popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

*cries in fairy type* I like playing with oversoul

Iconeum is far enough on the scummy side of null that I'm ok with PLing there to be humane to the mod and go a lil bit against my wincon with that, esp. if the replacement need has doubled.

I kinda like OS's readslist Nero Cain being the freshest and newest addition to the bottom list for me after his lynchpool was so fat.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What's wrong with a fat lynch pool and where did I have one?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

that was vecna
my lethargy is palpable isn't it

I find it implausible in this game state that a fellow townie wouldn't have five lynch cantidates they found head and shoulders better than lynch number six. I would go so far as to repeat that statement for X=3
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Game statusFailed proposals:
Spoiler: momo's proposal
For
(4): momo, Almost50, Iconeum, pisskop
Against
(7): Hidden Happiness, popsofctown, Nero Cain, Oversoul, Titus, Lil Uzi Vert, Vecna
Not voting
(3): apthet, CheekyTeeky, Gamma Emerald
Spoiler: Vecna's proposal
For
(2): Vecna, Lil Uzi Vert
Against
(7): Titus, Oversoul, Nero Cain, popsofctown, momo, CheekyTeeky, Almost50
Not voting
(5): Iconeum, pisskop, apthet, Gamma Emerald, Hidden Happiness
Spoiler: popsofctown's proposal
For
(5): Oversoul, pisskop, CheekyTeeky, momo, Gamma Emerald
Against
(7): Hidden Happiness, Titus, Vecna, Nero Cain, Almost50, popsofctown, Lil Uzi Vert
Not voting
(2): Iconeum, apthet
Spoiler: Lil Uzi Vert's proposal
For
(2): Lil Uzi Vert, Titus
Against
(7): Almost50, Hidden Happiness, popsofctown, momo, Nero Cain, Oversoul, Vecna
Not voting
(5): Iconeum, apthet, pisskop, CheekyTeeky, Gamma Emerald
Spoiler: Almost50's proposal
For
(2): Almost50, Gamma Emerald
Against
(7): popsofctown, Lil Uzi Vert, Hidden Happiness, Oversoul, Nero Cain, Vecna, momo
Not voting
(5): Iconeum, apthet, pisskop, CheekyTeeky, Titus
There is no current proposal.

Proposal available
(9): Hidden Happiness, Iconeum, Oversoul, apthet, Nero Cain, CheekyTeeky, Gamma Emerald, pisskop, Titus
Proposal unavailable
(5): momo, Vecna, popsofctown, Lil Uzi Vert, Almost50

To end day with a particular role assignment, one player must propose it, and 8 players vote for it.
Iconeum is V/LA this weekend.
Deadline is currently 00:05 UTC on Saturday 27 July (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2019-07-27 00:05:00)
). It will be extended when a proposal is made.

Unofficial vote count
Iconeum
(1): Oversoul
CheekyTeeky
(1): popsofctown
Hidden Happiness
(1): Iconeum
Vecna
(1): Hidden Happiness
momo
(1): pisskop

These votes don't do anything, but I'm counting them anyway.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Hidden Happiness »

Hello mina-san, we've somehow gone a few votecounts without a proposal and I want to use mine up already. What do you y'all think of this?

1-shot Gladiator: Lil Uzi Vert
Inactive: Almost50
Day 5 Innocent Child: Vecna
Inventor: popsofctown
Day 3 King: pisskop
Macho: Oversoul('s slot?)
Miller: momo
Odd-Night Motion Detector: Hidden Happiness
Neighbour: Titus
Neighbour: Gamma Emerald
Timid: Iconeum
Night 1 Universal Backup: Nero Cain
Vanilla: apthet
Compulsive Quitter: CheekyTeeky

We could lynch Iconeum instead I guess but I don't feel like "he's about to get replaced, GET HIM" is a very good idea. - Shadoweh
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im not stoked about d3king, but there are worse things in life than monarchical power when I grow up.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by pisskop »

I agree that CT has been unacceptably dismissive of the game in general. its not a low effort or lurker thing, its a tone she takes.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by pisskop »

I still want LUV as a neighbor, but a gladiating luv has some utility to me. I think nero as gladiator and luv as unibackup is better personally.

