Newbie 1955 - wikihow mafia [game over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Kerset
was killed last night! They were a Town Cop.

It is now
Day Two
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.00
How to Be a Hipster Girl

Not Voting (7): ClaimNow, emps, Aisa, Robbnva, Doctor Drew, Mackenie, Sera Masumi

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach a lynch. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-24 21:45:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

RIP cyrus62, may your death not be in vain.

Anywho....

VOTE: Mackenzie
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Since there’s no masons, I’m thinking claimnow quoted from his scum forum.

VOTE: claimnow
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I don’t see any examples in any of claim’s other games that he has a notes PF. I don’t think he created one for here and I definitely don’t see content that matches 85 post made in his forum.

I can only think this is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 504, Robbnva wrote:I don’t see any examples in any of claim’s other games that he has a notes PF. I don’t think he created one for here and I definitely don’t see content that matches 85 post made in his forum.

I can only think this is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Makes sense......but what is your opinion on Mackenzie?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I scum read him yesterday. Don’t see anything that changes that.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Mackenie »

Where were all your posts over the last few days doctor? As far as i can see you purposly posted as little as possible until today. If your scum i think its a poor tactic to use when your an se in a rookie game, its not all about winning.

Slightly annoyed about not sticking with my read on Cyrus, but as far as i'm concerned he was asking for a lynching with some of his ridiculous posts.

I also think its funny how i backed cyrus longer than anyone but Kersit, who was town, yet im scum.

Also Doctor you flipped on your definatly town read on Cyrus well before me but there was apparently no reason for me to flip?

My current top scum read would probably be Rob but the fact that you've not even mentioned his clear tunneling of Cyrus is too suspicious to me.

At this point i think everyone will make up their own mind and my enthusiasm for this game has waned, if either doc or rob isn't scum i'll eat my hat.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by Mackenie »

Seriously Doctor, same amount of posts as the mod but your here within 2 mins of day starting to vote :)
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 am

Post by Robbnva »

Not a good entrance from Mack. Shading doc for not posting/low post count is weak shit I usually see coming from scum. Him not commenting on me tunneling shouldn’t make him more suspicious because me tunneling Cyrus doesn’t mean anything.

I’ll gladly vote Mack but I honestly think we lynch the scum who linked to his private forum.

@mack - thoughts on the obvious scum slip?

And btw he wouldn’t be the first scum to be caught that way.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 507, Mackenie wrote:I also think its funny how i backed cyrus longer than anyone but Kersit, who was town, yet im scum.
Your flip was suspicious. All of your votes could be viewed as opportunistic also. Kersit’s play wasn’t remotely similar. He also voted cause it was inevitable so you can’t even compare that.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Robbnva »

If you think one of doc or I is scum, why no vote?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 am

Post by Robbnva »

I have my own theory. I think you’re waiting to see what everyone else says so you can pick the easier vote. That honestly fits how you’ve played. Don’t try to lead, you follow
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 512, Robbnva wrote:Don’t try to lead, you follow
Which seems odd since you definitely are opinionated about your reads.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Mackenie »

Hehe sure i'm waiting for all the non posters to jump in and pick someone othere than me. Docs turn on Cyrus was oppertunistic but lets forget about that, he didnt put any effort to work out the scum and ignored pretty much all of my questions but why bring that up? I still dont know what the hell shading is but if its going back to my biggest scum read before Cyrus then hey ho.

You don't even seem bothered everythig you said about Cyrus was proved false, where were all your theroes the last 10 days? Do you even believe slightly that low posting has no relevance?

I have to think your scum because most of your actions would be poor for a town player, not even a mild suspicion of Doc lol. Considering the way you two have acted i'm not even concerned with claimnow at the minute, and ill only get crap for thories.

I really don't know which of you is more worthy of my vote, i dont know how either of you is town.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Aisa »

Hi all, especially hi Claim!

I've had a read through things. I still need to think some things through, and take a good look at my notes, essentially I will be back in a few hours with better fleshed out ideas but I shall throw some preliminary thoughts out.

Leaning town on:
Mack
- His activity levels are good. In the first pages he game me the impression of reading every post carefully, almost "hanging onto" the thread waiting for someone to post. It just seems like it would be hard to imitate as scum on their first game. And it sounds like he's mostly just been saying what's on him mind. Yeah the vote on cyrus could be opportunistic but it doesn't seem like enough evidence to counteract the rest.
emps
- I agree with most of his posts. Especially around posts 152-159 his thoughts seemed to echo mine. Some of his more recent posts are nullish.

Null:
Dyrenz/
Sera Masumi
- just not much content yet.
eekveek/
Claim
- similar, not much content. I will say I just finished a game with Claim in which he was scum. He doesn't really post much in general, but compared to that game he seems bolder and more engaged which are good signs. Curious about this whole PT affair.

Leaning scum:
Rob
- I disagree with emps, his progression didn't seem especially town. I am going to look at a couple of his past games to see how they compare.
Doc
- reasons people have mentioned. Hasn't posted much but what he has posted could easily be opportunistic. Has not pushed anyone or made much of an effort D1.

