[Game Over] Newbie 1960 - Deathcars

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Farkran »

emps (L-3)
: Quantifiable Conundrum, Farkran
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: NaCl
Farkran (L-4)
: Jocus Aevorum
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Selynee, Blatant Scum, SausasaurusRex
In post 848, Selynee wrote: Farkran, I agree with Rex and emps, not a team here but why would it clear me?
I don't think team emps/sely brings out ethos' PR softclaim only to softpush emps right after it ().
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 849, NaCl wrote:I'm also willing to vote emps, although I'm still kind of torn between him and QC.

Farkran and I had him at 2 votes for a couple days, and...no one jumps on? I'm just not sure what to make of that.
I kinda agree with you there but after what happened in d1 i think it's mostly nai. If jocus is town i think at least 1 scum in {sely, nacl, qc, emps} makes a lot of sense. On a green flip we know where to look at in d3
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Selynee »

Eh, I mean it was the only factual thing there. Don't think I could say anything else even if I were mafia than that eth0s's strongest scumreads would feel most threatened, but any mafia team would nk there.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by emps »

i dont think sely is ballsy enough to point that pr soft out as scum tbh
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by emps »

In post 833, Farkran wrote:
In post 832, Selynee wrote:
In post 560, eth0s wrote:I gotta be honest I wish I was contributing more but this is a really hard game for me to get into. Depending on how the flip goes theres someone I plan on checking out more thoroughly before day 2.

Not sure I'll really be able to engage myself before then
I actually think this is why he got nk'ed. In this case, it wasn't really about his play. If they took it as a tracker/cop softclaim, I doubt mafia would risk not killing here.
This is actually a good point, and i did miss it. A bit audacious for a softclaim, but makes a lot of sense as scum that you'd read that as a PR threat. What slot would you think felt the most threatened?
what does this even mean? wouldnt all scum be threatened by an investigative pr?
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by emps »

In post 834, Selynee wrote:Well, coupled with his last post, I'd say the most obvious answer is NaCL and emps. Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here. The real question would be who would this exclude (as in who couldn't see it as a PR softclaim)?
In post 835, Farkran wrote:
In post 834, Selynee wrote:Well, coupled with his last post, I'd say the most obvious answer is NaCL and emps. Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here. The real question would be who would this exclude (as in who couldn't see it as a PR softclaim)?
Probably anyone who wasn't townreading him by the end of d1. Need to reread to confirm this.
In post 836, Farkran wrote:
In post 835, Farkran wrote:
Probably anyone who wasn't townreading him by the end of d1. Need to reread to confirm this.
Which unfortunately amounts to no one except for maybe NaCl ().

Yeah... NKA doesn't point us anywhere, ethos did good in baiting the NK and everyone could potentially have picked that up. I'm still very concerned about QC and emps having a very bad progression though.
thing is, their scumbuddy could feel threatened by it, so it really doesnt clear anyone
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by emps »

In post 840, SausasaurusRex wrote:@Jocus Avornum I agree with you. Emperor FlippyNips continued RVS after he should have, and (if I recall correctly) was experienced enough to know better. However, Farkran almost completely erases that suspicion for me. He seems very town-like (from my low understanding of how town and scum generally act), and consistently raises good points.
the whole "iirc" and "from my low understanding of how town and scum act" is like giving himself room, to well, backpedal and get out of the tr if needed. (iirc less so, but like the whole "from my low understanding..." this is pretty bad on its own)
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by emps »

In post 843, SausasaurusRex wrote:Also, we aren’t anywhere near the deadline yet, despite what Quantifiable Conundrum just said. I think he’s pushing for a hasty lynch, but, after the lack of lynch that was day 1, perhaps it is good that he pushes this early.
do you read this "hasty lynch" as town, NAI, or scummy?
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by emps »

In post 846, NaCl wrote:Rex, I think we're much more close to the deadline than I'd like. Especially since it feels like everyone's disagreeing a bunch.

QC, why are you not voting?

Blatant Scum, I want to talk to you, let's hear who you think is town and who's scum.
this question shows that like nacl is kinda half reading the game tbh

dont know whether or not this is AI for them or not but im too lazy to meta check soooo
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by emps »

farkran mind explaining ur scumread on me? is it just the whole bad progression on qc thing or is it more than that?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

@Emps, I’m reading the “hasty lynch” as scum-leaning, because it feels like Quantifiable Conundrum just wants us to decide on someone to vote, and doesn’t really care who. By the way, my current lynchpool is {Quantifiable Conundrum, Jocus Avornum, NaCl}, and maybe Emps, but I’m still not fully convinced about him.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 854, emps wrote:
In post 833, Farkran wrote:
In post 832, Selynee wrote:
In post 560, eth0s wrote:I gotta be honest I wish I was contributing more but this is a really hard game for me to get into. Depending on how the flip goes theres someone I plan on checking out more thoroughly before day 2.

