Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:54 am

Post by NC 39 »

Anyone want to take bets that if I was insane enough to vote Espresso, RC would probably locktown me for it?
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 725, NC 39 wrote:Anyone want to take bets that if I was insane enough to vote Espresso, RC would probably locktown me for it?
It’s too late to play wagonomics, I guess.

I haven’t liked Hectic this game because I think his play is typical of newb!scum, but newbscum that has a lot of town experience and a long time to read up on playing scum and look at mafia theory — which if he’s scum is exactly what’s happening.

But I agree, we probably shouldn’t lynch outside the coalition.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 726, Spangled wrote:
In post 725, NC 39 wrote:Anyone want to take bets that if I was insane enough to vote Espresso, RC would probably locktown me for it?
I haven’t liked Hectic this game because I think his play is typical of newb!scum, but newbscum that has a lot of town experience and a long time to read up on playing scum and look at mafia theory — which if he’s scum is exactly what’s happening.
To clarify a bit, I think some of the weird awkwardness in his posts is newb-scummy.
I’m definitely going to re-evaluate this (and other) reads though; I will reread today this afternoon.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:13 am

Post by NC 39 »

But he wasn’t in the coalition and we know it failed, so even if he’s scum, his buddy still would have to be in the coalition.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

RC comes in to call us all bad for failing the coalition despite being mia for the past few days. NIIIICE!

If it weren't for nsg mainly piloting the hydra, I'd probably be voting RCMA right now.
RC most awesomest
RC most awesomest
Goon
RC most awesomest
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by RC most awesomest »

maybe I should be voting EP
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 730, RC most awesomest wrote:maybe I should be voting EP
I assumed you'd come around to it eventually.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Spangled »

@NC 39
Any reason you’re not voting?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 198, Hectic wrote:sorry, i wasn't being snarky, i was just kidding around with nonsense

anyway, I really that analysis on Spangled there, and you bring up some real good points. i did get the feeling earlier with that pop in you outlined, especially his response to the UTR thing given someone had already answered that for me, but i thought it too nitpicky to bring up earlier

putting this here to remind myself to go looking through some past Spangled games to see how often he asks that "Got any reads?" question as either alignment

that's all from me tonight, so for now:
HURT: Spangled
HEAL: RCMA
Crap -
Maybe Hectic is town. Damn it.
I don’t like his tone occasionally, but his reads (especially early reads) feel good, and I feel like he had reads before other people, if you know what I mean — that rather than sheeping townreads, he townread people who became UTRs first (like me and EP)...? I mean he did change his read around me but that still stands.
I still have plenty of misgivings (his tone especially, and his Alch case which is pretty bad), but I’m willing to take him off the table today.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by Spangled »

Whoops must have misclicked there.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 707, RC most awesomest wrote:that coalition contained two slots i hard vetoed being in the coalition, btw.
...Your partner disagreed.
I... can you and nsg have a long conversation about your reads somewhere?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Spangled »

I still think Clemency’s entrance was way too WIFOMy for scum to make; it’s a thing that would be very hard to brush off if you start doing it, and it makes people look at your meta harder, more analytically, just by posting it. I could
maybe
compromise lynch this but I would need some better reasons than people have provided so far.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 am

Post by Spangled »

NC 39 was the first person/people/entity in the game to point out nsg’s scum-meta... It could be scum looking for townpoints but I don’t feel that...
More generally I really feel like they’re trying to gamesolve/sort; I can find some posts but there are 12 hours or something and I need to find some scumreads so I’m just taking them off the table for now.

@NC 39/Nancy(?)
Do you still believe what you said in the post below?
In post 671, NC 39 wrote:
In post 666, EspressoPatronum wrote:Assuming we pass a coalition and it fails, nobody should be voting to lynch outside of the 5 coalition members.
Why not? IF coalition fails - unless you think there’s two scum in it - unlikely. So, for today and today only, IF we lynch, it makes the most sense to lynch amongst the two scummiest players NOT in coalition. It was definitely GREAT for me, until Hectic decided to sub himself for Gamma pretty much immediately after voting the coalition.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 523, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Spamgled
I won't have time to address your questions point by point until later tonight. Will get to it then.

