the game, replace out.

If you do want to stay in the game, then actually play it and stop being petulant.
In post 1321, Something_Smart wrote:I really don't feel like I'm qualified to sort Sky or apthet confidently enough to bet the game on it. I'm pretty sure Nimueh is town, I'd like to think I'm pretty obviously town at this point. This game has been so low activity that townhunting is very likely the best way to go.
In post 1374, Something_Smart wrote:Nimueh I think you need to read a bit more carefully... The red names were due to GL/Oka's power.

And singleton's cop was public. Oka is conftown.

Unfortunately I don't think this slip reveals anything alignment wise, if anything it makes you SLIGHTLY more likely to be scum because you'd have killed singleton thinking it would hide his result, but I still don't think you're scum.
He initially locktowns apthet then progresses do doibting that read and increases his obvtown read on me until this out of left field weird shade and if he actually knows who I am, then he knows I never fake derp about anything.

His wanting to leash Single makes 0 sense as Okay logically pointed out with his “tainted the well” comment, which is why I think SS’s leashing of Single reads totally fake to me.

His overreaction to RC hammer really makes no sense, since we were extremely close to deadline and Lion had to be suspiciously prodded yet again. He went out of his way to fake an AtE townslip on that hammer, to hopefully throw Single off from cop checking him and it obviously worked, since he copped Oka instead.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 238, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 232, GuiltyLion wrote:

this is a bad post
Ironically, that post can serve as a response to this one.

Why is it a bad post?
you assumed the reason he was scumreading you instead of asking

In post 238, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 237, GuiltyLion wrote:Smart where's your vote right now
Firmly in my pocket where it belongs.
this better be a soft for like a doublevoter or something
votes give information and hold people accountable
sitting there Not Voting for half the day phase does not
This interaction between SS and Lion is pinging.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 244, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:you assumed the reason he was scumreading you instead of asking
Literally everything I had done up until that point was indicative only of my playstyle.
this better be a soft for like a doublevoter or something
votes give information and hold people accountable
sitting there Not Voting for half the day phase does not
I will be accountable for where my vote is at the end of the day. I will likely not be voting until I want a lynch to occur. If you want to hold me accountable for anything sooner, well... this is game of words. They carry weight, and you can (and should) hold me accountable for them :P

And if you want any information from me, just ask for it. I hardly see why I'd need to vote to communicate it.
Should have posted this instead.

If you contrast SS’ interactions with Lion which look somewhat partnery to me, with RC’s which do not, I think you can see a clear difference. Scummates generally don’t get too upset when a buddy pushes them unless they’re actually not getting along in the scum PT.

SS seems far less upset’s with Lion’s lolpush on him than any of Single, RC or apthet’s.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 1075, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.12

TargetWagon
singletonking
(4)
GuiltyLion ()
, Something_Smart (), RadiantCowbells (),
OkaPoka ()
GuiltyLion
(2)
singletonking (), Nimueh ()
Enigma
(1)
Skygazer ()
Skygazer
(1)
apthet ()
Not Voting
(1)
Enigma

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-04-16 11:52:59).
In post 1100, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.13

TargetWagon
GuiltyLion
(2)
singletonking (), Nimueh ()
Enigma
(2)
Skygazer (), RadiantCowbells ()
singletonking
(1)
GuiltyLion ()
Skygazer
(1)
apthet ()
Not Voting
(3)
Enigma, Something_Smart (), OkaPoka ()

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-04-16 11:52:59).

Prodding GuiltyLion.
In post 1205, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.14

TargetWagon
GuiltyLion
(3)
singletonking (), Nimueh (), apthet ()
OkaPoka
(2)
RadiantCowbells (), Enigma ()
Enigma
(2)
Skygazer (), OkaPoka ()
singletonking
(1)
GuiltyLion ()
Not Voting
(1)
Something_Smart ()

In post 1242, northsidegal wrote:
Votecount 1.Final

TargetWagon
GuiltyLion
(5)
singletonking (), Nimueh (), apthet (), Skygazer (), RadiantCowbells ()
OkaPoka
(1)
Enigma ()
Enigma
(1)
OkaPoka ()
singletonking
(1)
GuiltyLion ()
Not Voting
(1)
Something_Smart ()

