Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 496, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 492, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m confirmed town. Why do you not have an opinion on me voting for you?
I don't know how your opinion could effect the game differently than other players. If you want to explain please? :?:
:?
In post 5, tris wrote:
An Announcement:

Lil Uzi Vert is
aligned with town
Feels like I've been here before.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 486, Garmr wrote:
In post 475, skitter30 wrote:
In post 473, u r a person 2 wrote:let's just lynch sash
^^^^^ bad reaction
especially in the event of town!sash
I'm town and I have the same reaction.
This bugs me... I don't think you'd have said "I'm town and..." if you actually were. Feels forced.

Not moving my vote btw. Main reason why I don't feel like voting urap is because I doubt that scum would say that someone who's tunnelled on them is "clearly town" because that normally doesn't end well (it's very hard to do without it looking like TMI).
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 503, Egix96 wrote:
In post 486, Garmr wrote:
In post 475, skitter30 wrote:
In post 473, u r a person 2 wrote:let's just lynch sash
^^^^^ bad reaction
especially in the event of town!sash
I'm town and I have the same reaction.
This bugs me... I don't think you'd have said "I'm town and..." if you actually were. Feels forced.

Not moving my vote btw. Main reason why I don't feel like voting urap is because I doubt that scum would say that someone who's tunnelled on them is "clearly town" because that normally doesn't end well (it's very hard to do without it looking like TMI).
So do you think sash is town?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay
Barring the build of this URAP wagon, I claim
Intent to Hammer Friday morning

I would really like to use the next three days to see where this wagon goes before we lynch.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 502, Exilon wrote:
In post 492, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m confirmed town. Why do you not have an opinion on me voting for you?
I don't know how your opinion could effect the game differently than other players. If you want to explain please? :?:
In post 5, tris wrote:
An Announcement:

Lil Uzi Vert is
aligned with town
I know, but HOW does it change something?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 506, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 5, tris wrote:
An Announcement:

Lil Uzi Vert is
aligned with town
I’m confused about this.
Why would he have an opinion on LUV voting him? We know he’s town. Sash knows his alignment. He knows whether he himself is town or scum. He’s not trying to read LUV’s slot. If anything, other people should have opinions on whether LUV is correct or not, not Sash.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Exilon »

I don't even think that's what he asked?
I mean, I think the whole exchange doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Uzi (or is it LUV?) asks: why don't you have an opinion on my vote?
sash answers: your opinion doesn't affect the game any differently than any other player (???? this isn't a response to the question whatsoever)

There's two topics here, and they got nothing to do with each other.
I addressed Sash's answer and took it on its own (which is just as well considering it doesn't at all link with what it supposedly answers to), Inferno focused on Uzi's point.

Just wanted to untangle this before I move on and answer Sash:
In post 506, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 5, tris wrote:
An Announcement:

Lil Uzi Vert is
aligned with town
Well if he's town it stands to reason that he's more trustworthy and isn't fabricating reads so that in itself makes him and his vote trustworthy. So by default town gives his opinion more credit than someone whose alignment is a mystery.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Would Lynch:

RuiRui
- I've made my feelings here clear. RuiRui seems to be posting just barely enough to not get prodded too much, and what she does say seems to betray a frightful lack of interest in the game at large. It's all the lightest of brushes against the surface level, to the extent that she isn't even reacting to any suspicion on her at all. Pressure must be applied here to force some kind of commitment to anything at all.

High Risk Gamble
- By no means a lynch I particularly intend to pursue right now, but it is one on which I would compromise if necessary. I thought CBY seemed alright until they disappeared, but the disappearance does sort of remind me of the times when I thought I had the energy to play scum then realised that I didn't. Gamble's start looks promising so far, though, so my preference is to wait and see here.

