Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Post by Hidden Happiness »

In post 351, Almost50 wrote:
In post 344, Hidden Happiness wrote:You're basically proposing to neuter me forever
Timid isn't neutering you though. Inactive is. Unless you rate the proposals (that have to be sanctioned by the majority) more powerful than the actual abilities if the roles.
Inactive would obviously be worse. Not being able to ever propose something is still bad. From your current PoV "Can never be King" isn't a big deal but you can't predict if that's the same situation a few days down the road. It's the equivalent of like, not being allowed to make wagons. And yes proposals in general have to be accepted by everyone except for the last one, if people can't agree the last proposal just happens so people's personal preferences are going to bleed through on these. This gets way worse the less people there are/the less proposals are from town.
momo wrote:Also giving people a role because you like them isn't legit. You give them roles to further your wincon (town or scum). If he's scum, the role he gives you furthers his wincon if you are scum. If he's town, that means he thought you were town.
RC never made a proposal so other then a throwaway comment you can't know if he really would have tried to do that. I'm not talking about the role though, I'm talking about your conviction that that slot had to be scum which, I'm still in doubt of, and the way you switched me in as a scumread around the time I said I don't think he's scum, which accuses me of being world's worst scum player. Titus is pretty easy for people to read on top of that so I'd rather lynch someone more null like Vecna, Gamma or Iconeum.
In post 358, Iconeum wrote: Why would you care for being a hated townie? That doesn't mean you get lynched for it. The soft defence for RC here is bad. I'd lynch RC today, and if this flips scum you are next. Though I know i'm not Original in saying this… just my thoughts as well
My problem is obviously not related for being lynched for it buddo and I think if you'd actually read what I've been saying instead of parroting momo you'd know that.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 225, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:You don't believe the things that you're pushing me for. You're either making stuff up because you want something that sounds better to push me for, or you're scum.
Look elsewhere, all his reasoning is completely believable from a town pov.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 240, momo wrote:
In post 235, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:People have NKed me over known cops before, and won the game because they made that decision.
I actually want the D5 role but I'd prefer you just give it to us as opposed to banking on someone dying for no reason.
I mean I don't care. I literally don't care. I want Momo dead, I'm just offering whatever safeties everyone else wants against me being scum.
The RC patented raw arrogance just push it through everyone else is stupid method isn't going to work.

Also RC, I genuinely enjoy playing with you. You are a great player and it's fun watching you play. I would never lynch you just because you're you. I want to lynch you because you're scum.
Such a satisfying read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 178, popsofctown wrote:From what I know of RC he gives a similar high level of effort as both alignments making effort=town less indicative for him than it is in a vacuum. You have to read him with different methods
eh.......I haven't really played with RC recently but I actually do think he's much more proactive as scum?
In post 182, Almost50 wrote:
In post 174, popsofctown wrote:Iconeum replaced into a game about a week before its wedding so we can policy lynch Iconeum here if you feel strongly about this
I'm not the king of PL's. Her's your man *Points @ Nero*
Are you saying that I push pls or that I should be pled?

In post 194, popsofctown wrote:Ew, preflip associatives. Why do people do those? Especially day 1?
this prob has nothing to do with this game but I see this alot and I think it's stupid as shit. A player thinks X is scum or Y is town and if thats true then they think blah blah blah. You don't need a flip to think that and one of towns best weapons is their voice so throwing out their opinion is just pro-town play.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 259, Hidden Happiness wrote:Can you stop arguing with your boyfriend, this is incredibly unproductive and if I'm understanding you you don't care what his alignment is, no one's going to lynch momo for scumreading you.
distancing?
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by Saudade »

are we trying to meta dive me
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by Saudade »

good luck with that boys
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Post by Saudade »

ah nvm rc stole the spotlight and repd out
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Post by Saudade »

i'll vote whatever cheekybreeky votes
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 274, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:after all, if you think that I'm scum, why are you trying to convince me that your case on me holds water?
what point is there in that? Its the rest he has to convince
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 296, Almost50 wrote:
In post 289, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:almost50

you 'still' have not addressed my read on Momo, why?
I have, and long before this silly feud started.
momo is the towniest slot in the game
. He was when I said it and he still is.

What I'm trying to decide is YOUR alignment, because deciding that could be the difference between us winning or losing the game (as either alignment. If you're town and I SR you we lose. If you're scum and I TR you we lose. If you're scum and I SR you we may have a chance. If you're town and I TR you our chance is bigger).

