Micro 887: the coaLITion [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1094, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1092, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1089, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you want to kill inside the coalition today as opposed to outside?
You disagree with that? Well because we know with 100% certainty that at least one scum in coalition, otherwise this game would be over. Do you have spicier reads outside the coalition that you think ought to be sorted first?
No, I think the play was always go inside the coalition to find scum. My reasoning is this:

If coalition fails, AT LEAST 1 scum inside
If coalition fails, MAYBE 1 scum outside

It is entirely possible that both scum are inside the coalition and given that is a possibility, it is always better to hunt inside the coalition. From any individual coalition-townie's perspective they have a 25% OR GREATER chance of hitting scum by going inside the coalition. I was very surprised to see that RCMA wanted to go outside the coalition. I was also very surprised that they died the first night, but they were universally townread it seems.

Just so we are clear - we are going to be hunting inside the coalition. ;) I just wanted to explain why it is always the move if any of you play this game type moving forward.

Spoiler: health
I remember reading a study (dont know if it was peer reviewed) that dark screens emit less blue light and also cause less overall strain to the eye. Both of these things are good for the overall health of the eye.
Okay...
Why are you asking like that if it's your preference?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Spangled »

In post 1084, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1083, Spangled wrote:Cool cool! It’s strange, but the ways in which we interacted with each other in CK9++ will in no way help either of us sort each other; you were SK and I can base very little on that; you too had to scumhunt, and I was an IC that game; my IC game is hopefully very different to my regular town game or my scum game.
Why did you feel the need to mention this stuff specifically?
Because it’s a bit of annoying, running theme this game. Couldn’t sort EP based on tone; stuff’s pinging me but no one else is seeing it, and it’s very mild anyway, and it’s been explained but it kind of keeps annoying me — but I’m going to let it go, I think.
Can’t really sort Gamma based on meta-tone, and now I probably won’t be able to sort you based on meta-tone either, despite having previous experiences with both of you.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:17 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1098, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1097, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1095, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1093, NC 39 wrote:Also, what is your opinion of your predecessor’s reads?
You see, this an interesting question. I have played this game for a while now (on another site), but I had never considered reading my predecessor's thoughts. It's funny. I just do not do it. It might be an ego thing, but I do not like getting tainted by another player's thoughts. Plus, I think replacements are so hard to deal with as scum if they don't move in the same way that their predecessor did. I like to do crazy things to keep momentum on my side. ;)
That’s usually the first thing I do, when I think about replacing into a game. On MU, it’s irrelevant but on here, I like to first skim their ISO to see if I can determine their alignment. I found out the hard way, you never want to replace into a scumslot, at least I don’t.
Putting a pin this for now.

—-

Why is the partner statistically most likely to be outside? I don’t get the logic. From an individual townie’s point of view in the coalition, they have “equal” chances of hitting scum in side and outside 1/4. In reality though they don’t because there could be 2 inside and 0 outside. So it makes more sense to choose inside.
Because it’s to scum’s advantage to keep one scum outside of it. It’s pretty much suicide to have both scum in there, so is it possible? Sure but likely, not really. I’m not disputing that because we already know one scum caused coalition to fail.
Hydra of Nero Cain and Nancy Drew 39
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:20 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1098, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1097, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1095, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1093, NC 39 wrote:Also, what is your opinion of your predecessor’s reads?
You see, this an interesting question. I have played this game for a while now (on another site), but I had never considered reading my predecessor's thoughts. It's funny. I just do not do it. It might be an ego thing, but I do not like getting tainted by another player's thoughts. Plus, I think replacements are so hard to deal with as scum if they don't move in the same way that their predecessor did. I like to do crazy things to keep momentum on my side. ;)
That’s usually the first thing I do, when I think about replacing into a game. On MU, it’s irrelevant but on here, I like to first skim their ISO to see if I can determine their alignment. I found out the hard way, you never want to replace into a scumslot, at least I don’t.
Putting a pin this for now.

