Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 1, schadd_ wrote:"everyone will be multitasking. there will be between 0 and 1 redirection abilities. it is not really role madness. no psychologist". everything has daytalk. sugar drinks / etc. have no adverse long-term health effects (just in this game! not in general)
In post 0, schadd_ wrote:warning: this game has considerable third party element(s); if youve ever had the thought "damn i wish i weren't a third party this game" or "i hate dealing with this fucking third party. i'm gonna go smoke weed so that i stop being mad about it" this game might not be for you. also you should have 2 completed non-newbie games on the account you sign up with.
it's Entirely Possible the survivor is the only 3p - toog vort & others who keep saying theres multiple 3rd parties: why
~ hydra of titus and katyusha ~
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 189, Toogeloo wrote:Let me give a few counter-points...
In post 161, Old Dogs wrote:we're ultimately taking away the usefulness of D1 - this is the only day where every single slot is alive, so if we spend it knowing that we're just going to lynch the survivor then all of the interactions we'd be getting here are useless
Day 1 is also the day where town shoots itself in the proverbial foot the hardest. They are more likely to lynch one of their own than any other alignment, and they are likely to bring out a few claims along the way. Going into Night 1 with a quick lynch of an anti-town element means that no one person has presented themselves as a major threat for night killing, role-blocking, or other shenanigans. Assuming some sort of power exists in this game, Night 1 can bring a lot of information to bear for discussion on Day 2 depending on how the evening plays out and whether or not information is worth sharing. Stances can just as easily form on Day 2 based around the kill(s) and power results, and work out in such a way that we can skip any kind of random dance phase and assume a Night 0 had happened instead.
we're ensuring we never hit mafia today when town has the best majority possible over scum on D1 - even if it's unlikely to happen if town players refuse to not vote for the 3p and we dont lynch scum it's really detrimental because scum can just never bus knowing full well that no one will want to lynch them.
Scum typically only bus when their team requires it, so I wouldn't expect a full on scum bus on Day 1 in most cases.
However, Town also gets to save information based on their roles so any shot(s) tonight would be taken based on fear of a player slot, which depending on who is what role, could cause overlap if we have multiple factions. Assuming any exist, Serial Killers will be the most blind since they would literally be shooting in the dark.
town shooting themselves in the foot D1 provides information for later days, this is the only day where people are almost entirely uninformed so i hardly see why a forced night start is better. prs can make better decisions with their roles with that same information, too. if what you were saying were at all correct no lynching in normal games would be considered optimal - it's not

i think you misunderstood my second point bc i absolutely dont grok the relevance of your response
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Voted »

There is supposed to to be considerable 3rd party.
1 survivour doesn't seem to be considerable 3rd party.
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Old Dogs »

also if your first instinct at seeing a survivor claim D1 is to policy lynch it i do wonder why you'd join a game where we were explicitly told that if u ever had the thought "i hate dealing with this fucking third party" that Maybe you shouldn't have /inned for the game

not meant to be a personal attack @ anyone, moreso an explanation for why i think the 3p is explicitly tied to the Mystery of this iteration of The Mystery Box of Silver

pedit: being directly tied to the setup gimmick seems considerable to me?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 227, Voted wrote:There is supposed to to be considerable 3rd party.
1 survivour doesn't seem to be considerable 3rd party.
+1
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Old Dogs »

this was also advertised as not role madness and i would think a lot of 3p = getting into role madness territory
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Old Dogs »

anyway, for things i actually care about:

mastina talk to me about your chickadee read? i was townreading her. otherwise we're basically on the same page, maybe vorkuta is closer to null
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 183, Old Dogs wrote:for a technically 14 player game the activity this game is surprisingly stark
Masting always scum reads me, no matter what. But I too am curious to see what she says.

Also I'm on the train of: there is more than the survivor. If the survivor were the only 3p, then that's extremely tame.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Chickadee »

OH I forgot I had that quoted. I was going to agree with Old Dog's sentiment. But also add that it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think 3 players not being able to post is a big contributor.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
The Three Musketeers
The Three Musketeers
Goon
The Three Musketeers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 am

Post by The Three Musketeers »

Old dogs, doesn't it feels strange to you that Voted didn't include you in his readlist? Considering he jumped on your wagon earlier without any good reason and unvoted after he posted readlist

~Aramis
~ Nero Cain ~ Ramcius ~ Flavor Leaf ~ Rosterfoster ~
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 152, Voted wrote:Ahhhh, a forming wagoon!
VOTE: old dogs
In post 216, Voted wrote:0/8=scum, 8/8=town