Egix96
- Struggling a little bit here. I liked him for bullheaded town earlier but he hasn't really got his teeth into the game quite as much as I would have expected from my impressions of his style. Gave a Sash townread for (as he himself acknowledged) pretty shruggy meta reads, then hasn't said much about the wagon at all, despite it being the major one for a few days now. I'd lynch most of the other people in this section before I lynched Egix, but I can't quite make my previous townread stick for the time being.

bob
- I find Bob's posts literally quite difficult to read, which makes evaluating his alignment tough. I think I'd rather get a couple of flips and then see how other players have treated him over the course of the game to get a better sense of it that way, but I don't really feel much either way so would compromise here if necessary.

Sashaddin
- The 'I'm so awful, always get lynched, going to quit' stuff happens on all levels of the alignment spectrum, which is not helpful. He hasn't got many stated reads, but of those stated reads his Urap read (and vote) seems to be entirely based on sheeping some really pretty uninteresting 'analysis' from Inferno very early, and his RuiRui townread came out of nowhere and has NEVER been explained. He just doesn't seem able to muster up anywhere to push that he genuinely cares about, either. This could all be explained by 'player having a tough time generally in a little over his head', but you'll note that explanation doesn't necessarily require Sash to be town. So I don't know. Any scum vibes I'm getting are pretty weak, but at this point I do think the wagon will be an interesting one to analyse regardless of the flip, and there is an at least middling chance of it turning up scum.

Would Not Lynch:

Exilon
- Close to the other category, but I feel like I'm still working out how to read Exilon and it might click with some more time. So far I have very little either way, but the fact that he doesn't seem like a realistic lynch Today anyway makes me happy enough to indulgently put him in this category.

Garmr
- I don't necessarily agree with many of his conclusions but he seems to be thinking proactively, confidently and fearlessly. Strong townread.

LUV
- Obviously.

Ausuka
- Her reactions to some of the early nonsense seemed to mirror mine a fair bit, which is a good sign. Her vote on Sash reads well, although she is a little too quick to work out what her plans are post-Sash-lynch for my tastes. There's not been a lot of urgency on her part to push the lynch through, which might make me paranoid if Sash turns up scum, but for now I think this would be a pretty bad place to start.

urap2
- I really, really wish I could say that I'd be happy to lynch them just to stop dealing with them but, gun to my head, I think this kind of behaviour is more likely to come from town than scum. Most of the things that they say are a complete mess, but they're argued with conviction, which makes me believe that it makes sense in their own head.

skitter
- Paranoid in all the right places. Strong townread.

Inferno
- Playing in such a carefree way that I am inclined to townread him, and the fact that he is so deep in the tunnels on a player like urap reads as pretty solidly town to me (though I have absolutely zero interest in ego crap like 'I have a really good record of hard tunneling scum').

----

Ordinarily I'd just hammer Sashaddin right here to get on with it but I'm happy to leave it for Inferno (or just me a bit later) in case anyone wants to talk about this post or catch up on things in general (I remember at least Exilon was planning to reread some bits).

My preferred lynch remains RuiRui, but I can live with this.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am

Looking at that list now, I'm reasonably sure that I'm giving at least one of my 'would not lynch' list too much credit somewhere, but working out where my blind spots have been is what flips are for.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:58 am

Whoa, actually, waiting til Friday morning seems like a long-ass time. I initially read it as a much shorter window that Inferno was proposing (probably projecting my own reaction onto him!). I'm likely to hammer much sooner than that.
#greenshirtthursdays
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 am

Post by Garmr »

The only reason I would want to delay a hammer is so high risk can catch up.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 510, ChannelDelibird wrote:Looking at that list now, I'm reasonably sure that I'm giving at least one of my 'would not lynch' list too much credit somewhere, but working out where my blind spots have been is what flips are for.
it's probably the one that you basically say you have no read on

Solid D1 poe, mate. Well done
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 508, Exilon wrote:Uzi (or is it LUV?) asks: why don't you have an opinion on my vote?
sash answers: your opinion doesn't affect the game any differently than any other player (???? this isn't a response to the question whatsoever)
I meant that I didn't know how his opinion of me should affect the game differently than how the other players see me. It was not affirmative, it was interrogative.
Please walk through it with baby steps, I don't get how this comftown-from-the-start affects this game.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:03 am

