Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

for the pagetop
In post 99, Alisae wrote:Other nifty features for newbies to use.
A post is given a post number.
You can refer to posts using [post= tags
So for example, if I wanted to refer say "I feel like you're town/scum because of post x" all I would have to do is put [post]] tags

So for example, if I wanted to refer say "I feel like you're town/scum because of post x" all I would have to do is put and put the number inbetween them

Also, right next to the post number is the ISO button. If you click that you can view their iso.
You can also view their iso by clicking activity overview underneath the page numbers and clicking on the number of posts the person you specificly want has.
The activity overview tells you
- how many posts a person has
- when they last posted
- when their first post was made
- and lastly, how much time past since they made a post.

Also, here are a few more tricks that not that many people know and more experienced players themselves may not know.
You can look at ISOs of up to 3 people at once. To do this, look under quick reply to find "Display post by user" this by default is set to all users, but you can change that to be anyone you want who has posted in the thread. There's also a + button next to it, so you can add more people's names to it. You can only do it up to 3 people at once, but thats all you really need.

And lastly, you can use this url to display posts at 200 posts per page.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79939&ppp=200
This makes it easier to read games since you don't have to keep going to the next page, you can just infantly scroll until you reached the 200th post. THEN you have to go to the next page.
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

spicy read list to keep this new page fresh n' tasty

TOWNIE BROWNIES
LLD - town-looking 1v1, plus freakouts that make more sense from LLD-town (who goes off when she feels wronged) vs LLD-scum (who goes off when she feels cornered)

AIGHT
something_smart - still wrong about how to play mafia but level of cooperation vs resistance is right in that creamy center. woulda been a townie brownie but willingness to proxy vote is always a :s outta me
implosion - nice and calm pro-town posting but nothing that can't be faked
alisae - town looking 1v1 but I don't have the priors on alisae to read more in to it like I can for LLD and I don't like that e hasn't moved eir vote after unvoting LLD.

NULL
xyzzy - but I think having more vote justification out of xyzzy will make it easy to judge one way or the other, so I expect this to move
justincase1017 - pretty bog standard newbie posting can't read one way or the other yet
Kml100, SaeWat - no posts

OH DANG
popsofctown - bad vote hop and diminishing of responsibility
Agoodcivilian555 - don't like the" seconding justincase" when justincase's vote was explicit sheep
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by implosion »

I actually did things today when I wasn’t expecting to and will get into the game when I’m deeply bored at work tomorrow.
SaeWat
SaeWat
Townie
SaeWat
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by SaeWat »

Hello strangers, it is a beautiful day today.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4, hitogoroshi wrote:pretty sure 8 roses means the optimal play is for everyone to not say a word about their choice, argue with me in thread if you think different but please no one claim anything until someone gives a good reason.
hito why did you think this
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 104, Alisae wrote:
In post 4, hitogoroshi wrote:pretty sure 8 roses means the optimal play is for everyone to not say a word about their choice, argue with me in thread if you think different but please no one claim anything until someone gives a good reason.
hito why did you think this
so basically I had the same thought I do now of "D1 mafia lynches are really good, so we shouldn't give them opportunity to claim stuff that will defuse their wagons". But I kinda thought that mafiascum being mafiascum we'd have a shitload of guns and very few roses, so I was imagining a world with like, two roses. And I was thinking "roses should claim right at the start, because even though it tells mafia who to shoot, it's worth taking away the ability for mafia to fakeclaim rose and escape the noose."

then I was pleasantly surprised by the 8 roses and my first thought was "okay well then rose claim doesn't defuse lynch so we don't gotta bother with that shit." but then when implosion had post it made me realize that we went SO far in the rose direction that gun was an escape the noose claim now and I still wanted to stop that being a viable fakeclaim also.

(for what it's worth, I'll reiterate that I'm fine with the something smart plan - we can avoid forcing the gun to claim now, but if they claim and then get cc'd, we are absolutely lynching the first gun claim, none of this texas justice shit. If you are the real gun and you think you're likely to be run up today, please claim gun before the pressure comes.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Alisae »

guns escape a noose
thats correct
guns don't escape other guns tho

but I am actually really satisfied with how you got to that conclusion so I'm happy.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think the part you need to talk to me about is what makes claiming gun safe for scum.
I feel like thats the opposite of safe.
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 107, Alisae wrote:I think the part you need to talk to me about is what makes claiming gun safe for scum.
I feel like thats the opposite of safe.
if people go with the texas justice plan (bad) then it's "safe" in that a N1 Gun mafia is able to get off their bonus shot before dying. this is a pretty good deal for a mafioso suspicious enough we would have killed them d1 without the claim, not to mention it stops the d1 town gun from hitting someone else, doesn't work at all if the gun is non d1, and it means we have to get a crappy quantum lynch instead of a lynch knowing the flip.

if a counter-claim is enough for us to lynch the first gun claim, then it stops being "safe", and my objection is more that it's a giant waste of our time if you plan on running up mafia d1, since the claim will happen either way. I think our chances of hitting on this first one are good but maybe other people don't and whatever.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

