she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 594, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 593, skitter30 wrote:idk if inferno is tunneled really,
you really are tunneled if you don't see it.

do you remember the part where he made like 5 posts saying that I was scum because I felt the need to produce content in response to you saying you wanted to sort me?
I mean yeah it felt like u were/are teying to get me to townread u, he was right. Like i said there i was a little dubious of that convo because u were talking to me like u know i'm town and like u wanted me to think u were too

It felt kinda buddying-y
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 595, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 593, skitter30 wrote:i don't think his garmr read is particularly a reach; i was in the game he was scum with garmr. sash was *a lot* more confident as scum there (i was hard-townreading him for a while iirc), and garmr looks kinda simialr, so i'm not surprised he feels this way
that's right. it wasn't a reach so much as it was easily faked
It could be faked, sure, but i can also see why town!him would feel this.

I guess my overall vibe is that you're attributing things to scum!sash that i'm not sure are inherently scummy, things that i can see coming from town too

Like i'm not sure why u thinj this is inherently faked and not considering that town might feel this way too
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 596, Exilon wrote:I reread a bit. I really am fine with Sash's lynch.
Skitter30 wrote:i'm debating whether or not i think channel's outburst is scummy; i'm still thinking about it
i think it's fakeable in real time for some people
this is weird to me.

Is the outburst in itself possibly scummy to you (but genuine) or can it be scummy *because* it could be faked?
If the latter, why would you fake an outburst?
I maybe described that wrong/badly. I don't know if the outbursr is inherently ai. I can see scum faking it, ir actually feeling that way and being frustrated.

I dont think it's a reason to townread *or* scumread him
Show
Hiatus once more.

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Egix96 »

Not so sure that inferno is town now.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 599, skitter30 wrote:Also bolded feels like ur conceding the point that he's been townie and then redirecting me towards something else u can try to convince me is scummy
yeah that's exactly what I was doing because scum makes townie posts, and i'm not going to argue that they're scummy. that would diminish from stronger arguments, like how sash's recent posts are scummy
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 604, u r a person 2 wrote:that would diminish from stronger arguments, like how sash's recent posts are scummy
Scummy by Nature is my garage cover-up band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx3GSL2KWs
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:40 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 605, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 604, u r a person 2 wrote:that would diminish from stronger arguments, like how sash's recent posts are scummy
Scummy by Nature is my garage cover-up band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idx3GSL2KWs
i laughed a little louder than I probably should have ;P
103-11 0-2
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 604, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 599, skitter30 wrote:Also bolded feels like ur conceding the point that he's been townie and then redirecting me towards something else u can try to convince me is scummy
yeah that's exactly what I was doing because scum makes townie posts, and i'm not going to argue that they're scummy. that would diminish from stronger arguments, like how sash's recent posts are scummy
If Sash’s early posts were townie, then why were you scumreading him for those posts?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:50 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 607, Inferno390 wrote:
If Sash’s early posts were townie, then why were you scumreading him for those posts?
we weren't referring to an earlier post.
103-11 0-2
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Were you scumreading him before his more recent posts?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

you know that i was
103-11 0-2
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Inferno390 »

But you just admitted he was townie early on?

Inferno390 GTKAS

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 7:44 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

no, you're mistaken.
103-11 0-2
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Garmr »

Inferno can I ask if you are actually reading the game?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Then what’s this?
You say that his recent posts are scummy. But you say that his early posts were not townie. Then why are you trying to convince skitter that Sash has been townie? Where do you think he has been townie?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Not to mention that Sash’s “scummy” posts is not a stronger argument because just as scum can make townie posts, the reverse is also true: Town can make scummy posts.

So I’m not understanding what you are saying. You say that you admit the Sash was townie, but you say his early posts are not townie and his recent posts are scummy. So then when was Sash townie? And if he wasn’t townie, why are you conceding the point that Sash was townie to skitter?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Because as far as I can tell there are two parts of Sash’s ISO: Early Sash and Current Sash. If Early Sash was not townie and Current Sash is scummy, then when was Sash ever townie?

Inferno390 GTKAS

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I was responding to this by Skitter
In post 591, skitter30 wrote:also i think his utter confusion as to why luv's reads should have more ~weight~ is kinda townie (or, well, not weight exactly, but should be given more credence since we *know* he's town); i don't think that scum really forget the ~importance~ of an ic or are like obvlivious to that sort of thing or like try to shade him that way
Which was referencing the following posts. And actually, I only really think the initial response could be seen as townie. By the end when Sash understands the question and still falls back to the same line, I become pretty meh on the whole thing. But like I said, I don't think this interaction is best analyzed when trying to determine their alignment.

