Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.02 (unchanged)

Not Voting (7): Hectic, Spangled, NC 39, EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, gobbledygook, Lil Uzi Vert

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-23 19:25:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Seeking a replacement for
YOUAREGREAT
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

gobbledygook
replaces
YOUAREGREAT
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 1077, Skygazer wrote:
gobbledygook
replaces
YOUAREGREAT
Welcome, gobbledygook!
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 pm

@Spangled my progression and reasons for LUV
Spoiler:
In post 475, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 455, Spangled wrote:@EP
What’s your take on LUV, post-NC 39’s observation about how consensus seems to be that LUV is scum?
NC raises an interesting point, but I'm not comfortable enough with it to put LUV in my coalition.

First, I want active people in my coalition so I have a better chance at correctly sorting them. Putting LUV in because of inactivity and everyone else's behaviour seems backwards.

Second, all of my previous thoughts on LUV still apply. If we consider LUV's universal scum read ("USR") as a town factor in reading him, I'm still left with:
In post 369, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
LUV, for
two
three
four reasons:
1. The lurking
2. I didn't like his early posts
3. I don't like his recent posts
4. I don't like the OMGUS vote
To expand:

1. My experience thus far has scum lurks surprisingly often. I even advocate for lurker policy lynches in most of my games bcz of how often I've seen scum skate by under the radar by lurking.

2. He wasn't helpful early. Telling us to ignore the mechanics of the game was anti-town. His early RC tr looks like he was trying to avoid attention. Alchemist gave a meta reason for his read, but I recall LUV leaving the TR without any reasons.

3. I disagreed with most of his catch-up posts. I also think that anyone touting a 'low activity' meta for town is doing a disservice to everyone else playing.

4. He again provided no reasons for what he was doing. I'm not even sure if OMGUS is scum indicative, but it's not a good look either way.
In post 676, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 673, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 670, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 651, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 642, NC 39 wrote:
In post 638, Alchemist21 wrote:And NOW we have a problem.

3 people outside of the Coalition voting for it is a red flag.

HURT: Gamma

HEAL: Alchemist21
Who’s the 3rd?
Spangled
Spangled has GREAT in his. It isn't the same.
m

Oh, whoops. Thought he had completely aligned his with the others.

That makes me feel a bit better about compromising again.
Compromise is the only way I see this coalition getting passed. Everyone is too paranoid and it's making things chaotic.

I don't feel great about LUV in the coalition and I don't know about Gamma, but I'm keeping them in to get the coalition passed.
In post 682, EspressoPatronum wrote:I also agree that Gamma is more town out of LUV and Gamma.

VOTE: LUV

Per my reasoning above, LUV is a good lynch if the coalition fails because:
1. He's within the coalition (see my earlier reasoning)
2. If he's town, I feel even better about town!NC
3. If he's scum, I feel very strongly about scum!NC (see reasoning above)

The NC connection wasn't my only reason at the time. Although I didn't cite it (and I kind of wish I did now), my scumread on LUV also informed my vote.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:27 pm

@Spangled is the Gamma push you're referring to the one where I removed him from my coalition, the one where I wanted to lynch him (in between my LUV votes, or the one where I said I'd vote for Gamma or LUV?

Trying to figure out which one to talk about. Maybe all of them?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Spangled »

@EP
Yeah, I see your progression on LUV now. I somehow looked at 682 as a standalone post in my tiredness, I guess. Sorry ‘bout that.
I think the Gamma push I was referring to was where you wanted to lynch him... but the more motivations you explain to me, the more I can understand about where you’re coming from if you’re town, so explain as much as you like, please :wink:
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:38 am

Post by gobbledygook »

@Spangled, does Gamma feel like he did in CK9++?

@Gamma, does Spangled feel like he did in CK9++?

@EP, tl;dr me your scumread on LUV

@NC39, why did you guys kill outside of the coalition yesterday?

@everyone, what were RCMA's reads at the time of their death?

Will get to this later tonight.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:09 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 1082, gobbledygook wrote:@Spangled, does Gamma feel like he did in CK9++?