In post 513, u r a person 2 wrote:Solid D1 poe, mate. Well done
You'll note that I've simply grouped people into whether or not I'd lynch them on Day 1, rather than decide that I've nailed the scumteam and then go on to create reasons why they must be scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:05 am

In post 512, Garmr wrote:The only reason I would want to delay a hammer is so high risk can catch up.
Agree that this is the best reason
#greenshirtthursdays
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:08 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 515, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 513, u r a person 2 wrote:Solid D1 poe, mate. Well done
You'll note that I've simply grouped people into whether or not I'd lynch them on Day 1, rather than decide that I've nailed the scumteam and then go on to create reasons why they must be scum.
wasn't being sarcastic, we're not all that far off from one another, and also that's not what I did, but take it negatively if you want
103-11 0-2
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:12 am

Apologies for misreading you (I may or may not have been inclined to think worse of your intentions given our interactions the other night).
#greenshirtthursdays
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 509, ChannelDelibird wrote:He hasn't got many stated reads, but of those stated reads his Urap read (and vote) seems to be entirely based on sheeping some really pretty uninteresting 'analysis' from Inferno very early, and his RuiRui townread came out of nowhere and has NEVER been explained.
I don't see myself typing a whole wall of text being on the eve of a lynch, my wife and kids come before this. But I read many isos, I just don't feel like doing a whole book report on them. English is my second language and I don't have lightning fingers when typing... It can take time to make a post for me.
When I began playing, it was from newbies and I kept a lot of written notes in a Excel file. But with many players I can't follow this way anymore. So I rely on tone, pushes, wagons.... I try to get reads but I never saw anyone compulsed to explain them all. I know naked voting sounds scummy but sometimes that's all the time you've got.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:16 am

OK, well, let me put this slightly differently for you. Could you briefly explain why you think RuiRui is town?
#greenshirtthursdays
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Sashaddin »

About Ruirui, I know there isn' t much, but

I like to be read with a strong opinion, scumread or townread doesn't matter
They seem to be reluctant at my lynch, another strong feeling
I like and

P.Edit: Yay, a cross-post
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:44 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 514, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 508, Exilon wrote:Uzi (or is it LUV?) asks: why don't you have an opinion on my vote?
I meant that I didn't know how his opinion of me should affect the game differently than how the other players see me. It was not affirmative, it was interrogative.
Please walk through it with baby steps, I don't get how this comftown-from-the-start affects this game.
Well generally when there's two mutually exclusive hypotheses, interrogating one of them indicates the assumption of the opposite.

In other words, if you would ask "I don't know how god can exist?", your initial assumption is that god doesn't exist.
So within the interrogation there is a necessary affirmation. So when you interrogate him, there's an affirmation behind it. I simply brought it to the forefront to make it clear that you didn't answer his question (for whatever reason):

He asked you why you hadn't voiced
your opinion
on his vote.

Your answer addressed the topic,
his opinion

Completely separate things.

Anyway, in regards to the bolded quoted text, I don't really know what type of answer you're looking for? Besides what's been mentioned, anyway.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 522, Exilon wrote:He asked you why you hadn't voiced your opinion on his vote.

Your answer addressed the topic, his opinion.
Ah, we're getting somewhere I think. I didn't care about the opinion of LUV because I don't understand how is opinion is affecting the game differently. That's why I didn't voice my opinion on his vote. Because I can't see what difference it makes, so it didn't come to my mind.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 522, Exilon wrote:Anyway, in regards to the bolded quoted text, I don't really know what type of answer you're looking for? Besides what's been mentioned, anyway.
I don't know how someone we know is green can have more importance than anyone, Day 1 especially, since no one has had time to use thier powers yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”