What if I told you that there are only 2 mafia members.
How does this change your suggestion if it at all?
Cuz if a mafia member claims gun, there's only one other scum to find and lynch.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like Hito I really think its suicide for scum to claim gun here.
GTKAS
| here.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

it's suicide to do it out of the fuckin' blue but it's just free value for scum who is going down anyway. the mafia will ALWAYS be able to choose the option from {derail wagon, force CC from real gun} or {claim rose for WIFOM} that they think benefits them more when brought to L-1 and forced to claim, right?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think scum gets more value out of claiming rose for wifom.
GTKAS
| here.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 33, popsofctown wrote:
@mod: when a player dies is their rose and gun possession revealed and their used-up not-used up on the gun revealed and the night of their rose revealed?
Rose/Gun yes.
Night # yes.
Whether they shot their gun - no.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 112, Alisae wrote:I think scum gets more value out of claiming rose for wifom.
Because it's WIFOM, it depends entirely on how we react to it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 17, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 11, popsofctown wrote: VOTE: implosion for posting while this was on my clipboard while I was checking whether I need to "go get an avatar"vote any of the newbies. I do not, unfortunately for imp
don't really like how much you're trying to emphasize voting on known rules. but I'm already voting you, nice
I slightly scumread this. The meter is slightly awkward, and I would have liked the post better with a revote here.
hito wrote: And on D1 especially I don't want to give them a chance to shoot.
I somehow, previous to this moment, didn't realize mafia guns get a chance to shoot extra if their lynch is delayed. My brain had them as goons for whatever reason. Probably because the double acting is confusing, even without doubleacting they'd be able to use half their guns per night, though, and now FakeGod has confirmed they are fully doubleacting.

So this discussion has been like, really overcomplicated right? This is a smalltown setup, basically. The gun is not a named townie just a townie with a gun. Claiming gun should not be a deterrent from hammering, that verifies the player has a 2/3rds chance of being scum. 67% chance of an additional scum NK and a 33% chance of an additional vig is a penalty, not reward, for backing off of a wagon. So hito has that part correct. Asking for the gun to claim early so he can be hawt is not correct, it identifies who can be NKed.

In post 40, implosion wrote:Explain how hito is openwolfing. I think he's solidly town so far.
I don't have much.
Page 2 it was obvious hyperbole.
In post 89, hitogoroshi wrote: What does a song lyric do differently here then the "damn" and "aloha" posts, I guess? I tend to find first posts without voting to be more of "present without involved" than those with. (Not that I think SS or implo are mafia for their first posts, because I don't buy in to "present without involved" for the first coupla pages. But if you do, why LLD shitpost-with-vote over nothing-post-without-vote?)
shitposts can be somewhat alignment indicative. It's a bit harder to have fun as mafia, for the average person. On average in most of my scumgames I think I'm more serious.
There's some bizarre creatures that can have fun even as mafia so it can maybe be harder to get anything then.
Then like I'm suspecting Something_Smart is some previously unknown lizard from the most outlying Galapagos island who does not have fun as either alignment so maybe it's a misread.
hito wrote: Hey pops, what the hell? If I'm openwolfing, that means that I'm so smug about being the gee-darn mafia that I'm not even trying to hide it and just playing for maximal advantage for my team. that is a pretty serious accusation and I was excited to hear more! but instead you just get off my wagon without a word on how I'm openwolfing and instead sheeping LLD but not even her primary read? When you just said you can't read LLD and figure that if she's scum you're just catching her on associatives with her partner?
Openwolfing was irony. Not quite humor but RVS fun. RVS is a spectrum, by the by. It's not truly discrete like we like to believe. Even in LyLo it's just a bunch of pretty serious RVS votes. Still only kinda backed up by anything, but kindaX99.
But also in general, if I promise you a present in a weekend drunkpost, and my next post is a weekend drunkpost, you're probably going to be disappointed.
Btw After my reread I townread LLD. Obviously I am going to get over someone changing their avatar sooner or later.
In post 93, Alisae wrote:
In post 80, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Vote: Something_Smart
I'm sheeping LLD.
Not on her top read cause I don't understand that one but I like the logic on S_S.

Unfounded accusations could have subbed in for a vote if he cares so much about the voting record.
Is there gonna be a 100% siteflake rate on the newbies?
what do you like about it?
[/quote]

Strength of entrance has some meaning in the game, and S_S made a weak entrance.
On reread I understand LLD's xyzzy read better but she said some stuff to the effect of don't cheat and tell xyzzy what xyzzy ought to say to justify xyzzy's post so I'm gonna wait for more of that plays out before jumping in. I don't want to get yelled at :shifty: . In any case besides when the slot is scum and that becomes a necessary evil.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:30 am

In post 115, popsofctown wrote:Then like I'm suspecting Something_Smart is some previously unknown lizard from the most outlying Galapagos island who does not have fun as either alignment so maybe it's a misread.
Or maybe I enjoy other things besides shitposting? :thonk:

The only thing this game that has diminished my fun is you taking my playstyle and pushing it as alignment indicative... but I'm used to that :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Shitposts are beautiful.

The first page of this game is the best one.

Winning can come later.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:43 am

But I'm not the only person who didn't shitpost. Several people jumped right in and started discussing the game; implosion's entrance was almost identical to mine, actually.

Why single me out among those players?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 118, Something_Smart wrote:But I'm not the only person who didn't shitpost. Several people jumped right in and started discussing the game; implosion's entrance was almost identical to mine, actually.

Why single me out among those players?
Because you acknowledged I am scum IRL.

But you allow me to roam at large.

Implosion is super scummy, please don't spoil danganronpa for the other players.
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:18 am

You've lost me.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:59 am

Post by FakeGod »

I've talked to my friends and they wish to replace out. :cry:

I will be replacing them...

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:02 am

Post by FakeGod »

Pine replaces Kml100.

Cephrir replaces Saewat.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Pine »

I’m in for KML100. I’ve kept loose tabs on this game, will catch up when I get home from work. It’s a short enough game that I’ll just read it all.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

Howdy friends. I'm traveling today which either means I'll have 0lenty of time for this from an airplane or none!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”