Newbie 1934: Tundra (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by teacher »

@Pine, Im hammering you shortly. I said Id be back on to engage with you, but you arent here.

Yes I suspect Baezu, for one of the reasons I suspect you -- lurking newb flake. But I suspect you for more than that: the greeting-tell, Navneet's ignoring the RVS shenanigans, Raya's enterance readslist and the pockets that came with it. No, none of this really has to do with your play. The slot was not redeemable, and cannot be allowed to continue in the game. Further, I think your lynch has two additional benefits: the better associational data to guide PRs tonight and reset reads if need be tomorrow, and the fact that you are already claimed. If youre scum, as Ive said, I got a whole long list of clears. If your town, it breaks my current townblock and makes me takes Flavor's case seriously rather than an attempt to redirect/counterwagon.

At the start you said you were going to do a read through and stream of consciousness. If you have said all you are going to say, I will hammer. The hammer will fall tomorrow afternoon NY time regardless, to leave you time to compose a will if you want.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 823, Baezu wrote:As a teacher you should know that statistics and probability don’t necessarily translate into reality
Best Mafia strategy advice I have ever read: [url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... babilities[/url]

Yes, it is certainly possible a slot that has greeted the thread twice, and flaked twice is town. But it is far more likely to be scum. Play the probable rather than the possible.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 826, teacher wrote:
In post 823, Baezu wrote:As a teacher you should know that statistics and probability don’t necessarily translate into reality
Best Mafia strategy advice I have ever read: Link

Yes, it is certainly possible a slot that has greeted the thread twice, and flaked twice is town. But it is far more likely to be scum. Play the probable rather than the possible.
EBWOP
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Baezu »

I feel like this conversation isn’t helping scum hunt...if you’re town, please contribute to town

This has been part of my problem with your game this game- you haven’t been really towny
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by teacher »

I am going to essentially treat this as twilight, and make two posts. This one provides (and somewhat repeats) my wagon analysis.

If Pine flips Red, I think his partner is:
Flavor 80% of the time
Baezu 20% of the time

If Pine flips green, I think the likely teams are:
(elephant-cinnamon)-Baezu 77.5%
Elephant-Flavor 10%
Elephant-voted 7.5%
Cinnamon - flavor/Voted 5%

Obviously, from the board's perspective, the green flip teams have to include me. I think Elephant has slightly higher scum-equity. Elephant-flavor is a tinfoil, but it is higher probablity than two on-wagon just because that is a long-seated belief of mine that scum are normally one-on, one-off wagon. When there are two on wagon, scum is generally in the 4th or 5th slot. It is incredibly rare for scum to have co-joint voting patterns throughout the day, as Elephant-Voted-Cinnamon have done. I rank Cinnamon-flavor significantly lower than elephant-flavor because the degree of misdirection in the day if Flavor is involved as scum and Pine town is amazingly high, making me suspect someone I know to be capable of powerscumming more than a newb, however good they may be in marathons.

Menalque and Eggs are just plain town. That conclusion leads into my next post...
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 828, Baezu wrote:I feel like this conversation isn’t helping scum hunt...if you’re town, please contribute to town

This has been part of my problem with your game this game- you haven’t been really towny
Hahahaha. That really is rich coming from you.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by teacher »

The promised next post that I am starting to include in all my newb games at or near twilight.
In post 668, teacher wrote:Since it is theoretically twilight, and this is a newb game, I'll offer these thoughts, courtesy of TW. my one difference with the advice is on Jailkeeper. If this flips green, JK should act like a doc. If red, act like a cop.
In post 608, the worst wrote:
In post 431, the worst wrote:
In post 233, the worst wrote:Subject: Newbie 1866 - Canine Mafia [GAME OVER]
the worst wrote:In case day ends quickly some advice for TPRs (just general advice, Una/Pingu jump in if you disagree or have more to add)

Cop
-- DO NOT TARGET STRONG TOWN PLAYERS OR PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO "KNOW SOMETHING". they will be night killed and your results will be useless. IME cops are best suited targeting players who are kinda null reads, leaning one way or the other. if you can reach day 3 (let's say 3 town vs 2 scum) and out yourself along with your results, that's an instant town win! even in 4v1, you can push the decision down to a 50/50 lynch. If you do get a guilty it's generally advised to either 1) out yourself instantly, or 2) make it REALLY obvious who your guilty is so if you flip town can lynch them

Neopolitan
-- go for similar targets to docs. not super obvious townies, but also not people who are super shady. do not out your results right away. town power roles and scum power roles both return "not vanilla", so if you do out a NV result it can fuck the town. Try and put them in a scummier range, if anything. If you get a Vanilla result, try and townread them subtly but in a way that we'll notice if you die. If you survive until massclaim this almost nullifies scum fakeclaims.