Questions!
@MOD: can people get a pt if they PM you?

Anyone: is there a way to get a notes PT besides the mod making one for you?

@Rob: I get that tunnelling people is something you do as both town or scum. Why do you do it as town? It hasn't really served you well in this game.
@Doc: How did Mack's experience with Mafia inform your read? Why are you voting Mack now - weren't you reading him as "solidly town" yesterday? Could you generally be more forthcoming in sharing why you're doing what you're doing?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 515, Aisa wrote:Why do you do it as town?
I don't know why I do it, It's not something I can control.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 514, Mackenie wrote:You don't even seem bothered everythig you said about Cyrus was proved false
Why would I be bothered? I didn't make him play the way he did.
In post 514, Mackenie wrote:where were all your theroes the last 10 days?
Which ones? The one where I thought you were opportunistic with your votes and I think you could be scum? That was posted day 1
The one where the quote from the pf was most likely from a mafia forum? I commented about that day 1 also.
In post 514, Mackenie wrote:Do you even believe slightly that low posting has no relevance?
I believe 100% it has no relevance to alignment. I have seen both town and scum post high counts, post low counts, and stayed in the middle. There is no rhyme or reason behind it. It's annoying as fuck but unfortunately I need something more than "omg ur a lurker" which is basically what "you have a low post count" implies.
In post 514, Mackenie wrote:I have to think your scum because most of your actions would be poor for a town player,
if you are town, that is fair but which actions exactly? If you point to actions that I have a long history of doing as town, then all you have proven is something I already know. I am a poor town player and everyone else thinks so also. Why do you think I have created so many Alt accounts? I try to stop death tunneling but I really can't. I have in my brain how a townie should act. When somebody does that, I vote them. Cyrus lied at least 4 times. wait let me say that with more emphasis.

CYRUS LIED at least 4 times

Rule number 1 of playing town as mafia - DO NOT LIE.
In post 514, Mackenie wrote:not even a mild suspicion of Doc lo
Why do you think that? Where have I said Doc is a town read? don't put words into my mouth.
In post 514, Mackenie wrote:Considering the way you two have acted i'm not even concerned with claimnow at the minute
WHY THE HELL NOT?

He quoted from a Private forum. The setup has confirmed we do not have masons. The only way he could have quoted from a private forum is if he is mafia.....

let me say that with more emphasis

The only way he could have quoted from a private forum is if he is mafia

In post 514, Mackenie wrote:i dont know how either of you is town.
Why? cause he has a low post count? Because I tunneled a scum read? :facepalm:
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 515, Aisa wrote:his progression didn't seem especially town.
explain what about my progression didn't seem town.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Robbnva »

I am currently trying to find out if it is even legal to have a private forum. In the past ICs were allowed to have one but there are no more ICs. I see nothing in the rules that supports this is legal.

Mod, are players allowed to have their own private forum to discuss the game? Rules say do not discuss the game outside of the game which implies no.

If this is allowed, can you confirm that you approved ClaimNow to have one? I assume you as the game mod would need to know about this

Thank you
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Aisa »

You know what Rob, I've changed my mind.
[url=ttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=80202&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=13986&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go]This[/url]
is Rob's last scum game. I think there are some differences here, namely:
- in his scum game he was quite quick to accuse people. Not that he doesn't do it here, but he seems less quick to.
- seems to see more nuance here / genuinely worried.
- he's less defensive here. Although this one is not as reliable, because in the last game he was about to be lynched as far as I could tell.

But to answer your original question...
In post 276, Robbnva wrote:
In post 224, Robbnva wrote:
In post 222, cyrus62 wrote:intent to hammer doc at 9pm my time btw my time saids 2:37pm
this is not a town post btw.

we have over 6 days left and doc isn't even in your scum pile.
somebody rushing to end the day doesn't say this.

so that's like lie number 4.
It's clear from the context he wasn't
lying
, he was just accusing you of being eager to end the day. Sometimes people forget or, in the haste, disregard earlier posts, it's nothing special...
In post 286, Robbnva wrote: yes I had a reason for voting him. I explained what that was later. i also provided more reasons as cyrus did more and more scummy things. Once he flat out lied about me, that pretty much sealed his fate in my opinion. he went on and lied 3 more times.

I can never town read somebody who lies. He will always be scum to me and as much as I try to stop death tunneling people because I know people hate it, I just can't when I am convinced, and I am convinced when it comes to cyrus.
In fact if you are scum this has to be telling. I can't be bothered to go back exactly but your insistence on these 4 lies is... excessive considering some aren't lies. Obviously I have hindsight, but cyrus' was a bluff indeed...

Here some posts I like:

post 335post 340
In post 415, Robbnva wrote:I am not scum this game. If you are town the only thing you know how to do is play against your win condition and lie, I have not refused to help the game, I AM THE ONLY ONE actually trying. Go look at my breakdown of the doc wagon, go look at the reasons behind those votes. If you are town, there is no way you can honestly say any of those are anything more than surface level reasons. Doc hasn't been around so he hasn't done anything truly scrummy. You can't say with any certainty that his inactivity is related to his alignment either. Meanwhile we have you who has done actual scummy things.

