Micro 878: Chain of Command [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blake x Weiss
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Blake x Weiss »

In post 223, Aubrey wrote:I’m assuming it’s a association read with the hydra.
Okay, but why is this the conclusion you jumped to first rather than my scumread being entirely based on your play?
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 217, Blake x Weiss wrote:Voted
Datisi
Persivul
zeebu
Saudade
Iconeum
Liz and Jack

VOTE: Liz and Jack

-Blake
What part of I’m pretty much you from last game, went completely over your head? Do I have to claim yet to prevent another Timeshift situation from occurring?

I will say this much for now. Unless there is a scum captain in this setup, we will be confitown, D2.

Congrats on being a gamethrowing WOAT Ank.

~Liz
I want to roll my eyes right now, but the doctor says that if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Aubrey »

I dunno. Was the first thought that crossed my mind. “Oh I bet it’s because I’m almost coaching the Hydra from continuing their self burial between Pers and Saude”

If it’s not the case I’d be curious to know. :]
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

The Mafia team is composed of 2 players who are randomly assigned to any rank and role in the game (They can be officers. If either of them are officers the secondary win condition does not apply). They have two win conditions A) outnumber the town/endgame them or
B) kill the entire officer command structure (Captain, Commander, and Lieutenant).
There was a REASON why I posted this.
I want to roll my eyes right now, but the doctor says that if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Persivul »

OK, what was the reason?
Blake x Weiss
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Blake x Weiss »

Oh good, you rolled scum commander whatever thing this game.

Thank you for confirming.

-Blake
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

:shifty:
In post 230, Blake x Weiss wrote:Oh good, you rolled scum commander whatever thing this game.

-Blake
In post 569, Blake x Weiss wrote:We are the Lieutenant.

Good luck.

-Blake
Okay, so how certain are you of your read on us, that you’re willing to risk losing the game for town?

I said, “pretty much” for a reason. Do you honestly think scum!me, adds that in there because we’re scum?

The only way we will NOT be confitown S2, is if there’s a scum captain in this setup

Unless you think I’m lying about us being a Lieutenant, you shouldn’t be voting us here.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Persivul »

There aren't any roles in this setup that can conftown themselves.
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

When a player has been ordered to perform an action they will receive this message: "Your captain has ordered you to Bodyguard Faraday. Will you follow orders? Will you Obey or Disobey?" (not choosing will result in a 50/50 coinflip as to whether you'll obey or disobey) And remember, the Captain (and only the captain) will know if you've disobeyed orders. He will not know YOU the player disobeyed, only the role.
In this instance, he'd know the Bodyguard disobeyed.
10. Scum PRs can Action + Use the factional NK.
So, that’s why I say, we will be confitown so long as the captain is also town, because if we’re scum, we would obviously want to disobey town!Captain, wouldn’t we and vice-versa?

So, we are a
PR
town Lieutenant obviously. That’s why I added that modifier - “pretty much” - because you were a vanilla town lieutenant, iirc, we are not a vanilla.

I think we are not allowed to self-target? So, if that’s the case, then it would appear as if we disobeyed but
only
, if we are asked to self-target I believe?
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Datisi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but following Captain's order once =/= confitown.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Blake x Weiss
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Blake x Weiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Blake x Weiss »

In post 231, Liz and Jack wrote::shifty:
In post 230, Blake x Weiss wrote:Oh good, you rolled scum commander whatever thing this game.

-Blake
In post 569, Blake x Weiss wrote:We are the Lieutenant.

Good luck.

-Blake
Okay, so how certain are you of your read on us, that you’re willing to risk losing the game for town?

I said, “pretty much” for a reason. Do you honestly think scum!me, adds that in there because we’re scum?

The only way we will NOT be confitown S2, is if there’s a scum captain in this setup

Unless you think I’m lying about us being a Lieutenant, you shouldn’t be voting us here.
No, I'm confscumming you exactly because of how you're playing this.

You were town captain last game and played like you would a VT without even bringing your role up as a defense against the early pressure you got against your slot. This game, you're claiming to have a similar role, and yet you are overly defensive and expecting to get bailed out by the fact that you apparently rolled a similar role this time too?

I'm not seeing any reason for town!Liz to suddenly change this drastically from game to game with the same type of role, but I
can
see why you'd be looking to play up this angle as scum, especially knowing that I specifically played around knowing one of them was town last time to try to push the game to a state where scum couldn't win with the secondary win condition.

