Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1399, pisskop wrote:I wonder if future neighbors will share a hood with today's?
As a
rookie mod
I would expect them not to. In fact, I would expect a Neighborizer role coming up soon, but no the role of Neighbor on the list.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Hidden Happiness »

In post 1391, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1389, Hidden Happiness wrote:Weirdly we don't disagree with this as a list. But the fact that it came from a50 alone makes us doubt it. VOTE: Against
@MOD: This is unacceptable. I'm tired of this slot bringing up outside-of-game influence. They're not playing to win, They're playing to bug someone and that someone is me.
I've never laughed and been so shocked at a post at the same time. Trust me when I say I have no problems with you and while you have upset my partner she's not
that
pissed. You're my top scumread and while your list looks decent the fact it's made by you makes me sus it.~The non Shadow head
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Maria: Let me rephrase my point from then. From your PoV you maybe right on me, but then you assume all/most your other reads are wrong. Why? OR, you assume most of your reads are wrong (based on me proposing this list) so why do you assume your read on me is correct? Was I scum in Anime U-Pick? Was I scum in Limbo? Was I scum in Children of Hurin?

In fact, here's a quote from that one that sums it all up:

Subject: Mini 2032: Children of Hurin Mafia - Game Over
MariaR wrote:
In post 405, Almost50 wrote:At least cut the BS and state the truth: You just LOVE to vote me I bet if we were Masons together in any given game that you would still vote me at some point AFTER the RVS stage! Am I right or am I right?
I MEAN YOU'RE NOT WRONG...
So, it's not like I'm imagining things. You're opposed to me just for the fun of it, and when I say fun I mean from your PoV. I don't find it amusing to be SR'd regardless everytime we play together no matter what. Like you'd SR me because I'm not being serious, yet you'll vote me for being too serious. You'd vote me for not talking enough, but then you'll vote me for talking too much. You'd vote me for talking game mechanics, or for the LACK of talking game mechanics. HOW am I supposed to get you to read me correctly when you come into the game assuming I rolled scum every single time?

P.S. When I'm scum for reals I try to use that fact to my advantage. Here's a quote from C++ (the last time I rolled scum against you iirc):

Subject: Open 742: C9++ Mafia topic
Almost50 wrote: Hopefully, no one is too dangerous on this player list. MariaR auto SRs me anyway as any alignment, Percy will probably be skeptical, Gamma is the one who knows me most but I think I can manage.
We ended up RBing you and shooting Percy on N1 (Gamma was the SK and he's the one who killed you).

So, let's get serious here. I made a proposal that meets with your liking. If it was X or Y that made that proposal you would have voted for it AND called them town. But not when it's A50, because he must've rolled scum and that's the only thing you know!!

PLAY THE GAME. Discuss the proposal. See what might be wrong with it and state what you like.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Maria was scum in CoH wut
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1403, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maria was scum in CoH wut
Hence the "she auto SRs me as ANY alignment". TvT, SvT or TvS. I don't think we ever rolled scum together or scum on different teams ever. She may correct me if my memory's failing me.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Oversoul »

vote: against
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I’m sorry Almost but that proposal has too much wrong with it. Constructively, I think it might be a good idea to take a break from the site for a day or so because I think you’re reading a little too much into HH’s posts and them slighting you. Trust me you will feel better with a break
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by pisskop »

What is wrong with the proposal?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Vecna and Aphtet
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

Spoiler: my proposal as it sits
Official Proposal

1-shot Gladiator = pisskop
Inactive = Iconeum
Day 5 Innocent Child = momo
Inventor = Gamma Emerald
Day 3 King = Vecna
Macho = Titus
Miller = Oversoul
Odd-Night Motion Detector = Hidden Happiness
Neighbour = Lil Uzi Vert
Neighbour = popsofctown
Timid = apthet
Night 1 Universal Backup = Nero Cain
Vanilla = Almost50
Compulsive Quitter = CheekyTeeky
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I could support that but Momo as IC seems redundant/waste.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

I figure day3 king is overrated, and macho is overhyped.

P
I SR him, but can see where people would still tr him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Macho is overhyped how
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

What do you mean by overhyped
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

Its not really that big of a malus? Its more of a 'meh, here's a watered down role modifier, thanks for playing'
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by pisskop »

Its just a space filler, imo
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Uhhh if it goes on a hard townread they can't be protected
<Embrace The Void>

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by pisskop »

yes
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So it should prolly go on a scumread person
Like what's filling space there?
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1376, Almost50 wrote:Macho = momo
no
In post 1376, Almost50 wrote:Compulsive Quitter = apthet
no

VOTE: against
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I’m not good in neighborhoods.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you want to be?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

they said i could be anything so i became a bashful monkey
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1391, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1389, Hidden Happiness wrote:Weirdly we don't disagree with this as a list. But the fact that it came from a50 alone makes us doubt it. VOTE: Against
@MOD: This is unacceptable. I'm tired of this slot bringing up outside-of-game influence. They're not playing to win, They're playing to bug someone and that someone is me.
All other points on A50 aside, the fact that the possibility of "oh, Hidden doesn't trust me because they think I'm scum" doesn't even cross his mind is almost unassailably town.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1397, Almost50 wrote:2- We know we are bad players and we do not trust our own reads so we'll go against the guy we are scum reading.

The problem with proposition 2 is it creates a paradox of trusting their read on me with the presumption that their reads are generally bad to begin with.
Never mind, I suppose it did; and the "problem" that A50 raises with proposition 2 is really not all that unreasonable and something I've almost certainly seen before.
sometimes i want to rest

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”