Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Pine »

In post 947, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 945, Pink Ball wrote:not a doctor, shh
Fremulon!
Ari I miss you. At least I have PB now...
In post 957, Formerfish wrote:Hey im a survivor now! Is that what I get for going over 10k in posts? Who do i have to double dutch rudder to get a fucking nickname up in this piece?

pedit- no one should ever use a marathon game as a reason to ever read anyone ever. not even in other marathon games.
Survivor? That’s a third party role and this is confirmed singleball. Lynch this immediately!
In post 997, Ankamius wrote:I'm going to leave the thread for a while again

I'll probably go more into other reads when I come back and go analysis mode again now that >20 pages has popped up since the last time but no guarantees

sorry for quadra, my brain doesn't really work in a way that makes condensing all these posts into one very feasible all the time
I find it rich that Ank is cranky about game length when she has the most posts after Ali and Fire
In post 1020, Alisae wrote:Pst
Hey
Want my opinion?
Yes! Your opinions thus far have been great! I’m going to nominate you for scum MVP postgame
In post 1033, Alisae wrote:Pine didn’t even give Mena a response
You’d think that if Mena was scum, he would atleast get a response from Pine.
You would think that, wouldn’t you?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm not cranky about length, Pine

It's me being transparent
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Chickadee »

Alisae

Dannflor
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
xofelf

ankamius
popsofctown
Pink Ball
the worst
chennisden

Gamma Emerald
MariaR
PenguinPower
Jjh927
mastina

UntrodTripod
Aristophanes
DrippingGoofball
Krazy
GreyICE
Menalque

Skygazer
Formerfish
Iconeum
Katsuki

Pine

I started this list last night, and honestly can't remember why I have those 4 in the bottom tier. I'll try to remember to look back on those spots specifically later.

For now, more sleep.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Miss you too Pine! <3

Also omg that GIF! XD

Ank you're doing great, don't let Pine get in your head ;)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Sleep well chicka!

I'll try not to be too hurt at your nullscum read of me
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1052, Menalque wrote: Ank, on the other hand, has just doubled down and isn't displaying any of the uncertainty I would expect from town, especially someone who apparently got to a SR on me based on my entire play of 3 posts at the time that happened.
I think Ank kind of jumps directly from one certainty to another, and then doesn't diminish any of her certainties unless the facts have gotten bad enough she feels it's time to discard it for an entirely different certainty. Or something like that. I don't know. Ank is kind of special sometimes.

I don't really like Menalque's reasons for scumreading Ank.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.8
mastina had a humble beginning for a Dame, growing alongside the forest itself. It is even rumored that she knew the fiend Pine long before he became the beast he is now. Some might say this makes her suspect, complicit in his atrocities even. Nay! One can not be judged by the actions of their friends, but by their own deeds. And it is known that mastina's forebears, the great mastin and the slightly less renowned mastin2 took up the sword and quested valiantly in defense of the kingdom. Is it any wonder, coming from such stock that despite her humble origins, mastina has worked her way up until she too joined the Secret Order of the Skittles? Is it any wonder that she took up the post as Master of Titles in the Muskstick Fellows? Is it any wonder that she leapt at the chance to put to the torch this evil monstrosity that grew midst the rotting corpse of her old friend? I think not.

With 25 alive, it is 13 to Lynch or No Lynch!

the worst (4): , , , ,
Aristophanes (3): , , ,
Firebringer (2): , ,
Menalque (2): , ,
mastina (2): , ,
ankamius (2): , ,
Jjh927 (2): , ,
UntrodTripod (1): ,
xofelf (1): ,
chennisden (1): ,
Iconeum (1): ,
PenguinPower (1): ,
Chickadee (0):
Krazy (0):
MariaR (0):
Gamma Emerald (0):
DrippingGoofball (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):
popsofctown (0):
GreyICE (0):
Skygazer (0):
Formerfish (0):
Pink Ball (0):
Dannflor (0):
Katsuki (0):

Alisae is endorsing:

Not Voting (3): xofelf, UntrodTripod, ,

Deadline: Day 1 will end in 10 days, on June 17th. This is in (expired on 2019-09-17 15:00:00).

Ducky is V/LA.
Spyconeum is V/LA on Saturdays and Sundays.
Fruit Available: Neighborizor (Requested by Chickadee and Menalque)
If you have mod questions feel free to bold them in the thread with @Jingle or send them to me by PM.
Last edited by Jingle on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1081, popsofctown wrote:I think Ank kind of jumps directly from one certainty to another, and then doesn't diminish any of her certainties unless the facts have gotten bad enough she feels it's time to discard it for an entirely different certainty. Or something like that. I don't know. Ank is kind of special sometimes.
My playstyle is basically the scientific method; start with the conclusion and test it until I either disprove it or reach a point where I won't be able to anymore and need to confirm it completely via flips to continue

The goal isn't to lynch scum every day but to give myself enough information to properly narrow down who CAN be scum to put town in an unloseable situation

This is exactly how I played starry night
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Isn't that kind of what I said?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

Well, but less
"Well, I..."
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

But I'm not certain about anything

You know I'm certain when I'm hard pushing
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In that case maybe Menalque has a point.

At a minimum it seems like you care about him too much.
"Well, I..."
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Formerfish »

Pine did respond, saying that Mena was too late.

I think we need to delve into the fruit a little more, especially if Chick ends up successful in her task. Chick, who are you going to neighborize with your shot?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1088, Formerfish wrote:
Pine did respond, saying that Mena was too late.

I think we need to delve into the fruit a little more, especially if Chick ends up successful in her task. Chick, who are you going to neighborize with your shot?
I've been thinking about that, and I'm open to talking about it with anyone that wants to, but I won't make any decisions until later in the day. A lot could happen between now and then.

