Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 474, Menalque wrote:
bargain: neighbourizer

Pine, if this hasn’t happened yet (as technically chicka hasn’t met their side of the bargain) can I get in on it instead?
why do you want it?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 447, popsofctown wrote:
In post 446, Chickadee wrote:
In post 441, popsofctown wrote:Chickadee take the fruit
Why?
It minimizes Pine's agency.

Pine is the bad guy.

That's confirmed to you in the thread.

This works even in your straightforward "being town and getting something good is enough for me" worldview

take away choices from the bad man
Yes

Please minimize my agency, limit me to only the bespoke choice I crafted specifically to offer you...
In post 454, popsofctown wrote:Can I like actually win a scumgame before I get upgraded to paranoia scum tier

Guns and Roses 2 was a 1 mislynch game, it can't count.
Trust me, playing in the paranoia scum tier is REALLY annoying...to the point where you have to set up highly-specialized games like this to have a decent scum game.
In post 460, Alisae wrote:
In post 454, popsofctown wrote:Can I like actually win a scumgame before I get upgraded to paranoia scum tier

Guns and Roses 2 was a 1 mislynch game, it can't count.
ur upgraded to paranoia tier because regardless you seem to play really well
ur still great to play with
Which is why Ali and I were tripping over one another to invite you, and why you were drafted in the first two rounds this game.
In post 461, Ankamius wrote:anyways I'm going to leave the thread for a while again to avoid hyperposting unless I'm specifically needed for anything

I have a reads list but I'm avoiding posting it until I see something that I'm waiting for

and to have more reads since I don't have reads on half the playerilst atm
Right now, Firebringer is the only really problematic hyperposter. Ali and I are posting a lot, but not to the point where we feel the need to comment on everything.
In post 467, Chickadee wrote:
In post 447, popsofctown wrote:
In post 446, Chickadee wrote:
In post 441, popsofctown wrote:Chickadee take the fruit
Why?
It minimizes Pine's agency.

Pine is the bad guy.

That's confirmed to you in the thread.

This works even in your straightforward "being town and getting something good is enough for me" worldview

take away choices from the bad man
VOTE: Firebring

Ok Pine, deal.
And so our bargain is sealed.
In post 474, Menalque wrote:
bargain: neighbourizer

Pine, if this hasn’t happened yet (as technically chicka hasn’t met their side of the bargain) can I get in on it instead?
Too late, friend. I kind of want scum to get the second fruit, but am willing to bargain. We'll talk in our PT.

I'll probably announce the second fruit in a day or three.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

Because I don’t like chickadee asking for fruit immediately (I think twice because iirc it was her entrance too?), I don’t like how good the bargain pine’s giving her is, neighbouriser is like my favourite power theoretically and yet I never fucking get it

Also, VOTE: xof

Not totally sure I agree with LLD about the not engaging with pine thing but I thought the logic made sense from town because I’d been wondering about the same thing myself
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 477, Menalque wrote:Because I don’t like chickadee asking for fruit immediately (I think twice because iirc it was her entrance too?), I don’t like how good the bargain pine’s giving her is, neighbouriser is like my favourite power theoretically and yet I never fucking get it

Also, VOTE: xof

Not totally sure I agree with LLD about the not engaging with pine thing but I thought the logic made sense from town because I’d been wondering about the same thing myself
NO
STOP
GTKAS
| here.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Ankamius »

that might be the single most disgusting couple of posts I've seen in a while
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

idunno how obvious I need to make it to establish that voting xolelf is not cool
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 479, Ankamius wrote:that might be the single most disgusting couple of posts I've seen in a while
Are you referring to me?
In post 480, Alisae wrote:idunno how obvious I need to make it to establish that voting xolelf is not cool
Do you actually think that xof is town or you’re just looking forward to playing with them?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 481, Menalque wrote:
In post 479, Ankamius wrote:that might be the single most disgusting couple of posts I've seen in a while
Are you referring to me?
In post 480, Alisae wrote:idunno how obvious I need to make it to establish that voting xolelf is not cool
Do you actually think that xof is town or you’re just looking forward to playing with them?
Xof
is
town
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: chickadee
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Post by chennisden »