So I think I'm not passing any official proposals until I've decided on your slot.
Im changing my mind
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 262, Almost50 wrote:
In post 241, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think miller and vanilla should be given to universal town reads. They can essentially function as named townies and that’s pretty strong.
That's all cool and dandy, but I would like to see you give your reads so I can have an idea of your provision linking theory to practice.
In due time. Wanna let the dust settle first.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 269, Almost50 wrote:
In post 245, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think giving timid to those kind of players makes it harder for scum to push on them. I can easily see lynch bait proposing something poorly thought out and getting pushed for it. Inactive makes it so that way scum can’t try to suggest giving these kind of players roles they may mishandle or just not best suited for.
But you're looking at this from only one angle. Lynchbait will always be lynchbait and your plan makes it more likely for them to make it to LyLo. Remember: Just because a player is lynchbaity doesn't mean they couldn't have rolled scum. Even more, if they are town taking them to LyLo is still risky because they could get lynched then.

We need to find equilibrium between handing our strong roles to strong town reads, strong players and keeping these strong TRs/players alive (so far I haven't found a proper formula but I'm working on it)
That’s fine. The longer the game goes on, the easier it’ll get to differentiate who is misunderstood but still actively trying to game solve from scum.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 272, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:because you talk about and justify your read on me like someone who feels caught for the wrong reasons, like you don't believe it but you believe the 'logic' is sound.
I don’t understand how you reached this conclusion?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 277, Almost50 wrote:
In post 248, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could you obvious town A50?
I don't care about being "obvious" as much as I want to be "useful" town. That said, I think I have obv!towned already.
Then maybe you should lobby for something else other than neighbor. I think the likelihood of Nero’s alignment will become more apparent and clear as he posts.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 309, Oversoul wrote:
In post 239, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:i think 236 essentially confirms that they're scum in the game
or scum outside of it
. that's the lynch today. again, idc where anything else goes as long as the inventor goes to town.
What does the bolded mean?
In post 247, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:My fear is that I don’t want inactive given to someone who easily gets disengaged or is showing signs of disengagement.
Hmm.. why would this cause someone to become inactive? It just makes them a vanilla townie or a goon. Although, if your hunch is true, I doubt a goon would replace out.
In post 293, Sothis Stefon Styx wrote:
In post 291, Almost50 wrote:Would you rather he gives you the silent treat (I'm not positive, but I think you don't like to play with Wisdom)
he should be trying to convince other people that I'm scum, not me.
I thought that was the purpose of his wall of colors. :?: My primary issue with Momo is that I do not believe him when he says all of his scumreads were independent.
Knowing that you’re essentially a vanilla townie in a role madness game is demoralizing.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 322, Almost50 wrote:This is the second iteration. I made minor changes overall. I still haven't changed the stronger roles though.

Timid = Hidden Happiness (Shadoweh/MariaR hydra)
Vanilla = Iconeum
Inventor = popsofctown
Day 5 Innocent Child = Oversoul
Miller = apthet
Neighbour = Nero Cain
1-shot Gladiator = momo
Day 3 King = Vecna
Night 1 Universal Backup = CheekyTeeky
Neighbour = Almost50
Odd-Night Motion Detector = Gamma Emerald
Macho = Lil Uzi Vert
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx (RadiantCowbells/Baezu hydra)
Timid = Lil Uzi Vert?
Vanilla = Oversoul
Inventor = ?
Day 5 Innocent Child = CheekyTeeky
Miller = Momo
Neighbour = ?
1-shot Gladiator = popsofctown
Day 3 King = ?
Night 1 Universal Backup = Hidden Happiness
Neighbour = Vecna
Odd-Night Motion Detector = apthet
Macho = Gamma Emerald
Inactive = Saudade
Compulsive Quitter = Sothis Stefon Styx

This is what I have so far.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No proposal is going to be perfect so whining about not getting a certain role needs to stop.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 389, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Then maybe you should lobby for something else other than neighbor. I think the likelihood of Nero’s alignment will become more apparent and clear as he posts.
what would you give me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 393, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 389, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Then maybe you should lobby for something else other than neighbor. I think the likelihood of Nero’s alignment will become more apparent and clear as he posts.
what would you give me?
Not sure yet. I was hoping you would obvious town by now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Is it just me or inventor doesn’t seem strong at all? Activated Hero is too situational.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 314, callforjudgement wrote:
Titus replaces Sothis Stefon Styx.
rofl. oh dear. what a deja vu
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 394, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not sure yet. I was hoping you would obvious town by now.
ok, I'm obv town. What would you give me then?

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 397, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 394, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not sure yet. I was hoping you would obvious town by now.
ok, I'm obv town. What would you give me then?
Probably timid or vanilla.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”