Cool cool! It’s strange, but the ways in which we interacted with each other in CK9++ will in no way help either of us sort each other; you were SK and I can base very little on that; you too had to scumhunt, and I was an IC that game; my IC game is hopefully
very
different to my regular town game or my scum game.

Uh... as to Gamma... yes, the tone has been different. Nonchalant, quite relaxed — even lazy, perhaps. I’m not quite sure what to make of it, because I’ve done a wee bit of meta on them and both their town and scum game seem quite different to how they’re playing this game. It is annoying.

RCMA’s reads... goodness knows. They seemed to have given up their early scumread of me, but they never clearly indicated that. They pushed for the death of Alchemist, although a bit before that they seemed to indicate that at least 1 of EP/NC were scum... but didn’t mention it after they started going for Alch...? That’s all I can remember, sorry; I’d read this whole game with an eye to RCMA’s general accuracy throughout it.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1083, Spangled wrote:Cool cool! It’s strange, but the ways in which we interacted with each other in CK9++ will in no way help either of us sort each other; you were SK and I can base very little on that; you too had to scumhunt, and I was an IC that game; my IC game is hopefully very different to my regular town game or my scum game.
Why did you feel the need to mention this stuff specifically?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1073, EspressoPatronum wrote:@NC
1. I use dark mode, so the green is easy to read. If you're having trouble with it, try highlighting all of it. I'll use a more neutral colour in the future.

2. You're right about that one Spangled quote. I might be wrong + he may not be positioning on me. I'll reconsider his ISO.

3. I just assume reads change over time. If I don't hear about one in a long time, I assume it isn't the same. Asking about it ensures scum can't be complacent and ride off of strong early reads.
I tried that. Can you please redo it? I can obviously switch my settings to mafblack to read it but then I have to switch back to mafsilver to respond and by that time, I’ve largely forgotten what I wanted to say.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:19 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1076, Skygazer wrote:
Seeking a replacement for
YOUAREGREAT
In post 1077, Skygazer wrote:
gobbledygook
replaces
YOUAREGREAT
If you promise not to lurk, you’ll be greater than GREAT.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:25 am

Post by gobbledygook »

MafBlack is better for your eyes anyway. You should be thinking of your long term health. I would know. I'm a doctor.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:27 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1082, gobbledygook wrote:@Spangled, does Gamma feel like he did in CK9++?

RC told me he had 100% BoP on Alchemist and this was his scumgame, pretty much.
That’s my reasoning, I can’t speak for anyone else.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Why do you want to kill inside the coalition today as opposed to outside?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1083, Spangled wrote:

Cool cool! It’s strange, but the ways in which we interacted with each other in CK9++ will in no way help either of us sort each other; you were SK and I can base very little on that; you too had to scumhunt, and I was an IC that game; my IC game is hopefully
very
different to my regular town game or my scum game.

Uh... as to Gamma... yes, the tone has been different. Nonchalant, quite relaxed — even lazy, perhaps. I’m not quite sure what to make of it, because I’ve done a wee bit of meta on them and both their town and scum game seem quite different to how they’re playing this game. It is annoying.

RCMA’s reads... goodness knows. They seemed to have given up their early scumread of me, but they never clearly indicated that. They pushed for the death of Alchemist, although a bit before that they seemed to indicate that at least 1 of EP/NC were scum... but didn’t mention it after they started going for Alch...? That’s all I can remember, sorry; I’d read this whole game with an eye to RCMA’s general accuracy throughout it.
He also thought that Alchemist and Gamma were buddies and he eventually changed his read on me when I questioned him about the BoP.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:36 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1087, gobbledygook wrote:MafBlack is better for your eyes anyway. You should be thinking of your long term health. I would know. I'm a doctor.
Spoiler:
I don’t want to derail the thread but how is mafblack better for my health than mafsilver? :lol:

Please answer in spoiler= tags.