VOTE: menalque, he's so fucking opportunistic
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 481, Menalque wrote:
Are you referring to me?
yes.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler: Firebringer townslip
In post 85, Firebringer wrote:I edited these to post in here:

The fruit are- 7 of them

Watermelon - This fruit makes the user bulletproof for a night but also makes it so they take one less vote to lynch (they aren't informed of this)
Red Apple - This fruit allows a player to use a one shot tracker at night. The downside is that scum will know who you visited. (aren't informed of this)
Banana - This fruit gives user double voting power when eaten. It also tells scum what role they are when eaten. (arent informed of this)
Grapes - This fruit is the informed mechanic. It basically informs the player to what roles aren't present in the game. Pine doesn't want this released to give them freedom in fake claiming
Black Apple - This fruit allows a player to give it to another and kill that player. Pine will probably use this for someone he knows will misfire.
Lime - Tastes bad. Fruit gives you ability to multitask.
This post is a townslip for Firebringer.

Both town Firebringer and scum Firebringer would create this list in an effort to look scummy. That is the way Firebringer plays mafia or something. I don't know.

But only townFirebringer would produce this list, because scumFirebringer would have consulted the scum PT. Would he have faked them or listed them totally inaccurately? I don't know. There is really no telling. His thought processes are literally made of magma.
But whether the list was genuine or fake, they'd be produced conscious of what was in the scum PT. He'd either make all of their flavor correct, or make none of the flavor correct. That's not my assumption based on me expecting scum!Firebringer to go through dramatic machinations to fool us, just what I think would be more cognitively convenient.

But this list is partially aligned with the likely images in the scum PT rather than fully disjoint or fully aligned. Yoshi's Story images would have been the easiest to obtain (we have one already), and it includes a Red Apple, Banana, Watermelon, and Grapes. I checked more carefully for Black Apple, but there's no Black Apples or Limes out there in any of the source games.

Particularly clinching is that Firebringer used the terms "Banana" and "Grapes". The sprite for bananas in Yoshi's Story depicts a bunch of three bananas, rather than just one. And "Grapes" shows he was not just blindly singularizing all of the items. He would have been more likely to say "Bananas"

At the end of the list, he has run out of creativity and used "apple" again, choosing a recolor. It's doubtful Jingle had to resort to any recolors, which would only be applicable for some of the berries in Paper Mario, so recolored fruit wouldn't be on his mind after looking in the PT. It's also doubtful that -even if- Firebringer decided "I'm going to make a list of seven fruits but I'll make some up and some will be real", that he would run out of ideas and need to resort to a recolor. He would have a five fruit head start because at least five of these were really visible in the PT. It is much more difficult if I give you seven minutes to name seven Presidents than it is if I give you seven minutes to name seven Presidents other than Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Thomas Jefferson, and Rutherford B. Hayes.

This is probably my strongest townread in the game right now, I have a couple others. Firebringer has also been behaving protown in a couple other ways.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 486, popsofctown wrote:

The fruit are- 7 of them

Watermelon - This fruit makes the user bulletproof for a night but also makes it so they take one less vote to lynch (they aren't informed of this)
Red Apple - This fruit allows a player to use a one shot tracker at night. The downside is that scum will know who you visited. (aren't informed of this)
Banana - This fruit gives user double voting power when eaten. It also tells scum what role they are when eaten. (arent informed of this)
Grapes - This fruit is the informed mechanic. It basically informs the player to what roles aren't present in the game. Pine doesn't want this released to give them freedom in fake claiming
Black Apple - This fruit allows a player to give it to another and kill that player. Pine will probably use this for someone he knows will misfire.

Both town Firebringer and scum Firebringer would create this list in an effort to look scummy. That is the way Firebringer plays mafia or something. I don't know.