Spoiler:
In post 496, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 492, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m confirmed town. Why do you not have an opinion on me voting for you?
I don't know how your opinion could effect the game differently than other players. If you want to explain please? :?:
In post 506, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 502, Exilon wrote:
In post 496, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 492, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I’m confirmed town. Why do you not have an opinion on me voting for you?
I don't know how your opinion could effect the game differently than other players. If you want to explain please? :?:
:?
In post 5, tris wrote:
An Announcement:

Lil Uzi Vert is
aligned with town
I know, but HOW does it change something?
In post 514, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 508, Exilon wrote:Uzi (or is it LUV?) asks: why don't you have an opinion on my vote?
sash answers: your opinion doesn't affect the game any differently than any other player (???? this isn't a response to the question whatsoever)
I meant that I didn't know how his opinion of me should affect the game differently than how the other players see me. It was not affirmative, it was interrogative.
Please walk through it with baby steps, I don't get how this comftown-from-the-start affects this game.
In post 523, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 522, Exilon wrote:He asked you why you hadn't voiced your opinion on his vote.

Your answer addressed the topic, his opinion.
Ah, we're getting somewhere I think. I didn't care about the opinion of LUV because I don't understand how is opinion is affecting the game differently. That's why I didn't voice my opinion on his vote. Because I can't see what difference it makes, so it didn't come to my mind.
103-11 0-2
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Ok none i understand.
Thank you for clearing that up

Inferno390 GTKAS

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 566, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 557, Ausuka wrote:
In post 491, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 274, Ausuka wrote:I think that Sasha is scum, but I think it would be a mistake to lynch Inferno next. I kind of feel like Sasha has been trying to buddy Inferno, and if they were partners and Inferno was committed to not bussing he would vote Ruirui. What he's done instead makes himself look bad on a Sasha scumflip and doesn't really help save him, imo.
How has Sasha been trying to buddy Inferno? They have little to no interactions with each other and he seemed to make it very clear that he didn’t want to get involved in the spat with Exil.
In post 304, Ausuka wrote: Also I feel like his play has been to try and buddy Inferno? Like, first he calls Inferno's massive case great, then joins him on Urap, then Garmr forms his Inferno push and Sasha comes to his defense, recycling the same "opportunistic" line Inferno used, in .
this is why i think this; i don't think it's a "gross misrepresentation" at all.

@sasha: i don't think you're necessarily playing badly? if you want to get better at playing, something you could is reading old games, and looking at what scum do. you can learn how scum behave and when you're scum you can try and avoid those kinds of behaviours. at least that's what i do.

i can't think of anyone i'd like to lynch more than sasha. i'd like their flip here and i don't particularly feel like urap is scum (although i guess i don't exactly have a reason to think this, they just feel genuine to me) and inferno seems tunnely-town like he is usually.
I missed this on my catch-up. What I get for skimming :lol:

I don’t see how agreeing with ones analysis in the most non-enthusiastic way is buddying. I also don’t see the second point either and I don’t see why he attempts to buddy Inferno there as scum. Inferno wasn’t voting for him at the time and didn’t really have the intention too either.

Don’t mean to be hung up on this but I’m just not following how you reached that he was buddying. It has been one of the reasons why I’ve been reconsidering Sasha.
i don't see how it's in the most non-enthusiastic way or what you're getting at here at all really? inferno's case there wasn't exactly the best and i wouldn't expect town to sheep it; he later also sheeps inferno's points on garmr, and agrees with inferno's biggest tunnel. none of these things are conclusive evidence alone, but added together, i think it's likely sasha made a concerted effort to buddy inferno here.

as for why you would do that - it's good to have someone on your side as scum, especially someone as loud and active as inferno is.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 603, Egix96 wrote:Not so sure that inferno is town now.
can you elaborate on why this is? like he still seems really townie to me.

sorry that i'm not contributing that much; i think sasha is red here but i'm not confident enough on that right now to build reads on the basis of him flipping red, and honestly my reads are very different based on what sasha flips. i think we're still lynching sasha today and once we do i'll form better reads on the other players; i realize we need highrisk to catch up first though.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 619, Ausuka wrote:as for why you would do that - it's good to have someone on your side as scum, especially someone as loud and active as inferno is.
Why thank you
I think

Inferno390 GTKAS

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 11:10 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I could really do with a vote count to see what our options are with deadline approaching.

I expect that I will vote Sash before too long, in the interests of getting on with it and having an interesting wagon to analyse later.
#greenshirtthursdays
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2019 11:20 am

Post by tris »