Calendar Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

its contingent on me posting though.

i have to move my vote when i post if it breaks the rules.

if i dont post i can leave it where it is
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1474, Karnage wrote:
In post 1472, Creature wrote:
In post 1471, Karnage wrote:That sounds like bullshit
That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1475, TheWayItEnds wrote:its contingent on me posting though.

i have to move my vote when i post if it breaks the rules.

if i dont post i can leave it where it is
but aren't you posting and not voting?
Sigh
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:44 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

because there isnt a clear top 2 wagon. so im not required to move my vote because it doesnt currently break the rules.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
The Lord
The Lord
Townie
The Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:08 am

Post by The Lord »

Arr I have an explanation. I also be havin a new scumread that be a person who I dernt want to scum read. But alas...

Ye shall see a mighty mast from me after I've had a snoozin (mast means post its funny because a mast is like a post but on a ship :^))))) )

~Mary Read
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:40 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 1478, TheWayItEnds wrote:because there isnt a clear top 2 wagon. so im not required to move my vote because it doesnt currently break the rules.
If you get leeway (warnings instead of insta-kill), vote someone now with 0 votes on them. If it gets moved to a "top 2" wagon, that at least proves your role, if not your alignment.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:17 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

if their arent 2 distinct top wagons i can vote wherever. thats why i just moved my vote to myself.

not my role, someone gave it to me.

ive only said 2 things today and you missed them both. welcome to the game.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
The Lord
The Lord
Townie
The Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

Post by The Lord »

Arr this seem like a rotten fish. But arr who would make up such er poor lie?

Anyerway, on to me main point. Beer back.

~Mary Read
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:02 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 1452, TheWayItEnds wrote:
vote: TWIE

Creature wrote:Huh? I think I'm not thinking well today
uh what is this in response to?
baah
VOTE: hebi
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:03 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 1440, Creature wrote:I have no idea what are the top 2, but I'll give some more interesting options:

VOTE: hebichan
why vote yourself? wtf mate?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:03 am

Post by pisskop »

:lol:
The Lord
The Lord
Townie
The Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:29 am

Post by The Lord »

Err okay what arr be reading is backing up me suspicion. I ain't a great at reads and yarr I were the one who thought Bakers for sure were a scum man but make yer own opinion.

As er now, me cannons be pointed at someone I thought were a good seaworthy sailor til now.

That person be I will be nice

Er ain't one kind of scurvy dog in the seas. Every scum sailor will have their own approach. But aye, they all want to avoid the hangman's gallow.

I er call the stratergy that IWBN be using the "Voice of Reason" stratergy.

When I gaze upon ye posts, it all matches up.

I feel er was a chance that scum decided to pursue Pantaloons as their target when their got a short chance to discuss a matter. Nice has er read on him but it be dropped without an explanation, arrr.

I dernt think that his jump to Chem and off again be natural either, arr...

But what most concern me are the masts he make before night, avast! He get on the Josh ship when it be stuck in the rocks.
"Are you in agreeance with BS that we should lynch one of Chemist/Overkill even if they're probably not going to flip scum?"
"Zito won't care about this, but I have some weight invested behind RCE's Chemist townspew.
And Overkill's had some posts that I don't really see scum making anyways.

Both combined with xtoxm being apathetic scum not caring which vote goes through while coasting on a claim make me feel pretty confident we're not getting a redflip unless we swing back to xtoxm."
"I can try to find some Overkill quotes that I felt pretty good about, if you think that'll be useful?
If it's just an exercise in "who do you think we should beat up between overkill and chemist" then I can do it, but I'll probably also be grumbling while doing it."
Ter me these feel like the masts of a sailor who know exactly wert Over and Chemist were to flip. Arr!

I dernt like his defense er arr slot either though. It read too much like he expect ers to be a green matey, and not enough like he dernt want us overboard.

-----------

Arr, but on another topic, and alas an important one... We be needin an explanation for why Almost50 be town. Because e'ry lad and lass in our ship think that he be as red as a Henry Morgan's cutlass 'fter a raid on Panama. I know the lad softed like a pillow, but at mean nothin' to me. It just the kind of scheme a pack of rats come up with in the first hours er daylight.

Tell me in wert planet in this ere universe does someone who make this here mast ever flip green aye?
"I am speechless. I had no idea this was you, X. I would not have parked my vote on you if I did, but I think it worked better this way, because I moved off your wagon before you outed, so I dunno why you would be skeptical about my alignment when it seemed like everything's been going my way if I was scum here.

But I think it's bad you outed all your abilities (or all but one, since you say you forgot one). I specifically object to you outing #5, but .. well.. what's done is done now, and I hope there is a protective on you tonight. (I would have, but you're not Day Light, and that's the only thing I can Save)"
And er have to add this ere second mast 'swell
"Serious question: Do we think flavor is alignment indicative here? Because I could do with some flavor claims just to get me back into the game. I am one with no specific date, btw."
---

If'n you like me explanation for the Bakers shot,
"Not exactly.

If Overkill is town, JW is the optimal lynch because it proves either a)JW was scum and thus scum favored Overkill or b) agency captured town as you postulate here.

In b, we turn to the wagons before Overkill and JW to find scum.

~Titus"
Me eye caught this 'n thought Bakers were tryin' to string together two town hangings. Further I peer'd 'n I felt I found more blood red flags. But I shoul're known that Cap'n Chris Moody had red flags and he be a fine pirate.