Some quick notes:
- the formality of some of my posts is perhaps due to my area of study + work. Some of those posts you linked look like the way I structure some emails.
- the paranoia is normal. Almost every player in nsg's game was convinced the coalition would fail + were thus paranoid. (*remind me later to find the scum pairings post by Almost50 -- we may be able to use his logic here).
Honestly conflicted feelings on EP.
He did some stuff early game, but lately there’s been a lot less activity etc.
He does a lot of info-gathering early game... AI? Mystery — yes, (after-game-)coincidence — maybe, hotel? Trivago.
I also think he had first tr on Hectic? I like his progression on Hectic early-ish game but there hasn’t been much since...?
I don’t really want him lynched today, but the feeling is a lot less strong than on NC, actually, weirdly enough.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 am

Post by Spangled »

I think RCMA is off the table, definitely for today at least, for meta + other stuff. The way everyone’s kind of assumed they’re town also makes me feel they’re town...?
But I feel like scum will keep them alive because of how much discord they’re introducing into the town (fmpov), especially regarding me.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:22 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 732, Spangled wrote:
@NC 39
I could ask you the exact same question. You haven’t voted either. Only RC and Alchemist have. We have 6+ days and I’d rather not mislynch.
In post 732, Spangled wrote: Any reason
you’re
not voting?
I’m trying to determine why the coalition failed and my weakest reads inside the coalition - where we ought to be focusing our energies today, don’t you agree? - are LUV/Gamma.

I liked Gamma’s posting just prior to the coalition hammer, so rn I lean LUV but I don’t even think he’s posted yet. GREAT hasn’t either, so that makes this harder.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 737, Spangled wrote:NC 39 was the first person/people/entity in the game to point out nsg’s scum-meta... It could be scum looking for townpoints but I don’t feel that...
More generally I really feel like they’re trying to gamesolve/sort; I can find some posts but there are 12 hours or something and I need to find some scumreads so I’m just taking them off the table for now.

@NC 39/Nancy(?)
Do you still believe what you said in the post below?
In post 671, NC 39 wrote:
In post 666, EspressoPatronum wrote:Assuming we pass a coalition and it fails, nobody should be voting to lynch outside of the 5 coalition members.
Why not? IF coalition fails - unless you think there’s two scum in it - unlikely. So, for today and today only, IF we lynch, it makes the most sense to lynch amongst the two scummiest players NOT in coalition. It was definitely GREAT for me, until Hectic decided to sub himself for Gamma pretty much immediately after voting the coalition.
:lol: No of course not. I clearly misunderstood the mechanic. In the game I played we won D1 - well before RAS fucked it all up anyway, so I thought we had to decide the lynch before we knew whether or not the coalition passed or not.

Now that we know that there is at least one scum inside the coalition, I think it’s obvious we keep lynching in there, until we catch them, because to do anything else is stupid.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Spangled »

As regards Gamma, and confuse me as a combination. I like their initial progression on me... but then, that progression is townreading me, and after other people started to do the same, so I’m pretty much going to discard that.
Gamma doesn’t express many stances (especially controversial ones) as far as I can see (feel free to prove me wrong though, anyone). Their tone still feels off to me and that pr vs vt explanation still doesn’t sit well with me.

