[Game Over] Newbie 1960 - Deathcars

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

emps (L-2)
: Quantifiable Conundrum,
Farkran, Selynee
Quantifiable Conundrum (L-4)
: NaCl
Farkran (L-4)
: Jocus Aevorum
SausasaurusRex (L-4)
: emps
Blatant Scum, SausasaurusRex
In post 851, Farkran wrote:
In post 849, NaCl wrote:I'm also willing to vote emps, although I'm still kind of torn between him and QC.

Farkran and I had him at 2 votes for a couple days, and...no one jumps on? I'm just not sure what to make of that.
I kinda agree with you there but after what happened in d1 i think it's mostly nai. If jocus is town i think at least 1 scum in {sely, nacl, qc, emps} makes a lot of sense. On a green flip we know where to look at in d3
At least one scum in a set of 5 from 7 people. This is not very helpful.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 856, emps wrote:
In post 840, SausasaurusRex wrote:@Jocus Avornum I agree with you. Emperor FlippyNips continued RVS after he should have, and (if I recall correctly) was experienced enough to know better. However, Farkran almost completely erases that suspicion for me. He seems very town-like (from my low understanding of how town and scum generally act), and consistently raises good points.
the whole "iirc" and "from my low understanding of how town and scum act" is like giving himself room, to well, backpedal and get out of the tr if needed. (iirc less so, but like the whole "from my low understanding..." this is pretty bad on its own)
Another Emps' post I scumread.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 862, Farkran wrote:
In post 859, emps wrote:farkran mind explaining ur scumread on me? is it just the whole bad progression on qc thing or is it more than that?
Progression on QC is not really cool, but overall you seem to fit the paranoid profile except that you don't seem so much concerned about your own paranoia

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

All in all you don't seem too concerned about your reads. The only hardpush you make is sausar who i agree is scummy but you are flailing on everyone else and you don't look like scumhunting or trying to sort them, rather like someone who just wants to survive the day
I scumread this post.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

VOTE: Emps
Woah, 2 days deadline.
At least one lynch in this game before LyLo would be useful.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

I forgot.

L-1 ANY VOTE ON EMPS IS HAMMER
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Selynee »

I scumread this post.[/quote]

Why?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 859, emps wrote:farkran mind explaining ur scumread on me? is it just the whole bad progression on qc thing or is it more than that?
Progression on QC is not really cool, but overall you seem to fit the paranoid profile except that you don't seem so much concerned about your own paranoia

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. | This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

All in all you don't seem too concerned about your reads. The only hardpush you make is sausar who i agree is scummy but you are flailing on everyone else and you don't look like scumhunting or trying to sort them, rather like someone who just wants to survive the day
I don't like repeating already known facts.
The whole text seems manipulative to me.
I don't like the fact that in | the paragraph continues instead of new being created.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

The missing paragraph is actually the worst thing about the post.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 870, Blatant Scum wrote: If a slot has (many) replacements, it's a scum tell.
Especially in newbie slots.
Disagree by personal opinion and experience. In day 1s, VT is the most replaced slot in the firstgamer category (players who are playing their very first game, as opposed as generic newbie who may or may not have played 2+ games on this site or elsewhere), because you are thrown into an unfriendly environment with zero info whatsoever, knowing that you will gain none because you have no night powers, and without experienced leadership to support you. Being in a team is a better experience for a firstgamer, although they will soon realize being newb!scum is hard as hell, so they might replace out of it in 2nd or 3rd game. A lot of newbies give up after the first game regardless of alignment though, therefore statistically scum replacements are usually less than VT replacements. Town PR (excluding mason, probably the most desirable role for a firstgamer) stands in-between. Day 2 onwards, especially if newb!scum has been caught or left alone because their partner has been lynched, it's a different pair of shoes. All of this is only very slightly AI though, i wouldn't bet much on this reasoning alone. Take it as a mathematical exercise rather than an efficient scumhunt tool.
In post 875, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 851, Farkran wrote:If jocus is town i think at least 1 scum in {sely, nacl, qc, emps} makes a lot of sense. On a green flip we know where to look at in d3
At least one scum in a set of 5 from 7 people. This is not very helpful.
Technically it's
at least
1 in a set of
out of
people, which makes it a much more desirable result than what you described here, but again this is mostly mathematics. My point was that i am already townreading NaCl and TLing Sely, so it might very well be 1 out of 2, and a flip helps us sort that.
In post 881, Blatant Scum wrote:

