Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:19 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

My impression of Sashaddin so far is not yet fully formed, but I think RuiRui looks clearly worse at this stage. I don't hate the wagon for existing, but I wish it were on RuiRui instead.
#greenshirtthursdays
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What are your thoughts on Sash? I like Asuka’s breakdown of Sash’s vote on Bob.
I think Sasha's reasoning for voting bob is pretty reachy but I don't think it makes him scum. (meta reasons)

I'd like to see a bit more content from him before giving a full-fledged read.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 159, u r a person 2 wrote:have you guys read sashadin's iso? Way better vote than exilon who is probably not trying to powerscum in the first ten pages and who is taking oddball views on things than the rest of the thread

VOTE: sashaddin

egix still scummy i think

inferno probably town

skitter probably town
This does not feel like natrual progression.
What happened to my being Egix’s partner?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I don’t like how 162 is used to throw shade in my direction while simultaneously pushing Sash.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:43 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 177, Inferno390 wrote:This does not feel like natrual progression.
What happened to my being Egix’s partner?
You've continued to post since then and now I'm town reading you. Not sure why it seems unnatural to you =/
103-11 0-2
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:29 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 151, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 97, bob3141 wrote:
In post 75, u r a person 2 wrote: comes from town I think.

Like it actually looks scummy af
but
I think it actually reads townie from some new players.
Very much looks like an attempt to pretend to defend soemone
but
at the same time keep using the"
but .....
"

As well as trying to emphasize possible scummy actions
but
raising this in a pretend defense. So If i got lynched and untimatly revealed as town you could simply say you dint think i was scum and could hold no blame

____
I think you are trying hard on this one, throwing shade on URAP2. Your argument made no sense too, you are using the very same word you are suspicious of.

VOTE: Bob3141
Your argument for your vote against me is rather far fetched. And very much looks like your are trying realy hard to make a case against me.

And your beleif that using a conjunctive (in this case but ) is evidence for someone being scum does appear a bit forced. And you even claim that was teh reason i was initially slightly suspicous of Uperson rather than that it at first appeared to discrete attempt to defend a person but instead trying to cast them in bad light

think when some words an insult as complent and vice versa

__

Another reason i am voting for you is viewtopic.php?p=10899154#p10899154

You did the same thing that made me suspicous of bird but even more so. You vote for U person and only state you agree with skitter. Come across very much like scum trying to get bandwagon going but trying to avoid any responsibility if the player is revealsed as town. By saying you think x is town and you agree with him to lynch y.

VOTE: Sashaddin
__
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Garmr »

VOTE: Sashaddin

A wagon appears soon after I mention wanting to hang him, it's like a gift from the heavens.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 86, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 85, RuiRui wrote:Inferno you're moving a little too fast with your reads imo
ya think? recent posts are not from a town perspective
@UR2:
This here is why it feels unnatural. Between this and your change in read on me you don’t even mention me.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah, between 86 and 159 you posted 1 time and I’ve posted 8, most of which is multi posting. That’s a really fast reversal, and I don’t find it natrual.

Inferno390 GTKAS

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

seems pretty normal to me
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Sashaddin »

I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 180, bob3141 wrote:You did the same thing that made me suspicous of bird but even more so. You vote for U person and only state you agree with skitter. Come across very much like scum trying to get bandwagon going but trying to avoid any responsibility if the player is revealsed as town. By saying you think x is town and you agree with him to lynch y.
Yeah, it's called sheeping. When I said out lout I wanted to get into larges from minis, the hint I got was 'try to find someone who's town and sheep him for the first days'. Sad to see I got bad advice.
Plus, I really was in a hurry but wanted to participate in anyways. Big mistake from hindsight.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:55 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Slow down there, cowboy, you ain't dead yet.
#greenshirtthursdays
RuiRui
RuiRui
Goon
RuiRui
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 am

Post by RuiRui »

In post 185, Sashaddin wrote:I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
You're not being lynched right now, only wagoned, and there isn't a lot to go off of at this point in the game
In post 165, Egix96 wrote:
In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:Feeling pretty iffy about RuiRui so far. Most of her posts so far are pretty surface-level stuff ("Inferno, you're moving too fast with your reads" without really talking about what that might mean, or "well now nobody can use that for info" after the comment about reactions to LUV) without truly engaging in anyone's alignment. Need to see more evidence of desire to actively uncover the scum rather than just reacting blandly to a random post here or there.
*Reads her ISO*

I'll admit, you're not wrong there. She does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far.
You're not comparing the start of the last game to the start of this one, and are instead are looking at my posting from later points of the game - this is a mistake
In post 170, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Can you and/or Rui talk about experiences with Inferno as scum?
I just played in a game where he was scum, he was mostly lynched because we had a lot of investigative power to clear other people. I don't know if I'd be able to catch them as scum here, I do think that while his fast entrance today seems different, the circumstances are also different and I think it's something that can be done as scum anyway
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 152, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 143, Exilon wrote:
In post 142, Inferno390 wrote:See your not addressing why I think your logic is circular.
The reason I think your logic is circular is because you’re using the fact that you think I’m scum to say that my post was aimed to look Town.
X is scum
Therefore this thing X did is scum motivated or is done because of scum reasons
So X is scum. Die, scum!

Or something like that.
And what would make you think I felt encroached and under pressure. There wasn’t a wagon on me, the two people scumreading me I’m already interacting with, and no one is pushing me except my scumreads. What pressure?
And what exactly am I backpedaling from?
I think I get it. But it's still not circular; it's not feeding itself. It's complementing the conclusion (which is scumread), in consequence to the posts before.
I understand it isn't, in itself, worthy of a scumread.

