Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:30 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 667, ElevenThirty wrote:
In post 651, insomnia wrote:
In post 623, ElevenThirty wrote:
In post 562, insomnia wrote:
In post 561, YAYVIDEOGAMES wrote:insomnia, how can I be certain that you are legitimately town this time?

~ Pichu
When I mislynch every town
and not catch scum on day one.

The non-joke answer would be I guess you'll have to fall for my quality analysis that has depth to it. Town reading me comes naturally. Don't stress much on it.

I'll have you know that I intend to switch up my style a bit.
i mean you bussed your partner last time so
and i townread you last time for nuance and you were scum so
And you’re painting me scum for another game, be careful skitter, not the way to go about reading me.
given that i, you know, did not say i was scumreading you here for either of these things, this is a bit of a misrep

what i *did* say is that the ways you're giving ank to townread you would not have caught you in that game, so these arean't great ways to townread you
and threatening/misrepping me for pointing that out is not a great reaction either
I don’t think you believe your push on me at all. I have specifically said it’s a joke.

There’s a thing right under the thing you latched onto that says “The non-joke answer would be...”

Now to figure whether a Don Corleone would latch on things like this...
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Fuscosco »

yea it's not an sr atm
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:56 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 671, insomnia wrote:Explain how they “feel weird”. Won’t let you fly to LyLo based on phrasing like this that fills for lack of justification. There’s nothing weird about em, you’re latching on the most stupid shit.

Isn’t NMSA that Not_Mafia dude? If so, why wouldn’t I believe he’d get lynched given his play style? I found it believable. It’s quite hypocritical to say you understood the context of my posts and then hold me accountable for something that I haven’t read. If I had read, I wouldn’t have reacted to his claim thing, I would’ve just said from the start that I know he’s bullshitting me.

That was more of a joke, but good thing you are reaching still. Just because two people were scum reading you, skitter, doesn’t mean you have to make stupid pushes like this to “clear” yourself.
a) i don't know why it felt weird; if i did i would have said so, and when i know i will say so ... why are you bringing up lylo now anyways
b) as far as i'm aware nmsa is not not_mafia
c) i don't understand why or how you think i'm being hypocritical
d) ??? why should i have read that as a joke
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:57 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 674, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 632, ElevenThirty wrote:insomnia, i think you may be scum
+1

But it's a baseless read so you won't have to entertain it and this push is horrible
i'm confused by this post
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:58 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 675, insomnia wrote:I don’t think you believe your push on me at all. I have specifically said it’s a joke.

There’s a thing right under the thing you latched onto that says “The non-joke answer would be...”

Now to figure whether a Don Corleone would latch on things like this...
??? and i pretty clearly responded to the joke answer (you lynched scum day1 last time) and the non-joke answer (as scum you're capable of faking nuance, as demonstarted by the fact that multiple people townread you for it last time) so i don't get what you're trying to imply here

and really
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:59 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 676, Fuscosco wrote:yea it's not an sr atm
ok then i misunderstood what you meant, then
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:06 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 677, ElevenThirty wrote:
In post 671, insomnia wrote:Explain how they “feel weird”. Won’t let you fly to LyLo based on phrasing like this that fills for lack of justification. There’s nothing weird about em, you’re latching on the most stupid shit.

Isn’t NMSA that Not_Mafia dude? If so, why wouldn’t I believe he’d get lynched given his play style? I found it believable. It’s quite hypocritical to say you understood the context of my posts and then hold me accountable for something that I haven’t read. If I had read, I wouldn’t have reacted to his claim thing, I would’ve just said from the start that I know he’s bullshitting me.

That was more of a joke, but good thing you are reaching still. Just because two people were scum reading you, skitter, doesn’t mean you have to make stupid pushes like this to “clear” yourself.
a) i don't know why it felt weird; if i did i would have said so, and when i know i will say so ... why are you bringing up lylo now anyways
b) as far as i'm aware nmsa is not not_mafia
c) i don't understand why or how you think i'm being hypocritical
d) ??? why should i have read that as a joke
Chickadee, I don’t wanna leave my scum reads hanging. What do you think about my interaction with skitter? Does skitter’s push make sense?

Also, gun to head, if you were to read skitter based on her case only, do you think she flips town / scum?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:07 am

Post by insomnia »

Quote shouldn’t be there.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Chickadee »

I'm not answering that. I already stated I don't have a read on skitter. I won't let you put words in my mouth. I get wanting reads from me, but I do not put up with shit like this in games. I'll form my opinions when I form my options. "gun to head" is a bad way of getting information, because people just tell you what you want to hear in those situations, even if it's not the truth.

