Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

In post 846, Arist2D2 wrote:
In post 818, Padme Almostdala wrote:To make it more intelligible, I don’t see the reasoning of the read that strong that you use it to “clear” your partner. If a scum is going to clear a partner, it’s made in other ways, not like that. Not with a “case” like that.

On the other hand, if you are looking to get the credit after the flip, you post something like he did.

Hope you understand what I mean.
I understand what you're saying to some degree but it doesn't make any sense. Scum can throw out awful townleans on their partners and often do because nullreading is seen as associative and they often do. They don't need some case to do that when they're posting a readslist for sure.

Pedit: RCEPO's identity is confirmed literally and yes they're scum this game. I hope you're right.

Yeah there's 4? This is 17p so why wouldn't it be?
In post 847, Obi Someth Kenobi wrote:I'm expecting 4.

P-ed: oh, is it? I wasn't aware.
In post 848, Obi Someth Kenobi wrote:It's 15p. But Boon has been putting 4 scum in all his 15ps lately, so still 4.
Wait are we thinking 4:3 or 5:2?

I guess Arist and Obi thought it was 4 scum yesterday some time which would mean this is lylo not mylo. If so town's probably fucked I guess.

I guess I'm a little surprised the assumption was 4 rather than 3 in a mountainous? Although I guess this isn't technically mountainous.
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Shirobacca
Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

Yeah they added an extra e in "Irreleph" so my replace didn't work and I didn't see it on review
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Shirobacca
Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

If it's 4:3 then do we lose before venge occurs on a mislynch?
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Shirobacca
Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

In post 1127, Shirobacca wrote:If it's 4:3 then do we lose before venge occurs on a mislynch?
@mod?
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1128, Shirobacca wrote:
In post 1127, Shirobacca wrote:If it's 4:3 then do we lose before venge occurs on a mislynch?
@mod?
I will be counting the vengekill as happening simultaneously as the lynch. This has been the decision from pre-game. This means the game does not end if scum is vengekilled.

However, Night would still occur.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Nute Krazy »

So basically scum still win on a mislynch in a lylo situation despite the venge, as long as they don't miss the kill submission deadline. 4:3->3:2->2:2.
Whether it actually is lylo or not, we don't know. But might as well treat it as such.

If it's 5:2, a mislynch and misvenge loses, 5:2->3:2->2.2.
Mislynch but scum venge gives 5:2->4:1->3:1 mylo
5:2 with a NL gives 5:2->4:2 mislynch/misvenge loses, mislynch+scum venge 3:1->2:1 lylo

Actually, 2:1 with the stated rule means mislynch+scum venge => town win with 1 survivor. So it's more complicated than it seems.

What we still don't know is what triggers an inactive and what happens in that case.
My head officially hurts.
"Lord Sidious, he, promised us peace, we only want..." *gets killed by Darth Vader*
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by Arist2D2 »

Hmm, we don't know wtf is going on and have been wrong on all of our reads including padme whom we suspected was scum for pushing the Annie can kill on us.

Will read your stuff a bit later shrewbaca.
"*whistles* *whistles* *various beeps*"
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by Arist2D2 »

Beep
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

hi i'm bad

time to reread i guess
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

i think shirobacca and darth tytitus are town? haven't discussed this (or anything else since early d2 honestly :oops: ) with my partner, but shirobacca's been consistently gamesolving and i feel where they're coming from w/ the 'fb wagon is bad' thing; i never really understood it either. tytitus' attempt to flavour solve felt incredibly towny, honestly, and the way they called irrelph town d2 when they didn't need to and they were set up for a push there felt like town genuinely evaluating. i might be open to being convinced to this because i'm pretty sure padme was pushing them, but then padme was kinda the universal tr here (i don't think our slot ever vocalized our scumlean on them and on my end it was half associatives with flipped town anyway.)

this leaves me with 2 or 3 scum in {obi kenobi, ki jaodi, Deb, Nute}. my partner thought nute was scummy, i don't really see it but they're kind of better than me so :P

random setup theory: scum can only kill a player if they figure out their identity? unsure if this will be relevant but i had the thought and wanted to put it out there!
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

In post 508, Ki Adi Joandi wrote:i dont like how people talk but no act. VOTE: palpatine. torch this
In post 509, Nute Krazy wrote:And the game dies off again, nice.
VOTE: Palpatine