But only townFirebringer would produce this list, because scumFirebringer would have consulted the scum PT. Would he have faked them or listed them totally inaccurately? I don't know. There is really no telling. His thought processes are literally made of magma.
But whether the list was genuine or fake, they'd be produced conscious of what was in the scum PT. He'd either make all of their flavor correct, or make none of the flavor correct. That's not my assumption based on me expecting scum!Firebringer to go through dramatic machinations to fool us, just what I think would be more cognitively convenient.

But this list is partially aligned with the likely images in the scum PT rather than fully disjoint or fully aligned. Yoshi's Story images would have been the easiest to obtain (we have one already), and it includes a Red Apple, Banana, Watermelon, and Grapes. I checked more carefully for Black Apple, but there's no Black Apples or Limes out there in any of the source games.

Particularly clinching is that Firebringer used the terms "Banana" and "Grapes". The sprite for bananas in Yoshi's Story depicts a bunch of three bananas, rather than just one. And "Grapes" shows he was not just blindly singularizing all of the items. He would have been more likely to say "Bananas"

At the end of the list, he has run out of creativity and used "apple" again, choosing a recolor. It's doubtful Jingle had to resort to any recolors, which would only be applicable for some of the berries in Paper Mario, so recolored fruit wouldn't be on his mind after looking in the PT. It's also doubtful that -even if- Firebringer decided "I'm going to make a list of seven fruits but I'll make some up and some will be real", that he would run out of ideas and need to resort to a recolor. He would have a five fruit head start because at least five of these were really visible in the PT. It is much more difficult if I give you seven minutes to name seven Presidents than it is if I give you seven minutes to name seven Presidents other than Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Thomas Jefferson, and Rutherford B. Hayes.

This is probably my strongest townread in the game right now, I have a couple others. Firebringer has also been behaving protown in a couple other ways.
I disagree with this
GTKAS
| here.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 487, Alisae wrote:

The fruit are- 7 of them

I disagree with this
Me too
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 488, Pine wrote:
In post 487, Alisae wrote:

The fruit are- 7 of them

I disagree with this
Me too
I'm glad we can agree on something!
GTKAS
| here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Am I obvtown enough to start building our mighty townbloc?

The whole scumteam is not posting while you guys scumread each other's asses, noobs.

Only exception is Gamma.
In post 237, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 4, Jingle wrote:

Alisae, fearing the worst, (...)

[/color]
Well, that was easy.

VOTE: the worst
In post 249, Gamma Emerald wrote: Pink Ball gut town
CHENNISDEN WHY AREN'T YOU PUSHING ME DADDY
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 218, chennisden wrote:Pine its nothing personal but im putting flipped scum on ignore
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 490, Pink Ball wrote:The whole scumteam is not posting while you guys scumread each other's asses, noobs.
disagree
GTKAS
| here.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 490, Pink Ball wrote:Am I obvtown enough to start building our mighty townbloc?

The whole scumteam is not posting while you guys scumread each other's asses, noobs.

Only exception is Gamma.
In post 237, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 4, Jingle wrote:

Alisae, fearing the worst, (...)

[/color]
Well, that was easy.

VOTE: the worst
In post 249, Gamma Emerald wrote: Pink Ball gut town
Sorry, I'm not into that
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 492, Alisae wrote:
In post 490, Pink Ball wrote:The whole scumteam is not posting while you guys scumread each other's asses, noobs.
disagree
Because of Fire daddy?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 493, chennisden wrote:
Sorry, I'm not into that[/quote]
Are you playing hard to get?

'Cause it's working.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'd be shocked if the scumteam was mostly in the least active players
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Whoops fucked up that quote and now it looks like you're going on through a phase
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 494, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 492, Alisae wrote:
disagree
Because of Fire daddy?
fire za waursto jjh and maybe pops
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 271, Pine wrote:According to my dossier, you are solitary, highly skilled, enigmatic, and opaque to read. You're a bulldog, tenacious, and you have the audacity to pull off (frankly) epic gambits.
Seems like an oversell...
Also, not really gonna read the rest of this yet
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”