Dr. Worm is my Opthamologist.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1089, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you want to kill inside the coalition today as opposed to outside?
You disagree with that? Well because we know with 100% certainty that at least one scum in coalition, otherwise this game would be over. Do you have spicier reads outside the coalition that you think ought to be sorted first?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:40 am

Post by NC 39 »

Also, what is your opinion of your predecessor’s reads?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1092, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1089, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you want to kill inside the coalition today as opposed to outside?
You disagree with that? Well because we know with 100% certainty that at least one scum in coalition, otherwise this game would be over. Do you have spicier reads outside the coalition that you think ought to be sorted first?
No, I think the play was always go inside the coalition to find scum. My reasoning is this:

If coalition fails, AT LEAST 1 scum inside
If coalition fails, MAYBE 1 scum outside

It is entirely possible that both scum are inside the coalition and given that is a possibility, it is always better to hunt inside the coalition. From any individual coalition-townie's perspective they have a 25% OR GREATER chance of hitting scum by going inside the coalition. I was very surprised to see that RCMA wanted to go outside the coalition. I was also very surprised that they died the first night, but they were universally townread it seems.

Just so we are clear - we are going to be hunting inside the coalition. ;) I just wanted to explain why it is always the move if any of you play this game type moving forward.

Spoiler: health
I remember reading a study (dont know if it was peer reviewed) that dark screens emit less blue light and also cause less overall strain to the eye. Both of these things are good for the overall health of the eye.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:47 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1093, NC 39 wrote:Also, what is your opinion of your predecessor’s reads?
You see, this an interesting question. I have played this game for a while now (on another site), but I had never considered reading my predecessor's thoughts. It's funny. I just do not do it. It might be an ego thing, but I do not like getting tainted by another player's thoughts. Plus, I think replacements are so hard to deal with as scum if they don't move in the same way that their predecessor did. I like to do crazy things to keep momentum on my side. ;)
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1094, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1092, NC 39 wrote:
No, I think the play was always go inside the coalition to find scum. My reasoning is this:

If coalition fails, AT LEAST 1 scum inside
If coalition fails, MAYBE 1 scum outside

It is entirely possible that both scum are inside the coalition and given that is a possibility, it is always better to hunt inside the coalition. From any individual coalition-townie's perspective they have a 25% OR GREATER chance of hitting scum by going inside the coalition. I was very surprised to see that RCMA wanted to go outside the coalition. I was also very surprised that they died the first night, but they were universally townread it seems.

Just so we are clear - we are going to be hunting inside the coalition. ;) I just wanted to explain why it is always the move if any of you play this game type moving forward.

Spoiler: health
I remember reading a study (dont know if it was peer reviewed) that dark screens emit less blue light and also cause less overall strain to the eye. Both of these things are good for the overall health of the eye.
Yeah, well until we find one, that makes the most sense. However, the buddy is statistically more likely to be outside, so once we find one, probably shift to that.

Why are you surprised that RCMA were the NK? You’re the 2nd person who’s said this.

Spoiler:
But I have ADD and mafblack makes me sleepy. Discord is an exception because there’s not a lot of reading to do.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:16 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1095, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1093, NC 39 wrote:Also, what is your opinion of your predecessor’s reads?
You see, this an interesting question. I have played this game for a while now (on another site), but I had never considered reading my predecessor's thoughts. It's funny. I just do not do it. It might be an ego thing, but I do not like getting tainted by another player's thoughts. Plus, I think replacements are so hard to deal with as scum if they don't move in the same way that their predecessor did. I like to do crazy things to keep momentum on my side. ;)
That’s usually the first thing I do, when I think about replacing into a game. On MU, it’s irrelevant but on here, I like to first skim their ISO to see if I can determine their alignment. I found out the hard way, you never want to replace into a scumslot, at least I don’t.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1097, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1095, gobbledygook wrote:
That’s usually the first thing I do, when I think about replacing into a game. On MU, it’s irrelevant but on here, I like to first skim their ISO to see if I can determine their alignment. I found out the hard way, you never want to replace into a scumslot, at least I don’t.
Putting a pin this for now.

—-

Why is the partner statistically most likely to be outside? I don’t get the logic. From an individual townie’s point of view in the coalition, they have “equal” chances of hitting scum in side and outside 1/4. In reality though they don’t because there could be 2 inside and 0 outside. So it makes more sense to choose inside.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1082, gobbledygook wrote:@Gamma, does Spangled feel like he did in CK9++?
Maybe a little different but probably explained by not being IC
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”