teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by teacher »

I don’t have time to comment on the substance but on the code I think you are accidentally hitting the quote plus thing in the right as you scroll, which creates multi quotes.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 234, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),
You find it scummy that I am trying to understand what someone finds scummy about my play, you're off to a good start.
No. I was saying that I personally find when people respond to pressure by asking someone to elaborate on the reason they are being pressured is generally scummy to me.

This is especially given the context with Salad lynching you in early game phases - although yes, questioning Salad's viewpoints in early game phases has a place, it should not be a justification for a counterlynch unless you have other reasoning. Which is why I found it scummy.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 250, teacher wrote:I don’t have time to comment on the substance but on the code I think you are accidentally hitting the quote plus thing in the right as you scroll, which creates multi quotes.
Yeah that's the reason thanks
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 236, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

"Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?"

This earns scum points for Spartan as he - as stated before - calls out Salad for not investing in game related content while defensively replying to pressure.
Saladman's Lynch on Spartan is nai for me as of now. Going over rest of game soon
Am I mistaken or did you just say you think me calling out salad for not producing game advancing content is scummy?
Look at my previous post, not sure if I am expressing it correctly, but given your direct Lynch onto Spartman for that reasoning (esp. early game) was scummy in my book.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

After giving the game a quick run-through Aaron is the only one who fully jumps out as town for now.

Teacher has provided townie points and in my opinion his reaction to pressure has been stellar (can elaborate more).
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

Dongempire is conditionally townie only for the reason I posted above. Chiibii is null-town due to noobmeta (at least the noobmeta I am accustomed to in my other mafia site presence).

Also I just realized I've been using Lynch instead of Vote, I've gotten flak for that in previous MS games due to historical context but it is the term we use on the site I come from. Apologies if you have been offended.
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

"Saladmans reaction felt very much like scum trying to hope on a wagon, as an SE I expect more from you than your response in #46, I would have hoped more experienced players would understand the full motive behind that game advancing content, no comments on any of the other people who are on Teachers wagon?"

This earns scum points for Spartan as he - as stated before - calls out Salad for not investing in game related content while defensively replying to pressure.
Saladman's Lynch on Spartan is nai for me as of now. Going over rest of game soon
Am I mistaken or did you just say you think me calling out salad for not producing game advancing content is scummy?
Keep in mind these are my side thoughts trawling through beginning of day 2 as a sub. Clearly they are incorrect after reading through the rest of the game (content and number - wise).
Gimm1ck
Gimm1ck
Goon
Gimm1ck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Gimm1ck »

In post 246, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 241, Saladman27 wrote:

Yeah, tbh I find this post (G1mmick’s) more scummier than my bullshit vote.
Personally I agree, while I found yours lacking content at the very least it didnt seem like you had actual conviction on with your read on me, and could be seen as topic for discussion which I'm more than happy to be used as, but these comments from Gimm1ck dont help the view I had on merfins struggle for reads from the pov I believe that slot to be.
If you found Salad's votes and pressure to be lacking conviction why did you Lynch them back way at page 2?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 243, Gimm1ck wrote:The way I see Dong currently is actually a townlean. I do not believe their read on teacher is fabricated to be false; Dong's reluctance to back down on a read they find to be correct to them is townie in my book. Scum Dong wouldnt want to keep a read that is obviously drawing them negative attention, especially if they believe they are furthering pro town activity at this point
1. Playing out your hypothetical - You ever had a good hand pre-flop, completely miss but have to continuation bet to potentially take it on a semi-bluff?
2. Countering your hypothetical - what negative attention was it drawing, other than mine? It set off alarm bells for me, but everyone else (other than Aaron?) poo-pooed it.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 251, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 234, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),
You find it scummy that I am trying to understand what someone finds scummy about my play, you're off to a good start.
No. I was saying that I personally find when people respond to pressure by asking someone to elaborate on the reason they are being pressured is generally scummy to me.

