Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Menalque »

You need to explain what it is about icon’s early content that made you TR him and then we can argue about it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Datisi »

Can't explain it when I'm Town, m8

You mean rn or?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m trying to sow some doubt in klick’s mind about dong. Remember, town has good reasons to be paranoid about almost everyone else, we need to play off that

I think there’s a really good post by mastina somewhere on probability va possibility, basically arguing that while town live in the world of the probable (thinking: “yes, scum could have done almost anything, but what, given this particular context, are they actually
most likely
to do?”) while scum live in the world of possibility, trying to get town to think about unlikely situations that play on town paranoia (making town think: “hmmm, but what if mena is right and that cop VT clear is actually because the person is a godfather!”)

So I think this is a good mindset to approach people TRing people we wanna lynch. It’s not necessarily about forcing it through, it’s about encouraging it by pointing out the scummy things the person has done (we all do scummy things) and encouraging paranoia about the signs that the person is actually town
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Menalque »

Doesnt have to be rn, but do you think town!yo would just let me shade your icon read without you saying anything to me about it?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 202, Menalque wrote:I’m trying to sow some doubt in klick’s mind about dong. Remember, town has good reasons to be paranoid about almost everyone else, we need to play off that

I think there’s a really good post by mastina somewhere on probability va possibility, basically arguing that while town live in the world of the probable (thinking: “yes, scum could have done almost anything, but what, given this particular context, are they actually
most likely
to do?”) while scum live in the world of possibility, trying to get town to think about unlikely situations that play on town paranoia (making town think: “hmmm, but what if mena is right and that cop VT clear is actually because the person is a godfather!”)

So I think this is a good mindset to approach people TRing people we wanna lynch. It’s not necessarily about forcing it through, it’s about encouraging it by pointing out the scummy things the person has done (we all do scummy things) and encouraging paranoia about the signs that the person is actually town
Oh, I've read that when you linked it in 1949. And started shitting bricks when you said "ackchually rereading that made me remember why I was SRing Korina so much".
In post 203, Menalque wrote:Doesnt have to be rn, but do you think town!yo would just let me shade your icon read without you saying anything to me about it?
No fucking idea tbh. A lot of my play depends on my mood at the moment. It doesn't matter anyway. What matters is what others think Town!Datisi would do.

If I defend him I fear being called a WK, if I don't I fear being called scum for letting him get pressured. So I should probably say something. Hmm.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Datisi »

I'm thinking I could potentially call out
Mena wrote:On the flip side, icon has a rep for being mislynch bait and that makes me hesitant, plus in my only encounter with scum!icon he was trying a lot harder to actively create a fucked up gamestate whereas here he’s just,.. not here?
as fence-sitty or some shit?

Thoguh that does take pressure off of him, and turns it to you.
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh I forgot I’d linked it in 1949 lmao

Hmm, I’m not sure I agree with that. I think trying to craft your actions to what others think town!yiu would do is difficult because (1) it makes it harder to explain how you’ve been thinking throughout the game when questioned. If it’s coming from what you think you’d do, fuck the others, then it’s easy to show how you’ve changed and developed in response to the circumstances and I think that gets TR far more often than not. And (2) it’s really hard to predict why the others think town!you would do.

So I’d say just imagine you were actually trying to solve/sort, would you be worried about being called a WK or about being pressured?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah, go ahead and call me on it, I can explain it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 206, Menalque wrote:would you be worried about being called a WK or about being pressured?
I'm not worried about anything as town, because (in the vast majority of cases) people generally just Townread me anyway :facepalm:

I think I'm gonna draft a post here for you to take a look at first, okay?
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Menalque »

Sure, sounds good, although I’m going for drinks with friends so can’t promise I’ll be around a lot tonight
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Datisi »

Spoiler: uhhhh
In post 238, Menalque wrote:Icon, he was around early game and then kinda disappeared? So I feel like that could have been busy work trying to get himself credit for the activity even while I don’t think a lot of his play was really driving the game forward. On the flip side, icon has a rep for being mislynch bait and that makes me hesitant, plus in my only encounter with scum!icon he was trying a lot harder to actively create a fucked up gamestate whereas here he’s just,.. not here?