YAYVIDEOGAMES -nothing towny, no tries to solve the game 3/8
NotMySpamAccount - 1 posts, shares same reads, 4.5/8
Fuscosco - nothing towny, no tries to solve the game 3/8
ElevenThirty - posts few reads, but whisout reasoning, reacts on survivour same way I do (wants him to post reads), also tries to make game not stuck in survivour discussion. 5/8
The Three Musketeers {
Aramis - No posts which helps town, no reads, only pushes survivour, setting his mislynch. 1/8
D'artagnan - only one post, then nothing. 4/8
Porthos - only off topic posts, 3/8
Athos - not here 4/8 } - 1/8

mastina - I want more information about her readslist. How strong it is.
Toogeloo - same as Aramis 1/8
Spoiler:
In post 139, Toogeloo wrote:
Vote: Chickadead

Unless someone scum slips, I'm not changing my vote.
I am not unvoting survivour until we read sameone as scum.
In post 161, Old Dogs wrote:we're ultimately taking away the usefulness of D1 - this is the only day where every single slot is alive, so if we spend it knowing that we're just going to lynch the survivor then all of the interactions we'd be getting here are useless
Day 1 is also the day where town shoots itself in the proverbial foot the hardest. They are more likely to lynch one of their own than any other alignment, and they are likely to bring out a few claims along the way. Going into Night 1 with a quick lynch of an anti-town element means that no one person has presented themselves as a major threat for night killing, role-blocking, or other shenanigans. Assuming some sort of power exists in this game, Night 1 can bring a lot of information to bear for discussion on Day 2 depending on how the evening plays out and whether or not information is worth sharing. Stances can just as easily form on Day 2 based around the kill(s) and power results, and work out in such a way that we can skip any kind of random dance phase and assume a Night 0 had happened instead.
we're ensuring we never hit mafia today when town has the best majority possible over scum on D1 - even if it's unlikely to happen if town players refuse to not vote for the 3p and we dont lynch scum it's really detrimental because scum can just never bus knowing full well that no one will want to lynch them.
Scum typically only bus when their team requires it, so I wouldn't expect a full on scum bus on Day 1 in most cases.
However, Town also gets to save information based on their roles so any shot(s) tonight would be taken based on fear of a player slot, which depending on who is what role, could cause overlap if we have multiple factions. Assuming any exist, Serial Killers will be the most blind since they would literally be shooting in the dark.
the 3p very likely is important to the main gimmick of the setup, which i assume we universally have little knowledge on. i'd rather see what that connection is before lynching them in case it's useful for town
The setup has been advertised as having multiple third parties, which means that as town, we want as many gone as we can in order to remove the swing potential of the game.
I don't want to give people place to reads sameone as scum.

Do I understand the meaning of two posts correctly?

---
UNVOTE: , will post more later; will decide whether I want push (and vote) musketeers or Toogeloo (or sameone else) later.
Seems like an RVS wagonning post and just forgetting, doesnt seem particularly interesting to me

Do you make anything of it?
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 84, Old Dogs wrote:VOTE: ElevenThirty

i wanted to save this read for later when people like actually checked in but literally every post skitter makes makes me want to eviscerate the slot more and more

:dead:
if this head is skitter id tend to agree. But I also think its premature to use meta on them rn. idk.
The Three Musketeers
The Three Musketeers
Goon
The Three Musketeers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 am

Post by The Three Musketeers »

In post 235, Old Dogs wrote:
In post 152, Voted wrote:Ahhhh, a forming wagoon!
VOTE: old dogs
In post 216, Voted wrote:0/8=scum, 8/8=town

YAYVIDEOGAMES -nothing towny, no tries to solve the game 3/8
NotMySpamAccount - 1 posts, shares same reads, 4.5/8
Fuscosco - nothing towny, no tries to solve the game 3/8
ElevenThirty - posts few reads, but whisout reasoning, reacts on survivour same way I do (wants him to post reads), also tries to make game not stuck in survivour discussion. 5/8
The Three Musketeers {
Aramis - No posts which helps town, no reads, only pushes survivour, setting his mislynch. 1/8
D'artagnan - only one post, then nothing. 4/8
Porthos - only off topic posts, 3/8
Athos - not here 4/8 } - 1/8

mastina - I want more information about her readslist. How strong it is.
Toogeloo - same as Aramis 1/8
Spoiler:

I am not unvoting survivour until we read sameone as scum.
the 3p very likely is important to the main gimmick of the setup, which i assume we universally have little knowledge on. i'd rather see what that connection is before lynching them in case it's useful for town
The setup has been advertised as having multiple third parties, which means that as town, we want as many gone as we can in order to remove the swing potential of the game.
I don't want to give people place to reads sameone as scum.

Do I understand the meaning of two posts correctly?