This is especially given the context with Salad lynching you in early game phases - although yes, questioning Salad's viewpoints in early game phases has a place, it should not be a justification for a counterlynch unless you have other reasoning. Which is why I found it scummy.
firstly can you stop saying he was lynching me. lynching is the process of being lynched which only happens at the end of each day, he voted me, nobody was lynched, my countervote was pressure which was justified as salad had seemingly just jumped on my wagon with what looked like a vote of opportunity.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 255, Gimm1ck wrote:Chiibii is null-town due to noobmeta (at least the noobmeta I am accustomed to in my other mafia site presence).
Talk to me about his George read? I hadnt caught that in real time, and am not sure what to make of it. You noted it but didnt analyze.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 242, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 238, teacher wrote:
In post 200, Spartan117 wrote:@teacher it is now 12:32 midnight I've been up since 6:30am and have only just got home,
I will be addressing your convo with dong, but I dont want to do it in the tired state I'm in now i want to analyse it with a clear head,
about to go sleep now will be up at 6:30am gmt so basically 6 hours time, I shall try and cover it while at work tomorrow as my boss is not in so I can semi-surf mafiascum then.
SpartAn?
yeees? oh and im still tired, i wanted to try and get on here as soon as i got in from work, but had a load of menial tasks I had to do that I had been putting of so finally got around to getting to you :P
I was asking for the bolded. Not really time sensitive, though I would like you to beat Dong (back on Sunday)
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 256, Gimm1ck wrote:

Keep in mind these are my side thoughts trawling through beginning of day 2 as a sub. Clearly they are incorrect after reading through the rest of the game (content and number - wise).
we can wait for you to read through the whole game and post, with you posting several pages in the past, like you suggest your reads will change over the course of a couple of posts so for everyone reading you it is very misleading.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 257, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 246, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 241, Saladman27 wrote:

Yeah, tbh I find this post (G1mmick’s) more scummier than my bullshit vote.
Personally I agree, while I found yours lacking content at the very least it didnt seem like you had actual conviction on with your read on me, and could be seen as topic for discussion which I'm more than happy to be used as, but these comments from Gimm1ck dont help the view I had on merfins struggle for reads from the pov I believe that slot to be.
If you found Salad's votes and pressure to be lacking conviction why did you Lynch them back way at page 2?
we were talking about the second time he voted me
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 244, Gimm1ck wrote:Ahh blyat someone help and tell me how to quote things on this site
K, so hitting the quote button on the top right of a post will quote the entire post. (like here).
Highlighting text w/i the post first and then hitting the quote button will quote just the highlighted portion.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 248, Spartan117 wrote:Its official Gimm1ck has as many posts as yoda already, so much content so soon, what do you guys all think..?
Too soon to tell for me. I need to understand some of the posts that Im not getting yet, but I think it may be end-of-week sleep deprivation. Some sound points/new analysis. Some things I dont get. Appreciate the activity if nothing else.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 261, teacher wrote:
In post 200, Spartan117 wrote:@teacher it is now 12:32 midnight I've been up since 6:30am and have only just got home,
I will be addressing your convo with dong, but I dont want to do it in the tired state I'm in now i want to analyse it with a clear head,
about to go sleep now will be up at 6:30am gmt so basically 6 hours time, I shall try and cover it while at work tomorrow as my boss is not in so I can semi-surf mafiascum then.
SpartAn?
yeees? oh and im still tired, i wanted to try and get on here as soon as i got in from work, but had a load of menial tasks I had to do that I had been putting of so finally got around to getting to you :P
I was asking for the bolded. Not really time sensitive, though I would like you to beat Dong (back on Sunday)
Not sure if you missed #222 It was the first thing I posted tonight, a couple pages ago chats been kinda active post midnight (my end).
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 262, Spartan117 wrote:

we can wait for you to read through the whole game and post, with you posting several pages in the past, like you suggest your reads will change over the course of a couple of posts so for everyone reading you it is very misleading.
FWIW, I completely disagree and like spam ketchups. It shows how a player's mind works. Thats the best way to read someone - try to buid their mindset and then test whether they operate consistently. Reads can (and should) change, sure, but what matters is whether they change logically. I already have a better sense of Gimm1ck's approach than half the pl.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 266, Spartan117 wrote:
SpartAn?
Not sure if you missed #222 It was the first thing I posted tonight, a couple pages ago chats been kinda active post midnight (my end).
I saw it but it didnt stick with me. My bad, and thank you.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 265, teacher wrote:Some sound points/new analysis. Some things I dont get. Appreciate the activity if nothing else.
Its good to see, probably the best thing we got from merfin was their switch out for someone who is actually decently active of which I hope the activity levels continue.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 267, teacher wrote:
In post 262, Spartan117 wrote:

