Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Unstuck in Time »

In post 1674, RCEnigma wrote:My issue is the way you backed off the read the moment that Plat challenged it or called you out on it. It comes off as appeasement and there isn't much incentive for town to favor the opinion of an objectively scummy slot over their own. But there is for scum trying to stick with the general consensus.

VOTE: UiT
This Hydra thing is completely dysfunctional for me. On both days, we have had serious disagreements over primary Lynch candidates. TL still wants to vote you RC. The backing off that is me. And now I want to policy lunch my own slot because of the Hydra dysfunction.

Again I apologize because I think I'm going to get mis-lynched here and I think it's because we aren't talking through the reads in the PT. I think I made a mistake by not hopping on fakePP's wagon yesterday, and I think that because of the way he came out today.

@RCE - that thing you're accusing TL of doing, FakePP did the exact same thing. Why aren't you pressuring/questioning their slot over it?
Hydra of TemporalLich and Billy Pilgrim
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:38 am

In post 1675, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1674, RCEnigma wrote:My issue is the way you backed off the read the moment that Plat challenged it or called you out on it. It comes off as appeasement and there isn't much incentive for town to favor the opinion of an objectively scummy slot over their own. But there is for scum trying to stick with the general consensus.

VOTE: UiT
This Hydra thing is completely dysfunctional for me. On both days, we have had serious disagreements over primary Lynch candidates. TL still wants to vote you RC. The backing off that is me. And now I want to policy lunch my own slot because of the Hydra dysfunction.

Again I apologize because I think I'm going to get mis-lynched here and I think it's because we aren't talking through the reads in the PT. I think I made a mistake by not hopping on fakePP's wagon yesterday, and I think that because of the way he came out today.

@RCE - that thing you're accusing TL of doing, FakePP did the exact same thing. Why aren't you pressuring/questioning their slot over it?
BP
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm not sure how i feel about BP going on about "policy lynch me plz". Part of me wants to believe he's a townie frustrated at the situation his hydra's put him in, but another part of me wonders if he's just scum trying to appeal to emotions. :neutral:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Platinum Phoenix »

In post 1669, Unstuck in Time wrote: I don't understand why fakePP is playing both sides here.
did you just ignore 1664?
In post 1677, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm not sure how i feel about BP going on about "policy lynch me plz". Part of me wants to believe he's a townie frustrated at the situation his hydra's put him in, but another part of me wonders if he's just scum trying to appeal to emotions. :neutral:
I don't think the tone of posting is from frustrated town.
- Phoenix
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VLA For like 2 weeks, just got a concussion yesterday and need to do a brain break which includes reduced screentime
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

A slot can be VLA for that long?
Hope you get better dude.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:04 am

In post 1678, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
In post 1669, Unstuck in Time wrote: I don't understand why fakePP is playing both sides here.
In post 1677, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I'm not sure how i feel about BP going on about "policy lynch me plz". Part of me wants to believe he's a townie frustrated at the situation his hydra's put him in, but another part of me wonders if he's just scum trying to appeal to emotions. :neutral:
- Phoenix
I saw it. How exactly did you read that incorrectly? Did you think he said he thought Beta was vigged?

BP
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1651, Hoptic wrote:Don't buy that you really think that's a post coming from someone trying to lynch Penguin.
Exactly.

However- does it come from someone who's town/scum!hunting? or someone who wants to shade penguin?
I think the latter.

Regarding the signing- again: you seem like a duo that discussed shit so you were collectively on board with the penguin-shade.
I suppose I'll wait until he pops in to see what gives.
"Vork are you really confused about editing your sig?" ~Formerfish
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1672, RCEnigma wrote:Shading my Menalque scumread when I pointed out it was only that half, but I had expressed that view from menals first few posts. The way you framed it made it seem like a groupthink read.
I've hated the m head of the hydra since like... her first post here. Where did I shade that read of yours?
In post 1672, RCEnigma wrote:The whole thing about the jazz comparison ofhrz was asking about which I feel was a miscommunication on your part or that you aren't putting my posts into context and skewing them intentionally more similar to EICN.
That was great, but I don't get the... "point" of what that entire anecdote/story was all about. As I've TL;DR'd already:
In post 1036, Vorkuta wrote:TL;DR, I don't buy this analysis, I don't understand what its trying to convey, and I don't understand how that translates to potential concrete reads/tactics in this game.
In post 1672, RCEnigma wrote:generalizing and throwing out vague adjectives to push your narrative
I disagree.
My dislike of you is driven by the fact that I think your town!game is more assertive, straightforward, and has "effort" in it.
You were decent in Jazz, EICN, and Musicals and had absolutely no problem gathering your "clout" regardless of hard you were pressed.
In this game, it feels like you've completely failed to get any, and that's not due to me at all.
So either you're having a bad day (week?) or something, or this isn't your towngame.

