Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Oh, and it's based on him not engaging you when he was entirely absent from the game and is also one of the most notorious players on the site for the strength of his scumgame.

I don't really think he'd be scared of you as scum to the point where he'd lurk out intentionally like he did.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 547, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 541, popsofctown wrote:My school didn't have hand dryers check your privilege
UR PROBABLY TOWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY
I may eventually vote Pine, but I don't want to see the day end soon. Haschel is definitely my runner up.

S_S seems too scummy to be scum in his lack of pushes. Scum often play by " I need to push anything very interesting even when I know everything every 3 pages, everything medium interesting even when I know everything every 5 pages, and even if I don't genuinely find anything interesting I need to come up with something every 7 pages", where town often play by "I'm gonna push everything that looks interesting given I don't know anything whenever it happens". S_S is failing both metrics but I think failing the former even harder. Meta might matter a lot for that it's something I might look into when I'm not v/la

I cant remember anything s_s has done this game either
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:50 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

COOL I DON'T WANT S_S ON MY WAGON ANYMORE ANYWAY.

MY DUDE JUST CALLED HIMSELF A RATIONAL THINKER AND IMPLIED I DON'T THINK RATIONALLY.

I TOLD YOU WHY PINE IS SCUM. HE PUSSYFOOTTED WITH VOTINg ME WHILE I WAS BEING RUN UP BECAUSE HE WAS SCARED TO BE THE ONE WHO POKED THE BEAR AND NOW I'M AWAKE AND ONCE I VOTED HIM AND SHOWED I WASN'T GONNA ROLL OVER AND DIE HE COMMITTED HIS VOTE INSTANTLY.

ASK YOURSELF WHAT CHANGED IN MY PLAY REALLY. HE SAYS "HE WANTED TO GIVE ME A CHANCE OT DO SOMETHING AND HE DIDN'T LIKE IT BUT NEVER DESCRIBES WHAT IT IS HE DOESN'T LIKE OR HOW ANY OF THIS MAKES ME SCUM.

HE USED SHIT META THAT IS FALSE TO INTITIATE VOTES ON ME, THEN USED HIS OWN FAULTY LOGIC TO SUPPORT HIS POSITION WHEN HE WAS CHALLENGED BY ME.

AND NOW HIS WAGON ON ME IS GONE AND HE'S SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED, HOPING HE'LL BE OVERLOOKED LIKE YESTERDAY AND I'LL FIND SOME OTHER FUCK WHO WILL ANNOY ME AND MAKE ME LYNCH THEM.

LIKE YOU S_S.

DOES THAT MAKE YOU TOWN THINKINg EMOJI

BUT YEAH FUCK YOU AND YOUR RATIONAL THINKINg I HAVE PERFECTLY VALID REASONS BASED ON PINES BEHAVIOUR FOR THINKINg HE IS SCUM.

EAT A DONG
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:51 am

In post 551, popsofctown wrote:
In post 547, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 541, popsofctown wrote:My school didn't have hand dryers check your privilege
UR PROBABLY TOWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY
I may eventually vote Pine, but I don't want to see the day end soon. Haschel is definitely my runner up.

S_S seems too scummy to be scum in his lack of pushes. Scum often play by " I need to push anything very interesting even when I know everything every 3 pages, everything medium interesting even when I know everything every 5 pages, and even if I don't genuinely find anything interesting I need to come up with something every 7 pages", where town often play by "I'm gonna push everything that looks interesting given I don't know anything whenever it happens". S_S is failing both metrics but I think failing the former even harder. Meta might matter a lot for that it's something I might look into when I'm not v/la

I cant remember anything s_s has done this game either
IF I SAID THERE WERE SECRET REASONS NOT TO DO THE HASCHEL THING WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME?

I DON'T EVEN FULLY BELIEVE ME, BUT I HAVE THIS FEELING IN MY BONESSSSSS

AND ALSO THERE'S SCUM BLOOD TO BE SPILLED. CUT THE TREES.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:57 am

I didn't mean to imply you aren't a rational thinker, just that you hadn't given a rational argument and I'm not convinced or intimidated by caps spamming.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:57 am

Post by Pine »

I feel like I've lost this round. I don't really see any path to getting my scumreads (Pops + LLD) lynched without first proving my intentions by flipping green. I'm not interested in pushing a save-myself-compromise because I have TRs on everyone else. I'll go back through some ISOs to see if I missed anything (having last minute doubts about Pops) and then take my ML like a man. It's likely necessary, though ofc not ideal.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:59 am

I've never played with Pine before, but I suspect his scumgame wouldn't be notorious if it were just "lurk and appear just often enough to drive away a wagon on you."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 am

In post 555, Pine wrote:I feel like I've lost this round. I don't really see any path to getting my scumreads (Pops + LLD) lynched without first proving my intentions by flipping green. I'm not interested in pushing a save-myself-compromise because I have TRs on everyone else. I'll go back through some ISOs to see if I missed anything (having last minute doubts about Pops) and then take my ML like a man. It's likely necessary, though ofc not ideal.
LOOK AT THIS SCUM FUCK ROLLING OVER AND DOING THAT "FOR THE GOOD OF THE TOWN" APPEAL.