FWIW, I completely disagree and like spam ketchups. It shows how a player's mind works. Thats the best way to read someone - try to buid their mindset and then test whether they operate consistently. Reads can (and should) change, sure, but what matters is whether they change logically. I already have a better sense of Gimm1ck's approach than half the pl.
Thats a good point I agree, I guess its just better from our stance or at least my stance to not jump on the posts as they are coming out, but I do see what you are saying the gradual ouput of content like hes doing is better for reads than allowing for a more calculated presentation of information.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 268, teacher wrote:
In post 266, Spartan117 wrote:
SpartAn?
I saw it but it didnt stick with me. My bad, and thank you.
No probs, I'm gonna head off now, ill be back on tomorrow probably be fairly active this weekend with the exception of sunday evening my time (gmt) as ill be out.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 228, Gimm1ck wrote:Saying now that Teacher reacted calmly and townie, albeit a tad passively to his wagon; considering it nai on him for the present being.

Reading back over early Spartman wagon here, so sorry for not knowing how to use quotes (you can see how badly I messed it up a few posts up) anyways;
Personally I find spartman to be scummy in that situation. He uses a defensive reply to pressure (think And why does that make me scum?),

"Additionally please tell me what is anti-town about self voting during the RVS on the first page? What does it tell you about my alignment if anything?" (post 44)

and calls out saladman for not contributing to in-game scum hunting.

I don't really understand this. What about his reaction to my pressure on him stuck out as scum indicative? Anti-town =/= scum and I never accused him of being scum for it, just that it's an anti-town thing to do.

And what exactly is scummy about Spartan calling out another player's scummy behavior?

Why the fuck is everyone calling him Spartman?
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 232, Gimm1ck wrote:
In post 75, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 56, Donempire wrote:teacher is a pretty relaxed player overall so i dont think the response is telling.

Salads response of course views things from a very flat angle, i know that spartan wasnt trying to get a quick mislynch. Though i am happy the game gained traction, i cant townread spartan for it because either faction could do it. I think aarons reaction to the vote is also pretty bad, it reads as though hes more concerned on where he is at when/if a lynch occurs rather than getting a scum lynch through. The whole convo reads like TvS and if i had to pick a side i'd say aarons the goon here.
The only situation where I'd be concerned about where I'm at is if I was on the teacher wagon, which again, I am not.

That being said, I do like Spartan's response to my questions. I had a feeling he was reaction testing and wanted to confirm whether that was true. I also agree with his sentiment of anti-town =/= scum.

UNVOTE:

Not really liking Saladman's posts here. In #54 he says that he's concerned about a mislynch happening on Spartan despite the fact that he was nowhere close to being lynched. And if you were concerned about a hypothetical mislynch, then why vote him at all? Early game wagons aren't necessarily a bad thing provided you have a town sensible enough not to quick/self hammer, and Spartan doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd do that.

VOTE: Saladman27
Why do these imply scumminess? Is there a reason that they would act this way If they were scum? Would they act differently if they were town?
I assume you're talking about the points I made against Saladman here.

Scum tend to be much more cautious than town do and at the time, it seemed like Salad was attempting to be cautious. Early game wagons are good for reactions and even though there was an early wagon on Spartan, the closest it got was L-2. He was never in danger of being lynched.

Now I can also understand the fear of that happening because of the game he modded that I played in because on Day 1 we had a townie quickhammer with 10 into the deadline and then the next day we had another townie self-hammer, also with 10 days left on the deadline. No one here seems like the type of player who'd do that sort of thing though.
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by AaronFrost »

In post 248, Spartan117 wrote:Its official Gimm1ck has as many posts as yoda already, so much content so soon, what do you guys all think..?
So far not really liking his posts all that much. It seemed like he was reaching to find any reason to scum read you and came up with logic that doesn't really make sense. I was already feeling off on the Merfin slot but the replacement has solidified them as a scum read for me.

Besides that, I'd like to see more from Yoda as well.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”