Newbie 1959 | Stuff I Found Online Xv | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 211, AaronFrost wrote:Hmm I'm having a hard time getting a read on Salad. I could see him flipping scum but I'm not all that confident that he will.
Honestly this is how I feel, i'm finding him a very hard slot to read, wish for more content from him to evaluate him better.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 204, Chibiie wrote:
Anyway, I don't see you playing scum at all, on my TL you were around mid-way, kind of, however, scumreading Salad, which from my point of v
iew looks very netural (I cannot get a proper read out of his posts and actions), looks unjust to me. Salad play in his last post, in my opinion, is a scumbait and now he's waiting on people to react on his action in order to scumread someone.

I honestly have no idea if that's any relevant to Salad's true intent behind that play or he's actually just very indecisive and has legit used a website to decide on the vote lmao.

In post 177, Saladman27 wrote:
I agree, we need to lynch anyone today, rn I honestly don’t care if it’s a mislynch today, info is better none. So let’s spice things up.
Using random.org I will vote one of the top 2 wagons.
Heads = Spartan
Tails = Dong
random.org says Tails
VOTE: Dong

I would like to know everyone's opinion on this play.
As I mentioned earlier, even if I ruined it now, I believe it is a scumbait and I consider this a townie-play.
My updated list is below. Let me know what you guys think.

Spoiler:
Town:
[*]Salad
[*]AaronFrost
[*]Spartan (I'm leaving my vote on him, but it means nothing)
[*]Teacher

Neutral:
[*]Dongempire (I'm still studying him and his posts)
[*]Merfin (Haven't seen him joining and move the game in a direction yet)
[*]Yoda (Following along, taking part into arguments, however, not very big impacts on the game progression)

Scum:
  • GeorgeBailey
  • Just thought I'd highlight this point where Chibiie says they dont think george is scum at all then put him at the bottom of the list as scum...
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 209, Saladman27 wrote:Actually, VOTE: Spartan for now, I’ll wait for dong to come back from v/la.
    I don't mind you voting me, but you need to be adding content man, if you are scum reading me then why, what are you thinking, don't just put an empty vote.

Tell me, have you looked at the wagons, have you seen the reasons for why the votes are where they are?
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

Saying now that Teacher reacted calmly and townie, albeit a tad passively to his wagon; considering it nai on him for the present being.

Reading back over early Spartman wagon here, so sorry for not knowing how to use quotes (you can see how badly I messed it up a few posts up) anyways;
    Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),

"Additionally please tell me what is anti-town about self voting during the RVS on the first page? What does it tell you about my alignment if anything?" (post 44)

and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

"Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?"

This earns scum points for Spartan as he - as stated before - calls out Salad for not investing in game related content while defensively replying to pressure.
    Saladman's Lynch on Spartan is nai for me as of now. Going over rest of game soon
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 54, Saladman27 wrote:Don’t wanna risk a mislynch, much like Mini 2099.
    Questioning this line because no idea why he voted into directly unlynching if he was afraid of mislynching.
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 64, teacher wrote:I’m hating the slowness of the game. I’ve got like 2 reads out of rand and we are a couple days in. Let’s try some getting to know you questions to hopefully start things off into the week. All slots kindly answer.

1. What is your experience at Mafia
    2. How do you play as town
    3. How do you play as scum
    4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
    5. Time zone/standard posting times
    1. I moderate a chat based community that focuses on quick 30 minute to around 2-3 hour games. I am inexperienced and notoriously bad at forums based mafia from my community.
    2. Forums might be different, but as town I enjoy looking at player interactions and wagonomics.
    3. I attempt to mirror my town game.
    4. Several things; this varies by individual player meta for me a lot from my old community, but I like to just consider what people would do in a situation as scum or town and what their partners would do.
    5. EST
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 67, teacher wrote:
    In post 61, Spartan117 wrote:something anti town when I feel it is not alignment indicative.
    I disagree. You took the randomness out of RVS, by denying agency for your vote and not voting another slot. Both actions suggest sensitivity to how you would appear. It could reasonably be seen as AI.