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. GuiltyLion has been lynched.
Notice how SS was on Single wagon but once it collapsed, he never put his vote back on him, despite his apparently being his strongest scumread
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 882, singletonking wrote:I just reread Enigma's ISO and I'm now somewhat confident he's town:
In post 266, Enigma wrote:ok i read this game twice now and apart from thinking oka is town i have no reads :/

someone ask me a question
This frankness reads town to me, especially since I had the same issue. I'd expect scum!Enigma to give more thoughts here

Spoiler:
In post 503, Enigma wrote:sorry ive been really bad at posting - im really struggling to get into this game state somehow. let me try make some lists
because of that, I can kinda feel where SS is coming from and thats a terrible reason but makes me tr him

based on the one scum!rc game i've played with him, i kinda feel he could be town

i wanna read oka as town, but don't trust myself because of his carefree posting

haven't quite figured out the rest yet, wow im bad
Again this shows that he's not really invested into the game but at least he's getting some reads out onto the table
In post 504, Enigma wrote:nimueh any comment on this?
In post 428, Enigma wrote:im still trying to figure out why you are overreacting on votes on you
1. you're not a newb, so im surprised at your confusion to the loved role pm
2. your indigence at being on l2 isnt being matched by following up with those voting on you (you did question their votes a bit, but imo a town train of thought would be wondering which scum are voting you if you were truely concerned about mislynched)
And this shows he's really trying to do something about not having good reads.
In post 875, Enigma wrote:ok im here
In post 654, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 428, Enigma wrote:
In post 357, Nimueh wrote:I don’t know but gun to head, I think Enigma’s response to RC, is the scummiest thing I’ve read in this game so far. For someone who only claims to have one read, to suddenly want to lynch a slot over solely a reaction to vites on them, is seriously sketch.
did i say i want to lynch you? it was a question to someone else

im still trying to figure out why you are overreacting on votes on you
1. you're not a newb, so im surprised at your confusion to the loved role pm
2. your indigence at being on l2 isnt being matched by following up with those voting on you (you did question their votes a bit, but imo a town train of thought would be wondering which scum are voting you if you were truely concerned about mislynched)
Enigma can you explain point 2

like more detail on what "wondering which scum are voting you" means and how that doesn't map to Nimueh's play here
point 2 i think i covered a bit earlier, mainly to do with my inability to read

in other news, i this sounds a bit like a town gl

--
In post 768, OkaPoka wrote:the sarcasm is pretty clearly a self deprecating joke

thats his apology

let me give you a shitty parallel

enigma: haha ur an idiot, the answer is 3
nim: no its actually 4
enigma: oh wait im an idiot the answer is 4

you see, in this example enigma is making a self deprecating joke on his own capabilities as a human being as an alternative, more humorous way to apologize for his mistake.
thanks oka

sorry im late for the readlist
here you go, take this and flip it upside down and swap you+gl and throw stk where i am:
In post 671, singletonking wrote:Town
Nimueh
Skygazer
OkaPoka
Enigma
apthet = Something_Smart = RadiantCowbells
GuiltyLion
Scum

Something like this?

Coming back to the thread
In post 876, Enigma wrote:ehh i dont what i had that let me try just being original

town
oka
rc
gl
nimueh = ss = apthnet
stk
sky
scum

i don't even like my sky read that much, but mainly because it seems like she is just around and posting but not really getting anywhere.
The immediate revision reads town to me. But what I especially like is the extra footnote about Sky: it is unnecessary for him to add that part as scum.

What really makes me townread Enigma from all this is that his play right now mimics my town play when disengaged from the game. My townread on him is now stronger than any townread I've had this game.

tl;dr Unvote Enigma now.
Enigma had 0 reason to kill Single. Single locktowned him. Scum!Enigma never kills Single here.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Nimueh »

Enigma had 0 reason to kill Single. Single locktowned him. Scum!Enigma never kills Single here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:15 pm

oh actually that might be it
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm gonna make 6 posts to get the pagetop and nobody can stop me
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal