GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also if he's scum, then Mastina is 90% likely to be scum gambiting.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by GreyICE »

And because it's important:

It's not about the scumslipping! FUCK the scumslipping! NO ONE SHOULD GIVE A FUCK. INCLUDING CYRUS. Had he said "what the fuck are you smoking you crack-addled, leather-coat-wearing incoherent mother-diddler? My name is Slim Shady, eat my shorts." I'd have laughed it off.

It's about someone mentioning joke, and him clutching the lifeline like a dying man, even though he can't explain how it's a joke and it makes no sense, and his explanation getting increasingly more incoherent. Why the hell did he clutch the idea it was a joke? Why does scum ever lie? He "needed" to defend himself, because he knew that Almost and Fonz was right. It doesn't matter if Fonz's argument that he was scum made no fucking sense, Cyrus needed to defend himself from it because he knew it was true. He jumped at the first thing that he thought could possibly defend him.

And you know what? Fonz gets it 100%. He knows it was a thin fucking case. But the vote isn't good because of that, it's good because of the reaction:
In post 699, The Fonz wrote: He's still scum because there's no way that was a joke.

What's the town reaction to a case that makes no sense? There's quite a few. It can be "wow, you have to be scum because that argument must be fake." It can be "can you explain that better? I don't understand why it matters." It can be "christ, I'll be over here when you decide to return to the land of logic." And those don't prove you're town, good scum can fake those reactions. It doesn't matter. Cyrus didn't react like town, or like good scum. He reacted exactly like caught scum. It is a newbie thing to do. He is a newbie.

Fucking please ignore Mastina, pretty, pretty please. She just focused on Fonz. Fonz's case doesn't matter, it's not about that. Vote based on what Cyrus did in response.

Please town, we can make this happen. Sure, he might be the newbie, and the weakest member of the scumteam. Oh well. Dead scum is dead scum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 664, The Fonz wrote:Scum playing the pity card.
You said it yourself; you expect Cyrus to be a VI.
Tell me. Do you honestly think that a scum VI is smart enough to play the pity card?

I do not.

Put in a different light: which alignment do you think, when brand new to the game, is going to make an AtE-like self-vote? Do you think that it comes from newbscum or newbtown more often?

In my experience?

…Overwhelmingly. It comes from the newbtown. You know why? Because it is a naturally occurring thought process to newbtown. You can be alienated from said thought process, not understanding how it could exist, but it still DOES.

Usually, yes. Scum can, and do, learn to fake it with time and experience. If Cyrus were an experienced player, I'd think that the move was scum bullshitting AtE to dodge the lynch.

But Cyrus is NOT an experienced player. He is new. Given that newness, I fully believe, balance of probability, that he's town.

Newbscum CAN self-vote like this, not gonna pretend otherwise. So Cyrus isn't locktown.
But the move comes from newbtown FAR more often than newbscum.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

All of this is ignoring that it's not a joke, and never was a joke, in any universe at all.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 676, GreyICE wrote:Oh cool, Cyrus thinks his best defense is to be lynched.

Lets help him out, friends.
Yeah, that'll work well. :roll:
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mastina completely ignoring what I said to whinge at me gives me warm fuzzy feelings about her being Cyrus' scumbuddy if he flips scum.

Find this post when I've been shot night 1.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 691, Almost50 wrote:
In post 690, cyrus62 wrote:and fyi im dead either way . either by lynch or vig.
There you go again! Where this confidence there is a Vig in play comes from I have no idea!
It comes from being new.

If you haven't seen new players focusing on vigs. You, simply put. Don't play in enough games. It happens a shitload of times. Usually from town albeit not exclusively so.

The reason why it's usually from town is that scum usually keep said musings to the scum pt and have scumbuddies who can educate them, whereas newer town simply don't know any better.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 727, mastina wrote:Put in a different light: which alignment do you think, when brand new to the game, is going to make an AtE-like self-vote? Do you think that it comes from newbscum or newbtown more often?
Subject: Newbie 1668: Welcome to the Mafias (TOWN WIN)
Almost50 wrote:
UNVOTE: Snarky
VOTE: Almost

Happy now?

THIS was my FIRST GAME on MafiaScum. It was also the first time I rolled Scum, and overall it was my 3rd Forum Mafia game ever.

So you were saying?

P.S. Feel free to check that whole post. I didn't quote it because.. oh, what the hell?

Spoiler: here it is
Almost50 wrote:@Ümläüt: I'm fed up, and my head is aches everytime I try to figure things out, bc there's something clogging my view/line of thoughts and can't seem to figure it out.

I do believe SirCakez is town. Period. Anyone else is on the table from where I stand. I would rather Snarky still. I don't feel right about him, and I cannot explain why nobody else is counter claiming to end this.

That being said, I'll vote whomever you guys agree to lynch; aside from SC. You think I won't vote myself? You're wrong. If a majority agrees to voting me out, so be it. *Shrug* I did offer Snarky the chance to say he jailed me last night, but even that he didn't accept. Yet, he still doesn't feel right about me based on one thing or another.. or maybe nothing but a gut feeling/dislike of my playstyle (which isn't much of a style bc I have not adopted one just yet).

To conclude my posts -that I admit says nothing still- I'm offering you an alternative to what I had offered earlier. Take me first, and when I flip, please consider the 0.01% possibility that Snarky's been playing you all along. The Tracker (if GM's speculation about the setup is spot on) may have nobody cleared just yet and is not too sure which of the two claimed PRs to believe). If that's the case I'm telling them Snarky's the one claiming to be the tracker, so if you come out now it's between you and him.

Alas; maybe I'm delusional... and there's not much I can do about it now. So, if you want me.. you've got me:

Happy now?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 731, mastina wrote:If you haven't seen new players focusing on vigs. You, simply put. Don't play in enough games. It happens a shitload of times. Usually from town albeit not exclusively so.
Does it also happen a shitload of times that they explicitly say "I think X is the Vig"?? Do they put that in their final read list before they get lynched??? COME ON!

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 699, The Fonz wrote:
In post 698, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 697, The Fonz wrote:Is the joke that the mod WoTMed another player who had never played a non-newbie, but allowed Cyrus in?
Yes.

Regretfully it doesn’t make Cyrus scum
Nope, his role PM does that.

I'm not unaware that Cyrus has done most of the things that make newbies in general Lynchbait - the poor English that makes him seem unintelligent and which is kinda painful to read, the inconsistency, the self pitying self vote, the vague "you are gonna regret this" threats.

He's still scum because there's no way that was a joke.
And I'll take you up on that bet. As a third party who actually knows what a nontown role pm looks like, though. I feel like I have an unfair advantage.

Since I know what a nontown role pm looks like, I have a really good idea what the scum role pm looks like, and given what I know which you don't?

I'm feeling pretty good about my odds. :cool:
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Almost, almost, I like you buddy, but here's some advice. Don't argue with scum. Shade them, laugh at them, discredit them, and above all else lynch them, but whatever you do, don't argue with them.

Save arguments for townies, like Gamma.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 731, mastina wrote:The reason why it's usually from town is that scum usually keep said musings to the scum pt and have scumbuddies who can educate them, whereas newer town simply don't know any better.
News Flash: There has been a theory floating around for the last decade or so that scums are 3 TRAITORS so they share no PT to begin with.

So, in another galaxy.. far far away.. one of those Traitors saw fit to claim 3P. Scum were probably informed their leader was unlynchable on D1, so they both signaled by mentioning they "only remembered their name". How am I doing? :P

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 721, Almost50 wrote:
In post 720, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE:
You've convinced me, mastina
Mastina defends cyrus, so you unvote him?? She also defended Scum!Yume if you remember. Someone (Grey?) was even joking this game about how he would vote her top TR. And Mastina herself acknowledges her town game to be much much weaker than her scum game.

Bottom line: Judge for yourself. If you think him saying this 3 times has anything to do with his English.. sure. If it still falls short of explaining why he said that thrice, and why he is hunting for the Vig (and assuming I am the Vig why he would out me like that) then put your vote back on him.

In short, forget my initial case on cyrus. Ask yourself this: WHAT TOWN PLAYER says "X is the Vig" when asked to give his final reads before he gets lynched. Show me ONE bloody sane townie who had done this before.
Given sufficient time, I could track down, no joke, no exaggeration, two dozen examples of newbtown doing precisely that. Making an in thread call out of who they think is the Vig, on D1, before the existence of one is even established.

It is a thing which happens.

Frankly the fact that you haven't seen it is shocking since it is a ridiculously common occurrence.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 735, GreyICE wrote:Almost, almost, I like you buddy, but here's some advice. Don't argue with scum. Shade them, laugh at them, discredit them, and above all else lynch them, but whatever you do, don't argue with them.

Save arguments for townies, like Gamma.
I wasn't sure Mastina was scum tbh. She does things like that as Town too, so I has to engage her more to extract her "reasoning" to see if it made sense to come from Town!her

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 728, GreyICE wrote:All of this is ignoring that it's not a joke, and never was a joke, in any universe at all.
Wanna bet?
I feel like taking a bet here.
Wagering between my experience with newbtown and knowledge of the nontown role pm formatting.