If I had to choose right now, certainly someone in the top two tiers of my list.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1038, Iconeum wrote:
In post 1036, the worst wrote:his kind of tunnel is firmly within your scumrange
did you see that i was pushing chennis as well?
Something about this post pings me. Like he gets accused of tunneling and that it would be in his scum range, and Icons response is that he has also been pushing Chenny. I looked back and saw that Icon has talked about Chen a bit, but there is nothing worth breaking into a hot dog eating contest to report.

And the idea that Icon caught Gamma in a slip because he sat with Marias post for a bit and ended up not liking it, is ridiculous on its face. Are you telling me that you never read a post and felt it was ok, and then had it niggling away at your brain saying something felt off or something wasnt quite right, and then when you looked at things again it made more sense with other stuff being taken into account?

In post 1044, Ankamius wrote:Someone check me on the worst

I'm starting to townread him and I want to be sure I'm not being charmed like I usually am when he's scum
Be weary. The fact that he hasnt said a fucking word to me yet is as much of a scum claim as anyone has made so far. Ducky, you cant dodge me. I can smell your fear.
In post 1046, Menalque wrote:1.now, go ahead and read me. I'm saying that Ank saying she was SRing me at the time she first voted me for my entire play when I'd done nothing that would be a good reason to see me as anything other than null is weird

2. I'm not saying you shouldn't push me, I'm saying you should be aware of that as we go and that I think it makes scum inclined towards pushing me

3. who says I'm not sorting people? this is being very productive in terms of sorting you and ank so far. when it dries up then I'll start sorting elsewhere
1. I've always disliked when people try to discredit other peoples reads by saying that what they are based on shouldnt exist. You are playing in a way that is coming off scummy. If you are then you are being obvious scum and if you arent then you are being bad town and you should stop it.

2. Just because you say scum are more inclined to push you doesnt make that gospel. If you were town you would be saying not to push you.

3. What are your current reads?
In post 1048, Menalque wrote:you're townier than you were before and ank is scummier
I feel the opposite. Can you explain why you feel this way a bit instead of just making a naked statement about reads without any of your thought process evident.

Pedit- Chick- are you willing to work with the town and make a choice, or are we going to offer our opinions and you are going to do whatever you want to do? And whos in your top two tiers right now?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1090, Formerfish wrote:Be weary. The fact that he hasnt said a fucking word to me yet is as much of a scum claim as anyone has made so far. Ducky, you cant dodge me. I can smell your fear.
Do you have a specific history with him that would speak to this being a "scum claim" or is that just a general dislike of people who seem to avoid engaging with you
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

Don't rolefish. Rolestopping a 1-shot neighborizer isn't particularly exciting but it's generally going to be the case that telegraphing the targeting of an action gives scum somewhere between zero and minimal benefit and gives us no benefit aside from the "benefit" of topic shifting away from my beautiful 25% better than rand vanity wagon.

There's bizarre marginal ways to attempt to generate a role interaction that gives neighborizer more utility, but Chickadee's playstyle seems like the type that would get pretty high value out of a neighborhood so I expect she's going to use it for its jam session crash space effect and be correct for doing so.

pedit: you're not fucking leashing a 1-shot neighborizer what planet are you living on FF?
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1067, Aristophanes wrote:Any recommendations of who to start with? If not it'll be the people I didn't list as having a read on in some way yesterday.
jjh

especially since you're saying you should be able to have a read on him by now
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1067, Aristophanes wrote:Ive read the last few pages and didn't glean as much as I'd have hoped. I think Imma Iso dive as it's my preferred method and see how many ppl I can cover.

Any recommendations of who to start with? If not it'll be the people I didn't list as having a read on in some way yesterday.
I usually go from smallest iso to biggest, that way if i find all the scum before i have to read the long ones i save my eyes from the effort wasted.
In post 1070, the worst wrote:Actually a bit nervous about LLD. I kinda get she's doing LLD things and the xofcase gets the game firing in a way that I am never surprised to see LLD do but it's also kind of just.... noise.... like I am aware she doesn't expect anyone ever to take that case seriously and I'm not sure it's actually productive/does anything to solve the game

very much consistent with LLD scum m.o. but I think I can also see it come from LLD who saw something and wanted to kick up some noise about it to get a conversation going. but it was way too soon and not conducive to a valuable conversation so did she do it just to look like she's solving the game?

food for thought. I'm scared of LLD so I'll observe cautiously.
This post seems like its a good one, worst is giving a hot take on a read no one else has made yet. It rings hollow though because worsty kinda throws it all away when he says that this could be town LLD as well. This feels like an attempt to smear LLD and insight paranoia in others that may not have been there without your comments. I guess my question is, what was the point of this entire post? To let us know you were going to keep an eye on her because she is a good player? We are all here because we are good players in one respect or another. Why make this post about LLD and no one else?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1011, Iconeum wrote:Nice stuff, but got anything usefull to add there, Pinky?
How about love?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1013, Menalque wrote:I have lots of love for you PB

Shall we get team love and wholesomeness back together for a second round of scumbusting?
In post 1058, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1010, Pink Ball wrote:How about love?
PB I love you
Omg

I feel so pretty right now
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 775, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Let's fucking go, scum caught. Seriously, that reaction is utter garbage.
Agreed.

VOTE: LLD
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1097, GreyICE wrote:
In post 775, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Let's fucking go, scum caught. Seriously, that reaction is utter garbage.
Agreed.

VOTE: LLD
This is a good vote, more people should do this.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey GreyICE!!

What makes you say this? Like, I trust your LLD reads, but I like to know the reasoming behind :)
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”