This is even without taking into account that the way you've been playing this game drastically skews towarda your normal scum mindset rather than your normal town mindset like last game.

-Blake
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 232, Persivul wrote:There aren't any roles in this setup that can conftown themselves.
If that was true, there would be no point to this entire setup.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 236, Liz and Jack wrote:
In post 232, Persivul wrote:There aren't any roles in this setup that can conftown themselves.
Please enlighten me.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 233, Liz and Jack wrote:So, that’s why I say, we will be confitown so long as the captain is also town, because if we’re scum, we would obviously want to disobey town!Captain, wouldn’t we and vice-versa?
No. If scum always disobey, scum PRs would always (with a town captain) be outed D2. If you're scum PR and ordered to do something that isn't going to harm you (and that's likely), you'd obey.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Persivul »

Jailkeeper
Voyeur
Follower
Rolecop
Bodyguard
Motivator
Doctor
Poisoner

Top of my head, the only thing you'd need to disobey is if you're poisoner, and ordered to poison your partner. Two things to remember: scum PRs can take an action and perform the kill; captain gives the orders, but he doesn't get results.
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 237, Datisi wrote:
In post 236, Liz and Jack wrote:
Please enlighten me.
The whole point of the setup is to determine if the 3 PRs comply with the Captain’s orders.

So last time we were the captain and we would find out if any of the PR actions we submitted had disobeyed us or not. We wound up only submitting 2/3 actions, since we determined with the 3 possible mislynch situation that B & W brought up, we decided that we’d be helping scum, unless we were certain that our poison target was scum.

In that game, Persival was scum role cop, so if scum didn’t want us to be able to narrow down which player was the pr who disobeyed us, he could just disobey our command. Since the game was cut short, we’ll never find out if he would have claimed/performed the NA but we are claiming.

I’m trying it find it but I think there’s something about PR actions being revealed in the thread, the following day? I recall reading something about that?
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Datisi »

I'm not following. How could him obeying help you narrow down who are the PR? He would be the one getting the results of the investigation, not the Captain.
~M
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Persivul »

As role cop, I would have obeyed. There was no downside to obeying.
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 239, Persivul wrote:Jailkeeper
Voyeur
Follower
Rolecop
Bodyguard
Motivator
Doctor
Poisoner

Top of my head, the only thing you'd need to disobey is if you're poisoner, and ordered to poison your partner. Two things to remember: scum PRs can take an action and perform the kill; captain gives the orders, but he doesn't get results.
So, are the results posted in the thread or not? I remember reading that but I couldn’t find the quote. No we are not poisoner but I think they are the only role that can self-target. Unfortunately they also die by doing do, unless there’s also a doctor in the setup who can heal them the next day. I think it was pretty fucked up to have a poisoner but no doc in the last game.

So if the captain orders us to self-target, than they would defacto get the result that we disobeyed or any pr other than poisoner, which kind of sucks for us if that happens.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Datisi »

Why would the results be posted in the thread? And isn't there a rule that, if the Captain orders any non-poisoner PR to self-target, it will be as if no action was sent in, therefore the Captain wouldn't receive neither "they obeyed" nor "disobeyed"? Correct me if I'm reading that wrong.
~M
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Persivul »

5. All results are given to the players, not the Captain.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Datisi »

C'mon LJ, where did you go? We were having such a nice conversation
~M
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 244, Datisi wrote:Why would the results be posted in the thread? And isn't there a rule that, if the Captain orders any non-poisoner PR to self-target, it will be as if no action was sent in, therefore the Captain wouldn't receive neither "they obeyed" nor "disobeyed"? Correct me if I'm reading that wrong.
The captain doesn’t know who the prs are, so I’m assuming that a “no action” would get read as disobeyed.

@mod, is this correct?
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Liz and Jack
Liz and Jack
Goon
Liz and Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Liz and Jack »

In post 245, Persivul wrote:
Okay thanks, I don’t know how I didn’t see that. So the players would know the results of our NA, unless we either disobeyed or were required to self-target.
~Liz Lemon

*[/b]
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 248, Liz and Jack wrote:
In post 245, Persivul wrote:
Okay thanks, I don’t know how I didn’t see that. So the players would know the results of our NA, unless we either disobeyed or were required to self-target.
Don't you mean, you yourself would know the results of your NA?
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”