I make concrete points. None of that 'vague adjectives' bs so stop misrepping my arguments.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1679, Gamma Emerald wrote:a concussion
:eek:
all the best- head injuries are horrible!

I really don't want to be that guy but.......
Spoiler:
In post 1, Baezu wrote:If you will have an excessively long V/LA or will not have regular access to the internet/forums, please request replacement instead.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1164, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I'm still against pretty much all the hydras +Vork
So there's "staged" cross-fighting against the hydras?
Mighty convenient.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:Killing me off is a blatant scumclaim
:igmeou:
Is this about #? Because you've literally just "k"d to it and nothing more.
In post 1160, RCEnigma wrote:I just want ohfrz to stop sweet talking me because I think half the Hydra is townish and then there's Menalque.
such original thought process, much parroting
tbf, Menalque accused you (us) of colluding so there's that to reconcile as well

Here.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1683, Vorkuta wrote:That was great, but I don't get the... "point" of what that entire anecdote/story was all about. As I've TL;DR'd already:
It didn't apply to this game, that was the whole point ...

Ofhrz' asked if I could compare this game to jazz in relation to your slot. I told her they didn't compare and gave all my reasoning for how the circumstances didn't line up so any comparison I made between the two would be biased or unfair. You were literally a mason there.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1683, Vorkuta wrote:I disagree.
My dislike of you is driven by the fact that I think your town!game is more assertive, straightforward, and has "effort" in it.
You were decent in Jazz, EICN, and Musicals and had absolutely no problem gathering your "clout" regardless of hard you were pressed.
In this game, it feels like you've completely failed to get any, and that's not due to me at all.
So either you're having a bad day (week?) or something, or this isn't your towngame.
I had to fake a guilty to get you killed in EICN what? And you still nearly got out of that.
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:45 am

In post 1681, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1678, Platinum Phoenix wrote:
- Phoenix
I saw it. How exactly did you read that incorrectly? Did you think he said he thought Beta was vigged?
Yes. I stopped reading after the be
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:23 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 2.2
With 10 players it takes 6 to lynch

NaCl (2) ~
Unstuck in Time (2) ~
Platinum Phoenix (1) ~

RCEnigma (1) ~

not voting (4) ~
NaCl, PenguinPower, Gamma Emerald,

Mod Notes
Gamma Emerald V/LA indefinitely. I hope you feel better soon

deadline:
(expired on 2019-09-30 08:55:00)
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1665, Unstuck in Time wrote:Beta nightkill implicates RCE scum. A spicy nightkill indeed, but Beta was trying to pocket RCE.

TL
This pings me a lot too. Beta wasn't trying to pocket me. I said that in jest and it feels weird to hear you echo that here. My paranoia was that ofhrz waffling on me while Menalque scumread me was a ploy since ofhrz and I both know there is a very slim chance she misreads me if she's town. Which I thought she was playing to.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The fact that nobody but me and S_S has been mainly advocating for NaCL so far makes me wonder if NaCL is scum. Currently there is a lower percentage of townies compared to scum since Night 1 passed, so i'm thinking scum would be feeling more confident in pushing for mislynches. Like maybe what we're seeing with RCE and UiT? I feel like they might both just be a distraction, the former even more so than the latter. Therefore the fact that not so many people has jumped on NaCL's scummy behaviour in favour of trashing RCE and UiT makes me feel like NaCL is the safest bet to vote right now.
I don't think i'm going to switch my vote.

- Bunno
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I think I've glazed over most of the time when nacl posts. Run me through your scumread Norwegian.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1692, RCEnigma wrote:I think I've glazed over most of the time when nacl posts. Run me through your scumread Norwegian.
Well some of it i've said already in posts here and there, but i guess i should put all of my thoughts into one post so it will become more coherent.
First of all, he's been wanting to lynch me for a long time based upon the "tone of my posts" but he hasn't elaborated further, so i don't know why he keeps trying to raise attention to me. In day 1 he really wanted to lynch me, but "compromised" on lynching Tris instead. I know this is not too interesting since there's no way for me to prove i'm a townie, but i can't leave behind the possibility that he is scum who found himself what he believes to be a "easy" target, and keeps trying to test the waters to see if the town is willing to mislynch me.
Then in post he strongly advocates lynching Benhalkum, but hammers Tris, so he found himself two suspects, both of which turned out to be town. I believe this might have been him attempting to set up a day 2 mislynch in the form of benhalkum once the Tris lynch went through, but his plan was thwarted when the vig killed Ben. (Which is what i assumed happened) NaCL
might
be the vigilante as well, but if he was i don't think he would be acting so hostile against his future vig kill and bringing unwanted attention upon himself by the mafia and their ability to nightkill. So if my theory is correct, then NaCL is one of the most anti-town people i've currently nailed down of the whole rooster. If he's scum then his lynch would give a lot of information as well, he's claimed he was "heavily against" the Fake-PP wagon of D1, so if he's scum= Fake-PP most likely scum as well. NaCL's votes have always seemed opportunistic to me, he will seem content with anyone's lynch except for Fake-PP's wagon for some reason. Preferring to spend his time being combative about why anyone "votes for that guy" like he wants to bring it up later if he knows their mislynch will give him ammo for setting up future mislynches and he can later go "aha! He voted for X, clearly scummy!"
In post 1625, NaCl wrote:To be honest, though, it feels like I'm a 'safe' place for people to park their votes on, given how it happened yesterday as well.
This gives me bad vibes.

