False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3325, Auro wrote:Could it be interpreted as evidence of lying? He claims ascetic, successful visit -> He's lying?
Yes.
Would require either a tracker or a follower, sure.

But again.

Those powers are near-universally present in MBOS games and was really hoping one was present this game to be used on me last night.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3329, ElevenThirty wrote:If she wanted to test the ascetic why didnt she fruit-vend him?
Because of the number of failure conditions.
How could I differentiate between Rhinox being ascetic and Rhinox simply not claiming the fruit?
Assuming a tracker tracked me, how could a tracker differentiate between me fruit vending one target and visiting the other?
In both cases, there's no way to do so with me visiting Auro and Fruit Vending Rhinox, regardless of whether Rhinox receives the fruit or does not, and simply remains silent.

By fruit vending to Auro, the latter is fixed. A tracker tracking me would thus either see me visit Rhinox (in which case, he's not ascetic), or would not see me visit Rhinox (in which case, he's ascetic); the tracker would know I fruit vended to Auro because Auro would always claim the fruit.

Simple logic.
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:16 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

Mastina i'm trying to decide rn if i should just sheep ank
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:18 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3332, mastina wrote:But in a void. Left to my own devices. Not taking into account their feedback. I'd be locktowning Auro here absolutely.

From my pov, the game is:
One of you/rhinox
One of pk/auro

I think out of all of these i most want to lynch pk but the fact that i just mislynched him in mylo makes me hesitatnt to trust that read
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3352, ElevenThirty wrote:Mastina i'm trying to decide rn if i should just sheep ank
The answer is always to sheep Ank, the real question is which Ank to sheep. :P
(And also, how to determine what would actually be considered 'sheeping Ank'. :P)
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3343, mastina wrote:Oh also I thought Toogeloo was scum until he claimed survivor; I as scum would not have thought of the idea of claiming 3P; I as scum would not have told Toogeloo to claim 3P; Toogeloo knows me well enough to know that I pretty much never doubt 3P claims so has more incentive to pull off the 3P claim with me as town specifically so I'd be inclined to defend him.
Ok so who here does, that's the question

I would, but incidentally I happen to know I'm not scum here
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3344, mastina wrote:
In post 3251, ElevenThirty wrote:pedit but why does yay die over mastina if they're both town then ?
Aside from how the 1v1 between Rhinox and I was left unresolved?
Aside from how the 1v1 between you and Yayvideogames was considered by many to be "quite possibly TvT"?
Aside from how Yayvideogames at various points during D4 scumread most of the players?
Aside from how Yayvideogames was on the scum lynch whereas I wasn't?

How about just the fact that Yayvideogames is made up of three players who each on their own as solo players are more competent than I am, yet alone when together in a hydra?
Right

I'm slightly burnt out and i dont feel like i'm as ~sharp~ as i usually am rn

That's partly why sheeping feels so appealing rn, sigh
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3348, mastina wrote:
In post 3303, ElevenThirty wrote:And what's the point of visiting someone who's ascetic
I was hoping, to be honest, that someone in the game received a tracker power (a near-universal power present in MBOS games) and tracked me last night.

Fruit Vending to Auro would ensure that half of my action was 100% confirmed to have gone through because he'd claim to receive the fruit and the tracker would have seen that--leaving a tracker tracking me as then being able to test whether my visit on Rhinox went through or not.

Vice-versa doesn't work as well. If I fruit vended to Rhinox and visited Auro, then the only proof to be had is IF Rhinox received the fruit AND chose to claim he received the fruit (something he very well may choose not to). A tracker tracking me to only Auro wouldn't know that it was a visit to Auro; a tracker tracking me to both Auro and Rhinox wouldn't know that it was fruit vending to Rhinox unless Rhinox claimed the fruit.

It just seemed like the smarter play.
Ok this actually makes sense, i think
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:35 am

Post by ElevenThirty »

I guess i'm at rhinox/pk rn but i'm not confident in it
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

in too town to ml
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

lets kill auro before we go ham skitter
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

i think your problem is that you townread engagement. you think that because people spew abstract opinions your way they're town
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by pisskop »

I'm tins less sure about mastina and rhino than auro

auro is super obvious scum
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3361, pisskop wrote:i think your problem is that you townread engagement. you think that because people spew abstract opinions your way they're town
Well not engagement, exactly, more the second bit - people posting things and thoughts that make sense to me makes me want to townread

It's a bit of a problem
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Youve seen example after example of why that isnt a good metric tho. Its not about respecting their opinion or w.e.

I like to analyze intent, not content. Why people do things, and when, is far, far more telling than what they do.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by pisskop »

I bet a reiso of voted would reveal his dark and insidious nature given what we know about auro.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

Like I feel I shouldnt have to spoonfeed my reasonings to people. Im much more of a 'lead you to the path to find water' than a 'force you to drink' kind of player.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

Spoiler: Fairly Obvtown Posting in Here
In post 3360, pisskop wrote:lets kill auro before we go ham skitter
In post 3361, pisskop wrote:i think your problem is that you townread engagement. you think that because people spew abstract opinions your way they're town
In post 3362, pisskop wrote:I'm tins less sure about mastina and rhino than auro

auro is super obvious scum
In post 3364, pisskop wrote:Youve seen example after example of why that isnt a good metric tho. Its not about respecting their opinion or w.e.

I like to analyze intent, not content. Why people do things, and when, is far, far more telling than what they do.
In post 3366, pisskop wrote:Like I feel I shouldnt have to spoonfeed my reasonings to people. Im much more of a 'lead you to the path to find water' than a 'force you to drink' kind of player.
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3364, pisskop wrote:Youve seen example after example of why that isnt a good metric tho. Its not about respecting their opinion or w.e.

i know it isn't; but it's something that i have a lot of trouble with; this is kinda like my blindspot

for example: i've townread scum!implosion i think three times now because he makes sense to me
i know that i do this each time, but i have trouble distinguishing between 'making sense' and 'towntelling' for some players, and rhinox is in that category apparently
ElevenThirty
ElevenThirty
Goon
ElevenThirty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by ElevenThirty »

In post 3365, pisskop wrote:I bet a reiso of voted would reveal his dark and insidious nature given what we know about auro.
i actually reread a lot of day1 and he's one of the towniest players there so
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Auro »

"Let's kill Auro for being non present"
Hmmmmmmm.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by Auro »

Mastina, my read on you was sheeping Yay's read on you + that NK never comes from you.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 3370, Auro wrote:
"Let's kill Auro for being non present"
Hmmmmmmm.
A good example of intent is using a strawman and misrepresentation of an argument when under pressure because youve been a nonfactor and only post when your tush is on the line in lylo.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by pisskop »

Notice how Im scum to him but he continues to engage with what I say
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;