For the record, I'm still against rewarding bad behavior. Throwing a tantrum doesn't make someone town. I do think this is more likely to be scum though.
hmm I want to townread both of these, especially the first one, is this shallow? i think the sudden thrust onto palpatine is town-indicative because it's not all that intuitive to just shove the lynch on your buddy when nothing's really happening. also both of them feel townish independently??

obi and Deb have interesting interactions. Deb says that Obi is townish and obi townreads Deb in return just for finding Obi townish?

obi can i get your reads please?
Ki Adi Joandi
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Ki Adi Joandi »

I will get to this later tonight. I am just wondering why I wasn't notified the thread was open on my main.
"What about the Droid attack on the Wookiees?"
Ki Adi Joandi
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Ki Adi Joandi »

I think I will need to do a full reread of the game as I believe I had approached the game the wrong way. It was hard to do it the usual way when I didn't know who was whom so meta reads were totally out of the question. I never really tried to reread from the beginning to see if I can meta read someone now and/or make a connection between them and the flipped scum (that one's going to be hard I guess since it was a known lurker duo)

The only thing I still maintain is that DEB is very likely town BY META. I don't think it matters much to out who we are precisely at this point, but I would rather not unless it becomes inevitable to save the slot.
Shirobacca
Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

I mean if the scum outing mains is any more powerful than just turning off the venge kill, I'd say we're already pretty f'd. If you think DEB can be townblocked by meta... idk in mylo/lylo I'd just make the case, unless you're pretty confident today's lynch is just obi wan since it seems like everyone except nute has him in their poe?
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Nute Krazy
Nute Krazy
Goon
Nute Krazy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Nute Krazy »

I think what I posted on Kenobi may have been misinterpreted.
SRing Kenobi via lack of activity or terseness of posting would be invalidated if the ID is correct. The main had a reason to be absent, and being terse is NAI for that player.
SR's based on reasons unrelated to those two factors are things I'd be willing to look at.
It's also possible that the ID is just wrong.
"Lord Sidious, he, promised us peace, we only want..." *gets killed by Darth Vader*
Shirobacca
Shirobacca
Goon
Shirobacca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Shirobacca »

Unfortunately I have mediocre reasons to townread everyone and several people that I have good reasons to townread. And looking at VCA, Obi Wan just kinda looks like a conventional scum game based on positioning, although partly it looks that way because of so little activity/vote movement. Still, if we have three scum I'd be really surprised if Obi isn't one of them. If we have two, then the question is whether he can land a venge.
"HGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"
Ki Adi Joandi
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Ki Adi Joandi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Ki Adi Joandi »

I'd be lying if I said I was "pretty confident" Obi will be lynched today. I'd love to try to lynch them though.

If that doesn't go through though it maybe best if we lynched someone who scum reads them (but we agree that the lynchee has a higher chance of being scum themselves). I think that way we either lynch scum or have the lynchee venge Obi.

But that would be pushing our luck still in case we really have 3 scums left, in which case mislynching = instant loss.

So, I think our best course/chance is to lynch Obi still.

P.S. I won't out DEB unless there is a wagon on them. Also please note than IF we have 3 scums alive then one miss-vote could result in a quick hammer and the game is over, so I am getting cold feet doing anything.
Obi Someth Kenobi
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:13 am

Post by Obi Someth Kenobi »

Time for a reset. All 3 of those flips were useful for me.
With some recon work on the co-mod, I do think it's 3 now. Still leads to a loss today if we don't hit scum.
"It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground."
Obi Someth Kenobi
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:35 am

For the past two nights, kills have been away from the Palp wagon. It's only me and DEB left who were off. DEB is probably town as well.
Obi Someth Kenobi
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Obi Someth Kenobi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:41 am

Shiro might be scum.
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:47 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

You're saying all scum bussed palpatine and there are up to 3 scum in Nute, ki adi, shiro, Tytitus then?
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

Oh no....Tytitus might be scum actually.
Arist2D2
Arist2D2
Goon
Arist2D2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:50 am

Post by Arist2D2 »

Reconvene after I talk things out with my partner. Ready? Break!
Darth TyTitus
Darth TyTitus
Goon
Darth TyTitus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Darth TyTitus »

ah a perfect time for me to appear
"I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."
Darth TyTitus
Darth TyTitus
Goon
Darth TyTitus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Darth TyTitus »

I still think Ki Adi is town here based on the Palp vote

Nute less so but still for similar reasons

I wouldn't want to lynch either of them today, regardless

That means I have the same PoE as Shiro
"I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”