Newbie 1955 - wikihow mafia [game over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 594, Donempire wrote:If scum think they can mislynch you, how does that make you an overperformer in a game
I’m an over performer based on the fact that nobody tries as hard as I do to find and lynch scum. Look at this game. Look at day one. I even made a post about it. The people parked on doc didn’t have great reasons they had ok/good reasons. They weren’t actively trying to push a wagon. The other players were inactive. Cyrus was, well idk what the fuck Cyrus was doing. Not playing mafia that’s for sure.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 580, Robbnva wrote:
In post 577, Donempire wrote:Still dont know how to read this guy
You can’t read me. Somebody already tried to explain the difference between my town and scum game and maybe their right, but idk. Once you finish reading you’ll see that I was the only person doing anything day 1. The only problem was Cyrus was actually town which I still can’t believe.
You’re taking about this? That’s not bragging. I’m just stating a fact.
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Mackenie »

Just been checking what all the fuss is about with claimnows catch up posts, didn't realise when you click on the link it takes you to a restricted access section. Can't see how this is legitimately a notes folder. I still think Doc is scum but you can't ignore a scum slip

VOTE: claimnow
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 601, Robbnva wrote:
In post 580, Robbnva wrote:
In post 577, Donempire wrote:Still dont know how to read this guy
You can’t read me. Somebody already tried to explain the difference between my town and scum game and maybe their right, but idk. Once you finish reading you’ll see that I was the only person doing anything day 1. The only problem was Cyrus was actually town which I still can’t believe.
You’re taking about this? That’s not bragging. I’m just stating a fact.
Yup. Guess i misread it then, because thats what i took it as.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Mackenie »

Rob i still don't know why you think i didnt contribute on the first day, i was constanly questioning everyone and i was one of few people that could actually see Cyrus might be town, albeit bad town.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 598, Robbnva wrote:
In post 594, Donempire wrote:Comparitively though, it does very little especially if other players arent pushing that player you're voting already. I would say that most of the discussion comes from the player thats already under scrutiny responding to other people AND the naked vote rather than the post itself generating anything meaningfull.
It was early game. People were still messing around in rvs. I voted cause I wanted to get something going. That’s typically how things start. Are you going to question every other person for how they start to play? No obviously cause you would have already. If you don’t like my reasonless voting tactic that’s fine. I don’t play to appease others. The reasonless vote tactic is one I use often and I like it cause it serves a purpose unlike rvs voting.
Well, you should. Otherwise you get lynched due to bad play.
I dont know why you are defending a bad post so vehemently, wouldnt just claiming that it was indeed bad be easier for you to move on? Legitimately asking.
And if they place a naked vote on to someone in page 3 without posting anything of substance, yes, i will pressure everyone who does that.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 603, Donempire wrote:Yup. Guess i misread it then, because thats what i took it as
I mean I can see it as bragging I guess. I am proud of that fact I can mostly replicate my town game. There are some differences im sure. Somebody made a post earlier trying to describe them.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 602, Mackenie wrote:Just been checking what all the fuss is about with claimnows catch up posts, didn't realise when you click on the link it takes you to a restricted access section. Can't see how this is legitimately a notes folder. I still think Doc is scum but you can't ignore a scum slip

I would say that this is OGI, but i have no idea what you are talking about so can you clarify what you mean by his scumslip?
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 604, Mackenie wrote:Rob i still don't know why you think i didnt contribute on the first day, i was constanly questioning everyone and i was one of few people that could actually see Cyrus might be town, albeit bad town.
I explained why I didn’t like your doc vote. You joined that wagon opportunistically. You weren’t really making a strong case or push, I absolutely didn’t understand your town read but when the wagon grew you abandoned your read.

I don’t see any of that as good town play
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 605, Donempire wrote:Well, you should. Otherwise you get lynched due to bad play.
I dont know why you are defending a bad post so vehemently, wouldnt just claiming that it was indeed bad be easier for you to move on? Legitimately asking.
And if they place a naked vote on to someone in page 3 without posting anything of substance, yes, i will pressure everyone who does that.
I should what? care what people think? No absolutely not. Nobody should care what others think. That’s how you end up looking scummy. Play honest. Don’t post to make others happy.

What bad post am I defending? My reasonless vote? It’s not a bad post and the fact you think it is shows how much you suck at this game.

Reasonless posts especially early game(but anytime) is a very useful tool. Why? It forces people to interact with me. It also lets me see how people respond to it. Why give a reason and accomplish nothing? Don’t give a reason and people have to ask me why. This shows who’s inquisitive and who isn’t. It also lets me see how the person I voted reacts.

So just cause you’re too stupid to see how it’s a good thing doesn’t mean it’s not. Now you’re educated and if you continue to say it’s a bad post then you’re the one refusing to learn and grow as a player and I can’t be bothered with you.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 607, Donempire wrote:I would say that this is OGI, but i have no idea what you are talking about so can you clarify what you mean by his scumslip?
You’re coming after me and you haven’t even read the game? Ffs.