So if you are town, learn to play better and PLEASE stay the fuck away from me and i will try to do the same.

If you were truly trying to get people off the doc wagon, you would probably had better luck if A. you provided a better alternative with reasons and B. Looked at who was on the wagon and figure out that their reasons weren't very good.

Hmm.. that sounds familiar actually. Somebody actually did that. i wonder who that was...

Oh yea, that was me. And I don't even give a rats ass if doc gets lynched or not. He isn't really helping either but he doesn't look as bad as you do. You look like straight up scum. you act like straight up scum.

What is that expression? If it looks like shit, and smells like shit, it probably is shit? Look in the mirror sir, your play has been shit.
post 285
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 520, Aisa wrote:You know what Rob, I've changed my mind.
[url=ttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=80202&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&user_select%5B%5D=13986&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_select%5B%5D=0&user_sort=Go]This[/url] is Rob's last scum game. I think there are some differences here, namely:
- in his scum game he was quite quick to accuse people. Not that he doesn't do it here, but he seems less quick to.
- seems to see more nuance here / genuinely worried.
- he's less defensive here. Although this one is not as reliable, because in the last game he was about to be lynched as far as I could tell.

But to answer your original question...
In post 276, Robbnva wrote:
In post 224, Robbnva wrote:
In post 222, cyrus62 wrote:intent to hammer doc at 9pm my time btw my time saids 2:37pm
this is not a town post btw.

we have over 6 days left and doc isn't even in your scum pile.
somebody rushing to end the day doesn't say this.

so that's like lie number 4.
It's clear from the context he wasn't
lying
, he was just accusing you of being eager to end the day. Sometimes people forget or, in the haste, disregard earlier posts, it's nothing special...
In post 286, Robbnva wrote: yes I had a reason for voting him. I explained what that was later. i also provided more reasons as cyrus did more and more scummy things. Once he flat out lied about me, that pretty much sealed his fate in my opinion. he went on and lied 3 more times.

I can never town read somebody who lies. He will always be scum to me and as much as I try to stop death tunneling people because I know people hate it, I just can't when I am convinced, and I am convinced when it comes to cyrus.
In fact if you are scum this has to be telling. I can't be bothered to go back exactly but your insistence on these 4 lies is... excessive considering some aren't lies. Obviously I have hindsight, but cyrus' was a bluff indeed...

Here some posts I like:

post 285
post 335
post 340
In post 415, Robbnva wrote:I am not scum this game. If you are town the only thing you know how to do is play against your win condition and lie, I have not refused to help the game, I AM THE ONLY ONE actually trying.
Go look at my breakdown of the doc wagon, go look at the reasons behind those votes. If you are town, there is no way you can honestly say any of those are anything more than surface level reasons.
Doc hasn't been around so he hasn't done anything truly scrummy. You can't say with any certainty that his inactivity is related to his alignment either. Meanwhile we have you who has done actual scummy things.

So if you are town, learn to play better and PLEASE stay the fuck away from me and i will try to do the same.

If you were truly trying to get people off the doc wagon, you would probably had better luck if A. you provided a better alternative with reasons and B. Looked at who was on the wagon and figure out that their reasons weren't very good.

Hmm.. that sounds familiar actually. Somebody actually did that. i wonder who that was...

Oh yea, that was me. And I don't even give a rats ass if doc gets lynched or not. He isn't really helping either but he doesn't look as bad as you do. You look like straight up scum. you act like straight up scum.

What is that expression? If it looks like shit, and smells like shit, it probably is shit? Look in the mirror sir, your play has been shit.
Fixed.

@rob, I agree they're surface level reasons... but by that logic can't most everything be construed as a surface level reason?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 465, ClaimNow wrote:@emps I took notes in the pt with a lot of contradicting thoughts. Most were pretty short and choppy.
Is this the first PT you have ever created for a game?

If yes - Why did you choose to create one this game and not others?

If no - can I get a link to one from a completed game?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 520, Aisa wrote:he was just accusing you of being eager to end the day.
false accusations aren't lies?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 521, Aisa wrote:@rob, I agree they're surface level reasons... but by that logic can't most everything be construed as a surface level reason?
sure, a lot of things could be construed as surface level, but I think that post you linked of mine, explains my thought process. It's good enough for some pressure but I'd never be ok lynching somebody based on that. You have to have some good reasons to want to lynch somebody.

That was my issue with the doc wagon to begin with. There was enough to pressure but then everyone just sat there.

That is why mack looks suspicious. He isn't really digging for reasons. His reads are Doc - you post as much as the mod and Me - you tunneled (paraphrasing obviously) and he doesn't even want to place a vote to show he is serious. He essentially said he is waiting to see what others are going to say/do
Hehe sure i'm waiting for all the non posters to jump in and pick someone othere than me
So day 1 he had what I consider to be two opportunistic votes with poor reasoning.

Day 2 he continues his poor reasoning and he's waiting for others to vote.

That is a huge red flag to me. But according to him I am a poor player so what do I know.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”