A'for the other, it were mentioned in our captain's cabin that if we did nay fire the first cannon that the knaves would. Alas I di'nt like the target or the haste of it all. Speak to Kenway if yer still questionin' that. That shot di'n make sense by our accounts.

~Mary Read
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Karnage »

Who did you vig N1?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

1. My read on pants didn't hold up on reread, which is something I said in thread at one point.

2. Given that your slot agreed that xtoxm was most likely to flip town enough so that you entered the thread and shot immediately, I don't really understand why you're taking issue with me having tried to get xtoxm lynched at the end of day one? If the point is that I was probably being too optimistic, then that's probably accurate in hindsight, but I think that also requires that you ignore that I felt like no lynching was an okay alternative given my current headspace at the time. (Which was that I was really confident that xtoxm was scum and thought that him trying to lurk out the end of day meant that both of the wagons at the time were probably not partners)

3. I'm not townreading you. I just didn't think the people calling you confscum for the entry shot were making a good point given that I would have also done the same thing if I had been here.
I Will Be Nice
I Will Be Nice
Townie
I Will Be Nice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:46 am

Post by I Will Be Nice »

In post 1488, I Will Be Nice wrote:Given that your slot agreed that xtoxm was most likely to flip
town
scum enough
Bah.
Painting Trap
Painting Trap
Goon
Painting Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Painting Trap »

In post 1401, I Will Be Nice wrote:Hi I'm scum
someone is openly planning to shoot me:
instead of me getting shot, I get to shoot whoever I want in the entire playerlist before they can do so.

I really don't think there are that many protown outcomes that involve planning and discussing a shot while everyone has a shot.

Also, I'm willing to argue with you over my incorrect read on xtoxm if you really want to, but I really don't think it's the best use of time/effort.
I will say that if that dayvig situation hadn't happened, xtoxm was dying regardless and I really don't think you're going to convince me that my read sucked via "his play was fine".
No

Not if you manage to hold scum accountable for nasty shit

And this game sucks because a) town is doing nasty shit and b) nobody is being held accountable for it
In post 1426, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 1410, I Will Be Nice wrote:
In post 1407, RCEnigma wrote:So you think scum would have quickvigged...but scumreading Lord for quickvigging is bad.
I think scum that thinks they're going to be shot is incentivized to shoot immediately. If The Lord is scum then what were the odds that they personally were getting shot out of the gate there? The Lord shooting there is maybe a selfish thing or maybe even scum trying to take advantage of people's reads hoping that they'll excuse it, but there's maybe the potential element of preventing scum from taking a shot first. But idk I feel like I'm more defending my own hypothetical mindset than the Lord's potential mindset and it's kind of hard to know what they were thinking when they've been being generally unclear with their thought process.
Please, don't defend players without offering another lynch in this town.

Thank you.
That's how mafia works!
In post 1428, Blatant Scum wrote:Leading a lynch on town player is scummy, yet shooting town player isn't?
If you guys are so conviced that chemist is scum, why don't you force him to reveal his inventions and target you/ people you townread?
This
In post 1469, Blatant Scum wrote:UNVOTE:
I think that Karnage should claim if he think that his role is useful (not VT, not Voyeur, 1-shot doctor or some other weak role) and if he says that it is useful, Chemist will bulletproof him.
Do you think that this is a good idea?
Not this
Painting Trap
Painting Trap
Goon
Painting Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Painting Trap »

I really don't blame you for the Bakers shot though lord
Painting Trap
Painting Trap
Goon
Painting Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by Painting Trap »

In post 1411, TheWizard wrote:Quickvigging was the tactically correct choice for the first poster regardless of alignment. It was the choice of quickvig, not the quickvig itself, that was scummy.

Looks like I was right about Desperado being an idiot. Hopefully he hit mafia by pure blind luck. Anyway, can we get around to lynching the confirmed scum?
Before I go
In post 1365, Painting Trap wrote: you know I'm thinking you might be town because if you had a scumteam they would tell you to replace out
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by TheWizard »

In post 1469, Blatant Scum wrote:UNVOTE:
I think that Karnage should claim if he think that his role is useful (not VT, not Voyeur, 1-shot doctor or some other weak role) and if he says that it is useful, Chemist will bulletproof him.
Do you think that this is a good idea?
It's entirely possible that he (or one of his teammates) is a false inventor. If we go with this, they'll "bulletproof" Karnage, he'll publicly confirm this, and then they're free to "strongman" kill him whenever. Chemist walks away from this with fake towncred, or at worst he'll be in the same position he is now. Additionally, if town decides to go with this plan, it'll reduce the chances that a real protective will go on Karnage, thereby increasing the chances that a mafia kill on him will be successful.

Alternatively, they may actually have a strongman, in which case Karnage is fucked regardless. If this is the case, following the plan you've outlined will be of some help to town (since scum will have to leave Karnage alive for an extra night). But I don't think the chance to keep Karnage alive one extra night (if they have a strongman and would otherwise use it tonight) is worth the risk of him having a fake bulletproof on him.

In general, plans that involve forcing scum to use their actions in a way that helps town don't work, especially in closed games. I don't see anything to indicate that this situation is an exception.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

*Sigh*

VOTE: The Lord

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by bitbringer »

creature u should be townreading us. Whats going on
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Creature »

You haven't done anything so far?
Sigh
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by bitbringer »

But we should be confirmed town to u.
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by bitbringer »

did u not receive my friendly neighbor message?
bitbringer
bitbringer
Goon
bitbringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by bitbringer »

VOTE: hebichan

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”