Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 2610, EspressoPatronum wrote:Please get off the Gamma wagon. I'm heading to work and don't want to risk it while he's in hammer range, so here goes....

I've been in a hood with Gamma since D3.
wouldn't it make more sense to just say you have an inno on gamma tho? :P
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 2205, EspressoPatronum wrote:UNVOTE:

Gamma was pretty hard town by the end of D2. Mena, I think you're town but you're stuck tunneling on Gamma.
In post 2251, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 2226, Elements wrote:This is a very inactive game. Could mean scum are happy with where it's headed and we need to seriously rethink everything
Agreed. Assuming town!Gamma, that would also explain why yesterday hit a bit of a lull once both wagons built up. Scum knew it was tvt and just coasted. This aligns with RP's observation that Creature coasted in the second half of D2.
In post 2249, Menalque wrote:
In post 2248, Pine wrote:Because he bleeds Town
Can you stop just asserting this and actually explain it

Creature has done fuck all this game

How is that bleeding town
Agreed. I don't see town!creature here. I'd like someone to lay it all out.
In post 2395, EspressoPatronum wrote:I would join in a Pine vote today.

I'd like to give Mena some time to get out of the Gamma tunnel.
In post 2577, EspressoPatronum wrote:Get off Gamma
Gotta say he was really commited to that fakeclaim since the start of D3 then.
Sigh
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 2681, Detective Pikachu wrote:Can anyone explain the magma/aqua dynamic given I never played Ruby

Is team magma only in ruby and team aqua only in sapphire or are both in both?

the implication for this mafia game is that all of the group scum is with team magma?

Gamma, can you explain on why you believed that the scum were fully flavor-outed by the point that he made that post in the PT? I kinda wasn't paying attention to micc's flavor that much I guess and didn't realize he had implied the groupscum's mafia flavor tbh
Post mentions the Magma leader. They're for sure the bad guys.

I read through Micc's Sapphire game before joining this game. From my recollection, all of the bad guys were flavoured as Team Aqua.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm

In post 2675, Pine wrote: EP, claim your flavor in your next post
I'm Hiker Trent
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm

In post 2700, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2610, EspressoPatronum wrote:Please get off the Gamma wagon. I'm heading to work and don't want to risk it while he's in hammer range, so here goes....

I've been in a hood with Gamma since D3.
wouldn't it make more sense to just say you have an inno on gamma tho? :P
Given Tim's flip, I assumed people would read into my hood claim as being the same as his. I honestly didn't expect this much scrutiny.

I'm pretty sure the main reason people are so doubtful is because Pine is trying to stir up a panic about it. He was on the ball trying to discredit it. I don't recall seeing a single post by him even entertaining the notion that my claim is real.

Compare that to you and Creature, for instance, in which both of you are actually considering the claim instead of shutting it down immediately.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 4.04
Pine (3) -
EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Creature
Menalque (1) -
Detective Pikachu
RedPanda (1) -
Menalque
EspressoPatronum (1) -
Pine

Not Voting (1) -
RedPanda

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 4 is in (expired on 2019-08-10 13:20:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:01 pm

My initial intent was to lynch Gamma and good Mena. I ended up changing once the Gamma v Ofrhz wagons picked up.

I chose to hood Gamma for two reasons:
- he was getting heavily scumread. If I wasn't successful in hooding him, it was going to be an easy lynch to lead. If you look back through my posts, you'll notice I've been trying to avoid attention. Until I started talking with Gamma, I thought I would be the only PR left, so I was trying to stay under the radar as long as possible.
- Gamma is one of the only people to have played with me. He also said that he was doing a big ISO on me... I figured if I hooded him, he could use the ISO as a BS reason to justify his townread of me. Again, all of this with the idea of avoiding detection for as long as possible. In the event that I died, I left Gamma with some information to prove that I hooded him + I tried conveying my townread of him to help with his claim.

Notes

- my scumread on Creature came from me thinking he was PR fishing. I was very skeptical of his post asking me to address Tim's note of my potential soft.
- I'm assuming my neighborize will fail on whoever I target bcz of the assumed roleblocker. Just in case, I'll leave the information with Gamma in the hood thread.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:05 pm

On the topic of balancing... you're all forgetting the likelihood of neighborizers leading a lynch against each other. Tim started scumreading me from my crumb. Imagine what he'd do if he were still alive + I claimed neighborizer. The only way I could see town overcoming this is by lucking out and having one person in two separate hoods (which is a possibility - I checked!).

The likelihood of the neighborizers killing each other is a point for the scumteam.

As others have pointed out, the rolecop and a likely roleblocker balances things out quite nicely.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:53 pm

In post 2668, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 2666, Detective Pikachu wrote: pedit: what? loyal neighborizor targeting scum just gets no result, why would you they get a "roleblocked" result?
I'm not sure how specific I can be here. Let me get back to you on this.
@DP I followed up with this to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules by clarifying.