To me, it's when you put everything I've pointed together that a scummy mindset emerges, not with each individual piece.

I said I thought you felt encroached and under pressure at that moment for recognizing the skitter read being wrong (which is what I mean by backpedaling), in conjunction with urap2's callouts, as well as my own posts on the matter. This would be enough for me and the general tone in your posts seemed to convey a level of antsiness. From what you're saying, it seems you weren't in fact feeling this type of pressure. Is this right?
No. I don’t feel like there’s a lot of pressure in my direction at the moment.
If my interpretation of it is wrong, then what motivated you to write that post? what was on your mind?

Regardless, I'm willing to take that for what it is and adjust my read accordingly.

This point still remains, could you address it?
In post 141, Exilon wrote:
In post 133, skitter30 wrote: [...]
c) you said this:
In post 114, Exilon wrote:He seems to misunderstand the question and answers in Post 83with "because she's scumreads independent of Ur2 and Exi",
which only makes sense if you're assuming there's more than one anti-town team,
which .... okay, but it seems like a slip up, because, wouldn't wording it as "Exi and urap2 are scum together" be faster, more organic, and natural?
which i understood to mean that you're objecting to the fact that inferno was not scumreading me as being part of a team with his other scumreads urap and exi. i.e. that you think having scumreads but not reading all of them together as a team is problematic - that independant scumreads aren't a thing

i'm saying that i fundementally disagree with that (especially at this stage of the game) - i think it's entirely possible to scumread multiple people without viewing them holistically as a team

(fwiw mini normals are not allowed to have multiball these days btw)

what i mean by incorrect assumption is that you used that to build your case, and i'm saying that i disagree with this pov to begin with
As in: if there's only one team of scum, and if you think three people are scum, you're not going to say "the scum team is these 2 people", right? That's how I read it.

I understand later this point is expanded into "these 2 people are scum by association" (=they're a team); but the justification of this (it's chainsaw) also applies to skitter, whom he said he was reading scum for something else. (which leads to the contradiction). Later he removes scumread on skitter. But the accusation of chainsaw defense remains.

So he says urap2 is scummy because his attack is chainsaw-y, which would make me and skitter is scumbuddies. Since we know he thinks skitter is townie and I'm scum, this can't be the only reason why he feels scummy about me. But he hasn't elaborated on what it could be.

Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Exilon »

Is Sash doing AtE?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 190, Exilon wrote:Is Sash doing AtE?
I dunno, is she?
103-11 0-2
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by Exilon »

Is there a better name to 185?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 158, Garmr wrote:No offence but early on you kinda looked weak. But as soon as you put up some fight people backed off. If you were scum I would see your scum mates trying to stick for you a little longer. Now everyone seems to be kissing ass except Ausuka. Ausuka reaction seems somewhat emotional to your accusation, Don't think it's a scummy one through because I don't see why scum would get emotional at that point.
oh no offense taken; i was mostly asking because i'm really interested in how people form reads on me, i find it fascinating

==

kinda think urap might be scum tbh
i dont' particularly understand his sash vote either

==
In post 163, Egix96 wrote:After some time thinking to myself I couldn't really form any strong scumreads in my mind, so I decided I might as well commit to voting Deli and see what came of it.
not sure scum says this really

==
In post 170, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Don’t get the point of this post. What incentive does Exil have to buddy you considering this is his first time playing with you?
idk if he has any particular incentive to do so as scum, but i did feel like the way he was defending me was kinda buddying-y

i kinda wanted to see if he would have any sort of interesting reaction to me saying that (like getting defensive or something or idk) but he didn't so that line of inquiry kinda fizzled out
In post 170, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Can you and/or Rui talk about experiences with Inferno as scum?
exactly none, it's based on my vibe for his personality/playstyle in this game thus far and elsewhere on site (ie speakeasy). i can absolutely be mistaken on this. still doesn't feel like a post i see him faking tho
In post 173, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think the people I have struck out are town. I want to town read Rui. I want to town read Skitter but I can’t shake my paranoia.
that's ok, i'm kinda operating under the assumption that people being paranoid of me is a thing these days

==

current town list: bob, inferno, cdb, maybe egix, maybe ausuka

==
In post 185, Sashaddin wrote:I think I'm going to quit playing Mafia, I always end up being lynched in the first days and that doesn't help town at all.
this ate is awful actually. i'm not sure it's scum-indicative but it's pretty bad irregardless of alignment
have i ever played with town!you?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

kinda want to go back here actually
VOTE: urap
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

A number of people voted sash after me. What about my vote made you single it out as inexplicable?
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 159, u r a person 2 wrote:have you guys read sashadin's iso? Way better vote than exilon who is probably not trying to powerscum in the first ten pages and who is taking oddball views on things than the rest of the thread

VOTE: sashaddin

egix still scummy i think

inferno probably town

skitter probably town
Am i supposed to be understanding why you're voting sash from this?

I dont think any of the votes there are particularly compelling, but i kinda understand them. I really have no idea why you're voting rhere rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

This is a frustrating moment to be pushing me for this reason.

I voted there because the iso was scummy af, and I read the iso because their posts shortly prior to my vote were really pinging.

But I actually like the woe-is-me response as town and Exilon asking if it was ate rather than asserting that it was ate and calling that scummy pinged me hard. I was town reading there but I want to give him another read

But none of that is going to happen tonight
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

What I really want is for you to just let me coast until the weekend
103-11 0-2