---
UNVOTE: , will post more later; will decide whether I want push (and vote) musketeers or Toogeloo (or sameone else) later.
Seems like an RVS wagonning post and just forgetting, doesnt seem particularly interesting to me

Do you make anything of it?
Dunno, but his readlist being hot mess puts him in my scum leans for now

~Aramis
~ Nero Cain ~ Ramcius ~ Flavor Leaf ~ Rosterfoster ~
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 86, Chickadead wrote:My vote will still be there, and it's not like I'll be going out of my way to vote town.
Gonna point out that they will, as per their wincon, vote literally any wagon they can get away with. Which is why I opted to pressure them, and feel that while I can appreciate the desire and 'towniness' of coming out at Post 0, I also think the optimal play is to leash the survivor into playing mafia for us.

Moot point rn, but keep it in mind.

Probs a good mafia discussion thread.
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 237, The Three Musketeers wrote:Dunno, but his readlist being hot mess puts him in my scum leans for now
Seems more bad than scum to me, could be scum ig but i think 1130 is a spicier and better vote :)

Irrelephant has yet to post btw fusc, u should still vote them with me
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 133, The Three Musketeers wrote:Because we got green rolecard, why else?
okay I agree skitter is taking the piss.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 4, schadd_ wrote:Chemist1422, Vengaboys, and Gamma Emerald
gonna say they share a hood and up to one may be scum
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 146, ZZZX wrote:So survivor claim this early. Simply my thoughts are:

I am ignoring this claim and will proceed by ignoring it. I'd this person refuses to take part as a member of the town we should lynch them. Your win condition is to survive and if you don't cooperate you will get the noose before you get the gun. Sounds simple?
Im not willing to commit to a vorkuta scumread yet but this is good stuff.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 222, Voted wrote:
In post 220, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 216, Voted wrote:I am not unvoting survivour until we read sameone as scum.
The game is advertised as heavily 3rd party. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't even a mafia team. So yeah, unless someone scumslips, I'm voting any antitown element.
I am pretty sure that this game has an obligatory anti-town role.
Survivour is not an obligatory anti-town.
We want to lynch sameone who is likely to be obligatory anti-town than survivour.
You don't try to find obligatory anti-town. Instead your only activity is pushing survivour claim.
So you don't play to town wincon.
So you are taking a non-town player's claim at face value and 100% believing it. Understood.

I mean, my mind instantly jumped from "I have a night action that protects me" (ie, he does something and is therefore protected) to "hey, this guy could be a bullet proof serial killer giving an excuse to kill.". It's a bit extreme, sure, but can you really trust any 3rd party claim? They are in it for themselves after all.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 154, YAYVIDEOGAMES wrote:VOTE: Chickadead slot

this is kind of scum. Coupled with the lack of omgus from when pichu was voted by this slot before
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Fuscosco »

Bad post from a player I consider pretty good.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Fuscosco »

In post 237, The Three Musketeers wrote:Dunno, but his readlist being hot mess puts him in my scum leans for now
That whole voted post was a hot mess. Disorganized, hard to read, and meant to obscure i think.

Voted, you gotta do better housework if you want to post readlists.
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 243, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 222, Voted wrote:
In post 220, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 216, Voted wrote:I am not unvoting survivour until we read sameone as scum.
The game is advertised as heavily 3rd party. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't even a mafia team. So yeah, unless someone scumslips, I'm voting any antitown element.
I am pretty sure that this game has an obligatory anti-town role.
Survivour is not an obligatory anti-town.
We want to lynch sameone who is likely to be obligatory anti-town than survivour.
You don't try to find obligatory anti-town. Instead your only activity is pushing survivour claim.
So you don't play to town wincon.
So you are taking a non-town player's claim at face value and 100% believing it. Understood.

I mean, my mind instantly jumped from "I have a night action that protects me" (ie, he does something and is therefore protected) to "hey, this guy could be a bullet proof serial killer giving an excuse to kill.". It's a bit extreme, sure, but can you really trust any 3rd party claim? They are in it for themselves after all.
okay so we see a second kill on someone who isnt a reasonable vig shot and we lynch the survivor claim, like... this is not a real concern /:

i doubt sk claims survivor anyway but it seems like the safe play if we dont think theres a vig
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 242, Fuscosco wrote:
In post 146, ZZZX wrote:So survivor claim this early. Simply my thoughts are:

I am ignoring this claim and will proceed by ignoring it. I'd this person refuses to take part as a member of the town we should lynch them. Your win condition is to survive and if you don't cooperate you will get the noose before you get the gun. Sounds simple?
Im not willing to commit to a vorkuta scumread yet but this is good stuff.
What does this have to do with Vork? Im pretty sure the whole thing is abt ZZZX
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Old Dogs »

Zzzzx should be the survivor claim sorry