He quoted from his scum Pt
Mackenie
Mackenie
Goon
Mackenie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Mackenie »

In post 446, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 85, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 11, cyrus62 wrote:i so i anit that late. emps and docs on my radar till i have sorted them VOTE: doc rub is null to me untill i see where the game gos
Why are they on your radar?
This is the post that is seemingly a scum slip. He quotes himself from post 85 but i don't think he had even joined the game by 85. Then he said it was from private notes but what are the chances a late joiner has 85 postes in pt?

I would have given this my attention sooner but a mix of short time and trying to respond to Robs million comments slowed me down.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Donempire »

Mackenie wrote:
In post 446, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 85, ClaimNow wrote:
In post 11, cyrus62 wrote:i so i anit that late. emps and docs on my radar till i have sorted them VOTE: doc rub is null to me untill i see where the game gos
Why are they on your radar?
This is the post that is seemingly a scum slip. He quotes himself from post 85 but i don't think he had even joined the game by 85. Then he said it was from private notes but what are the chances a late joiner has 85 postes in pt?

I would have given this my attention sooner but a mix of short time and trying to respond to Robs million comments slowed me down.
Hmm.. I agree this is troubling, but i'll play devils advocate here. I believe that unless cyrus is scum, scum pt wouldnt reach page 4 either. Its very likely that a private thread you post in without edits and one where you post without consideration is easier to mass up pages than a scum thread is. I dont think we should be basing a read on this only.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Robbnva »

85 posts in a scum forum makes more sense than 85 posts by yourself. Scum talk to each other. Take notes. Look for breadcrumbs.

What do you say to yourself for 85 posts
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Donempire »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=78130
This is a 3 page self pt made for a game that lasted 22 pages. Notice that the posts themselves are very long and detailed and yet theres 3 pages of talking to himself.
And thats with very detailed and long posts. I imagine someone like claim would be spamming the thread with short snippits.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Robbnva »

84 posts before he makes one in the game thread though? All of that under 24 hours? When he does post he said something along the lines of not having read everything.

This whole private forum for notes is new to me but it’s just not adding up for me. Everyone else can form their own. He’s also not really trying to do anything.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 am

Post by Donempire »

Could be. Could be not.

My point is that we dont know if its a slip or if its a PT, we only know its one of those due to him claiming it was from a PT but thats it. I doubt that dabbling on this point further would prove anything and claim should rather be put under scrutiny because of his actual play rather than grasping at a very vague point.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Donempire »

Its simply too insubstantial to build a case around.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 617, Donempire wrote:Its simply too insubstantial to build a case around.
I disagree
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 602, Mackenie wrote:Just been checking what all the fuss is about with claimnows catch up posts, didn't realise when you click on the link it takes you to a restricted access section.
Can't see how this is legitimately a notes folder.
I still think Doc is scum but you can't ignore a scum slip

It's not a notes folder, Claim is saying that it is a notes PT. If it exists then it will be in a restricted section of the forum, just like a mafia PT would (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also ain't that
L-1
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Donempire »

If you are lynching someone based on a supposed scumslip that has no basis, and without considering anyone elses posts nor even the lynchee's other posts, then do it without me.
Formerly Dongempire
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 620, Donempire wrote:If you are lynching someone based on a supposed scumslip that has no basis, and without considering anyone elses posts nor even the lynchee's other posts, then do it without me.
Well you’re not voting or trying to lynch anyone so...
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 563, Doctor Drew wrote:Oops sorry, can't believe it has been awhile since I posted.

Need to skim the last couple pages.
This is essentially a prodge. When/if you come back, I will be expecting you to explain this as well as answer my earlier question.
In post 546, Aisa wrote:Ooh juicy, I like this PT discussion. If Claim had >85 posts in their pt I'd be mildly surprised. But if he's quoting posts one by one in the pt then I suppose it's doable. Although it's weird that post #85 is quoting post #11 in the game. @Claim why is post 85 in your PT quoting post 11 in the game?
In post 538, Doctor Drew wrote:I am not buying Claim is scum, I get where you are coming from Robb......but I think in fact you have different reasons for calling this a scum play.

Come join me on the Mackenzie wagon and we will talk.
Ok, but can you explain why you're voting Mack, especially when you were town-reading him yesterday?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Robbnva »

UNVOTE:

Consider my vote still on him but too many quiet people.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Aisa »

@Dongempire are you fully caught up? What has your discussion with Rob told you?
@Rob what has your discussion with Dongempire told you?

A lot of it comes off as pointless playstyle discussion tbh. I mean, I'm all for discussing playstyle but there
is
a separate section of the forum devoted to just that...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”