Newbie 1934: Tundra (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Baezu »

Catching up now
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Pine »

In post 787, Menalque wrote:I’m finding something confusing about your play here, Pine. Baezu isn’t happening. The wagons at this point are you or teacher.
If you are VT then it’s in your interest as a town player to do whatever you can to avoid being lynched.
But instead of putting your vote on the other existing wagon, leaving the possibility that someone might switch from your wagon to that one,
you start a vanity.
Why?
Hmm. Well, before the most recent VC, I didn't realize quite how big the teacher wagon was, so that does make a difference. He's definitely a possibility, and I'm willing to compromise on him.

However, I want to address the two bolded assertions. First, we have philosophical differences on the "job" of a VT. I am absolutely willing to take a bullet or a ML for Town IF it gains us something. I think there's some merit and progression to having me flip here, as it would establish a lot of decent associatives and motive information. In particular, it would help outline the motives of some of the people who've been eager to silence my input. In contrast, throwing away one of your most experienced and capable players for so little a gain is ludicrous. HOWEVER, that is NOT the VT's highest priority, and here's where we disagree. It's not about dying bravely for King and Country, and it isn't resisting the rope with every fiber. The first responsibility of every Townie is to SCUMHUNT. Find the scum and prosecute the offenders.

{Irrelephant, teacher, Baezu}. However, two of those are strong, experienced, and active players, and one is not. This makes her the optimal first lynch.

In a slow-moving, large game, 48-ish hours wouldn't be enough time. It is not, however, too late to pivot to a better choice.

Tell me...do you think Baezu is Town? What has she done that's been Townish at all?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am

Post by teacher »

I’ll flip after cinnamon has a chance to confirm they are good, and pine leaves whatever will he wants.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 am

Post by teacher »

Ah didn’t see this page. But the silencing point is why I’m waiting.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Pine »

teacher, engage me on Baezu.

Your ISO is absolutely
riddled
with suspicion of her, but you're instead laser-focused on lynching me, when your only real case seems to be that my predecessor was a lurker who made a single post that you didn't like. How does that one point outweigh the dozen or so times you expressed suspicion of Baezu?

See, this is what I find maddening. I don't see any kind of case against me, nothing to defend against or refute. It's all "but Raya was scummy!" She was a newbie who made a single substantive post. I've made more than ten times that.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Cinnamon »

I would also love to hear from Baezu. I agree with Eggs that there are teams Baezu is in that Pine would not be (Irrelephant + Baezu for example) and they have been quiet.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Cinnamon »

However after we hear from Baezu we should make a final decision because I agree this day is unlikely to provide much more information
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 am

Post by teacher »

Will do after 8. W kids
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Baezu »

Cinnamon- from the beginning, he came across as town . He pointed out the L-1 gag and just got townier from there

Eggs- I still don’t like his “explanation” for getting involved in the L-1 gag. I really think this was set up by scum to cause confusion in the game. Since then, though he’s been very townie and

FL- to me he’s obvstown this game- to the point that I’m scumpecting everyine who reads him as otherwise

Irrel- I didn’t like his opening posts and . He instigated the L-1 gags, which is death in a newbie game because it just confuses everyone. His vote on cinnamon is just bad! He is “unsure” a lot which is usually a town tell but I can’t help but feel that the way he’s doing it is coming across more as “confused” scum. Also, hating his interaction with teacher- it just seems SvS

Menalque- town

Pine- I disagree with voted that when he thought he was hammered he came across as scummy. I thought he came across as more towny, actually. I just think this slot is such an easy mislynch that scum is all over it

Teacher- I don’t like his response to irrel vote on him , I don’t like how he keeps insisting on Rayo claiming and I really don’t like how he points to the thread greet as a newbscum tell

Voted- don’t like . He also points to thread greeting. He flat out role fishes in and then he thinks pine’s defense post “hammer” is scummy

Thinking scum team is elephant/voted

VOTE: voted
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Baezu »

I’m on now and ready to engage
Show

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Cinnamon »

If you think the Pine slot is an easy mislynch, Voted has also been brought up previously as mislynch bait in a comparable situation. Why do you think that Pine is more likely a mislynch than Voted?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Eggs »

I don't expect I'll be moving my vote at this point. I think there's sufficient chance of a scum flip and I'd rather not get more claims out there than necessary.

Subject to being convinced otherwise.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Voted »

What does mean SvS?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Eggs »

scum vs scum
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Voted »

So Irrelephant and Teacher are doing samething like scum vs scum, but you vote me?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Baezu »

I’m willing to vote voted, teacher or irrelephant tbh
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 810, Cinnamon wrote:If you think the Pine slot is an easy mislynch, Voted has also been brought up previously as mislynch bait in a comparable situation. Why do you think that Pine is more likely a mislynch than Voted?
Read their ISOs
Show

Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Goon
Cinnamon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Cinnamon »

Eh I got most of what I wanted to hear from Baezu from their reads list. I really do think this day just needs to end.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by teacher »

Pine you around?

Baezu, care to answer 591, 592, or 595 at any point?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 591, teacher wrote:Howdy bae. Glad you had fun. Want to share why you thought the raya wagon was shite?
Do you not feel like I addressed this in my recent post? I didn’t think that slot was scummy...why did you think that slot was scummy?
In post 592, teacher wrote:
In post 530, teacher wrote:
In post 407, Baezu wrote:
In post 289, teacher wrote:Whole board reads:.[/list]
Teacher, you can do better than this...this seems really non commital
How do. I thought I was pretty clearly pushing Voted and openness to Nav/Rays and saying Menalque, Elephant, and Cinnamon were no-lynch.