Not sure I'll really be able to engage myself before then
I actually think this is why he got nk'ed. In this case, it wasn't really about his play. If they took it as a tracker/cop softclaim, I doubt mafia would risk not killing here.
This is actually a good point, and i did miss it. A bit audacious for a softclaim, but makes a lot of sense as scum that you'd read that as a PR threat. What slot would you think felt the most threatened?
what does this even mean? wouldnt all scum be threatened by an investigative pr?
Yep, question was hollow, i just wanted to see her answer to verify who she was going to push. Pointing out the PR softclaim was beneficial to you and QC mostly but the fact she softpushes you means you are probably not scum together. Might be with QC.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 859, emps wrote:farkran mind explaining ur scumread on me? is it just the whole bad progression on qc thing or is it more than that?
Progression on QC is not really cool, but overall you seem to fit the paranoid profile except that you don't seem so much concerned about your own paranoia

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

All in all you don't seem too concerned about your reads. The only hardpush you make is sausar who i agree is scummy but you are flailing on everyone else and you don't look like scumhunting or trying to sort them, rather like someone who just wants to survive the day
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:07 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 858, emps wrote:
In post 846, NaCl wrote:Rex, I think we're much more close to the deadline than I'd like. Especially since it feels like everyone's disagreeing a bunch.

QC, why are you not voting?

Blatant Scum, I want to talk to you, let's hear who you think is town and who's scum.
this question shows that like nacl is kinda half reading the game tbh

dont know whether or not this is AI for them or not but im too lazy to meta check soooo
I'm lazy as scum, but it's more that I'm lazy at posting rather than at reading. Although I'm also sometimes lazy as town on that too.
In post 860, SausasaurusRex wrote:@Emps, I’m reading the “hasty lynch” as scum-leaning, because it feels like Quantifiable Conundrum just wants us to decide on someone to vote, and doesn’t really care who. By the way, my current lynchpool is {Quantifiable Conundrum, Jocus Avornum, NaCl}, and maybe Emps, but I’m still not fully convinced about him.
Rex, what made you change your opinions so much on emps and Jocus?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 862, Farkran wrote:
In post 859, emps wrote:farkran mind explaining ur scumread on me? is it just the whole bad progression on qc thing or is it more than that?
Progression on QC is not really cool, but overall you seem to fit the paranoid profile except that you don't seem so much concerned about your own paranoia

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

All in all you don't seem too concerned about your reads. The only hardpush you make is sausar who i agree is scummy but you are flailing on everyone else and you don't look like scumhunting or trying to sort them, rather like someone who just wants to survive the day
Elaborate.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Farkran »

How do i elaborate more than that? Ask me a specific question and i'll try to explain better.

You can look at my previous posts wrt emps votecount and progression iso
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

I got prodded, so I just picked random post where weren't question marks and quoted it with "elaborate" to look engaged and not prodging.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 777, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 772, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 763, emps wrote:
In post 745, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 704, SausasaurusRex wrote:Remember, I said not to make any hasty assumptions!

Anyway, the reason I think you are scum is because you are completely aggressive. You have had multiple opportunities to act like how people expect you to act as town, but refuse to. But why would you want to act as expected? Let’s go through the logic:

If you’re scum:
If you act like town, people are less likely to think you’re scum, so you won’t get lynched.

If you’re town:
If you act like town, people are less likely to think you’re scum, so you won’t get lynched.

Despite this, you continue to play aggressively, saying personal insults I’d rather not repeat. When warned by the moderator, you almost completely ignore her, and tell Farkran to stop doing it, even though she’s very clearly referring to you. At this point, I’m surprised you aren’t banned, especially if you always play like this.
Interesting.
Now, where is the scummy behaviour?
oh yeah i dont like this either scum is more about dodging the vote and survivng longer than town and town is about finding scum, not just acting like town to try not to get lynched
I do neither.
Does it make me town or scum?
Neither. I was annoyed with how Robbnva was acting, he was being aggressive and it wasn’t making me want to play with him. I wasn’t attempting to make any real point, but just to make him play less rudely. It wasn’t anything to do with his alignment.

In addition, UNVOTE:
These kind of gambits are more often performed by town than by scum.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Selynee »

OK, sort of reread emps's ISO and I'm still murky about him. Though I'll say I doubt eth0s's kill was due to his reads given that if he lived, he'd have been a target for a mislynch D2.

VOTE: emps

@ Rex.
Interesting, why Jocus and NaCL?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 778, emps wrote:"it wasnt anything to do with his alignment" "i think you are scum"

mhm sure whatever you say

VOTE: rex
These kind of reads are more often created by scum than by town.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 815, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:I think it's pretty fair to say that people are probably a lot less likely to go inactive out of a game if they're scum, that's a much more exciting role.
If a slot has (many) replacements, it's a scum tell.
Especially in newbie slots.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 815, Quantifiable Conundrum wrote:Why would I kill Ethos after having a huge public argument with him? That doesn't make sense, it's too obvious. And he thought I was pretty scummy too, so I would be pushing a lynch against myself? Not sure what your logic here is but it doesn't add up.
Because you can say this.
The kill is giving you scum points.
It doesn't make you scum, but it makes you suspicious.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 834, Selynee wrote: Though realistically no mafia team lets a possible cop or tracker live here.
I would do it under some circumstances.
But not day 1.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 844, Farkran wrote: @BS where are you at with the day catchup?
Is there anything interesting in day 1?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 846, NaCl wrote:Blatant Scum, I want to talk to you, let's hear who you think is town and who's scum.
I have recently found out that random number generator is better reader than me, so I decided to focus more into mechanical gameplay.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”