u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

like, im flailing a lil bit here

no one looks overtly scummy, but reading the iso again i can see what you mean about his push on you being genuine

how solid are you feeling in your reads right now skitter?
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

uh not that great really
i don't really have scumreads rn

that's why i'm pushing on my nullreads

although my read on exilon has worsened during this last exchange with him .... i'm kinda weirded out that he called my post gaslighting?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1226, skitter30 wrote:uh not that great really
i don't really have scumreads rn

that's why i'm pushing on my nullreads

although my read on exilon has worsened during this last exchange with him .... i'm kinda weirded out that he called my post gaslighting?
yeah that was weird but i don't know from which alignment weird

if you had said you loved your reads i'd have just sheeped you

like, im not super confident in anything i've been pushing regardless of the confidence I may have expressed
103-11 0-2
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by tris »

VC 2.05
Sashaddin (3):
bob3141 , Garmr
Egix96 (2):
Exilon , u r a person 2
Garmr (1):
Sashaddin
Exilon (1):
skitter30
bob3141 (1):
Ausuka

Not Voting:
Lil Uzi Vert, Egix96, Inferno390 , High Risk Gamble

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-17 19:00:00)
High Risk Gamble
High Risk Gamble
Goon
High Risk Gamble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by High Risk Gamble »

In post 1177, u r a person 2 wrote:Why doesn't egix look like scum here? @HRG
Because Egix isn't posting like scum him.
I'm sure that scum Egix votes Sash here as scum even if buddies together.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1229, High Risk Gamble wrote:
let's say i sheep skitter on you
and i sheep you on egix

give me some options for today's lynch
103-11 0-2
High Risk Gamble
High Risk Gamble
Goon
High Risk Gamble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 8:30 pm

In post 1210, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1170, High Risk Gamble wrote:UNVOTE: Skitter
why don't u think i'm scum anymore?
what do u think of exilon?
Well I still a few marked up to read but you seem very one tracked minded and a lot more direct as scum. I'm sure the effort if pit in 100% but you come off as less caring to how the game state is as scum.

Here although I'm disagreeing with a lot of what your saying the posting style is very different and although I think the questions look/appear like they lack genuine attitude you're not just sitting on a read and trying to skim by.

I'm confident enough to not vote you for now.

Exilon I really like as town.
High Risk Gamble
High Risk Gamble
Goon
High Risk Gamble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm

In post 1230, u r a person 2 wrote:
let's say i sheep skitter on you
and i sheep you on egix

give me some options for today's lynch
Sorry my uber turned up.
Bob or Ausuka. Both promising lynches but I really need to stop being lazy and explain why.

Also I thought you had Skitter as town already?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu May 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

i do. I was saying, let's say that I sheep skitter's town read on you
103-11 0-2
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 am

Post by Exilon »

In post 1211, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:and drawing conclusions, obviously.
a) i'm not gaslighting you, that's kind of a weird thing ot accuse me tbh? like why do you think i'm lying to you about your motives/analysis instead of just ... sharing what i think about it?

b) no offense but i don't think any of the conclusions you draw are really like ... noteworthy, or indicative of original town thought. they're all a lot more summarize-y than anything else
a) #ISaidIFelt
What I meant is I feel you're dismissing the analysis in a way that comes across as a bit dishonest to me. At certain points you agree with the analysis I make but you still don't see the conclusions as more likely and while it's all a a bit ambiguous (in the sense is actions can be mostly seen from both perspectives it seems), your conclusion to the content is basically "well I can see town doing that, sooooooooooooo"
Which is basically the argument you bring up for me, "I can see myself making posts like that as scum, sooooooo", (which is already terrible enough on its own, re: projecting) and then you vote for me, and not him, so it all feels like unfairly biased for what is essentially you being arbitrary about it. If we're both nullreads to you, what is tilting you to be pushing me instead of him? Projection? Bias? What am I missing here?

