rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Nah but it’s not really coaching though. It’s kind of like ‘oh I have this thing that people do to me, wanna do it?’

A scumteam with Red and Creature will be relatively engaged (also I’m loling because we were playing a newbie together and we mislynched Creature so obviously something was going on with Red there) so coming out with these ideas doesn’t seem at all unlikely to me.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Also scum have daychat, which makes it more likely
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

go eat your breakfast and then I want to see the iso of montosh you said you'd do
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

what if that montosh/skitter mixup had just nothing to do with why they are scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:13 am

Post by Montosh »

Blarghh... my reads have been shit.

Ok I'll be here tonight after work.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1639, DeasVail wrote:Scum: Vorkuta, Otter
I'm conf!town by no so no

VOTE: DeasVail
OMGUS
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1680, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1639, DeasVail wrote:Scum: Vorkuta, Otter
I'm conf!town by no so no

VOTE: DeasVail
OMGUS
What makes you confTown?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1550, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1549, Alchemist21 wrote:Yeah, orhz is my 2nd choice for group scum because she also resisted that red wagon. Deasvail’s defense seems a bit scummier to me though.
I think her overall absence is way scummier than a defense from Deas honestly.

The last thing I would do as scum is defend a partner that has 95% chances to get lynched. That's just putting myself in the spot for no reason. I don't see any scum doing this.

I think a scum would curse in their PT and keep silent and I think that's what Ofhrz has been doing.
I have been pretty low activity sitewide for the last few days if not entire week

And I didn't lurk through the Red lynch, I did give my opinion, and even though it was wrong, I still stand by what I said about town forgetting things all the time lol
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:30 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1553, nomnomnom wrote:I guess you're right. Though you can see from the wording that DeasVail thought RF was town, as opposed to Of's lenient approach of "lol not a scumslip BUT can be scum".

I just don't see Deas scum here. That doesn't fit a scum team agenda to me.
What did you think of his reasons for thinking RF was town though?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:41 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1639, DeasVail wrote:Town: Pops, Kublai, roster, Alch
Less Town: Nero Cain, Kirari, ofrhz
Less Scum: Montosh, nomnom, Jesus
Scum: Vorkuta, Otter
This is actually pretty close to where I'm at

Otter and nom are probably my top two scum reads
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

It wasn't forgetting, it was a false reconstructed memory. The reported occurrence was "placing an unvote on creature with the reasoning that he's town in a different game". The analogue to that would be when you tell a 5 year old every other week that they went to Disneyland when they were 4, usually they'll eventually generate some false memories to match what you tell them. That doesn't happen to townies all the time because it's a rare occurrence in adults and 5 year olds aren't playing mafia.

Yes, as town he would be equally likely to forget when Creature flipped and therefore how useful the lie is... but like that's not what's on trial.

You and DeasVail (and so did RedFlavor but it's a cranial ego self-defense mechanism I'd positive I'd talk myself out of it being a real tell too) keep splitting apart the action "unvoting Creature while considering the fact he's town in a different game" into its component part so that either alignment can forget the order of the opponents. It has to be considered one indivisible action that did or didn't happen.

I am probably wasting threadspace with this because the player I wanted dead is dead and I had extra votes but I really don't get how people don't get it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1674, Kirari Momobami wrote:but seriously, in reality, is there really a world where Montosh COACHES redflavor to deliberately confuse him with skitter? like REALLY? give me a break
Red later said he would totally make something like that up as scum to mess up associations which is kind of giving me a headache to think about right now
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1683, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1553, nomnomnom wrote:I guess you're right. Though you can see from the wording that DeasVail thought RF was town, as opposed to Of's lenient approach of "lol not a scumslip BUT can be scum".

It felt pretty unilateral when it comes to thinking but that's not really the crux of the argument.
I just don't think scum!Deas jumps to save his scum partner like that when they are 95% chances the guy gets lynched.
I don't think any scum does that.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1685, popsofctown wrote:It wasn't forgetting, it was a false reconstructed memory. The reported occurrence was "placing an unvote on creature with the reasoning that he's town in a different game". The analogue to that would be when you tell a 5 year old every other week that they went to Disneyland when they were 4, usually they'll eventually generate some false memories to match what you tell them. That doesn't happen to townies all the time because it's a rare occurrence in adults and 5 year olds aren't playing mafia.