As for RCE and UiT i feel like the attacks on RCE are kinda artificial, it's just a crappy WIFOM argument as well as some (You're not like THAT in the games i've played with you?! WHERE'S THE REAL RCE???!) which seemed to me like bad arguments even back in D1, so i don't find them too engaging here in in D2 either. UiT's wagon seems more natural, but i have this feeling that UiT is genuine. It seems like they want to help town, but the whole "hydra" thing is making them difficult for each other to communicate which makes it easy for anyone to point out inconsistencies between the two.

- Bunno
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 1691, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The fact that nobody but me and S_S has been mainly advocating for NaCL so far makes me wonder if NaCL is scum. Currently there is a lower percentage of townies compared to scum since Night 1 passed, so i'm thinking scum would be feeling more confident in pushing for mislynches. Like maybe what we're seeing with RCE and UiT? I feel like they might both just be a distraction, the former even more so than the latter. Therefore the fact that not so many people has jumped on NaCL's scummy behaviour in favour of trashing RCE and UiT makes me feel like NaCL is the safest bet to vote right now.
In post 1693, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1692, RCEnigma wrote:I think I've glazed over most of the time when nacl posts. Run me through your scumread Norwegian.
Well some of it i've said already in posts here and there, but i guess i should put all of my thoughts into one post so it will become more coherent.
First of all, he's been wanting to lynch me for a long time based upon the "tone of my posts" but he hasn't elaborated further, so i don't know why he keeps trying to raise attention to me. In day 1 he really wanted to lynch me, but "compromised" on lynching Tris instead. I know this is not too interesting since there's no way for me to prove i'm a townie, but i can't leave behind the possibility that he is scum who found himself what he believes to be a "easy" target, and keeps trying to test the waters to see if the town is willing to mislynch me.
Then in post he strongly advocates lynching Benhalkum, but hammers Tris, so he found himself two suspects, both of which turned out to be town. I believe this might have been him attempting to set up a day 2 mislynch in the form of benhalkum once the Tris lynch went through, but his plan was thwarted when the vig killed Ben. (Which is what i assumed happened) NaCL
might
be the vigilante as well, but if he was i don't think he would be acting so hostile against his future vig kill and bringing unwanted attention upon himself by the mafia and their ability to nightkill. So if my theory is correct, then NaCL is one of the most anti-town people i've currently nailed down of the whole rooster. If he's scum then his lynch would give a lot of information as well, he's claimed he was "heavily against" the Fake-PP wagon of D1, so if he's scum= Fake-PP most likely scum as well. NaCL's votes have always seemed opportunistic to me, he will seem content with anyone's lynch except for Fake-PP's wagon for some reason. Preferring to spend his time being combative about why anyone "votes for that guy" like he wants to bring it up later if he knows their mislynch will give him ammo for setting up future mislynches and he can later go "aha! He voted for X, clearly scummy!"
In post 1625, NaCl wrote:To be honest, though, it feels like I'm a 'safe' place for people to park their votes on, given how it happened yesterday as well.
This gives me bad vibes.

As for RCE and UiT i feel like the attacks on RCE are kinda artificial, it's just a crappy WIFOM argument as well as some (You're not like THAT in the games i've played with you?! WHERE'S THE REAL RCE???!) which seemed to me like bad arguments even back in D1, so i don't find them too engaging here in in D2 either. UiT's wagon seems more natural, but i have this feeling that UiT is genuine. It seems like they want to help town, but the whole "hydra" thing is making them difficult for each other to communicate which makes it easy for anyone to point out inconsistencies between the two.
Thank you for doing this. I was starting to doubt you were scum overnight but you really proved me wrong. VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

I don't believe you would have changed your mind or your vote on me regardless of how many people were voting me. If more people were voting me, would you say that makes me town? It's ridiculous logic.