b) K, lol
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:YOUR OWN assumption is also not necessarily true, especially because two posts later in 167 his words are still aligned with a CDB scumread. And still voting for him.
my assumption might not be true, sure. yours might not be either, that's thing.
you'll also notice that i didn't say that egix said he wasn't scumreading channel anymore, but that i said i *coudln't tell* if egix was still scumreading channel. my point is that i couldn't tell what egix's read was and that i thus couldn't tell if whether or not your assumption was valid
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:Even without regarding the above, the worst part to me is how you ignore Egix's own words about the subject:
you do realize that is after , right?
i hadn't read that far yet
I want to apologize for this, I confused the posts. Let me reframe the question, so hopefully you can address it:
His latest post confirms my interpretation and denies yours. Essentially, he was sheeping his top scumread. Town does this??
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:What do town do often? Sheep a wagon from their previously top scumread?
At that point IIRC Egix had been voting CDB, and his suspicion had been fading, but then he sheeps that vote? Like there aren't only 3 people in this game. Either CDB went from top scumread to top townread or something along those lines, and everyone inbetween was null and not worth trusting,
or Egix's own suspicion wasn't even that strong to begin with.

Which is fine and possibly town, but it's still a terrible look for him.
i think it was the bolded. and sure, it's a terrible look. i don't think it's inherently scummy tho; i think town do this sort of thing too (esp. in rvs when reads aren't necessarily established yet)
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:Bolded is analysis and interpretation, very obviously, so I don't even know what you're looking at here that makes you say that. You keep invoking this IIOA thing without regard to the purpose of the information which is really dismissive and akin to a fallacy fallacy.
it feels like a summary more than anything else to me
It's objectively not just a summary, so this looks like you're compelled to dismiss the whole thing because you don't want to have to address it too deeply.

To reiterate, I post a summary + analysis;
You say it's information instead of analysis, which is a content-argument;
I apply that logic to show it's not, disproving your claim, which should force you to reconsider it instead of dismissing it;
You change into an emotion-argument to keep dismissing it.

My point here isn't what is or isn't, it's how you're doing it.
In post 1171, Exilon wrote:And now you're strawmanning. My main conclusion is that the way he's been playing supports a scum agenda, which justifies a vote. It's literally there, written just outside of your bolding.

I do hope your vote isn't the byproduct of your projecting.
i disagree that anything you've written proves that egix's reads are just for show
you've shown that he's doing things that scum can do, sure. most of the things you've highlightd i also think are *entirely* possible to come from town, and i don't see any particularly reason to believe why it's more likely these things came from scum!egix than town!egix.
i don't think you've demonstrated scum motivation here (ie specifically in the sense of showing why you think this is *more* likely to come from scum than town).

what exactly do u mean by 'supporting a scum agenda'?
this circles back to the beginning so I won't repeat myself except to say I get that you find my case on Egix to be null-indicative at best.
By supporting a scum agenda I mean his actions have been harmful to town.
Feels like I've been here before.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1199, Exilon wrote:But I doi have to say that I can see Bob being misguided town and for now that's where I'm leaning
Yeah I'm starting to see it too.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Egix96 »

Are you willing to elaborate on this or nah?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1234, Exilon wrote:To reiterate, I post a summary + analysis;
You say it's information instead of analysis, which is a content-argument;
I apply that logic to show it's not, disproving your claim, which should force you to reconsider it instead of dismissing it;
You change into an emotion-argument to keep dismissing it.
that post was pretty iioa, tho
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

ooooh it is ausuka scum, huh

VOTE: ausuka

I dunno how i missed the over-explaining

but this would also make a shit ton of sense for how I'm interpreting this gamestate rn
103-11 0-2
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I’m really behind and there’s way too much for me to sort rn
So someone talk to me
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1239, Inferno390 wrote:I’m really behind and there’s way too much for me to sort rn
So someone talk to me
you posted like 80 posts ago. cant be that far behind
103-11 0-2
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1207, bob3141 wrote:Could see anything off with his post ( no sort perceptive mistakes ) aswell as his reasoning for why he though CDB was NKed was consistant. Even if it could be applied to him and a few others. But since most players had publicly started taht they were town reading CBD (day one), it woudlnt realy have narrowed it down much.
So it was just that nothing was scummy about those particular posts?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1238, u r a person 2 wrote:ooooh it is ausuka scum, huh