I do not negotiate with terrorists.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 654, insomnia wrote:If you would’ve read in context and not just iso, you would’ve figured out that in context these posts don’t have anything scummy to them, Voted pulled a shit fps play on me and he said he put me at L-2 and asked me if I “stick to my bg claim that my slot claimed” which he never did.
ive only played one game with skitter but........... i really dont think she'd do that as town :/
~ hydra of titus and katyusha ~
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

also im a hyposomniac and i crashed yday and had to catch up on rl things i slept through so i can address skitter's wall now wig
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 658, Fuscosco wrote:aye insomnia feels different here
:?:

in a good way or bad way

i read in some post game that he has a v distinctive meta but hes also claiming shaking up playstyles so im not sure what this means
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

im mostly reading insomniac as town because shaking up the gamestate (on days i do nothing here and come back im now finding that there's pages! wow!) and actually making sense and not in a scum-knowing-the-answers way if that makes sense
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 668, ElevenThirty wrote:b) did you really think think that you were imminently getting lynched there?
c) why would i need you to defend me ... why would i view this is a loss ... why is 'now i won't be defended by you' a response to me saying these posts are weird ...?
skitter...
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

also i think the transition from "not reading skitter" > *gets pushed by skitter* > "okay time to scumread skitter but i dont want to vote her :pensive:" is probably not something i'd want to fake as scum, i feel like he could have entered the thread just defending skitter and calling me shit town or something, or even go against the grain and say im scum for real !!

now onto the wall i procrastinated on
Katyusha
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Katyusha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by Katyusha »

In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:don't have an agenda, like i said i was kinda annoyed by the attitude they had wrt claiming survivor and announcing that they would not be giving scumreads and i felt th eneed to emphasize it cuz i was annoyed
the point was already driven though is my gripe. ras felt the optimal play was the same as i do and play survivor by getting in neither side's way while helping town by removing yourself from the lynchpool
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:wasn't townreading you at the time, was trying to figure out if i was scumreading you

i don't understand what zzzx has to do with anything, they posted for the first time after quote you're talking about

i was townreading 3 musketeers at the time because they had a *really* similar reaction to me wrt the survivor thing. you were townreading them, but scumreading me, so i was trying to understand the thought process that led to different conclusions, so i asked you why you were townreading them
when did you stop townreading me at this point? when we were talking about vork you said i was town and you didnt out a contradictory read until apparently you asked me that question. can u identify for me when u changed ur mind?
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:again, it was because of how they were appraoching the survivor thing - it felt really similar to how *i* approached it and i find it encouraging when people approach things the same i do - i know i'm town and that my thought process is town, so if they're thinking about it the same way it feels + town to me because i know that they're thinking about it in a way that i know a townie might

i will say that i'm kinda losing the townread on both slots (zzzx and 3 musketeers) since the
i believe i said this already but "same thoughts about survivor as me!" really shouldnt be a towntell, it's like saying you townread someone because you both feel like cops should out guilties as soon as they get them or something. it's a mechanical thing people are going to always feel the same about as either alignment, at worst they can hide behind whatever opinion they have and contribute nothing to the gamestate (*cough*)
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:it didn't feel like a natural thought process to me
well what seemed unnatural about it? the fact you disagreed...? idrk what else would imply im faking it honestly
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:a) my posting style's changed a lot since my first game on site! this is pretty typical of me these days and i'm a lot more stream-of-conscious-y and just kinda say what i'm thinking; don't wall quite as much anymore; i rely a lot on more gut/feelings than like deliberate logic most of the time now
i just kinda announce townreads whenever i have them (and scumreads too)
b) idk whyat you mean by hamming it up with ankhydra but didn't mean to mess up anything, she just seemed town so i said it
willing to be wrong abt this and that's fine! i think im even worse at mafia now lmao i used to be better at like personality profiles and stuff but i just lost all that chutzpah the year before

by hamming it up i meant me driving the point home more, there isnt really much to it other than "hm, skitter seems to be coming to conclusions faster than i probably would feel comfortable in her position" which is kind of a weak read and honestly personality dependent. i think there is some merit to looking to how quickly someone forms snap reads (like, i generally try to make sure im reading every post from every slot as something unless i really feel it's NAI so i form reads quickly usually), like for example schadd pointed out to me during marathon weekend that while both town!me and scum!me both form reads quickly and are generally loud and pushy, scum!me is a lot faster and more confident about it as well.

(I almost had a heart attack and clicked x on this tab fjasldfjasdl;fjasld;fja;dfjadf thank GOD ctrl-shift-t brings back up what ur typing)
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:ya, we didn't have one that morning, i posted, and noticed that we did so i mentioned it
hE DUCKING THIS SMOKE

oh word, has he said anything in your pt/discord/dms/whatever? restating that titus has basically said nothing other than saying cool when i told her the account's password
eddie cane
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 690, Katyusha wrote:
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:don't have an agenda, like i said i was kinda annoyed by the attitude they had wrt claiming survivor and announcing that they would not be giving scumreads and i felt th eneed to emphasize it cuz i was annoyed
the point was already driven though is my gripe. ras felt the optimal play was the same as i do and play survivor by getting in neither side's way while helping town by removing yourself from the lynchpool
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:wasn't townreading you at the time, was trying to figure out if i was scumreading you

i don't understand what zzzx has to do with anything, they posted for the first time after quote you're talking about