Getting roleblocked and neighborizing scum yield the same result to me. I have no way to determine which one caused the failure.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

In post 2704, EspressoPatronum wrote:Compare that to you and Creature, for instance, in which both of you are actually considering the claim instead of shutting it down immediately.
yeah but it's interesting mechanically. like yes there's a lot of things that can go wrong: -person gets nk'd same night they get hooded, both neighborizors could hood the same person, person could die before they get their hood shot off

but if things go well, then there are 3 innos on day 4 in quasi masonries... it is a lot of power to consider. I'm not sure I agree with Creature that just the rolecop would be enough to make that balanced, and regardless of Pine's alignment he's right that two separate loyal neighborizors is preddy stronk, so I'm not surprised he's skeptical
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:06 pm

In post 2709, Detective Pikachu wrote:... regardless of Pine's alignment he's right that two separate loyal neighborizors is preddy stronk, so I'm not surprised he's skeptical
Pine's propaganda campaign is a little more than skepticism if you ask me.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Pine »

Yes...it’s outright disbelief. I don’t think you are what you claim
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2676, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2670, Pine wrote:Mafia disloyal Neighborizer, final answer. It’s the ONLY way this is balanced
or: mafia neighborizor, and he's lying about having a mod
or: town neighborizor, and he's gambiting on gamma being town (think this is less likely tho)
If he's plain even night neighborizer why does he crumb loyal in the hood itself
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2677, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2673, Creature wrote:A mafia roleblocker could easily balance this however.
or with a gated asceticizer this is sort of in the ballpark of Jazz?
It's also vaguely similar to my mini normal I modded
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2681, Detective Pikachu wrote:Can anyone explain the magma/aqua dynamic given I never played Ruby

Is team magma only in ruby and team aqua only in sapphire or are both in both?

the implication for this mafia game is that all of the group scum is with team magma?

Gamma, can you explain on why you believed that the scum were fully flavor-outed by the point that he made that post in the PT? I kinda wasn't paying attention to micc's flavor that much I guess and didn't realize he had implied the groupscum's mafia flavor tbh
This is kinda wonky: in Ruby and Sapphire iirc it's just Magma/Aqua. In Emerald you have to fight both at the same time. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire you only fight one but the leader if the one you do not fight actually helps the leader of the one you do fight realize his plan is a bad idea.
Leave it to the guy with the username inspired by this specific set of Pokémon games to know this sort of stuff.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for the flavor hint it was a crumb of loyal with flavor from the source added
<Embrace The Void>

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Pine »

Is that where Gamma Emerald comes from?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2693, Pine wrote:I mean why would they wait to claim if this were real? GEmerald’s skepticism of EP post-recruitment and the lack of an earlier claim doesn’t smell right
I never gave any skepticism as I recall, it was more me just pussyfooting around the read to not give too much away
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2716, Pine wrote:Is that where Gamma Emerald comes from?
Yup! I have posted the full story other places but if you're in the mood I'm down for impromptu story time
<Embrace The Void>

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by Pine »

Postgame

I’d rather you not distract from the important work we’re doing here

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2697, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 2160, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2159, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 2141, Pine wrote:Umm.

Holding off on a RP vote because he's at L-1 already. Need to give possible investigatives a chance to check in at bare minimum.
In post 2156, Pine wrote:He’s confirmed Town
99.9% confirmed town*
Nah there's like no chance DP is scum here imo
So this is what Gamma implies was a crumb I guess? But if he's setup speccing me as town based on being hooded by EP then shouldn't he be townreading EP here?

In post 2455, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because I'd like to finish Ep before starting anyone new
In post 2463, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm still doing my Ep read through but I do have a question for Menalque: my predecessor Cinnamon used the term "right now" a lot. Now you claim a lot of experience with Cinnamon, so I want you to take a page out of the scumhunting book of a player called Ellibereth: which alignment does Cinnamon use it more as?
In post 2464, Gamma Emerald wrote:And btw that's something you should take seriously because reading through EP gives me a chance to look over some of your stuff and I'm kinda coming to a scumread on you
In post 2467, Gamma Emerald wrote:About to sign off for the night but before I do I want to let you know I'm done reading through EP and he is solidly town
I know some people asked for explanation so I'll talk about my meta on him and if more is requested I'll post a more comprehensive analysis of him in this game
I reviewed him in two games (Newbie 1936 and the Pastries micro Normal) and I determined he has rather non-convoluted posts which show nuanced and insightful thinking as town
Gamma can you expand on your reasoning for this series of posts, given this is all post-hooding?
The reason I focused in on EP was because I'd noticed a lot of suspicion on both of us so I wanted to try and sway that away
While on that subject I think Pine not once thinking about how we've interacted with each other since SoD3 and realizing it could be possible "oh hey maybe instead of being scum partners they're loyal hood partners" is really bad and not in the town way I was calling his play bad before
<Embrace The Void>

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by Pine »

I pointed out your interactions post SOD immediately, but spotted more relevant counterexamples rather than what fits your narrative.

Cherry picking to retroactively support your story is easy. Not making errors in the first place is hard.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2707, EspressoPatronum wrote:On the topic of balancing... you're all forgetting the likelihood of neighborizers leading a lynch against each other. Tim started scumreading me from my crumb. Imagine what he'd do if he were still alive + I claimed neighborizer. The only way I could see town overcoming this is by lucking out and having one person in two separate hoods (which is a possibility - I checked!).

The likelihood of the neighborizers killing each other is a point for the scumteam.

As others have pointed out, the rolecop and a likely roleblocker balances things out quite nicely.
This btw is also something that factored into my design for my mini normal I've been speaking of. It had odd + even cops and I expected some jostling wrt claims there too (which I was right about). I myself feel the current setup is more powerful than mine but there's the possibility of scum roleblocker or other interference + the fact that (according to Creature) setups have gotten more townsided recently
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2721, Pine wrote:I pointed out your interactions post SOD immediately, but spotted more relevant counterexamples rather than what fits your narrative.

Cherry picking to retroactively support your story is easy. Not making errors in the first place is hard.
And yet you refuse to acknowledge any refutation of these so-called errors so far.
<Embrace The Void>

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Pine »

Your refutation amounts to “nuh-uh”

You expressed doubt and suspicion of EP
after
he was allegedly Town to you