What slot did you feel I didn’t commit on other than eggs and your own?
Also this since it was a couple pages ago now.
Let me go find your reads list and I’ll tell you
In post 595, teacher wrote:Also, bae, I need broader reads from you. You’ve drowned flavor, scummed me, and shaded eggs, voted, and cinnamon. That’s rather shadesided and definitely ignores three slots.
Again, did I address this in my recent reads list, or did you have a specific question that I missed?
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 289, teacher wrote:Whole board reads:
  • Nav: Awkward RVS and bizarrely focused on Eggs in ISO. Mechanical scumread from replacement as well.
  • Menalque: Driving the crap out of the game. No way scum comes in with the wall to restart the game after the holiday and mid-game day duldrums. Locktown.
  • Voted: Early board reads list that has odd positioning on Menalque. Dont get why their only vote is navneet, three times over. While I agree with him on most game-theory discussion, dont see much if anything game advancing. Scumlean
  • Cinnamon -- I Love the early game question to elephant re nav. While I have some questions about the reads (e.g., I dont see Flavor as trying to do anything, much less "look towny), I think that difference is more town-indicative of Cinammon trying to find something and analyze it. I really do wish they would pay less attention to SEs - I find it it odd they havent mentioned Eggs, other than to call him apathetic, which seems way off. Town-lean
  • Uncle Bob -- Spicy entrance with odd words in multiple posts; cant name one player other than menalque (the board consensus) that he townreads. Limited thread presence even when active. Cant shake the feeling that this is the LHF mislynch. Null.
  • Eggs -- Very difficult for me to read. Active and advancing the game, but had a weird self-consciousness about being the third on the wagon and sheeping. The readslist in felt oddly townsided, and 105 right after felt defensive. Odd that theyd drop the sheep and push a wagon right as the Voted wagon got serious. I dont want to lynch this due to activity levels, and I think scum does not make the L-2 mistake. I will give it a null.
  • Teacher -- dirtbag.
  • Elephant -- not lynching D1, regardless of reads. And I read him as a strong townlean, despite the lint in my mouth from all the posts he quoted.
  • Flavor -- townlean. This is how Ive seen them play. Im pretty sure he could do it as any style, but I can see some thought process back there too.
I feel like you were non-commital on nav, cinnamon, my slot, eggs, elephant and FL
Show

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 819, Baezu wrote:
In post 591, teacher wrote:Howdy bae. Glad you had fun. Want to share why you thought the raya wagon was shite?
Do you not feel like I addressed this in my recent post? I didn’t think that slot was scummy...why did you think that slot was scummy?
OK, so the issue was not the "wagon", it was the "target". I was asking you to localize why you thought the wagon was probmlematic, because I misunderstood your thrust.

Why did you not scum/null the nav slot? what about it was town?

Bringing in your point about the newb-tell of greeting the thread, why do you find it scummy to use it? It is, after all, statistically validated.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 820, Baezu wrote:
In post 289, teacher wrote:Whole board reads:
  • Nav: Awkward RVS and bizarrely focused on Eggs in ISO. Mechanical scumread from replacement as well.
  • Menalque: Driving the crap out of the game. No way scum comes in with the wall to restart the game after the holiday and mid-game day duldrums. Locktown.
  • Voted: Early board reads list that has odd positioning on Menalque. Dont get why their only vote is navneet, three times over. While I agree with him on most game-theory discussion, dont see much if anything game advancing. Scumlean
  • Cinnamon -- I Love the early game question to elephant re nav. While I have some questions about the reads (e.g., I dont see Flavor as trying to do anything, much less "look towny), I think that difference is more town-indicative of Cinammon trying to find something and analyze it. I really do wish they would pay less attention to SEs - I find it it odd they havent mentioned Eggs, other than to call him apathetic, which seems way off. Town-lean
  • Uncle Bob -- Spicy entrance with odd words in multiple posts; cant name one player other than menalque (the board consensus) that he townreads. Limited thread presence even when active. Cant shake the feeling that this is the LHF mislynch. Null.
  • Eggs -- Very difficult for me to read. Active and advancing the game, but had a weird self-consciousness about being the third on the wagon and sheeping. The readslist in felt oddly townsided, and 105 right after felt defensive. Odd that theyd drop the sheep and push a wagon right as the Voted wagon got serious. I dont want to lynch this due to activity levels, and I think scum does not make the L-2 mistake. I will give it a null.
  • Teacher -- dirtbag.
  • Elephant -- not lynching D1, regardless of reads. And I read him as a strong townlean, despite the lint in my mouth from all the posts he quoted.
  • Flavor -- townlean. This is how Ive seen them play. Im pretty sure he could do it as any style, but I can see some thought process back there too.
I feel like you were non-commital on nav, cinnamon, my slot, eggs, elephant and FL
How on gods green earth are Nav ("mechanical scumread") and Elephant ("strong townlean") noncommittal? I will grant you I was noncommittal on the two nullreads.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Baezu »

As a teacher you should know that statistics and probability don’t necessarily translate into reality
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 821, teacher wrote:
In post 819, Baezu wrote:
OK, so the issue was not the "wagon", it was the "target". I was asking you to localize why you thought the wagon was probmlematic, because I misunderstood your thrust.

Why did you not scum/null the nav slot? what about it was town?

Bringing in your point about the newb-tell of greeting the thread, why do you find it scummy to use it? It is, after all, statistically validated.
My previous post was in relation to this bud also, on a personal level, I greet the thread about half the time regardless of alignment
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”