i was townreading 3 musketeers at the time because they had a *really* similar reaction to me wrt the survivor thing. you were townreading them, but scumreading me, so i was trying to understand the thought process that led to different conclusions, so i asked you why you were townreading them
when did you stop townreading me at this point? when we were talking about vork you said i was town and you didnt out a contradictory read until apparently you asked me that question. can u identify for me when u changed ur mind?
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:again, it was because of how they were appraoching the survivor thing - it felt really similar to how *i* approached it and i find it encouraging when people approach things the same i do - i know i'm town and that my thought process is town, so if they're thinking about it the same way it feels + town to me because i know that they're thinking about it in a way that i know a townie might

i will say that i'm kinda losing the townread on both slots (zzzx and 3 musketeers) since the
i believe i said this already but "same thoughts about survivor as me!" really shouldnt be a towntell, it's like saying you townread someone because you both feel like cops should out guilties as soon as they get them or something. it's a mechanical thing people are going to always feel the same about as either alignment, at worst they can hide behind whatever opinion they have and contribute nothing to the gamestate (*cough*)
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:it didn't feel like a natural thought process to me
well what seemed unnatural about it? the fact you disagreed...? idrk what else would imply im faking it honestly
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:a) my posting style's changed a lot since my first game on site! this is pretty typical of me these days and i'm a lot more stream-of-conscious-y and just kinda say what i'm thinking; don't wall quite as much anymore; i rely a lot on more gut/feelings than like deliberate logic most of the time now
i just kinda announce townreads whenever i have them (and scumreads too)
b) idk whyat you mean by hamming it up with ankhydra but didn't mean to mess up anything, she just seemed town so i said it
willing to be wrong abt this and that's fine! i think im even worse at mafia now lmao i used to be better at like personality profiles and stuff but i just lost all that chutzpah the year before

by hamming it up i meant me driving the point home more, there isnt really much to it other than "hm, skitter seems to be coming to conclusions faster than i probably would feel comfortable in her position" which is kind of a weak read and honestly personality dependent. i think there is some merit to looking to how quickly someone forms snap reads (like, i generally try to make sure im reading every post from every slot as something unless i really feel it's NAI so i form reads quickly usually), like for example schadd pointed out to me during marathon weekend that while both town!me and scum!me both form reads quickly and are generally loud and pushy, scum!me is a lot faster and more confident about it as well.

(I almost had a heart attack and clicked x on this tab fjasldfjasdl;fjasld;fja;dfjadf thank GOD ctrl-shift-t brings back up what ur typing)
In post 439, ElevenThirty wrote:ya, we didn't have one that morning, i posted, and noticed that we did so i mentioned it
hE DUCKING THIS SMOKE

oh word, has he said anything in your pt/discord/dms/whatever? restating that titus has basically said nothing other than saying cool when i told her the account's password
i had the right sessionbox open but i think remaking the tab fucked with that :(
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

anyway why did i procrastinate on that that didnt even take that long to write lol

reserving commentary on zzzx pushing voted btw for when the wagon grows/doesnt grow, kind of curious to see who 1130 is counterwagonned by because im not even sure who's viable besides zeebu?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 644, zeebu wrote:What other 3p would I want to represent if not survivor? Honest question. I can’t think of one.
So is LAL still a thing on MS?

I mean if zeebu isn't really a survivor and the predecessor lied, is lynching zeebu day 1 still off the table?

Not much else has changed in my readslist, and I'll continue to town hunt instead of scum hunt for now until I'm clearer on the mechanical setup

Not removing vote, and zeebu has only strengthened my conviction of it
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

we are lynching him down the line almost 100% of the time but i think the chances of him being groupscum are astronomically low
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by insomnia »

Is tone reading a reliable source to reading skitter? Cuz she feels REALLY off and her case doesn’t help.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by insomnia »

I’ve concluded my read, Chickadee can eat the noose. Her replying to my demands while not replying to them proves she’s lurking and doesn’t want to get involved in anything that’s going on in the thread. She doesn’t know how to “go with the flow” of the thread if that makes sense. She feels left out and rightfully so, because only the villagers are cruising down the river on the villaboat.

And the g2h thing is misconstrued as me wanting my thoughts to be reinforced, it’s actually more of a “how do you see this push by skitter”.

I’m probably never moving my vote.

Skitter, I don’t believe this play style suits you. I liked logical skitter more than gut skitter, you’re easier to get lynched as either alignment for it.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by insomnia »

And I believe you are allowing your gut to search for things that “feel off” and then using logic to get that person lynched based on your gut call, which is nothing more than a confirmation bias now that I look at it this way, hmm
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by insomnia »

In post 686, Old Dogs wrote:
In post 658, Fuscosco wrote:aye insomnia feels different here
:?:

in a good way or bad way

i read in some post game that he has a
v distinctive
meta but hes also claiming shaking up playstyles so im not sure what this means
I think you spelled “Insomnia is trash as scum” wrong
Old Dogs
Old Dogs
Goon
Old Dogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Old Dogs »

In post 695, insomnia wrote:Is tone reading a reliable source to reading skitter? Cuz she feels REALLY off and her case doesn’t help.
i have no idea but im glad you finally see it lMOA

i mean tbf ive only seen scum her and like years ago (ive spectated games but i wouldnt say i know how to read her well) but she feels vvv yikes

and i mean thats what i gathered lol but "very different" was how someone put it iirc so :]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”