He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Mastina, the difference is academic. The word "fakeclaim" was used
by the mod
to describe scum roles being informed of nonexistent town roles. It's a normal way of emulating a theme mechanic, which is kinda the point of this game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1, Skygazer wrote:- Day-talk is enabled.
Herpderp. :facepalm:
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

VOTE: dj

mastina is town

that dumb tell was beneath her
103-11 0-2
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I just think it NAI.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

Post by pisskop »

Meh I didnt read about daytalk, I assumed a [mafia inform encryptor backup loyal treestump] was in play
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 am

Post by pisskop »

But daytalk means that scum theatre is real.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1501, mastina wrote:
i just mean that coming out and announcing the error with "herpaderp" doesn't feel to me like a sophisticated roll out of a dumb tell

so i think she's probably just town
103-11 0-2
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1012, pisskop wrote:^^ ohhhh?
Lets kill Luv, and cop em both.
Alternative idea: Rolecop Ausuka. And if you'd prefer, RedFlavor too, even though that seems unnecessary. Proven Miller = proven town, and you can't have mafia backups to town-exclusive roles. (You CAN have, sayyy, a mafia nurse inherit a town doctor because doctor is not a town-exclusive role. But you can't have a mafia backup vig because vigs are town-only. Similarly, universal backups inherit only roles of their own alignment, for much this same reasoning.) So proven Backup Miller = proven town.

Still think Ausuka's fakeclaiming and RedFlavor's realclaiming, but that's beside the point. There's no better rolecop targets in the game.
DJ
DJ
Goon
DJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

Post by DJ »

In post 1498, Nero Cain wrote:hey DJ, let's talk about your read on me?
skimming your iso again I think you're above random town but I couldn't remember why when color-responding to mastina's list

your day 1 engagement probably leans town

-djk
DJ
DJ
Goon
DJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

Post by DJ »

urap what's your read of baezu now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1507, mastina wrote:Alternative idea: Rolecop Ausuka. And if you'd prefer, RedFlavor too, even though that seems unnecessary.
I mean, yes.

But given the possibility for scum informed, what are the odds there's a town rolecop?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:06 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1042, DJ wrote:My partner's been meming, but I can assure you we're town.
Oh I think I have a guess for who YOU are, too.
Your other head I'm like 95% sure I identified right, but I took a stab in the dark guess as to your identity via PMing the mods.

(Basically, only so many players like to anonymously hydra and both heads if I'm correct, I've modded a game with them having done so previously. Not the SAME game, different games, but one anonymous hydra had one head in them from one game, and a second anonymous hydra had the other head in them from another game.)

If I'm right you jump WAY up in being scum to like 97ish% levels!
DJ
DJ
Goon
DJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:08 am

Post by DJ »

You're wrong on every count.

Stop trying to guess my main, just pretend I'm the duck and go from there. quack

-DJK
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1046, DJ wrote:Like, Cheeky is not 100% obvtown but she does not read like a very good day 1 to me so far
Okay yeah head one is 100% the player I thought; literally only one person on site would say this like that.

Sadly, head one's identity isn't as useful to pin down for alignments as head two. Like I said, if I did in fact correctly name head two, hydra jumps up to 97% scum, but only if I guessed correctly. Head one's probably scum but I admit I'm not as good at differentiating between towngame and scumgame with head one as I am with hypothetical-head2-identity.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 1492, mastina wrote:
In post 985, pisskop wrote:mastina - is mastin in the game? hunh
Your fault for making 40+ pages in less than 48 hours. :P

Less than 24 hours, actually--the game began on Monday. I POSTED on Monday. Your post 985? Was on TUESDAY. Less than 24 hours from my post on Monday.

If I seem like I'm posting less, it aint because I haven't been around, and it aint because I'm not posting. It's because other players are spamming.

That being said.

Yes I am quite aware that I am underperforming. I'm sorry, I am struggling to really find much worth commenting on. Most of what I'm seeing is just...stuff that's not really noteworthy? Stuff that doesn't change my stances, and for the most part doesn't even reinforce them (though some content does). Most of what I'm reading is just...fluff as far as I'm concerned. Not in the sense of it being literal fluff, but in the sense of it being utterly worthless in terms of strengthening or weakening existing reads; the posts just do...nothing to change what's already there.