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. | This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

I don't like repeating already known facts.
The whole text seems manipulative to me.
I don't like the fact that in | the paragraph continues instead of new being created.
I... do not understand what you meant to say here. I see a | inside my quote, but i don't understand what it means. As for repeating facts, i have been asked for a scumcase and i provided a comprehensive one.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 873, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 844, Farkran wrote: @BS where are you at with the day catchup?
Is there anything interesting in day 1?
Plenty, even if it is a chaotic mess of a day. I suggest you look at Selynee ISO closely though, if you haven't done already. I'm still townleaning her but i'm not entirely sold on town!her right now.

My hard townbloc is currently {farkran, NaCl, BS}. Yeah i liked the new BS posts a lot. BS as in Blatant Scum. I still feel weird shortening it to BS.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Farkran »

And Jocus orbiting closely around that bloc
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Selynee »

Attitude or content for Blatant Scum?
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

I am talking about this difference.

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch. This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

I mean, d1 you had 4 scumleans and just 1 townlean, you voted half of the town but you forgot QC (who was one of the scumleans) and didn't even bother to question ethos even though you had him no higher than null as of . You pretty much stopped interacting with him even though he voted you and he was one lf the major culprits behind the whole d1 messy situation that led to a no lynch.

This makes me think you already knew he was going to die. Plus there's also a chance you didn't notice the PR softclaim and you killed him out of fear for his suggested solve.

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Farkran »

...i didn't knew paragraph formatting could've been read as AI. I now understand the difference, but i do not understand yet why it is AI to you. Also i don't think grammar rules would call for a new paragraph right there, that sentence is tied to what i've been talking about in the sentence earlier.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 886, Selynee wrote:Attitude or content for Blatant Scum?
Both, actually. Post is extremely towny if you look at the intent behind it.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 889, Farkran wrote:
In post 886, Selynee wrote:Attitude or content for Blatant Scum?
Both, actually. Post is extremely towny if you look at the intent behind it.
Is this serious or a reaction test?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Farkran »

100% serious. That's something i would have done as town.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Selynee »

OK, if by intent behind is it is to "force" you to give your version of what happened day 1, I can understand the logic of Tr-ing that post.

"I would have done as town". Are you sure this are the words you are looking for?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Farkran »

Yes.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Selynee »

Cool. (Not going to lie, if you win as mafia here, this would be epic).
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Quantifiable Conundrum »

In post 829, Selynee wrote:@ QC

Why go with emps's case there if you weren't TR-ing him?

Farkran, you were good at picking PR softclaims. You really think this is not the case here?
In post 849, NaCl wrote:I'm also willing to vote emps, although I'm still kind of torn between him and QC.

Farkran and I had him at 2 votes for a couple days, and...no one jumps on? I'm just not sure what to make of that.
What is this?
In post 853, emps wrote:i dont think sely is ballsy enough to point that pr soft out as scum tbh
Yeah, I agree, this has Sely as conf town for me.
In post 860, SausasaurusRex wrote:@Emps, I’m reading the “hasty lynch” as scum-leaning, because it feels like Quantifiable Conundrum just wants us to decide on someone to vote, and doesn’t really care who. By the way, my current lynchpool is {Quantifiable Conundrum, Jocus Avornum, NaCl}, and maybe Emps, but I’m still not fully convinced about him.
Your lynch pool is a supermajority of players. Why not just say who you TR?
Quantifiable Conundrum
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Quantifiable Conundrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Quantifiable Conundrum »

In post 829, Selynee wrote:@ QC

Why go with emps's case there if you weren't TR-ing him?

Farkran, you were good at picking PR softclaims. You really think this is not the case here?
I'm not sure what you're asking? I thought it was right at the time. Maybe rephrase?
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Selynee »

You weren't townreading emps (as far as goes). But you voted there specifically on emps's case. What were the thoughts behind it?
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by emps »

oh wow im really bad at this game.

im jk. jailkept qc n1.
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by NaCl »

VOTE: emps

Bye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”