VOTE: ausuka

I dunno how i missed the over-explaining

but this would also make a shit ton of sense for how I'm interpreting this gamestate rn
what do you mean by overexplaining?
Spoiler:
In post 285, Ausuka wrote:
In post 222, Baezu wrote:Looking over the entire thread, Alchemist has mostly had short comments and questions here and there so I don’t feel a real solid towniness from him. The fact that he agreed with umlauts conclusions raises him up a few townie points for me because umlaut is a TR in my mind.
Why is this worthy of a townread?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: This post in particular pings me the wrong way...it almost feels like she’s trying to distance herself from RCE.
What part of this makes you think I'm distancing myself from RCE? I'm expressing a townread from him.
In post 222, Baezu wrote:And if she didn’t really know who else to vote for, why put a vote on Siv? Simply because they have not responded?
"This specifically just feels fake. Sure, what he mentions is certainly a possibility, but I don't see any evidence that this actually happened rather than Hitalt legitimately just forgetting about S_S's vote. The last sentence just feels slimy tbh.

He also says he's voting Hitalt because there's a number of red flags but for whatever reason doesn't specify what those red flags are."
You quoted this post; what happened? Do you think it's not reasoning for my Siv vote?
In post 108, Ausuka wrote: Ausuka seems to me like someone playing scum really well
Can you provide evidence for this. What exactly in my play makes me "scum playing really well" rather than town? You mentioned me distancing myself from RCE, sure, although I don't see how that happened at all; is there anything else at all or is this it?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: Honestly, the post from hitalt makes a lot of sense to me reading back over the thread. When I first read hitalt’s posts as he was writing them, they came across as scummy but I believe him when he said that he didn’t see SS’s self vote and his posts generally seem towny
In post 59, HitAlt wrote:
In post 56, Fuscosco wrote:I selfvoted because i could, because it sparks discussion, and because, aside from conspicuously not voting at all, its my mo
Fine enough.

VOTE: ausuka - time to activate.
What about 59 makes Hitalt town? It seems very NAI to me. Why did you even scumread them in the first place?
In post 222, Baezu wrote: This post from RCE really rubs me the wrong way...a lot of his posts don’t have much content and again, he goes from voting me to voting Siv, whom I feel is the other easy mark.....not feeling crazy town vibes from RCE
If he's done scumhunting (which he has) does it matter so much if a few of his posts don't have much content? I don't really understand.
In post 222, Baezu wrote: I understand why Siv made this vote- he himself had said before that hitalt was pinging him with red flags, but reading over it again, it seems like he might be buddying up to me because hitalt’s posts aren’t particularly scummy when you look at the entire thread...
You say you understand why Siv made this vote but you also seem to be saying you don't understand why Siv made this vote. I don't really understand this at all.
In post 222, Baezu wrote: The other thing that bothers me about Siv is that he’s doing “well enough” and by that I mean, trying to seem just towny enough to get by. Kind of a lesser version of what ausuka is doing
Can you elaborate on how I'm just trying to seem towny enough to get by?

Why do you think voting Siv is an "easy mark" -> an easy ML but also think he's scum?
In post 420, Ausuka wrote:Rn I think Baezu is scum because:
1) I think her early game was kinda trying to blend in more than anything without much desire to scumhunt.
In post 47, Baezu wrote:
In post 45, Umlaut wrote:S_S and Fuscosco are obviously not scum together. Likewise S_S and HitAlt.
In post 29, RCEnigma wrote:Why'd you put a vote down before you had an answer to your question?
Weird question. Why wait? When should someone put a vote down?
I found that weird also...It’s RVS why does he need to wait to cast his vote for you?
In post 62, Baezu wrote:UNVOTE: umlaut

Liking his posts
In post 91, Baezu wrote:I’m happy considering SS, ausuka and especially umlaut towny for now

In other news, methinks hitalt is seeming pretty scummy
She echoes Umlaut's question, unvotes him and gives pretty plain reads on the rest of the players. Like there isn't much scumhunting intent behind these posts and they look more like "I'm trying to post stuff that looks normal" than "I'm trying to find and lynch scum."