—-

Why is the partner statistically most likely to be outside? I don’t get the logic. From an individual townie’s point of view in the coalition, they have “equal” chances of hitting scum in side and outside 1/4. In reality though they don’t because there could be 2 inside and 0 outside. So it makes more sense to choose inside.
What post are you responding to? I didn’t talk about the coalition in this post.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:27 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1094, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1092, NC 39 wrote:
In post 1089, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you want to kill inside the coalition today as opposed to outside?
You disagree with that? Well because we know with 100% certainty that at least one scum in coalition, otherwise this game would be over. Do you have spicier reads outside the coalition that you think ought to be sorted first?
No, I think the play was always go inside the coalition to find scum. My reasoning is this:

If coalition fails, AT LEAST 1 scum inside
If coalition fails, MAYBE 1 scum outside

It is entirely possible that both scum are inside the coalition and given that is a possibility, it is always better to hunt inside the coalition. From any individual coalition-townie's perspective they have a 25% OR GREATER chance of hitting scum by going inside the coalition. I was very surprised to see that RCMA wanted to go outside the coalition. I was also very surprised that they died the first night, but they were universally townread it seems.

Just so we are clear - we are going to be hunting inside the coalition. ;) I just wanted to explain why it is always the move if any of you play this game type moving forward.

Spoiler: health
I remember reading a study (dont know if it was peer reviewed) that dark screens emit less blue light and also cause less overall strain to the eye. Both of these things are good for the overall health of the eye.
Okay...
Why are you asking like that if it's your preference?
In post 1101, Spangled wrote:
In post 1083, Spangled wrote:Cool cool! It’s strange, but the ways in which we interacted with each other in CK9++ will in no way help either of us sort each other; you were SK and I can base very little on that; you too had to scumhunt, and I was an IC that game; my IC game is hopefully very different to my regular town game or my scum game.
Because it’s a bit of annoying, running theme this game. Couldn’t sort EP based on tone; stuff’s pinging me but no one else is seeing it, and it’s very mild anyway, and it’s been explained but it kind of keeps annoying me — but I’m going to let it go, I think.
Can’t really sort Gamma based on meta-tone, and now I probably won’t be able to sort you based on meta-tone either, despite having previous experiences with both of you.
@gobbledygook, any reads yet?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I am going to table the setup discussion for post game (note: disagree that it is suicide to put both in coalition). For reference, I was responding to a portion of 1096. As of right now, I think I have some reads. I need to think about them more. I haven’t read more than 10 random pages in the game.
I feel like I am crazy, but I don’t understand these posts, Spangled. For all intents and purposes, in CK9++ we were both town. If we are town here, would you not expect our play to be similar to that game? Nothing in my 1082 asked for meta or tone about your play, but the fact that you preempted any answer about your meta and tone is weird. Why did you feel compelled to tell me that CK won’t be helpful in determining your alignment when I never asked you that? Why did you feel compelled to say that CK will be useless to determine my alignment when I never asked you that?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 am

Post by NC 39 »

Out of curiosity, when we figure out the scum who caused coalition to fail, would you then want to continue to lynch inside coalition or outside of it?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 1105, gobbledygook wrote:I am going to table the setup discussion for post game (note: disagree that it is suicide to put both in coalition). For reference, I was responding to a portion of 1096. As of right now, I think I have some reads. I need to think about them more. I haven’t read more than 10 random pages in the game.
I feel like I am crazy, but I don’t understand these posts, Spangled. For all intents and purposes, in CK9++ we were both town. If we are town here, would you not expect our play to be similar to that game? Nothing in my 1082 asked for meta or tone about your play, but the fact that you preempted any answer about your meta and tone is weird. Why did you feel compelled to tell me that CK won’t be helpful in determining your alignment when I never asked you that? Why did you feel compelled to say that CK will be useless to determine my alignment when I never asked you that?
We were not, for all intents in purpose, both town. An SK still has things to hide, and a tone that is not that of town because the worldview is not that of town. But it’s not the same worldview or tone that scum have, either, because the goals, while similar, are very fundamentally different.

