Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1873, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1418, Shoshin wrote:
In post 857, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: nom
This was an awful vote from Flubb.
In post 1421, Shoshin wrote:Nom's should've cleared up Flubb's concerns. But Flubb ignores the sensible towny explanation, looks for reasons to continue attacking Nom in , and then votes him. This interaction doesn't feel natural for a townie at all.
idk
i (even before u asked me about this) read that interaction several times and i don't understand it
like i read it and i feel like i can't follow the conversation, i can't process it

so idk
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1426, Shoshin wrote:
In post 899, teacher wrote:VOTE: deanius
Awful vote from Teacher. As bad as Flubb's vote on Nom. The timing is especially opportunistic if you assume Pika's town.
Assume town!me. Assume my towncore (that I had publicly disclosed) was Pika + URaP. Assume I scumread your slot.

Now why is that an awful vote?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE COUNT 1.28
Shoshin (4):
Flubbernugget, nomnomnom, Saladman27, Nero Cain
teacher (2):
NerfedBuJ, skitter30
Flubbernugget (2):
Vorkuta, Cinnamon
Vorkuta (1):
Dunnstral
Nero Cain (1):
Shoshin
nomnomnom (1):
Detective Pikachu

Not Voting (2):
teacher, u r a person 2

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-06-22 09:30:00)

Game Notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays and Saturdays
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1613, Shoshin wrote:I have 150+ posts in less than 24 hours. If this town can't see that I'm town, this game is lost.
stop spamming
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think lynching Shoshin today is dumb - why is it such a big deal if we wait to see what happens tomorrow?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Flubbernugget

Suggested alternate wagon
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Why not Nero?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by teacher »

Sorry wife came home. Going to be back on now, but have to do two thingsss.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1436, Shoshin wrote:Why did you suspect ED? Why do you find me scummy? Why do you disagree with my analysis on ED?
I answered the first one in real time. Lurker, hard to get momentum on. Liked the people voting him.

The second is pretty straightforward. You were trying to avoid the lynch like 8 different ways. I could go through and ISO posts if you want, but I think thats water under the bridge at this point, as I think youll agree you demonstrated hard survivalism. survivalism=scummy. Plus, all these things you say you always do - I tend to think theyre scummy. They may not be for you, so I have to recalibrate, but they are in general for me. Finally, you were pushing slots that I either know to be town or that I hard town as your escape technique.

Third, I think you way overread ED's ISO. Like your excerpts from 149 and 222 and 557 (or 3/8 your case) are purely mechanical thoughts. You see town motives. I dont. In fact, I can see scum motives -- 149 and 222 happened at a time that the miller PL was already being resisted, and 557 was a rando pop in that any alignment can make in their sleep. And 841 presents a town lynchpool, regardless of tone.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1452, Shoshin wrote:In general, his play & thought process is lacking in depth. I can't point to a single post from him that shows the level of thinking that I've seen from town Teacher, even in games where town Teacher is lurking. The absence of in-depth thinking is strongly scum indicative for this slot.
I didnt respond to this in real time, but should now. FWIW, Ive switched how I play to accommodate my new life. Im almost entirely a mobile poster now, whereas before I was heavily computer. You can see this in my ability (or not) to type from our last game to this. I do think it makes my analysis more shallow, since I dont have about eight tabs and an open spreadsheet. I also have more fun, even if Im not quite doing as much.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1454, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1447, teacher wrote:DP, urap, cinnamon, Flubber. Most of the wagon.
Why is Flubb town?

Why is U2 town?

What's your read on Nom?
Flubb -- I had been keeping them in scum as a mostly empty slot. I towned them as I scummed you, as I dont think 2 scum lurk in with a town this disjointed. Plus, I liked Pika/Skitters take of "impolitic". When two players I both town and respect start townreading a slot that I am scumreading purely for lurking, Im willing to reexamine. That 'impolitic' PoV added to his defense of Town!me, because I dont see scum!Flubb being both impolitic and whiteknighting. I liked his addition of the rolefishing part of the case on EvilDeanius - he had legit reasons to be joining the wagon. Finally, much as you dont like the nom vote in 857, I dont think scum calls out their own latent contradiction in the manner that flubb did in .

U2 -- organic townreads/Pika's revelation that gave me my towncore.