Now I think about it. I don’t love ... datisi having him in “do not lynch” based on the content he’s provided so far
This is such crappy reasoning? Real life happens, hell, you started off strong then dissapeared for a while. And he does have some fluff posts, but I feel like him trying to sort is evident? Then in the same breath you call him possible mislynch bait and say this game doesn't fit the scum meta you've seen from him.

alright, that's cool. How much time we got to work with here?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 242, Donempire wrote:We are good team
sometimes dum sometimes hero
but we are team
we are who we are
uhhhhhhhh
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Datisi »

Spoiler: uhhhh v2.0
Totally Not Scum!Datisi wrote:
In post 238, Menalque wrote:Icon, he was around early game and then kinda disappeared? So I feel like that could have been busy work trying to get himself credit for the activity even while I don’t think a lot of his play was really driving the game forward. On the flip side, icon has a rep for being mislynch bait and that makes me hesitant, plus in my only encounter with scum!icon he was trying a lot harder to actively create a fucked up gamestate whereas here he’s just,.. not here?

Now I think about it. I don’t love ... datisi having him in “do not lynch” based on the content he’s provided so far
Inactivity periods are such crappy reasoning, tho? Real life happens, hell, you started off strong then dissapeared for a little bit. Sure, he does have some fluff posts, but I feel like him trying to sort is evident?

Then in the same breath you call him possible mislynch bait and say this game doesn't fit the scum meta you've seen from him.
Menalque wrote:Hmm, I’m not sure I agree with that. I think trying to craft your actions to what others think town!yiu would do is difficult because (1) it makes it harder to explain how you’ve been thinking throughout the game when questioned. If it’s coming from what you think you’d do, fuck the others, then it’s easy to show how you’ve changed and developed in response to the circumstances and I think that gets TR far more often than not. And (2) it’s really hard to predict why the others think town!you would do.
Also re:this: I kinda feel like it's easier for me to decide what others are more likely to TR from me then make up reasoning for it, than to play "as town myself" and think of reasons first, then decide on actions. Semi-agree with 2).
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 243, Donempire wrote:I'm personally scumreading him a lot right now
welcome to the panic room
♪ ♫
where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you
♬♩
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Datisi »

I'm gonna study (lurk) for a lil bit, if you greenlight the uhhhh v2.0 I'll post it, since now Dong is throwing the ball back at you and i don't think I'll be able to pull anything off if you die today
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Datisi »

shit I was thinking of hard defending you this game
shit why did I get a red role PM
why am I alive

also I was thinging about adding something like "what's the problem with me TRing Icon" to the post but I'm worried if it's bad
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Datisi »

bbbbbbbbb I should've just posted the thing earlier

what

th fucc
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Datisi »

bleh
you said you can explain it
i'm probably panicking unecessarily anyway
i'm not gonna let you eat rope day 1
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Datisi »

Oh joy, Chemist is gonna be making reads. Just when I thought I can relax and go sleep.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Datisi »

oh god i think he's going by alphabet
oh god i'm next
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Datisi »

I feel like chem's question's either revealing that he's not paying that much attention or is a trap. Hopefully I dogded it?
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 210, Datisi wrote:
Spoiler: uhhhh

This is such crappy reasoning? Real life happens, hell, you started off strong then dissapeared for a while. And he does have some fluff posts, but I feel like him trying to sort is evident? Then in the same breath you call him possible mislynch bait and say this game doesn't fit the scum meta you've seen from him.

alright, that's cool. How much time we got to work with here?
This can work but if you TR me I’d maybe phrase it slightly more softly? But it can work like this, just bear in mind it’ll mean I have to come back at you with slightly more aggro
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 213, Datisi wrote:
In post 243, Donempire wrote:I'm personally scumreading him a lot right now
welcome to the panic room
♪ ♫
where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you
♬♩
We don’t need to panic about this unless dong shows he can actually build a wagon, last time I looked it was just him on me and I like my odds in a 1v1
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’m gonna hard push dong tomorrow

We’re probably gonna need you on wagon too to make it happen

I think chem /probably/ votes with us, so we need two more

Klick isn’t looking like he will but I’m not sure he’ll vote me either

Bella seems to have some doubts re: me but it could just be because I haven’t posted that much content so me engaging dong will bring her back on side

Icon isn’t here so idk about him

So we prob need one of Locke/heaven or ideally both to get on the dong wagon to make him go theough
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

I think his pushback is quite bad and OMGUSy though, so I think I’ve got old odds of winning this

May just get us both TR so long as it’s not obvious I’m pushing in bad faith, but in that case we can just kill him

Return to “Completed Game Topics”