Outside of that, I have mixed feelings on you. Like I liked the pressure move on my slot, but not the reaction to Frosts question (which did read to me as being ok with a page 2 hammer “here” though I recognize you disclaimed that). I also like the drive for participation, though it could be lamisty.

Ultimately, I TL you despite these pings because I don’t think scum would be poking the thread in the way you have; they’d rather let it skate along quietly. The wIM I see is outweighing what may simply be playstyle differences.
    This is fair reads but - might be the community I come from - very high activity is a common way of gaining towncred, which is why I am very hesitant to make any reads based on activity.
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 75, AaronFrost wrote:
    In post 56, Donempire wrote:teacher is a pretty relaxed player overall so i dont think the response is telling.

Salads response of course views things from a very flat angle, i know that spartan wasnt trying to get a quick mislynch. Though i am happy the game gained traction, i cant townread spartan for it because either faction could do it. I think aarons reaction to the vote is also pretty bad, it reads as though hes more concerned on where he is at when/if a lynch occurs rather than getting a scum lynch through. The whole convo reads like TvS and if i had to pick a side i'd say aarons the goon here.
    The only situation where I'd be concerned about where I'm at is if I was on the teacher wagon, which again, I am not.

That being said, I do like Spartan's response to my questions. I had a feeling he was reaction testing and wanted to confirm whether that was true. I also agree with his sentiment of anti-town =/= scum.

UNVOTE:

Not really liking Saladman's posts here. In #54 he says that he's concerned about a mislynch happening on Spartan despite the fact that he was nowhere close to being lynched. And if you were concerned about a hypothetical mislynch, then why vote him at all? Early game wagons aren't necessarily a bad thing provided you have a town sensible enough not to quick/self hammer, and Spartan doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd do that.

VOTE: Saladman27
    Why do these imply scumminess? Is there a reason that they would act this way If they were scum? Would they act differently if they were town?
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Spartman
    ffs my names not spartman, can people pls get it right.... :/
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),
    You find it scummy that I am trying to understand what someone finds scummy about my play, you're off to a good start.
    teacher
    teacher
    Jack of All Trades
    teacher
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 233, Spartan117 wrote:
    I think it’s just become your shorthand for this game. Thank Georgeman.
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

"Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?"

This earns scum points for Spartan as he - as stated before - calls out Salad for not investing in game related content while defensively replying to pressure.
    Saladman's Lynch on Spartan is nai for me as of now. Going over rest of game soon
    Am I mistaken or did you just say you think me calling out salad for not producing game advancing content is scummy?
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 235, teacher wrote:
    In post 233, Spartan117 wrote:
    I think it’s just become your shorthand for this game. Thank Georgeman.
    Humph :/
    teacher
    teacher
    Jack of All Trades
    teacher
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 200, Spartan117 wrote:@teacher it is now 12:32 midnight I've been up since 6:30am and have only just got home, I will be addressing your convo with dong, but I dont want to do it in the tired state I'm in now i want to analyse it with a clear head, about to go sleep now will be up at 6:30am gmt so basically 6 hours time, I shall try and cover it while at work tomorrow as my boss is not in so I can semi-surf mafiascum then.
    SpartAn?
    Saladman27
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Green Light

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

In post 180, Spartan117 wrote:Currently alignment read is roughly as follows.

Town
    Plotinus

Aaron/Teacher

Chibiie

Yoda/George

Merfin

Dong/Salad
    Scum
    Reading ISOs, what does the slashes mean?
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 239, Saladman27 wrote:
    In post 180, Spartan117 wrote:Currently alignment read is roughly as follows.