Tracker
-- target the shady people cops need to avoid! if you track someone to a target and they're not dead there's a decent chance the person you tracked is a town power role. reassess this based on the setup once another power role has flipped / claimed etc. If you track someone to a player who dies that night, out your result immediately as on the balance of probabilities it was the night kill.

Jailkeeper
-- i hate this role :lol: you can be a roleblocker or a doctor. if you think you can guess who is most likely to be the scum killer tonight, target them--but this function is a lot stronger lategame IMO. for the time being, be a doctor. try and target players who you would kill if you were scum (priority 1: people who you think might be town power roles. priority 2: very towny players....IMO)

Doctor
-- put on your evil hat and think "who would I kill?", then target that person. As with JK priority#1 is town power roles who you think the scumteam will be on to (generally speaking, scum are better at spotting townies who are playing like power roles than town are. so if you have a suspicion, the scumteam likely do, too). Priority #2 is to target very towny players. FRIENDLY REMINDER if you target a player and they don't die, it is very likely they're town. so try and make it clear but not too clear with your reads d2 that you've "cop cleared" them.

The Wiki has shitloads more info but I'm lazy. Google "mafiascum wiki [role name]" and have a good read.

Good luck<3
just gonna drop this iconic copypasta from a game I played a thousand years ago here for any TPRs out there. obviously don't interact with this post unless there's something you agree with at a mechanical/theory level because acknowledging it may be considered a TPR tell

this came from a game where I was trying to subtly hint at who the jk should target btw. I've had some serious successes with people sheeping these tips hence I keep digging it up

in this game the dream cop target is lavender imo because she's kinda townish but hard to get a firm read on. outside of that {Ryno, whig/Urist} are good targets for now.

won't talk about doc/jk targets because manipulating nightkills rarely works out well
also just requoting this bad boy
and once more for good measure
glglgl
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 830, teacher wrote:
In post 828, Baezu wrote:I feel like this conversation isn’t helping scum hunt...if you’re town, please contribute to town

Hahahaha. That really is rich coming from you.
The unfortunate reality for me, teacher, is that none of my town games ever seem towny

I do really like your last two posts though
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Teacher-Pine...?

Nah, I still think Pine greens.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by teacher »

Still waiting for our 1v1 sweetie.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 834, teacher wrote:Still waiting for our 1v1 sweetie.
Is this referring to FL? Because I would love to see that
Show

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by teacher »

It is. See
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

My of-the-moment thought is a Pine red flip would make me want to lynch Baezu, and a Pine green flip would make me want to flip Flavor
If Pine flips green here though my jaw will drop
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by teacher »

did you get the colors right there boss? If so, Im intrigued and surprised.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Yes
Flavor is either wrong or informed
Baezu is trying to keep his partner alive or is the only towny not swayed by your and my bad town leading
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by teacher »

But see Menalque (towny not swayed)

I see Flavor more as a save/break up terminal townblock. The fact that all the wagons have been the same is fatal if it’s red. But thanks for the peek inside. All that remains is a ticking time for Pine to do with what he will.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

But Pine’s “Irrelephant is scummy but we should keep him alive” is exactly the kind of surrvavlistic-But-don’t-want-to-look-survivalistic I’d expect from scum!Pine so I feel pretty good about this flip
When this flips red just lynch through Baezu > Flavor > cinnamon for the win

Pedit: is Menalque not interested in a Pine flip? I’ve been skimming the past few pages to check there isn’t a new wagon, I figured I could catch up in the night phase
Anyway those are my thoughts I’m no scumhunting god but this one feels solvable
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by teacher »

I think he’s interested but is in my wagon so clearly not swayed. Hope your enjoying the vacay.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I am! Sunburned but happy :]
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 840, teacher wrote:The fact that all the wagons have been the same is fatal if it’s red.
I don’t know if I missed something or if I’m just tired so my brain isn’t working very well, but why is this fatal? (I’m taking it that you mean fatal for town?) I think if the flip is red then FL becomes the scummiest player for having put so much effort into creating an alternative wagon. If this flip is green (as I think it will be) then FL becomes pretty much conftown for me and I think we’re lynching you or irrelephant tomorrow.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Menalque »

Sidebar: glad to hear you’re having a good holiday irrelephant.

Also, I’d very much like to see you 1v1 teacher in the time that’s left FL, but failing that an answer to my question (teacher’s expanded questions) would be appreciated. If you already did, I missed it — sorry.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 837, Irrelephant11 wrote:My of-the-moment thought is a Pine red flip would make me want to lynch Baezu, and a Pine green flip would make me want to flip Flavor
If Pine flips green here though my jaw will drop

Oh, how funny that teacher said a Pine red flip makes him want me.

And irrelephant says a pine green flip makes him want me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Please go teacher today. They’re setting up later mislynches.

Or PR investigate me.

Unless I’m the PR, then I’m gonna confirm Irrelephant.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

FL, why are you talking like you know there’s an investigative PR in the game?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

No need to role fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”