THE RULES ARE SIMPLE FOLKS. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR DEATH, NEVER DENY THEM.

DON'T PLAY WIFOM GAMES. DON'T OUT GUESS YOURSELF. THEY SAY THEY'RE OK WITH DYING, PROVIDE THEM THE SWEET GLORIOUS DEATH THEY DESIRE.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:03 am

Post by Pine »

In post 557, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 555, Pine wrote:I feel like I've lost this round. I don't really see any path to getting my scumreads (Pops + LLD) lynched without first proving my intentions by flipping green. I'm not interested in pushing a save-myself-compromise because I have TRs on everyone else. I'll go back through some ISOs to see if I missed anything (having last minute doubts about Pops) and then take my ML like a man. It's likely necessary, though ofc not ideal.
LOOK AT THIS SCUM FUCK ROLLING OVER AND DOING THAT "FOR THE GOOD OF THE TOWN" APPEAL.

THE RULES ARE SIMPLE FOLKS. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR DEATH, NEVER DENY THEM.

DON'T PLAY WIFOM GAMES. DON'T OUT GUESS YOURSELF. THEY SAY THEY'RE OK WITH DYING, PROVIDE THEM THE SWEET GLORIOUS DEATH THEY DESIRE.
Yeah, I don't do that. You've played with me enough times to know that I'm a tenacious scum who doesn't even give up in Twilight, just in case there's a governor (there never is). This is disingenuous as fuck.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:04 am

Post by Pine »

Also, I'm specifically not asking to be saved. I am comfortable with dying here, but I do require that my views be taken seriously. LLD in particular is classically scum here.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:11 am

LLD, you still haven't explained why Pine wouldn't play this way as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:18 am

V/LA until Sunday
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Pine »

In post 560, Something_Smart wrote:LLD, you still haven't explained why Pine wouldn't play this way as town.
Well that's just not a very productive question. For one, it isn't theoretically-Town's job to prove beyond doubt, much less indulge hypotheticals. For another, it's theoretically-scum's job to be convincing Town, so decent scum players (and I think enough of myself to say I have a good scumgame) just plain don't do stuff that doesn't have a plausible explanation.

A version of this would be to say "X behavior fits both Y's town and scum meta. Why is it the latter instead of the former?"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Pine »

A more effective version*

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 am

It's an extremely productive question! You can't profess confidence, let alone surety, without considering it.

LLD's argument of "Pine is scum because he did X, Y, and Z, and here's why he'd do those things as scum" is entirely uncompelling. There is nothing there to refute the claim that you would always do those things as town, or even that you'd do them 50% of the time as town which still makes you more likely town than not.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Pine »

Ehhh, fair enough. I suppose I was taking issue with phrasing more than content. Proceed, good sir.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

50% Lynch rate is p good
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 am

No, I see what you're getting at now. This is how I should have phrased it:
In post 560, Something_Smart wrote:LLD, you still haven't explained why Pine is unlikely to have played this way as town.
I think the awkward tense just threw me off :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:00 am

In post 566, popsofctown wrote:50% Lynch rate is p good
So go forth and show why town-Pine only behaves this way as town 29% of the time.

...or something like that.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

If pine is town his reads are bad 71% of the time or something.
I've had people misread me in a way I found to be a town-driven thought process but this is not one of those times
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:14 am

You were going against easy targets. You think that's an unexpected thing for town to call out and say they don't like?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean again we run into the question of whether Pine is bad at playing town, again. I don't really remember him so I'm giving him average abilities in the dark so he should not read lhf farming as scummy the way D1 was played. Implosion would have been a really easy Lynch but I was genuinely unsure how he'd flip. Xyzzy was an easy target not for posting nothing alignment indicative but for posting very very little alignment indicative and what little was posted being very scummy. Its hard not to Lynch that.

I'm worried that Pine increased his confirmation bias triggers by reading this entire game at once because he was
queueing for other games instead of playing this one
and made this BoP on him less reliable but there's not much I can do about it.

Neither of our flipped townies drew conclusions about my slot the way Pine did. Alisae's remarks were far more authentic.
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:39 am

You're arguing that you were justified in using facile reasons to push on D1, meanwhile you're scumreading Pine for the facile reason of scumreading you for using facile reasons.

That made sense in my head, I swear.

Maybe a better way to put it is, you going after LHF makes you LHF as well, so it's hypocritical to scumread him for then going after you. At least that's how I see it.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

WE WILL DANCE ON SCUM GRAVES UNDER A BLOODY MOON
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

(I'm actually not incredibly confident here but that's not as fun)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”