Next, I wasn't scumreading you for your tone, I said you were a null read in that post at that point. I didn't like you because of your voting patterns. The wagon on Fake-PP grew too quickly for a town wagon compared to what I was seeing, and I think someone who got on early is scum, which is why I'm also suspicious of Hoptic.

Yes, I hammered Tris because that lynch was going through regardless. Do you think that I would have been doing that if it was between you and Tris, or Benhalkum and Tris, or anyone? Because Tris wasn't going to come back, and short of anyone claiming scum openly, that lynch wasn't changing. It's really easy to say that Benhalkum was me setting up a mislynch after he flipped, but did you ever consider how scummy he was?

You keep calling me anti-town rather than scum as an out for when I flip town.

My defense of Fake-PP is because I thought the wagon was bad.

Your attack on me is bad and it's clearly not taking an actual look at what I'm saying. If you're town, look over it again and stop lying about what my actual reasons are.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The wagon on Fake-PP grew too quickly for a town wagon compared to what I was seeing, and I think someone who got on early is scum, which is why I'm also suspicious of Hoptic.
I heavily defended Fake-PP at a point in time where the vote could have been pushed trough. If i was scum, and Phoenix town, there is no good reason why i wouldn’t have just sat in a dark corner and given zero shits about his lynch. If you’re the same and townread Phoenix, i don’t see why scumreading me for being an early vote is any longer relevant.

- Bunno
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:32 am

In post 1694, NaCl wrote:
In post 1691, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The fact that nobody but me and S_S has been mainly advocating for NaCL so far makes me wonder if NaCL is scum. Currently there is a lower percentage of townies compared to scum since Night 1 passed, so i'm thinking scum would be feeling more confident in pushing for mislynches. Like maybe what we're seeing with RCE and UiT? I feel like they might both just be a distraction, the former even more so than the latter. Therefore the fact that not so many people has jumped on NaCL's scummy behaviour in favour of trashing RCE and UiT makes me feel like NaCL is the safest bet to vote right now.
In post 1693, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
might
This gives me bad vibes.

Thank you for doing this. I was starting to doubt you were scum overnight but you really proved me wrong. VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

I don't believe you would have changed your mind or your vote on me regardless of how many people were voting me. If more people were voting me, would you say that makes me town? It's ridiculous logic.

Next, I wasn't scumreading you for your tone, I said you were a null read in that post at that point. I didn't like you because of your voting patterns. The wagon on Fake-PP grew too quickly for a town wagon compared to what I was seeing, and I think someone who got on early is scum, which is why I'm also suspicious of Hoptic.

Yes, I hammered Tris because that lynch was going through regardless. Do you think that I would have been doing that if it was between you and Tris, or Benhalkum and Tris, or anyone? Because Tris wasn't going to come back, and short of anyone claiming scum openly, that lynch wasn't changing. It's really easy to say that Benhalkum was me setting up a mislynch after he flipped, but did you ever consider how scummy he was?

You keep calling me anti-town rather than scum as an out for when I flip town.

My defense of Fake-PP is because I thought the wagon was bad.

Your attack on me is bad and it's clearly not taking an actual look at what I'm saying. If you're town, look over it again and stop lying about what my actual reasons are.
I agree that the logic is convoluted and ridiculous. So how exactly is that scummy?

Check the join date. You think scum makes a bizarre case out on you when he's one of two on the wagon and needs 4 more to hop on or tries to make a passable case on the other developing wagon and hops on which makes 3 and only needs 3 more with Hoptic already saying I'm probably scum? If anything, S_S's vote on you is worse, because he voted you to kick off the day shading you for hammering before a claim when Tris was V/LA and we were probably too late for a different wagon anyway.

I really don't understand your SR of Norwegian here. The only way it makes sense is if you think he's trying to pull people off of me since I'm the counter-wagon at the moment. Do you think I'm scum with Norwegian? I think I'm having trouble with how him pushing you with bad logic means he's scum?

BP
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am

In post 1695, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
The wagon on Fake-PP grew too quickly for a town wagon compared to what I was seeing, and I think someone who got on early is scum, which is why I'm also suspicious of Hoptic.
I heavily defended Fake-PP at a point in time where the vote could have been pushed trough. If i was scum, and Phoenix town, there is no good reason why i wouldn’t have just sat in a dark corner and given zero shits about his lynch. If you’re the same and townread Phoenix, i don’t see why scumreading me for being an early vote is any longer relevant.
When did you heavily defend fakePP?
Unstuck in Time
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Unstuck in Time
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am

In post 1697, Unstuck in Time wrote:
In post 1695, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
When did you heavily defend fakePP?
BP
Platinum Phoenix
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Platinum Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm

hi. i'm thinking nacl has more scum equity than uit with his last few posts.

Return to “Completed Open Games”