Town
    Plotinus

Aaron/Teacher

Chibiie

Yoda/George

Merfin

Dong/Salad
    Scum
    Reading ISOs, what does the slashes mean?
    It means that i saw them on the same level at that time, it doesnt mean team or anything like that, although this has since changed, although i think only slightly
    Saladman27
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Green Light

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

In post 236, Spartan117 wrote:
    In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

Am I mistaken or did you just say you think me calling out salad for not producing game advancing content is scummy?
    Yeah, tbh I find this post (G1mmick’s) more scummier than my bullshit vote.
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 238, teacher wrote:
    In post 200, Spartan117 wrote:@teacher it is now 12:32 midnight I've been up since 6:30am and have only just got home, I will be addressing your convo with dong, but I dont want to do it in the tired state I'm in now i want to analyse it with a clear head, about to go sleep now will be up at 6:30am gmt so basically 6 hours time, I shall try and cover it while at work tomorrow as my boss is not in so I can semi-surf mafiascum then.
    SpartAn?
    yeees? oh and im still tired, i wanted to try and get on here as soon as i got in from work, but had a load of menial tasks I had to do that I had been putting of so finally got around to getting to you :P
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 102, Donempire wrote:Alright, i gotta make do with what i already have here.

I dont like teachers response to getting wagoned. He posts about an hour later he is at l-1 and immediatly lashes out onto aaron for not unvoting even though he isnt on his wagon.
    In post 39, teacher wrote:
    In post 37, AaronFrost wrote:Why do you want teacher to claim? Do you intend on lynching him today?
    This is a terrible response to L-1 from somebody who is on my wagon.
    Now i agree that this would be a bad post had he actually been on his wagon, and even though aaron wasnt i still have a bone to pick with it but the gist is this: teacher was panicking here.
    Now lolhammers are a common enough occurence on newbie games, enough to keep an eye out or even panic at times. However an experienced player like teacher, had he rolled town shouldnt have problem keeping calm at l-1. I feel like town!teacher here would have tried to explain the implications of a L-1 this early and panicked later. I believe that he also would have townread this at first glance.
    Of course him disappearing right after that doesnt do him any favors either i dont think. Somethings wrong with his playstyle, yet i cant quite put my finger on it right now. I guess i'll have more substantial stuff later in the game.

Besides that im not liking saladmans activity. He seems to post a lot, yet almost all of them lack substance.
    In post 234, Spartan117 wrote:
    In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),
    You find it scummy that I am trying to understand what someone finds scummy about my play, you're off to a good start.
    In post 127, Donempire wrote:
    In post 110, AaronFrost wrote:@Dong
    In post 56, Donempire wrote:I think aarons reaction to the vote is also pretty bad, it reads as though hes more concerned on where he is at when/if a lynch occurs rather than getting a scum lynch through. The whole convo reads like TvS and if i had to pick a side i'd say aarons the goon here.
    Can you elaborate more on this?
    Sure can.

At that point i thought town!you would be more concerned with trying to persuade spartan out of l-1ing teacher. Your posts seem more like you're trying to seem reasonable without taking any action, what with asking spartan if he wants a lynch. On surface level it seems like a natural enough question but definitely not the question to be asking at page 2. I think a town response would be more in line with "the fuck?"

The way I see Dong currently is actually a townlean. I do not believe their read on teacher is fabricated to be false; Dong's reluctance to back down on a read they find to be correct to them is townie in my book. Scum Dong wouldnt want to keep a read that is obviously drawing them negative attention, especially if they believe they are furthering pro town activity at this point.
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

Ahh blyat someone help and tell me how to quote things on this site
    Gimm1ck
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Gimm1ck
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

I only meant to quote the first thing above my text btw
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 241, Saladman27 wrote:
    In post 236, Spartan117 wrote:

Yeah, tbh I find this post (G1mmick’s) more scummier than my bullshit vote.
    Personally I agree, while I found yours lacking content at the very least it didnt seem like you had actual conviction on with your read on me, and could be seen as topic for discussion which I'm more than happy to be used as, but these comments from Gimm1ck dont help the view I had on merfins struggle for reads from the pov I believe that slot to be.
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 244, Gimm1ck wrote:Ahh blyat someone help and tell me how to quote things on this site
    Its really not that tough, it takes more effort to put more quotes in your posts, i honestly dont see how you are doing this...
    Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Spartan117
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

Its official Gimm1ck has as many posts as yoda already, so much content so soon, what do you guys all think..?
    Saladman27
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Saladman27
    Green Light
    Green Light

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

I think it’s both a replacement reading the game and active lurking.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”