Yes, as town he would be equally likely to forget when Creature flipped and therefore how useful the lie is... but like that's not what's on trial.

You and DeasVail (and so did RedFlavor but it's a cranial ego self-defense mechanism I'd positive I'd talk myself out of it being a real tell too) keep splitting apart the action "unvoting Creature while considering the fact he's town in a different game" into its component part so that either alignment can forget the order of the opponents. It has to be considered one indivisible action that did or didn't happen.

I am probably wasting threadspace with this because the player I wanted dead is dead and I had extra votes but I really don't get how people don't get it.
I get that this was the argument at the time, but I also think memory is less fragile and accurate than people think it is

Anyway this isn't a line of argument I really want to pursue either
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:50 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1687, nomnomnom wrote:

It felt pretty unilateral when it comes to thinking but that's not really the crux of the argument.
I just don't think scum!Deas jumps to save his scum partner like that when they are 95% chances the guy gets lynched.
I guess I'm failing to see why the "scum wouldn't do that!" logic doesn't apply to me either?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:51 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1689, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1687, nomnomnom wrote:

I guess I'm failing to see why the "scum wouldn't do that!" logic doesn't apply to me either?
Alch asked me the same question and I somewhat agreed.

I feel your defense was less insistent and overall that doesn't invalidate the feeling that I think you're scum.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 am

Post by ofrhz »

OK

I think you're also scumreading me for being inactive, which has been an IRL thing. And the time you replaced in at also basically coincided with me being busier IRL so I can see why you don't think I've contributed much to this game
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:55 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1691, ofrhz wrote:OK

I think you're also scumreading me for being inactive, which has been an IRL thing. And the time you replaced in at also basically coincided with me being busier IRL so I can see why you don't think I've contributed much to this game
I guess it could cloud my judgement.

I feel your posts haven't left much impact on me too.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:57 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1104, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 1097, RedFlavor wrote:No I voted because that wagon was becoming a thing.
That being said, I didn't read the game but I might read this tomorrow because it is possible.
But you voted him before, again quoting others, so you must have some opinion of him that you can articulate.

Reading the game would be a great idea, yes.

VOTE: redflavor
Actually idk if otter is scum
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 am

Post by ofrhz »

Yeah I actually like Otter's progression on Red yesterday

probably worth rereading
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

There's a difference between forgetting Bill Clinton used to be president and remembering that Al Gore used to be president. Even if you have Alzheimer's frail fragile human memory doesn't do the second thing to you.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Pops you are my favourite person <3.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1693, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1097, RedFlavor wrote:No I voted because that wagon was becoming a thing.
That being said, I didn't read the game but I might read this tomorrow because it is possible.
But you voted him before, again quoting others, so you must have some opinion of him that you can articulate.

I don't see why "I'm voting you so you read the game" isn't s/s when basically it's giving otter permission to backoff for red putting in effort
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

Al Gore actually became president of the internet after he finished inventing it
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1697, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 1693, ofrhz wrote:

I don't see why "I'm voting you so you read the game" isn't s/s when basically it's giving otter permission to backoff for red putting in effort
That probably wasn't the best post to quote

Full context of their conversation --
In post 1096, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 1091, RedFlavor wrote:
In post 1072, LuckyOtter wrote:Trying to get caught up. I'm really not liking the flashwagon on Jesus yesterday because of his "do you have a gun" comment. Like, did you all
really
think that was rolefishing? @LUV, roster, redflavor.

I've mostly been TRing Kublai but I don't like his asking roster why he's moving his vote around. Votehopping D1 is obviously a thing and a lot of people were doing it in this game especially. Like, did you see roster doing it
more
than others, or more opportunistically than others? If you followed up on this I'm not seeing it.

I was away during all of Niko's existence here, so going to slog through that now.
Idk I didn't vote for that
VOTE: Jesus Louisus
But you quoted LUV's vote when you voted, which I interpret as agreeing with him that Jesus' gun post was scummy, and I'm not seeing that. So what were/are you voting him for?

Doesn't read SvS to me

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”