2) and seem weird to me. Like she just kind of votes FL and then unvotes? I feel like she's just trying to hop on the wagon and then unvotes once she realizes it's a serious thing?

3) Her scumread on me imo makes no sense. I'm trying to distance myself from RCE in a post where I unvote him? I don't think she's reading my posts that carefully if she's asking why I'm voting Siv; I made that clear in the same post that I voted him in the first place. These are the only two real points I see; anything else is kinda vague. She says that I seem like someone playing scum really well - but apparently this is just a compliment and not a point at all, so I think this is it, other than that my playstyle is "too perfect" - which just seems nonsensical. What even is a perfect playstyle anyway?
My suggestion as to why she'd do this as scum instead, is that she's being wagoned up and needs something to change. Her partner(s) may be lurky or have given up already. So, seeing herself in a tough spot, she may attempt to push a player she sees as obviously town, and then say this as a defense:
In post 308, Baezu wrote:If ausuka does end up getting lynched and she does happen to be town, I'm pretty much getting lynched Day 2. As scum, I would not feel comfortable going after someone whom everyone sees as "so town" - losing a scum day 2 would seriously cripple the scum team. If I were scum, I'd put my vote where the majority of votes are going so as not to draw attention to myself
I think this is a more likely thought process than any town thought process behind her push.
In post 295, Baezu wrote:
In post 293, Ausuka wrote:
In post 257, Baezu wrote:I’m gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx
mmm
I see you've already made up your mind about me, and so everything I say you're using to support your theory, which is fine, but I would encourage you to take those lenses off and actually read the content of my bigger posts
This also doesn't seem like something you say to your top scumread.

4) She seems very postury at points. Specifically:
In post 257, Baezu wrote:I’m gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx
This honestly just screams fake to me.
In post 300, Baezu wrote:Well, sounds like there’s a consensus. So why haven’t I been lynched yet? Make it happen, guys. I’m not going to vote myself. Wouldn’t everyone rather have actual concrete information with which to work tomorrow?
This isn't as fake as the quote above but I'm a little wary about how she seems to change to and from this mindset so quickly.

5) She says things like "I'm gonna laugh so hard when they lynch your scummy slot slaxx" and Slaxx is the more scumread of me and him I think. She even says at one point there should be a wagon on slaxx - why doesn't she ever try and make one happen?

6) Her mini-push on RCE is weird and doesn't feel like it comes from a town mindset. Like she says that he's likely to be scum because a lot of his posts don't have much content - I think this is a strange way to look at RCE rather than judging him by how much scumhunting he's done overall. She says this is subjective but like I don't really see how it is? Perhaps more importantly, she calls voting Siv an "easy mark" but she also has Siv as her second top scumread - surely she should be understanding where RCE is coming from on this rather than criticizing him for it? Like I don't get the attitude of calling a scumread an easy mislynch.

Can someone who townreads Baezu tell me why? If anyone explained it already I totally missed it but I don't think they have.

if you mean like, posting a lot about certain people and points - the spoiler above is me doing that as town in a different game.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Yeah that's what I meant.

I'm not going to do a meta dive to see if it's really the same, I'm just not.

But if you're not scum, help me out here because this game state feels like we're no where close to landing on a scum lynch

and i think that gives you scum equity all on its own
103-11 0-2
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i'm literally voting someone who you said you would vote. i've explained why they're scum here. what more do you want?

how is it metadiving if I literally give you the posts in a spoiler. you don't even need to actually read it, just notice that I post big posts as town too.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

i did read that, you're right that does look similar
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I meant that I'm not going to do a metadive to confirm. like 2 posts does not a meta read make
103-11 0-2
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri May 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 1239, Inferno390 wrote:I’m really behind and there’s way too much for me to sort rn
So someone talk to me
OK, what are your reads of Egix, Ausuka and Exilon?
Am I still in your lynchpool?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2019 3:01 am

Post by tris »