I dont TR momo, so I protest to their miller status. Swap apthet and momo pls.

otherwise sure.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: buy what hiddenhappiness is selling me
"Well, I..."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

should we not propose until oversoul and titus are replaced?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

luv is just going to not use the neighbor PT, and his refusal to use the neighbor PT will not be alignment indicative for lil uzi vert
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think putting a proposal out so overtitus can look at it while they read the 60 pages is much better than not doing so because some notetaking/learning styles would prefer that.

I think not hammering a proposal until our replacements are caught up is an o.k. policy though
"Well, I..."
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 pm

In post 1530, pisskop wrote:Im not stoked about d3king, but there are worse things in life than monarchical power when I grow up.
It's what a lot of people want for you and the best leaders are elected against their will. ;)
In post 1532, pisskop wrote:I still want LUV as a neighbor, but a gladiating luv has some utility to me. I think nero as gladiator and luv as unibackup is better personally.

otherwise sure.
I agree with the reasoning that the Gladiator is best NOT used in this setup. Nero seems suspiciously like he would use it whether people thought it was scummy or not. "Who to give these responsible decisions so they don't YOLO" factored into this for me. >_>

We'll have to agree to disagree on momo because I think encouraging a cop on later rounds to waste a shot on him would be terrible, if he's around later just lynch him as deepwolf or something. apthet seems like exactly the kind of lurky-something cops and vigs were made for.
Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Hidden Happiness
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 pm

- sis still shadoweheweh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1532, pisskop wrote:I still want LUV as a neighbor, but a gladiating luv has some utility to me. I think nero as gladiator and luv as unibackup is better personally.

otherwise sure.
Why do you think Nero as gladiator is a good idea?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1537, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 1530, pisskop wrote:Im not stoked about d3king, but there are worse things in life than monarchical power when I grow up.
It's what a lot of people want for you and the best leaders are elected against their will. ;)

otherwise sure.
I agree with the reasoning that the Gladiator is best NOT used in this setup. Nero seems suspiciously like he would use it whether people thought it was scummy or not. "Who to give these responsible decisions so they don't YOLO" factored into this for me. >_>

We'll have to agree to disagree on momo because I think encouraging a cop on later rounds to waste a shot on him would be terrible, if he's around later just lynch him as deepwolf or something. apthet seems like exactly the kind of lurky-something cops and vigs were made for.
See we have the same qualm about Nero!Gladiator
Honestly I feel like if I take time to understand you I wouldn't be at your neck like I've been so far. What are your reads? Either both heads individually or a combined overall list would be nice.
Also pisskop is kinda like "I dun wunt et" with the d3 king situation now that you make that comment
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nero has enough scum equity at this point I'm not worried about him having scum gladiator, I could just lynch him and feel like it's a good %age lynch.

It's not like momo where I think he'd gladiate town as town and I townread him right now.
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

How does Nero have scum equity? Honestly I haven't tried my metric I have previously thought of but so far just going forward in the game they've felt like town.
<Embrace The Void>

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think I attributed the vecna post to him again i have a hard time correcting something after i misread it the first time. bleck

ok i think i stand corrected and there's some risk to nero cain having gladiator but I think the game might need the tempo bad enough to pass a slightly flawed proposal.

Nero Cain please be a pal and don't use gladiate if you get it I promise to give serious and thoughtful attention to cases you make on another player without you jamming the PR behind it
"Well, I..."
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1539, Gamma Emerald wrote:

otherwise sure.
>.<

Because I want to see him yolo gladiate somebody . . .
But also because it makes a decent cop on him, to see how he reacts to it. I feel like I can personality-read him.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Iconeum »

i'll be catching up today and giving this game my full attention :)
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

:clock:
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1544, pisskop wrote:

otherwise sure.
>.<

But also because it makes a decent cop on him, to see how he reacts to it. I feel like I can personality-read him.
I like this response, very bold and unabashed
<Embrace The Void>

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 1545, Iconeum wrote:i'll be catching up today and giving this game my full attention :)
Just a reminder that this doesn't count as a prod response until you actually post a substantive post.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 1547, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1544, pisskop wrote:

otherwise sure.
>.<

I like this response, very bold and unabashed
okay. Ill put this in my pocket

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”