And this will sound weak, but it was a thought that popped into my head, unprompted. And that thought is more or less correct. Sure, I might glean some things from your play then compared to your play now, but they would be so
very
small, and so for me, I imagine; IC is actually a very different mindset to town, believe it or not. I mean, you might glean some things, but I doubt it.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1106, NC 39 wrote:Out of curiosity, when we figure out the scum who caused coalition to fail, would you then want to continue to lynch inside coalition or outside of it?
This is a hard question. I think it depends if we hit scum.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Spangled »

Have you read the thread yet, Gobble?
Any thoughts, perchance, to give?
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1108, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 1106, NC 39 wrote:Out of curiosity, when we figure out the scum who caused coalition to fail, would you then want to continue to lynch inside coalition or outside of it?
That’s precisely what I’m asking you.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:22 am

Post by Spangled »

2 and a half days and we’re waiting on someone to read now that they’ve repped in, and we have someone else whose four-day V/LA ends today. Ugh. This situation sucks.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:34 am

Post by NC 39 »

LUV will probably grace us with his presence approximate 12 hours before deadline, unless we lynch before then.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:40 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1075, Skygazer wrote:
VC 2.02 (unchanged)

Not Voting (7): Hectic, Spangled, NC 39, EspressoPatronum, Gamma Emerald, gobbledygook, Lil Uzi Vert

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority. Day one ends in (expired on 2019-09-23 19:25:00).
So, we need 4 to lynch. We probably can’t do anything before Hectic comes back. I definitely give Gamma props for still participating despite being injured. He has an admirable play ethic. I wish more players were that dedicated.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:49 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1046, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All I have so far is EP’s thoughts on the night kill feel super fake to me.
You can’t just make this post and not elaborate. What about them reads fake to you?

In post 774, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think limiting the lynch pool solely to those who were in the failed coalition is more likely to lead to a town loss.
In post 772, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What’s the case on Alchemist again?
Yes, that clearly worked out well for us. :/
In post 368, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum
So, why were you voting Espresso over Alchemist yesterday?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:01 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 1110, NC 39 wrote:
I'd also like to hear how gobbled answers this question
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:08 am

In post 1082, gobbledygook wrote: @EP, tl;dr me your scumread on LUV
You can find it at .

In short, he's been lurking a lot and not contributing to the town's discussion. When he does weigh in, it's not helpful information.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:09 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1109, Spangled wrote:Have you read the thread yet, Gobble?
Any thoughts, perchance, to give?
I have read up to page 15. I have a thought independent of reading up to that point. It is that LUV lurks as scum.

I am a big proponent of kill all lurkers. LUV is playing right into his scum meta right now to boot.
In post 1110, NC 39 wrote:

I think I’ll decline to answer at the moment. I’ll encode a response about my feelings. If I’m alive tomorrow, I’ll reveal my thoughts.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:10 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1116, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1082, gobbledygook wrote: @EP, tl;dr me your scumread on LUV
You can find it at .

In short, he's been lurking a lot and not contributing to the town's discussion. When he does weigh in, it's not helpful information.
I see we are in agreement then.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:35 am

Post by gobbledygook »

NC39, what would you say is the breakdown of Nancy and Nero posts? 50/50?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Time is limited right now but NC that looks like you’re trying to find a way to vote me without much blowback.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:10 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Up to page 35. I think I am going to call everyone town so that when I’m wrong, I’ll only be wrong about 2 reads rather than 2+. I have a reputation to uphold you know.

I think reads list goes like this

Towniest to Townie
NC3*
EP
Spangled
Gamma
Hectic
LUV

VOTE: LUV
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1119, gobbledygook wrote:NC39, what would you say is the breakdown of Nancy and Nero posts? 50/50?
Nero has pretty much flaked on me, so all post-coalition posts have been mine.
NC 39
NC 39
Goon
NC 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 am

Post by NC 39 »

In post 1120, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Time is limited right now but NC that looks like you’re trying to find a way to vote me without much blowback.
We are just over 2 days away from deadline. Who do you think we should vote for? Espresso? Because you made some post, that you still haven’t explained about his reads being “fake”?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 am

VOTE: LUV

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”