I LIKE my odds.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mastina: Go ahead. Show me. Not gonna ask for 2 dozens, nor even 1 dozen, Give me 6 examples.

And while at it, show me 3 examples of newb!town self-voting. Amuse me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I got a suggestion: We lynch Mastina today. If she flips Scum we lynch her buddies. If she flips 3P we know what she's talking about and we reevaluate. ;)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 732, Almost50 wrote:
In post 727, mastina wrote:Put in a different light: which alignment do you think, when brand new to the game, is going to make an AtE-like self-vote? Do you think that it comes from newbscum or newbtown more often?
Almost50 wrote:

Happy now?

THIS was my FIRST GAME on MafiaScum. It was also the first time I rolled Scum, and overall it was my 3rd Forum Mafia game ever.

So you were saying?

P.S. Feel free to check that whole post. I didn't quote it because.. oh, what the hell?

Spoiler: here it is
Almost50 wrote:@Ümläüt: I'm fed up, and my head is aches everytime I try to figure things out, bc there's something clogging my view/line of thoughts and can't seem to figure it out.

I do believe SirCakez is town. Period. Anyone else is on the table from where I stand. I would rather Snarky still. I don't feel right about him, and I cannot explain why nobody else is counter claiming to end this.

That being said, I'll vote whomever you guys agree to lynch; aside from SC. You think I won't vote myself? You're wrong. If a majority agrees to voting me out, so be it. *Shrug* I did offer Snarky the chance to say he jailed me last night, but even that he didn't accept. Yet, he still doesn't feel right about me based on one thing or another.. or maybe nothing but a gut feeling/dislike of my playstyle (which isn't much of a style bc I have not adopted one just yet).

To conclude my posts -that I admit says nothing still- I'm offering you an alternative to what I had offered earlier. Take me first, and when I flip, please consider the 0.01% possibility that Snarky's been playing you all along. The Tracker (if GM's speculation about the setup is spot on) may have nobody cleared just yet and is not too sure which of the two claimed PRs to believe). If that's the case I'm telling them Snarky's the one claiming to be the tracker, so if you come out now it's between you and him.

Alas; maybe I'm delusional... and there's not much I can do about it now. So, if you want me.. you've got me:

Happy now?
I don't need to correct anything that I said. Tell me: did I say that it never came from scum?
…No?
Okay then.
I didn't say it couldn't come from scum.
We've established that.
What DID I say, then?

Maybe fucking reading my post would tell you as much, because if you thought that I said it never comes from newbscum you clearly didn't ACTUALLY read it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 736, Almost50 wrote:
In post 731, mastina wrote:The reason why it's usually from town is that scum usually keep said musings to the scum pt and have scumbuddies who can educate them, whereas newer town simply don't know any better.
News Flash: There has been a theory floating around for the last decade or so that scums are 3 TRAITORS so they share no PT to begin with.

So, in another galaxy.. far far away.. one of those Traitors saw fit to claim 3P. Scum were probably informed their leader was unlynchable on D1, so they both signaled by mentioning they "only remembered their name". How am I doing? :P
Oh pretty terrible, given that I come from a semiinformed perspective and you do not.

Off of what I know. I have a secret, a bombshell. Which I could drop at any time. I'm just wondering what the best time for the reveal is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 741, Almost50 wrote:I got a suggestion: We lynch Mastina today. If she flips Scum we lynch her buddies. If she flips 3P we know what she's talking about and we reevaluate. ;)
Sure, it'd stop you from mislynching Cyrus!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 739, mastina wrote:
In post 728, GreyICE wrote:All of this is ignoring that it's not a joke, and never was a joke, in any universe at all.
Wanna bet?
I feel like taking a bet here.
Wagering between my experience with newbtown and knowledge of the nontown role pm formatting.

I LIKE my odds.
Last time we bet like this you had to change your name to Mastin2.

No.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

"If I'm wrong about Pine I'll delete my account" you said.

Well guess what, first I don't even town read you this game, and second I don't want you to delete your account again to make Mastina2. I'll settle for having dead scum.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 737, mastina wrote:Making an in thread call out of who they think is the Vig, on D1, before the existence of one is even established.
So like town does this, but what Cyrus is doing looks like signaling to buddies. As for my decision to listen to mastina, I think I'm letting myself be swayed by how good an argument looks over whether it's actually good or not.
VOTE: Cyrus
I'm gonna stick to this.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 715, Almost50 wrote:@cyrus: Let me tidy up that read list of yours and tell me if I got it right..

gamma (ic)
almost (vig)
mastin (maybe vig)
karnage (town)
grey (town)
luv (town)
fonz (town)

roster (maybe scum)
menalque (maybe scum)
drew (scum)

Does this look like your read list?
yes