I do like how he reconsidered NC 39, but a lot of his reads are go-with-the-flow kind ones; he trs me when others start to, he trs RCMA when others start to, he reconsiders me when RCMA cases me, he trs NC 39 when other start to, he srs Hectic when I start to... like out of all the slots I’ve looked at I think I like this least; the lack of some really individual reads that others didn’t have first I don’t like. I don’t think anyone’s online now so I’m going to plant my vote here because right now is the last time toDay I’ll be online.
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 am

Post by Spangled »

@NC 39
We have 10 hours to find a lynch; this doesn’t run double day; the timer doesn’t reset.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 740, NC 39 wrote:
In post 732, Spangled wrote:
@NC 39
I could ask you the exact same question. You haven’t voted either. Only RC and Alchemist have. We have 6+ days and I’d rather not mislynch.
In post 732, Spangled wrote: Any reason
you’re
not voting?
I’m trying to determine why the coalition failed and my weakest reads inside the coalition - where we ought to be focusing our energies today, don’t you agree? - are LUV/Gamma.

I liked Gamma’s posting just prior to the coalition hammer, so rn I lean LUV but I don’t even think he’s posted yet. GREAT hasn’t either, so that makes this harder.
Well I mean I did vote prior to the coalition failing, and the count didn’t reset, so...
But I do agree on Gamma/LUV being the weakest pair inside the coalition.
And GREAT not being here definitely makes this harder.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:37 am

Post by Spangled »

Okay looking at LUV and then I shall go unto blissful sleep. Probably not the blissful sleep beyond the mortal coil though; I doubt I’m the NK. Speaking of which the NK choice will be very interesting actually.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:37 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 738, Spangled wrote:
In post 523, EspressoPatronum wrote:@Spamgled
I won't have time to address your questions point by point until later tonight. Will get to it then.

Some quick notes:
- the formality of some of my posts is perhaps due to my area of study + work. Some of those posts you linked look like the way I structure some emails.
- the paranoia is normal. Almost every player in nsg's game was convinced the coalition would fail + were thus paranoid. (*remind me later to find the scum pairings post by Almost50 -- we may be able to use his logic here).
Honestly conflicted feelings on EP.
He did some stuff early game, but lately there’s been a lot less activity etc.
He does a lot of info-gathering early game... AI? Mystery — yes, (after-game-)coincidence — maybe, hotel? Trivago.
I also think he had first tr on Hectic? I like his progression on Hectic early-ish game but there hasn’t been much since...?
I don’t really want him lynched today, but the feeling is a lot less strong than on NC, actually, weirdly enough.
I’m not the reason the coalition failed. Why do you think Espresso over LUV/Gamma?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:43 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 743, Spangled wrote:@NC 39
We have 10 hours to find a lynch; this doesn’t run double day; the timer doesn’t reset.
-
Day phases will last 7 days
(or until a lynch is achieved).
No, you’re wrong.

We have 6+ days, so I’m not rushing a lynch before everyone has even posted - especially LUV. If he looks to be flaking, I’ll obviously have to reconsider.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 359, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The only thing scummy is you making that out to be something :lol:

I’m not really unhappy. I kinda expected to be scum read by certain people going into this.
LUV is, unsurprisingly, not much to look at. I sympathise with lots of his thoughts involving the coalition though, enough that absent bigger reasons I don’t want him strung up today. I am surprised that he got in the coalition though; I know is pretty towny but in the bigger scheme of things I kind of meh looking at it.

His early game is NAI; could be a townpost if you try hard enough, although I will admit that it doesn’t really look like a scumpost.
His low content frustrates me and I’m not sure why he thought that him disengaging should show us that he’s town, but I’m not changing my vote at this point and he’s towny enough not to eat rope today.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 688, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.17

Mod note:
The coalition of [
EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, Lil Uzi Vert, NC 39, RC most awesomest
] has failed!

Hectic (2): YOUAREGREAT, Spangled
Lil Uzi Vert (2): Gamma Emerald, EspressoPatronum
Spangled (1): RC most awesomest
Alchemist21 (1): Hectic
EspressoPatronum (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (2): Alchemist21, NC 39

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-12 18:00:00).
[/u]
Underline mine.
Both coalition and lynch must happen in ‘day phase’ one.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”