Which is why I adapted the readslist-as-I-go format in the first place mind you.

And even then.

My reads on the first ten pages? Changed literally every single page pretty much--not just a little, but a lot. Kinda regret not having thought of posting it for proof, because yeah that was the time they were in flux the most. The earlygame changed things much much much more than here later in the day. Because now? Now any changes are ridiculously small; there's just...nothing significant, nothing major, nothing groundbreaking, in these reads.

What I can say?

I can say that the tiers have shifted in where the town strength is.

For reference, this readslist is unchanged from my last one, but is more divided out:

RedFlavor

SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
Nero Cain
Almost50
Chara
RCEnigma

Something_Smart

pisskop
Flavor Leaf
Lil Uzi Vert

Alchemist21

u r a person 2

Vorkuta
CheekyTeeky

Ausuka

singletonking
Baezu

DJ

This would be a more fair approximation of my stances right now. RedFlavor's basically conftown; below that's top-tier town; the pisskop-LUV tier is highly-likely-town; Something_Smart's someone I'm not sure whether he's top-tier or highly-likely town thus why he's between the two; Alchemist isn't quite as town as the highly-likely-town which is one of the reasons why I want to masonize him; URAP I think is town but is the first I'd call "possible scum"--he's nulltown; Vorkuta/Cheeky are more nulls with the ever slightest lean scum; Ausuka is somewhere between nullscum and light scum; singleton and Baezu are both 'reasonable scum'; DJ is more 'strong scum'.

Which is a lot more stronger townreads than I began with.

And yes I know I still consider myself to have too many townreads but fuck it, too many townreads beats having too many scumreads so I'll happily accept it.
So you didn’t believe my claim?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
DJ
DJ
Goon
DJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 am

Post by DJ »

In post 188, u r a person 2 wrote:i could also lynch Redflavor
In post 1338, u r a person 2 wrote:Baezu
SaskeIsMyYaoiKismesis
RedFlavor
pisskop
mastina
Something_Smart
DJ (hydra of ?? and ??)

I would like to lynch in this grouping today
In post 1342, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1340, pisskop wrote:Tell me about Redflavor
I should go take a look through their iso.

I got to that list by crossing off people I didn't want to lynch, and I couldn't tell ya a single thing redflavor has said/done this game. gimme a min
In post 1343, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 8, RedFlavor wrote:I am Town Backup Miller.
oh no, we shouldn't lynch this today
So when you wrote you hadn't read ? If you "couldn't tell ya a single thing redflavor has said/done this game" then what prompted you to write ?

-djk
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:20 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1071, DJ wrote:removing miller is actually removing protown equity by turning millers into vanillas and thus open to cross claims with goons
Actually per Normal guidelines when an Enabler for a role dies, the now-disabled roles won't magically flip/be rolecopped as vanilla; they will still be rolecopped/flipped as the role which was disabled.

That being said, there are far better reasons to not lynch LUV (namely, that he's probably town).
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Baezu »

Because you never addressed my claim mastina
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:23 am

Post by mastina »

Stopping on 44 for now. Mentally fatigued, can't really process stuff.
Readslist unchanged from last post of it.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 am

Post by pisskop »

meh thats enough for me.
DJ
DJ
Goon
DJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:35 am

Post by DJ »

In post 1506, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1501, mastina wrote:
i just mean that coming out and announcing the error with "herpaderp" doesn't feel to me like a sophisticated roll out of a dumb tell

so i think she's probably just town
For the record this is the first post from urap that presents plausible towniness but it doesn't change my read of him overall

-djk
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

:yawn: I am mason
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Baezu »

Vorky, is mastina town?

Is urap scum?
Show

Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Right- I approve of the mastina catchup
It seems genuine and in the absence of experience w/ that slot I buy it.

Tyvm for spoonfeeding us the "informed breakdown" as I swear the "Vanilla Roleblocker" or "Miller Backup/Enabler" really pinged me the wrong way.
For what it's worth, this is simply too much effort and genuine pro-town game-solveyness for scum to fake IMHO
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1515, DJ wrote:So when you wrote 188 you hadn't read 8? If you "couldn't tell ya a single thing redflavor has said/done this game" then what prompted you to write 188?
:o

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”