Nom -- I didnt have one (nor on Vork). Its why I played so much with them after your claim, and why I left them off that list.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1464, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1459, teacher wrote:In my view, you’re trying to chip away at the townblock that has already taken too long to form this game.
What's the townblock? I didn't see any.
There wasnt a townblock. But I felt one forming in DP/URAP/Me/Skitter. Like I town them, DP towned URaP, URaP towned me, and Skitter's skitter. I felt good about where the game was going around this time.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1486, Saladman27 wrote:You kinda sound like a certain scum named Crunch from my earlier game but less agressive...
This is just hilarious as the mod of that game. Capn was obvious scum. Like OBVIOUS.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by teacher »

Off to site-meta ED.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 1888, teacher wrote:Off to site-meta ED.
I guess I shouldnt be surprised that all 3 of the games he posted in are still ongoing. So cant talk about my thoughts. Sorry for raising.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by teacher »

Could someone do a BuJ read. Nothing other than being the first to apply logic words to the Miller claim sticks out in my memory and I have to ISO them every time I try to read. I dont like how they didnt try at all to sort around the claim and wagon. I really dont like the PiKa tunnel since that was towntold like 8 years ago. I dont like the lack of any case on me, and the lack of any explanation for his evolution on ED town to ED scum-but-for-wagon that appears at multiple points - providing impetus without shifting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Sho is avoiding the shit out of me. She's scared scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1879, Dunnstral wrote:I think lynching Shoshin today is dumb - why is it such a big deal if we wait to see what happens tomorrow?
Because we are going to mislynch if we don't lynch there, that's why.

I just am in disbelief that everyone is scared to vote a cop claim despite it being bullshit. I am even more in disbelief when I see people like teacher saying "yeah I think you're scum BUT".

You are delaying an easy game win for no other reason than being scared. I am guaranteeing you this doesn't flip cop.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

What's happening right now is that whoever her partners is, they're trying their hardest for you not to lynch there and the lack of wagon with 3 days on the clock is going to result in a bad wagon that's going to be town's demise when the answer is clear in front of you.

They're preying on town's mindset that they couldn't reach a conclusion before. THAT is why she wants an additional day. Because she knows it's going to result in a mislynch and chaos given town's organization.

It's not going to create the result you want. Not lynching Shoshin because you're scared IS dumb.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

Pffffff

Nom you haven't actually given us any convincing reason why the claim is bullshit.

Also shoshin, nom, vork are 100% town.

Skitter, saladman and nero are very probably town.

My reads on page 12 were awesome. I didn't change them much in page 30 something or whatever it was, and I still don't see any reason to change them now.

Like seriously sho is terrible at scum. She got caught in day 1 and basically gave us her partner on a silver platter in scientific mafia.
You don't just get 20 times better at scum in a day. Unless she's playing many many games off site this just isn't scum!shoshin.

But even if none of that is true there are such obviously more scummy slots in this game like come on.

Vote teacher.
Nom you're worrying over nothing. We have a very viable counterwagon and shoshin can't win as scum here.
It's okay for the game to last longer to make sure you're right. Hurrying up is unnecessary. Just get your reads in early in the game for the post-game smack-talking.

Towns really need to focus on winning the game more than lynch accuracy. Lynching scums in a row early on is absolutely worthless when a deepwolf will endgame it.

Pedit - I'm not scared that's rediculous I just don't want to lynch someone I think is very likely town. Make her self-vote or hard claim scum and then I'll PL because I'm predictable like that.
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

And shoshin I have priorities thank you very much. I wasn't up to date on this game and was posting on my main instead. I very rarely post without reading, it doesn't really contribute anything and I wasn't free or motivated to catch up until today, so that's why there's a lack of activity.

Also I wasn't even gone that long in the grand scheme of things you've just spammed up the thread giving the illusion of more activity than there actually was.
My main is BuJaber.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

Ftr I've never seen scum!nero... I mean I kinda just assume he is better at it than just lurking and sheeping and calling PRs fake.
My main is BuJaber.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1894, NerfedBuJ wrote:Nom you haven't actually given us any convincing reason why the claim is bullshit.
Haven't I?

You really think we are unlucky enough that the only push we make this game results in someone claiming cop? In a game with an outed miller?

It's a bullshit convenient claim. Not only the timing was suspicious, but the claim has changed 2 times, and that was in light of a few people's observations about her claim being odd. First a cop, then urap comes in to say that ungated cop is weird, then she claims modified cop, then teacher points a ridiculous comment about it being "possible that 2 cops exist in this game" (which is a REALLY odd statement let me be real here), to then claim odd-night [x] Cop.

If that isn't the worst fakeclaim in existence I don't know what is. This doesn't flip cop dude.

Your comment about her not being good as scum should be proof enough that it's possible for her to make this kind of textbook play as scum and be blatantly obvious with it as well.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

I mean she could still be telling the truth though.
Also she's town. That part I'm sure of even if she isn't cop.
My main is BuJaber.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1898, NerfedBuJ wrote:I mean she could still be telling the truth though.
Also she's town. That part I'm sure of even if she isn't cop.
How is she town?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”